• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Brothers' matrimonial issues

Aug 23, 2022
Hello everyone,

I am here to write of my older brothers (28) issues in search for life partner.

My brother is kind-hearted amritdhari man, never smoked, drunk or anything like this in his life. He is well educated and hard-working, he is educated to PHD level and works as secondary school teacher.

In my opinion teaching is very stable and noble profession to support person and family for life. However my brother and my family have met with nearly 40 girls' and their families, however none of them have taken a liking to my brother and all for the same reason.

All these girls and their parents say same thing " oh but you are just a teacher, not a doctor or lawyer, how can I let you marry my daughter?" So they break off any relations with my brother and the girl, they are so obsessed with my brothers occupation and status that my brother has lost so much confidence in himself and own ability. They look down on brothers occupation and income.

What more can he do? Why is our community so obsessed with money, social status, occupation etc? It has nothing to do with sikhi.

Can someone please guide us.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: