• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Is It Wrong For A Sikh To Marry Someone With A Different Religion?

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
to be honest this is a no brainer, no one has any problem with mix n match marriages per se, I think the issue is more should a non Sikh be allowed to enter into Anand Karaj.

Although I would love to hear as to what defines a non Sikh, given 99% of Sikhs entering into Anand Karaj see it as a prelude to the drinking.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
In my opinion, all who want Anand Karaj for whatever reason, should have a training showing the significance of the Laavan in the couple's new life before the ceremony. It should last for at least one week so the beautiful meaning of this very meaningful ceremony is etched in their psyche.

This has to be done by someone who is well versed in Gurbani from Miri/Piri point of view. If not, then it becomes a mere mechanical ritual out of formality because Anand Karaj is not a formality but a steping stone towards the paradigm change in the couple's lives.

I would also like the couple to walk side by side during Anand Karaj as equality is the cornerstone of Sikhi.

Tejwant Singh

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: