• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikhism Mistaken Identity: Discovering Sikh Neighbours

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Message from the Desk of Mr. Vinanti Sarkar, Producer of MISTAKEN IDENTITY
This is an informal invitation from digital filmmaker in New York,

CELEBRATING UNITY, CELEBRATING DIVERSITY

All Sikh Philosophy membersare invited to a screening of the award-winning documentary Mistaken Identity: Discovering Sikh Neighbours, a film focusing on Sikh Americans, post-9/11. This documentary film has won the Golden Lion Award, the Remi Gold Statuette and the NYIIFV Festival in Hollywood, Los Angeles. It was first screened in Canada at the House of Commons in 2005 to great acclaim.

Professor Sudan Burgeon, from Yuba College, California had this to say upon viewing the film:

"I can truly say that this was the best film on Sikhism I have ever seen, especially in terms of building cross-cultural understanding. Both Sikhs and non-Sikhs loved the film. We had excellent discussion sessions after the viewing, and it provided the basis for dialogue between Sikhs and non-Sikhs. No other film has had such a strong impact on bringing together people of mixed cultures in a spirit of tolerance and understanding. In addition, the music was beautiful! The film had just the right mixture of elements: it was upbeat, yet deeply serious and moving. It is beautifully directed; it provides the viewers with many different voices and responses; it opens the doorway for tolerance and understanding; and it touches the heart. This is one of the most powerful and moving films I have seen. I give it my highest recommendation.”

Come out for an evening of film, discussion and snacks.

Where? Humanities Theatre, University of Waterloo

When? Monday, November 20, 2006
Time? 7:00 Cost? FREE
This event is sponsored by the Department of Religious Studies, Office of the Dean of Arts, Sikh Students Association, and the Golden Triangle Sikh Gurdwara, Kitchener

Contact: Dr. Doris Jakobsh, Department of Religious Studies, University of Waterloo, 519 888 4567 X 33565 or djakobsh@uwaterloo.ca

----------------------------------------
----------------------------------------

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM