• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

SALDEF Announcing An Executive Director Transition At SALDEF

Admin

SPNer
Jun 1, 2004
SPN
Dear Friends,

Being part of this organization and the shared journey that Sikh Americans have taken over the past seven years has been both the most humbling and rewarding experience of my life. I thank you for trusting me with this seva, supporting me as I have grown in this role, and blessing me with the opportunity to connect with so many of you.

With gratitude for your support throughout the years, I am writing to let you know that I will be leaving my position at SALDEF as Executive Director this Spring. Over the past several months, the SALDEF Board and I have been working diligently on a transition plan to ensure that our programs will continue at the high quality that your support has allowed them to reach.

jasjit.jpg

I am confident and proud that the important community-building work that you rely on us to do will only deepen under the guidance of a new Executive Director and with the wisdom of our Board of Directors, the commitment of our team, and the support of donors like you. I am grateful to the SALDEF Board of Directors for their leadership, support and encouragement. I applaud the entire SALDEF Team —Board of Directors, staff and volunteers —for their dedication and thankless efforts in ensuring the Sikh community’s voice is strong, clear and heard.

As SALDEF enters its 20th year, we are more excited than ever about the progress that lies ahead. From our SikhLEAD programs which have created a national infrastructure for young leaders, to securing policies that protect our rights and the rights of all Americans, to our Media Initiative which is raising awareness about our community at unprecedented levels, we have much to look forward to.

I am also pleased to share that my work with the community will continue in another capacity. Over the next several weeks I will be joining the Obama Administration to serve as a Senior Policy Advisor in the Center for Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships at the U.S. Department of Justice. In this role I will be working closely with the Community Relations Service on issues related to hate crimes against Sikhs, Arabs, Muslims and other impacted communities.

Between now and the end of this year, the SALDEF Board of Directors will continue to implement our transition plan. The most important part of the process, of course, is to find our new Executive Director, and that's where we need your help. Please share our Executive Director job announcement and let's continue to build on the legacy of this great institution.

With best wishes for continued Chardi Kala,

Jasjit Singh
Executive Director

From Manjit Singh, on Behalf of the SALDEF Board of Directors

Dear SALDEF Community:

On behalf of the SALDEF Board of Directors, I write to thank Jasjit Singh for his service to the Sikh Community, and to tell you about our plans for a healthy and effective transition process.

Under Jasjit’s direction, and with the efforts of our accomplished and dedicated staff, board members and advisors, SALDEF has become a leading national voice for the Sikh American community in the United States. We are so inspired by and grateful for the time and investment that Jasjit has given for the past seven years. Jasjit's leadership and the efforts of our entire team, past and present, have placed SALDEF in a position of influence.

Over the past six months, the SALDEF Board and Jasjit have been developing a transition plan. Over the past month, we began to engage our staff and key stakeholders as well. Please help us find our next Executive Director.

We are confident that we will have a transition worthy of Jasjit’s leadership and commitment to SALDEF and our communities. Over the coming months, we will keep you updated on the transition process, and let you know about opportunities to celebrate and sustain the legacy that Jasjit leaves.

I welcome your feedback, input, ideas and questions as we move through our leadership transition. Please feel free to reach me at Manjit.Singh@saldef.org.

On behalf of the Board of Directors, I want to thank you for your ongoing support and your trust in SALDEF’s vision for strengthening the Sikh community.

Warmly,

Manjit Singh
Chair, SALDEF Board of Directors

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: