• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

10/05/2012 Daily English Hukamnama By Professor Sahib Singh Ji

KirpaProject

SPNer
May 6, 2012
Better late than never! Today's hukamnama in english based on Prof Sahib Singh Ji's teeka. 10/05/2012/ Please forgive any mistakes.

Ang 763-764
ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥
The timeless/immortal being is One and he is met with the Grace of the SatGuru.

ਰਾਗੁ ਸੂਹੀ ਛੰਤ ਮਹਲਾ ੧ ਘਰੁ ੧
Raag Soohee, Chhant, First Mehl, First House:

ਭਰਿ ਜੋਬਨਿ ਮੈ ਮਤ ਪੇਈਅੜੈ ਘਰਿ ਪਾਹੁਣੀ ਬਲਿ ਰਾਮ ਜੀਉ ॥
Oh Lord Sir! I am a sacrifice (Sadke haa) to you (what an astonishing play you have created!) The bride (metaphor for the soul) is in the time of youth (javaani) intoxicated in the same way with/by the influence of your created Maya* in such a way as the consciousness is intoxicated after drinking alcohol. She does not even understand that in this paternal home i.e. the bride’s home before she is married off (this is a metaphor for this world which the soul lives in) she is a guest (not a permanent resident).

ਮੈਲੀ ਅਵਗਣਿ ਚਿਤਿ ਬਿਨੁ ਗੁਰ ਗੁਣ ਨ ਸਮਾਵਨੀ ਬਲਿ ਰਾਮ ਜੀਉ ॥
With(due to) committing moral acts, she stays polluted in her consciousness (meaning, she does not enter the Guru’s sanctuary, and) without entering the sanctuary of the Guru, virtues cannot abide in her Hirda*.

ਗੁਣ ਸਾਰ ਨ ਜਾਣੀ ਭਰਮਿ ਭੁਲਾਣੀ ਜੋਬਨੁ ਬਾਦਿ ਗਵਾਇਆ ॥
Having fallen into wandering in Maya*, the bride (soul) has not understood the worth of God’s virtues, she has fallen off the track and wasted away the time of youth meaninglessly.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪੂਛਿ ਨ ਮਾਰਗਿ ਚਾਲੀ ਸੂਤੀ ਰੈਣਿ ਵਿਹਾਣੀ ॥
The entire night (metaphor for life) of the bride (soul) has passed away asleep in attachment to Maya, having taken the Satguru’s teachings she has not walked on the correct path of life.

ਨਾਨਕ ਬਾਲਤਣਿ ਰਾਡੇਪਾ ਬਿਨੁ ਪਿਰ ਧਨ ਕੁਮਲਾਣੀ ॥੧॥
Oh Nanak! This kind of bride (soul) has actually acquired/adopted widowhood in tender age, and without union with the husband (God) her lotus like Hirda* withers away.

ਬਾਬਾ ਮੈ ਵਰੁ ਦੇਹਿ ਮੈ ਹਰਿ ਵਰੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਤਿਸ ਕੀ ਬਲਿ ਰਾਮ ਜੀਉ ॥
Oh beloved Satguru! Unite me with my husband(God). (Have mercy) that that Husband (God) would seem beloved to me, that I am a sacrifice to him (sadke jaavaa)

ਰਵਿ ਰਹਿਆ ਜੁਗ ਚਾਰਿ ਤ੍ਰਿਭਵਣ ਬਾਣੀ ਜਿਸ ਕੀ ਬਲਿ ਰਾਮ ਜੀਉ ॥
Who is pervasive in all places, who’s command is operating in all three worlds.

ਤ੍ਰਿਭਵਣ ਕੰਤੁ ਰਵੈ ਸੋਹਾਗਣਿ ਅਵਗਣਵੰਤੀ ਦੂਰੇ ॥
The master lords of all the three worlds loves the bride (soul) who has good destiny, but who has acquired/adopted demerits and only demerits, remains separated from God’s feet.

ਜੈਸੀ ਆਸਾ ਤੈਸੀ ਮਨਸਾ ਪੂਰਿ ਰਹਿਆ ਭਰਪੂਰੇ ॥
That master is pervasive in the Hirdas of all (meaning, he knows of everyone’s heart (dil dee). Whoever comes to his door bearing whatever type of hope/desire/wish, God fulfils exactly that.

ਹਰਿ ਕੀ ਨਾਰਿ ਸੁ ਸਰਬ ਸੁਹਾਗਣਿ ਰਾਂਡ ਨ ਮੈਲੈ ਵੇਸੇ ॥
Whichever bride (soul) remains as her husband’s (God’s) she is forever/constantly as one with the fortune of married bliss/love, she is never/will never be a widow, her garb is never dirty (meaning her hirda[core/heart] is never dirtied with immoral deeds/immorality.

ਨਾਨਕ ਮੈ ਵਰੁ ਸਾਚਾ ਭਾਵੈ ਜੁਗਿ ਜੁਗਿ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮ ਤੈਸੇ ॥੨॥
To Nanak, that Husband (God) who remains forever steady/unmovable seems forever beloved who remains the same throughout all the ages.

ਬਾਬਾ ਲਗਨੁ ਗਣਾਇ ਹੰ ਭੀ ਵੰਞਾ ਸਾਹੁਰੈ ਬਲਿ ਰਾਮ ਜੀਉ ॥
Oh Satguru! Deduct that time (produce that occasion, with the blessing of which) I can join with my Husband’s (God’s) feet.

ਸਾਹਾ ਹੁਕਮੁ ਰਜਾਇ ਸੋ ਨ ਟਲੈ ਜੋ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਕਰੈ ਬਲਿ ਰਾਮ ਜੀਉ ॥
(Oh Guru! With your grace) Whatever command the Master of will, God does, that becomes the occasion of union with him. No one can move that/him forwards or backwards (no one can bring any interruption or obstacle in him/that time). (translator’s note, can’t make out if this second sentence means can’t affect God or cant affect the time, this is why we have left in both meanings with the / sign. Apologies)

ਕਿਰਤੁ ਪਇਆ ਕਰਤੈ ਕਰਿ ਪਾਇਆ ਮੇਟਿ ਨ ਸਕੈ ਕੋਈ ॥
According to the past actions (karmas) of the soul, whatever command the creator has given in regards to its union or separation with God, no one can violate/contravene it.

ਜਾਞੀ ਨਾਉ ਨਰਹ ਨਿਹਕੇਵਲੁ ਰਵਿ ਰਹਿਆ ਤਿਹੁ ਲੋਈ ॥
(With the grace of the matchmaker (vichola) Guru Ji) that Supreme Soul which is pervasive in all three worlds and even then is independent of his created human beings, to join the bride (soul) in his feet, comes having made himself the bridegroom.

ਮਾਇ ਨਿਰਾਸੀ ਰੋਇ ਵਿਛੁੰਨੀ ਬਾਲੀ ਬਾਲੈ ਹੇਤੇ ॥
(Just as the mother about to despatch her daughter, abandoning hopes of meeting again seperates crying, in this way) Maya*, due to the love between the husband (God) and the bride (soul), abandons hopes of being able to keep the bride (soul) in her(maya’s) power (consider as if) maya separates away crying.

ਨਾਨਕ ਸਾਚ ਸਬਦਿ ਸੁਖ ਮਹਲੀ ਗੁਰ ਚਰਣੀ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਚੇਤੇ ॥੩॥
Oh Nanak! The bride (soul) with the blessing of the Guru’s feet enshrines the husband (God) within her Hirda*, and by means of the words of praises of the forever steady/unmovable God, she enjoys bliss in the presence of the Lord.

ਬਾਬੁਲਿ ਦਿਤੜੀ ਦੂਰਿ ਨਾ ਆਵੈ ਘਰਿ ਪੇਈਐ ਬਲਿ ਰਾਮ ਜੀਉ ॥
Having done mercy the Satguru has made the bride (soul) reach so far away from the influence of maya that she never again comes in the cycles of birth and death (reincarnation).

ਰਹਸੀ ਵੇਖਿ ਹਦੂਰਿ ਪਿਰਿ ਰਾਵੀ ਘਰਿ ਸੋਹੀਐ ਬਲਿ ਰਾਮ ਜੀਉ ॥
Having done the manifest vision of (seen in reality) the husband (God), her mind becomes pleased. When the husband (God) did love with her, then joining with his (God’s) feet, she arranges/corrects her spiritual life.

ਸਾਚੇ ਪਿਰ ਲੋੜੀ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮ ਜੋੜੀ ਮਤਿ ਪੂਰੀ ਪਰਧਾਨੇ ॥
To the forever steady/unmovable Lord came a need for that bride (soul) (meaning, the bride (soul) came in his destiny/account (translators note the word used here is ‘lekhe’ ਲੇਖੇ, not sure if it means destiny or account here). He is has united her with himself. With the grace of this union, her intellect has become error free. (translators note, finally prof sahib singh ji writes in his arth of this line ‘ਉਹ

ਮੰਨੀ-ਪ੍ਰਮੰਨੀ ਗਈ’ ‘oh manee-pramanee gaee’, I am unsure of the meaning of this, possible meaning: ‘ she has been made acceptable and approved’)
ਸੰਜੋਗੀ ਮੇਲਾ ਥਾਨਿ ਸੁਹੇਲਾ ਗੁਣਵੰਤੀ ਗੁਰ ਗਿਆਨੇ ॥
With good destiny her union with God has happened, in God’s feet her life has become happy/peaceful , she has become virtuous, she has become one of the Guru’s given knowledge.

ਸਤੁ ਸੰਤੋਖੁ ਸਦਾ ਸਚੁ ਪਲੈ ਸਚੁ ਬੋਲੈ ਪਿਰ ਭਾਏ ॥
Truth, contentment and forever steady/unmovable remembrance settle in her Hirda*, she forever/constantly meditates in remembrance on the forever steady/unmovable Lord, she starts seeming beloved to her husband (God).

ਨਾਨਕ ਵਿਛੁੜਿ ਨਾ ਦੁਖੁ ਪਾਏ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਅੰਕਿ ਸਮਾਏ ॥੪॥੧॥
Oh Nanak! The bride (soul) does not suffer the pain of separation from the Lord’s feet, with the blessings of the Guru’s teachings she becomes immersed in the Lord’s lap itself.

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM