• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Duality-When Does The Screaming Stop?

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Your first statement is true, which is why dukh and sukh are there to be experienced, but then detached from. Our purpose is to live, discover, detach and teach others Truth detachment aswell.

I take issue with this, if one were to seek wisdom then one would be able to experience dukh and sukh, but not be a slave to it, in any way. If you detach, you turn into a zombie one way or another, we are supposed to be householders, husbands, fathers, friends, employers, how can one be all these things if one is detached, surely detachment is another Vedic philosophy?

I personally do not think it is my place or indeed anyone's place to teach anyone anything, I speak, I act, if anyone wishes to use this speech or acts to springboard themselves, that is great, but none of us are teachers, you know what they say,

"Those who can, do; those who can't, teach"

I have said it before, I will say it again, I do not know of anyone who has found a state of mind enlightened enough to be able to teach without an agenda. The trouble with being a teacher is the damned ego, to my mind they go hand in hand, better to stay humble and keep learning, and help others learn.

The Gurus lived their higher purpose, they discovered who they are, and shared their discovery with humanity.

and that is why they were Gurus and we are not

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
I take issue with this, if one were to seek wisdom then one would be able to experience dukh and sukh, but not be a slave to it, in any way. If you detach, you turn into a zombie one way or another, we are supposed to be householders, husbands, fathers, friends, employers, how can one be all these things if one is detached, surely detachment is another Vedic philosophy?

I personally do not think it is my place or indeed anyone's place to teach anyone anything, I speak, I act, if anyone wishes to use this speech or acts to springboard themselves, that is great, but none of us are teachers, you know what they say,

I have said it before, I will say it again, I do not know of anyone who has found a state of mind enlightened enough to be able to teach without an agenda. The trouble with being a teacher is the damned ego, to my mind they go hand in hand, better to stay humble and keep learning, and help others learn.

It's simple- you live- but you live beyond the bullshit. Be good.

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
Sikhilove ji,

Guru Fateh.

Would you be kind enough to elaborate the above in layman's terms?

Thanks

Okay

Bullsh*t= 5 thieves and reaction to the 5 thieves.

Ego
Anger
Greed
Envy & Jealousy
Attachment
Lust

The 5 thieves are the minds endless chatter. Silence the mind and it is free.

Others bullshit is simply their reaction to events or people or their own minds chatter in the 5 thieves.

Violence is out of anger, greed
Nindya is out of jealousy and a bit of lust
Theyre both out of attachment
Where one thief is, the rest follow, hence to silence one, you need to silence them all.

When you commit yourself to being nothing, you dont have any of them, and you have poverty of the heart.

You decide and realise that you have sh*t, you are sh*t and thats it.

Thats what the Gurus did, and they lived in peace- they committed themselves to being lowest of the low and so were the highest kings spiritually.

When you're shit, nothing can stick to you, no nindya, nothing can make you angry because you have no attachments and you dont have the other thieves because of the same.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM