• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Opinion 1,800 Punjabi Youths Lost Lives, Says Ramoowalia

Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada
ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION
1,800 Punjabi youths lost lives, says Ramoowalia
Kanchan Vasdev
Tribune News Service

Mullanpur Dakha,December 25

As many as 1,800 Punjabi youths have lost their lives while immigrating abroad illegally and 8,000 girls were forced to indulge in flesh trade to sustain themselves in foreign shores. These were the startling figures given by the Lok Bhalai Party (LBP) supremo, Balwant Singh Ramoowalia, to awaken masses against human trafficking during his “sensitising” rally here this afternoon.

Stating that as many as 65,000 youths were either languishing in jails or spending their life in forests to escape from the cops abroad as they were illegal immigrants, Ramoowalia said it was unfortunate that many travel agents were making money on the miseries of these youths.

‘‘It is a sad state of affairs. These agents are on the prowl, while the successive governments have been insensitive to the issue. Why cannot the Deputy Chief Minister, Sukhbir Singh Badal, put all these people behind the bars taking a cue from Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, who has dealt with as many as 52,000 anti-social elements with an iron hand,’’ stated he, while addressing a well-attended rally.

Raising several issues that were confronting the state, Ramoowalia said it was unfortunate that the Punjabi youth had fallen prey to drugs, was wasting its youth, adulteration was reported in all edible items, underground water was turning poisonous, education and medicare were getting out of bounds for the poor man and corruption was all-pervasive. The daughters of the state were either being killed in the womb or were treated badly by seekers of dowry.
‘‘Where are we headed to? Nobody knows as all political parties, we look up to lead us, are in a deep slumber,’’ he remarked, claiming that all participants in his rally were there as they were connected to him by a specific ideology.

source:
http://www.tribuneindia.com/2010/20101226/punjab.htm#1

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Every House in every village town in Punjab has a son gone abroad....some have arrived....( illegal Immigrants with no papers but already in Uk/Canada/Europe or USA..)....others are on the way...(in transit)

1. I saw clear as DAY newspaper ads in the Dailies of Punjab...with MAPS and all showing the country of GEORGIA...as a region near the Former USSR/IRAN/Turkey Borders...so there can be NO DOUBT in anyone's mind where GEORGIA is ??? Even the uneducated/semi educated could see the mAP ?? Right ?? WRONG WRONG WRONG. 10 out of 10 young men i asked..replied..GEORGIA is in USA...This Agent sends people to USA and is 10 times CHEAPER !! ( Of course he is CHEAPER..because he is just sending you to a God Forsaken former communist failed state starving country called Georgia !!..BUT No one believed ME....in spite of the clear advertisement published by the AGENT..so who is to Blame ?? No wonder these people cant spell LONDON right after spending 10 years as illegal immigrants in Southall...( I KNOW at least 4 such people who are friends with me on Yahoo Messenger and they cant spell LONDON..much less anything else..ha ha)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: