• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Hard Talk Are We Followers Of Sikh Philosophy?

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Sat Sri Akaal,

Sikh (Seekers/ Learner's) was teaching for every individual about how mind learns .

Learner's were supposed to learn and practice there own scripture. Not through the shallow ritualistic perceptions and ways of Brahmins of Mandir maulvis of masjid or bhaiji of Gurudwara.

We are taught way to educate own self and practice. or taught rituals.

Are we followers of SIKH philosphy.

Or. Promoting bhaijis or Deras or maulwis or brahmin philosphy.

If one believes, one shall ensure that when in Darbar no lecture shall be on religion politics or other issues than Guru'sbani.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

RD1

Writer
SPNer
Sep 25, 2016
I think ultimately we need to read Gurbani and explore Sikhi for ourselves.
Others can definitely teach us things, and help us evolve on our path. However, we cannot blindly follow what others are saying, without reflecting, and without using SGGSJ as our ultimate source.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
I think ultimately we need to read Gurbani and explore Sikhi for ourselves.
Others can definitely teach us things, and help us evolve on our path. However, we cannot blindly follow what others are saying, without reflecting, and without using SGGSJ as our ultimate source.

constant self reflection...understanding and knowing how the 5 thieves are influencing ones life, decisions and direction....being honest within ourselves (God) with our current state...and seeking guidance for a positive change

people wish for some experience of God, some proof of something more that just their physical self...
i would say i've had my fare share such experiences...but this doesnt stop Maya from fighting back and trying to drag you back down into negative thought patterns and bad habits of old...it's a constant battle of contemplation and praying for your Simran to continue taking you into a dissolved Ego and more into Waheguru domain...praying to your Sahib to not let you fall..

RD1

Writer
SPNer
Sep 25, 2016
constant self reflection...understanding and knowing how the 5 thieves are influencing ones life, decisions and direction....being honest within ourselves (God) with our current state...and seeking guidance for a positive change

people wish for some experience of God, some proof of something more that just their physical self...
i would say i've had my fare share such experiences...but this doesnt stop Maya from fighting back and trying to drag you back down into negative thought patterns and bad habits of old...it's a constant battle of contemplation and praying for your Simran to continue taking you into a dissolved Ego and more into Waheguru domain...praying to your Sahib to not let you fall..

Conquering the ego, and dissolving separateness is the ultimate challenge is seems. How quickly we can become preoccupied with "I"

The divine spark within us all is just so buried.....

ravneet_sb

Writer
SPNer
Nov 5, 2010
Guru Fateh Piarey Jio,

What will you do when Guru's bani is on religion, politics and other issues?

[AoG]
Sat Sri Akaal,

One is micro system out of macro system. To blame outer system is much easier than to improve our own.

For individual it is difficult to take charge of Macro unless one improves own micros.

Micro improvement that is a step forward.

The deviation in religious and promotion of politics is because of ignorance and blindness

Subjective parroting is raising duality, it is like blinded people having touch feel of elephants tail every one is saying different perception with there own mind.

But objective realisation is like when the veil on eyes is removed from same persons, and everyone is realising same object in front of eyes.

Are we reading and repeatedly reciting as a blinded or in a self realised way.

That it is how we follow SIKH PHILOSPHY

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

RD1

Writer
SPNer
Sep 25, 2016
Sat Sri Akaal,

One is micro system out of macro system. To blame outer system is much easier than to improve our own.

For individual it is difficult to take charge of Macro unless one improves own micros.

Micro improvement that is a step forward.

The deviation in religious and promotion of politics is because of ignorance and blindness

Subjective parroting is raising duality, it is like blinded people having touch feel of elephants tail every one is saying different perception with there own mind.

But objective realisation is like when the veil on eyes is removed from same persons, and everyone is realising same object in front of eyes.

Are we reading and repeatedly reciting as a blinded or in a self realised way.

That it is how we follow SIKH PHILOSPHY

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I like your response, and agree that we must work on improving the micro system - improving ourselves. However, this must also be balanced with striving to improve the macro system. Our Gurus were also political leaders, social justice fighters. We have to work on ourselves to understand Sikh philosophy, and then apply that philosophy in our worldly lives to improve the macro system.

chazSingh

Writer
SPNer
Feb 20, 2012
Conquering the ego, and dissolving separateness is the ultimate challenge is seems. How quickly we can become preoccupied with "I"

The divine spark within us all is just so buried.....

Extremely Buried...
but it can become radiant again...if you feel the urge, keep doing your simran\meditation...the divine light should become prominent once more...and who knows you may be able to see it also :)

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM