• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Why is "Aagya payi akaal ki" not sung at Sri Darbar Sahib?

Garry D

SPNer
Oct 19, 2019
Hi all. I'm new to these forums. Don't know if this is the right section to post this topic. My question is, why "Agyaa payi akaal ki tabhe chalayo panth....Raaj karega Khalsa" is not sung at the end of ardas at Sri Darbar Sahib?
Is it banned by SGPC which is indirectly controlled by RSS or there is some other reason?
Thanks.

swarn bains

Poet
SPNer
Apr 8, 2012
hi. my reply to ur question. i had been to hazoor sahib where people say it is written by guru Gobind singh je. i went to the museum but could not find this writing. i was naieve i should have asked some one to show me. but it did not. now different opinions. some people say that raja udai singh of jeend opened a school of sikh studies in panipat and some one from there wrote it. guru jee might have written. i am not to contest.
darbar sahib basically deals with sggs. anything which is not in sggs except chaupai is not mentioned in ardas there. may be that will help

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
One of the earliest versions is by:

Bhai Prahlad Singh was a Sikh from Guru Gobind Singh ji's time and the Dohra he wrote was:

• Agya Bhai Akal Ki Tabe Chalyo Panth
  • Sabh Sikhan Ko Hukam Hai Guru Manyo Granth
  • Guru Khalsa Manyo Pragat Guran Ki Deh
  • Jo Prabh Ko Milbo Chahe Khoj Sabad Mein Leh.

Gyani Gian Singh in His Tawarikh Khalsa and Panth Parkash CHANGED the 3rd LINE...GURU KHALSA ,Pargat Guruan Ke deh to Guru Granth Manio Pargat Guran kee deh. This ADULTERATION has led to the PHYSICAL SGGS BIR to be portrayed as GURU DEH (BODY) and thus its Pages as AANG(limbs), and need for air conditions and hot cold rumallahs etc. The Original intention was that the KHALSA is the Physical representation of the GURU in order to carry out instructions Hukmnamah of the SGGS.

• As was ordained by the Timeless, thus was established the Panth.
  • To all Sikhs, let this be the order, recognize the Granth as your Guru.
  • Guru Granth Ji Manyo Pragat Guran Ki Deh
  • The reverend Guru Granth is the visible body of the gurus
  • Jo Prabh Ko Milbo Chahe Khoj Sabad Mein Leh
  • Those that seek to meet with Vaaheguru, delve into the Shabad

Full Dohra: as is sung now in all Gurdwaras
  • Guru Granth Ji Manyo Prakat Guran Ki Deh
  • Jo Prabh Ko Milbo Chahe Khoj Sabad Mein Leh(in nanaksar it is Jaka *Hirda Shudh Hai khoj Sabad Mein leh)
  • Wahiguru NaM Jahaj Hai Chare So utree Par
  • Jo Sarda Kar Sevnde Guru Par Utaran Har.
  • Raj Karega Khalsa Aki Rahe na Koye
  • Khuar Hoye Sab Milenge
  • Bache Saran Jo hoye.
  • Khand Jake Hath Hai
  • Kalge Sohe Sis
  • So Hamri (Sabhki in next repetation) Raksha Karen
  • Kalgidhar Jagdees

Garry D

SPNer
Oct 19, 2019
Thanks for the replies. But if anything that is not in SGGS is not accepted at Sri Darbar Sahib then it should not be in our code of conduct and "Aagya pyi" should be removed perhaps. There should not be any double standards. I still have a feeling that there is political interference at Sri Darbar Sahib. Even school books published by SGPC has distorted Sikh history.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Agree wholeheartedly with you Gary D ji... SGPC and our Takhats are compromised...Sikh Rehat maryada of SGPC and Akal Takhat is NOT followed at SGPC Gurdwaras !!! Theres a lot to be REMOVED...as the AWAKENING gathers weight and we reach tipping point..changes will happen...maybe not in our life time..but certainly will happen.

Garry D

SPNer
Oct 19, 2019
Agree wholeheartedly with you Gary D ji... SGPC and our Takhats are compromised...Sikh Rehat maryada of SGPC and Akal Takhat is NOT followed at SGPC Gurdwaras !!! Theres a lot to be REMOVED...as the AWAKENING gathers weight and we reach tipping point..changes will happen...maybe not in our life time..but certainly will happen.
Thanks ji. Just wanted to raise awareness about this issue on internet. Lot is going on to kill Sikhism although we are just a small minority. There is a difference between Lion and herd of sheep after all!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM