• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sukhmani Sahib Astpadi 24 Sabad 8/ ਸੁਖਮਨੀ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਅਸਟਪਦੀ ੨੪ ਸਬਦ ੮

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
ਸਲੋਕੁ
Salok.
Salok (Core theme of eight sabads/hymns in the Astpadi)

ਪੂਰਾ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਆਰਾਧਿਆ ਪੂਰਾ ਜਾ ਕਾ ਨਾਉ ਨਾਨਕ ਪੂਰਾ ਪਾਇਆ ਪੂਰੇ ਕੇ ਗੁਨ ਗਾਉ ੧॥
Pūrā parabẖ ārāḏẖi▫ā pūrā jā kā nā▫o. Nānak pūrā pā▫i▫ā pūre ke gun gā▫o. ||1||
Complete creator contemplated, complete so is known. Nanak, found the complete one, sing virtues of so complete.

ਅਸਟਪਦੀ
Asatpaḏī.
Eight stanzas hymn

ਜਿਸੁ ਮਨਿ ਬਸੈ ਸੁਨੈ ਲਾਇ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਤਿਸੁ ਜਨ ਆਵੈ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਚੀਤਿ
Jis man basai sunai lā▫e parīṯ. Ŧis jan āvai har parabẖ cẖīṯ.
Such mind where so resides and listens with love. Such humble person remembers the creator lord.

ਜਨਮ ਮਰਨ ਤਾ ਕਾ ਦੂਖੁ ਨਿਵਾਰੈ ਦੁਲਭ ਦੇਹ ਤਤਕਾਲ ਉਧਾਰੈ
Janam maran ṯā kā ḏūkẖ nivārai. Ḏulabẖ ḏeh ṯaṯkāl uḏẖārai.
Pains of birth and death are destroyed for such. Such times so saves the invaluable body.

ਨਿਰਮਲ ਸੋਭਾ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਤਾ ਕੀ ਬਾਨੀ ਏਕੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਮਨ ਮਾਹਿ ਸਮਾਨੀ
Nirmal sobẖā amriṯ ṯā kī bānī. Ėk nām man māhi samānī.
Pure praise and pure words so speaks. Only one creator’s understanding such mind embodies.

ਦੂਖ ਰੋਗ ਬਿਨਸੇ ਭੈ ਭਰਮ ਸਾਧ ਨਾਮ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਤਾ ਕੇ ਕਰਮ
Ḏūkẖ rog binse bẖai bẖaram. Sāḏẖ nām nirmal ṯā ke karam.
Pain, sickness and doubts are destroyed. Such gets called pious and pure actions so does.

ਸਭ ਤੇ ਊਚ ਤਾ ਕੀ ਸੋਭਾ ਬਨੀ ਨਾਨਕ ਇਹ ਗੁਣਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਸੁਖਮਨੀ ੮॥੨੪॥
Sabẖ ṯe ūcẖ ṯā kī sobẖā banī. Nānak ih guṇ nām sukẖmanī. ||8||24||
Such gets highest recognition of all. Nanak, understanding of such virtues is Sukhmani.
ESSENCE: In the salok of final Astpadi 24th, Guru ji state the completeness of creator. So finding the complete one in contemplation, now to sing virtues of such complete one.

Guru Arjan Dev ji in Astpadi 24, 8th and final sabad in Sukhmani Sahib provide the essence of state when one achieves understanding of the creator. Mind resident with understanding and reverberating with love. The purpose of invaluable human life is served and pains of birth and death dissipate. Only one creator so understood and only understanding of one such in mind. Pain, sickness and myths don’t prevail as pure actions take place.

Guru ji state highest of regards one such achieves and the understanding of these virtues is called, Sukhmani .
Please note all errors are mine and I stand corrected.

Sat Sri Akal.

PS: With this I conclude this series of posts reflecting my humble understanding of Sukhmani Sahib.

Special thanks to Tejwant Singh ji who guided me in setting up structure around this project and great encouragement.

Thanks to all who commented or otherwise kept the thread alive through interest in the subject. kaurhugmundahug

Last edited:

Luckysingh

Writer
SPNer
Dec 3, 2011
Vancouver
Re: Sukhmani Sahib Last Astpadi 24 Last Sabad 8/ ਸੁਖਮਨੀ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਆਖਰੀ ਅਸਟਪਦੀ ੨੪ ਆਖਰੀ &#2616

This final astpadi gives us the benefits of sukhmani in this world and in God's court when liberated.

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
SAT SRI AKAAL,

A single wave form results in thought, vision, sound, gas, liquid, solid. Wave is the only form, all other is perception.

Understand wave, its one, different is perception (as one thinks, as one imaginative visualise, as one says, as one perceives as matter) it's all one wave from source (creator).

One wave, forms complete wave form.
moz-screenshot-14.jpg
moz-screenshot-15.jpg

moz-screenshot-16.jpg
imgres

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM