• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Air India Bombing - 1985

S|kH

SPNer
Jul 11, 2004
We Are PENN STATE!!
This was one of the worst terrorist attacks in history.

Why, oh why, do we sit idly and even attempt to defend those fools?

They committed a blatant terrorist attack. They bombed innocent civilians in response to the Hindu Gov't attacking Darbar Sahib.

Innocent civilians headed to Canada were killed. For WHAT?!
And we sit idly, and some of you, hope they get out perfectly fine, untouched, just because their "Sikhs" and they wear pughs.

Let justice be served, they committed blatant obvious terrorist attacks, and they should be punished. Those hindus on the planes, did not deserve to die.

I'm sure when Guru Gobind was fighting the muslims, and partially lost one of the battles to the emperor, he ransacked the local muslim village, and slayed all the innocents.

We must stand up, and show the public that we are AGAINST such terrorism, such blatant stupid hate. Otherwise they will begin to think we're passive.

In America, many Christians are {censored}ed off at muslims because the muslims do not make a public outcry over the beheadings, instead they sit idly, and no one knows whether they agree with it or not. Beheadings of innocent individuals.

When Americans committed repulsive acts at Abu Gharib, the AMERICAN PUBLIC MADE AN OUTCRY, and we held those soldiers responsible for their deeds. We showed the world that we DO CARE, that those soldiers DO NOT represent us, and we WILL condemn them publicily.

After so long, the Sikhs sit passive and some of you hope that those 2 terrorists are released.

I do not care for the outcome of the trial, if they are proven not-guilty than let them free. If they are proven guilty, they get what they deserve.

S|kH

SPNer
Jul 11, 2004
We Are PENN STATE!!
There is MUCH, MUCH, MUCH MORE evidence pointing the acts towards them rather than Indian Government.

Please, do not become a sheep, and just follow what every Khalistani tells you. ;)

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear Singhji
What I think about this is that we should realise our mistakes then only is a chance for improvement and do agree that Sikhs were discriminated in Punjab and innumerable atrocities were done on them( I am witness of all this I lived in amritsar all this time )
And Sikh has every right to defend his right beyond rules of governing government if government itself is discriminating you
But the thing is what to do, lot people stood up against authorities for the right cause it was totally unplanned and more over under unreliable leaders ( sikh leaders ) and we were the people who were choosing these leaders . To start with (before blue star) very thing was quite right the thing which sikhs were demanding were not at all unreasonable they were demanding what they deserved but how they pursued their case was not right (as far as I think) the leadership of the time was not that able as was situation want them to be. They did many mistakes and many things that Gurmat will never allow and Air India Bombing - 1985 was one of them and we should accept this mistake and pledge not to repeat it again.
I have lived in Punjab all my life till recently and can very plainly say that sikh leadership is even worse today and if sikh community is faced with such situation in today’s scenario than results will be even worse. Akali dal the so called political representation of Sikhs are so hopeless that you cant expect any thing from them and SGPC is even worse. We are the people who choose them and many among us who are quite able but Don't bother to take headache of going into politics as contestant instead feel just good at respective homes and at most be known as saints .and mahapurush among fellow Sikhs
I really wonder when on Internet I happen to read about many mahapursh and saints in Sikh community but none of them ever take headache to lead whole sikh community at a central level.
And when we talk about such mistakes that we have done in so called freedom struggle for khalistan , what I think will continue to happen until unless we get a able leadership and we all should ponder over the issue and look for some solution

This is what I think of it but I may be wrong

Jul 13, 2004
Canada
drkhalsa said:
We are the people who choose them and many among us who are quite able but Don't bother to take headache of going into politics as contestant instead feel just good at respective homes and at most be known as saints .and mahapurush among fellow Sikhs
Nice to see this. Thats why they say, Good citizens assist election of Bad politicians or leaders. I dont plan to be good!

S|kH

SPNer
Jul 11, 2004
We Are PENN STATE!!
drkhalsa explained it perfectly. The leaders that tried the movement before were not smart enough to pull it off.

I love politics, and its the thing that I think my sikhi strives in the most.

But my first project is combining these neighboring "rival" gurdwaras into one.
I'll probably never accomplish it, but hopefully start paving the way for someone who will.

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear SIKH
I am really glad to read your post and yes!! this what i would like the young generation like you to do alongside other things I am really happy may akal purakh bless you in your work

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM