• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Who Is Guru In Sikhism

Honey22

SPNer
Jun 30, 2008
Todays Hukamnaama from Siri Darbaar Sahib Ji reminded me again to share something:

ਜੋ ਜਨੁ ਭਾਉ ਭਗਤਿ ਕਛੁ ਜਾਨੈ ਤਾ ਕਉ ਅਚਰਜੁ ਕਾਹੋ
जो जनु भाउ भगति कछु जानै ता कउ अचरजु काहो ॥
Jo jan bẖā­o bẖagaṯ kacẖẖ jānai ṯā ka­o acẖraj kāho.
What surprise is there for the man, who knows even something of the love and meditation of God?
ਉਸ ਬੰਦੇ ਨੂੰ ਕਿਹੜੀ ਹੈਰਾਨੀ ਹੈ, ਜੋ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਪ੍ਰੀਤ ਅਤੇ ਬੰਦਗੀ ਨੂੰ ਕੁਝ ਕੁ ਭੀ ਸਮਝਦਾ ਹੈ।

ਜਿਉ ਜਲੁ ਜਲ ਮਹਿ ਪੈਸਿ ਨਿਕਸੈ ਤਿਉ ਢੁਰਿ ਮਿਲਿਓ ਜੁਲਾਹੋ ॥੧॥
जिउ जलु जल महि पैसि न निकसै तिउ ढुरि मिलिओ जुलाहो ॥१॥
Ji­o jal jal meh pais na niksai ṯi­o dẖur mili­o julāho. ||1||
As water falling in water, separates not again, so the so the weaver, softening down, has blended with the Lord.
ਜਿਸ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਪਾਣੀ ਵਿੱਚ ਪਾਣੀ ਲੈ ਕੇ ਮੁੜ ਵੱਖਰਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੁੰਦਾ, ਏਸੇ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਜੁਲਾਹਾ ਕੋਮਲ ਹੋ, ਸਾਈਂ ਨਾਲ ਅਭੇਦ ਹੋ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ।

ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਲੋਗਾ ਮੈ ਤਉ ਮਤਿ ਕਾ ਭੋਰਾ
हरि के लोगा मै तउ मति का भोरा ॥
Har kė logā mai ṯa­o maṯ kā bẖorā.
O men of God, I am mentally a simpleton.
ਹੇ ਰੱਬ ਦੇ ਬੰਦਿਓ! ਮੈਂ ਅਕਲੋਂ ਭੋਲਾ ਭਾਲਾ ਹਾਂ।

ਜਉ ਤਨੁ ਕਾਸੀ ਤਜਹਿ ਕਬੀਰਾ ਰਮਈਐ ਕਹਾ ਨਿਹੋਰਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
जउ तनु कासी तजहि कबीरा रमईऐ कहा निहोरा ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
Ja­o ṯan kāsī ṯajeh kabīrā rama­ī­ai kahā nihorā. ||1|| rahā­o.
If Kabir abandons His body at Banaras, What obligation owes he to God according to the Hindu belief he is emancipated of his own)? Pause.
ਜੇਕਰ ਕਬੀਰ ਬਨਾਰਸ ਵਿੱਚ ਆਪਣੀ ਦੇਹ ਛੱਡ ਦੇਵੇ, ਤਾਂ ਉਹ ਰੱਬ ਦੀ ਕੀ ਮੁਛੰਦਗੀ ਧਰਾਉਂਦਾ ਹੈ, ਕਿਉਂ ਜੋ ਹਿੰਦੂਆਂ ਦੇ ਮਤ ਅਨੁਸਾਰ ਉਹ ਖ਼ੁਦ-ਬ-ਖ਼ੁਦ ਹੀ ਮੁਕਤ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ? ਠਹਿਰਾਓ।

ਕਹਤੁ ਕਬੀਰੁ ਸੁਨਹੁ ਰੇ ਲੋਈ ਭਰਮਿ ਭੂਲਹੁ ਕੋਈ
कहतु कबीरु सुनहु रे लोई भरमि न भूलहु कोई ॥
Kahaṯ Kabīr sunhu rė lo­ī bẖaram na bẖūlahu ko­ī.
Says Kabir, hear, O people, let no one go astray under any illusion.
ਕਬੀਰ ਜੀ ਆਖਦੇ ਹਨ, ਸਰਵਣ ਕਰੋ, ਹੇ ਲੋਕੋ! ਕੋਈ ਜਣਾ ਕਿਸੇ ਸ਼ੱਕ ਸੁਬੇ ਵਿੱਚ ਕੁਰਾਹੇ ਨਾਂ ਪਵੇ।

ਕਿਆ ਕਾਸੀ ਕਿਆ ਊਖਰੁ ਮਗਹਰੁ ਰਾਮੁ ਰਿਦੈ ਜਉ ਹੋਈ ॥੨॥੩॥
किआ कासी किआ ऊखरु मगहरु रामु रिदै जउ होई ॥२॥३॥
Ki­ā kāsī ki­ā ūkẖar maghar rām riḏai ja­o ho­ī. ||2||3||
What difference is there between Banaras and barren Maghar, if the Pervading God be within the mind?
ਬਨਾਰਸ ਅਤੇ ਉਜਾੜ ਮਗਹਰ ਵਿੱਚ ਕੀ ਫ਼ਰਕ ਹੈ, ਜੇਕਰ ਵਿਆਪਕ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਦਿਲ ਅੰਦਰ ਹੋਵੇ?

Just sharing Gurbani. The treasure given by Guru Ji- He claims that It grows more and more when we use It more and more.

Tot na aavay vaddado jaaee

Last edited by a moderator:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Honey ji

Thank you for asking for clarification. Rather than leave you wondering here is the definition I am using, An issue is A point or matter of discussion, The essential point; crux.

This is the informal definition. A personal problem or emotional disorder. I was not using the informal definition.

It is always a good idea to ask for clarification in a discussion rather than to jump to conclusions. :yes:

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Sikh 80 ji, aad0002 Ji,
Any question about understanding Gurbani is not questioning or doubting Gurbani; if any feels so, it is pity that Guru Message has been missed as per His Hukm. I am going to support this idea with the help of our Glorious Guru jian. Read on
ਪਉੜੀ ਧਨੁ ਧਨੁ ਸਤ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਹਮਾਰਾ ਜਿਤੁ ਮਿਲਿਐ ਹਮ ਕਉ ਸਾਂਤਿ ਆਈ ਧਨੁ ਧਨੁ ਸਤ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਹਮਾਰਾ ਜਿਤੁ ਮਿਲਿਐ ਹਮ ਹਰਿ ਭਗਤਿ ਪਾਈ
Pauri. Blessed! blessed! is my Satguru, the True person, meeting whom I have obtained peace. Blessed! blessed! is my Satguru, the person, meeting whom I have attained the Lord's meditation.
ਸਾਡਾ ਸਤਪੁਰਖੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਧੰਨ ਹੈ, ਜਿਸ ਦੇ ਮਿਲਿਆਂ ਸਾਡੇ ਹਿਰਦੇ ਵਿਚ ਠੰਡ ਪਈ ਹੈ, ਤੇ ਜਿਸਦੇ ਮਿਲਿਆਂ ਅਸਾਂ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੀ ਭਗਤੀ ਲੱਭੀ ਹੈ
ਧਨੁ ਧਨੁ ਹਰਿ ਭਗਤੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਹਮਾਰਾ ਜਿਸ ਕੀ ਸੇਵਾ ਤੇ ਹਮ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮਿ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਈ ਧਨੁ ਧਨੁ ਹਰਿ ਗਿਆਨੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਹਮਾਰਾ ਜਿਨਿ ਵੈਰੀ ਮਿਤ੍ਰੁ ਹਮ ਕਉ ਸਭ ਸਮ ਦ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਦਿਖਾਈ
Auspicious! auspicious! is my True Guru, the Lord's devotee, serving whom I have come to profess love for the God's Name. Sublime, sublime is my True Guru, the Lord's divine, who has made me see the foe and friend with the same-eye.
ਹਰੀ ਦਾ ਭਗਤ ਸਾਡਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਧੰਨ ਹੈ, ਜਿਸ ਦੀ ਸੇਵਾ ਕਰ ਕੇ ਅਸਾਂ ਹਰੀ ਦੇ ਨਾਮ ਵਿਚ ਬਿਰਤੀ ਜੋੜੀ ਹੈ; ਹਰੀ ਦੇ ਗਿਆਨ ਵਾਲਾ ਸਾਡਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਧੰਨ ਹੈ ਜਿਸ ਨੇ ਵੈਰੀ ਕੀਹ ਤੇ ਸਜਨ ਕੀਹ-ਸਭ ਵਾਲ ਸਾਨੂੰ ਏਕਤਾ ਦੀ ਨਜ਼ਰ (ਨਾਲ ਵੇਖਣ ਦੀ ਜਾਚ) ਸਿਖਾਈ ਹੈ
ਧਨੁ ਧਨੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਮਿਤ੍ਰੁ ਹਮਾਰਾ ਜਿਨਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮ ਸਿਉ ਹਮਾਰੀ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਬਣਾਈ ੧੯
Praiseworthy! Praise worthy! is the True Guru, my friend, who has make me embrace love for the Lord's Name
ਸਾਡਾ ਸੱਜਣ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਧੰਨ ਹੈ, ਜਿਸ ਨੇ ਹਰੀ ਦੇ ਨਾਮ ਨਾਲ ਸਾਡਾ ਪਿਆਰ ਬਣਾ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਹੈ੧੯
In the above Pouri Satguru ji is defining charismatic guidance of Guru who enables the seekers to understand HIM and experiencing HIS presence. Greatness of Guru becomes so high even words are not enough to describe Guru’s greatness. Guru seva, here is not mere physical activity but following Guru and living as Guru guides. Any one if continues to slander others and claim to be true follower of Guru ji, is simply doesn’t know what Guru ji says.

Guru ji himself questions Hippocratic approach of people who cannot progress further from “matha tek” in the following Guru Shabad. “ only Matha takna, or saying” Guru Dhan hai, Guru God hai” is not enough as per Guru ji, note down the word” dithyaan” visiting and bowing” Why Guru ji is saying so? Answer lies in last Vaak of this Shalok. Guru ji totally disapproves ritual activities, Guru wants “attention” not that bragging and boasting of being true devotee. With attention, Guru sculptures the mind of the seeker to be totally imbued with the Creator which is more important than any statements made by the devotee about personal observations. Target of Guru is dirt of ego of the devotee, if it( ego ) is there, visit to the Guru, hearing of Guru Shabad is useless.
Please enjoy Guru's declaration in this context
ਸਲੋਕੁ ਮਃ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਨੋ ਸਭੁ ਕੋ ਵੇਖਦਾ ਜੇਤਾ ਜਗਤੁ ਸੰਸਾਰੁ ਡਿਠੈ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਹੋਵਈ ਜਿਚਰੁ ਸਬਦਿ ਕਰੇ ਵੀਚਾਰੁ ਹਉਮੈ ਮੈਲੁ ਚੁਕਈ ਨਾਮਿ ਲਗੈ ਪਿਆਰੁ
Slok 3rd Guru. All the mortals, that there are, of the world, behold the true Guru. By merely seeing the Guru, one is not emancipated, until one reflects not on the Guru's hymns. His filth of ego is removed not, nor is the love for the Name implanted.

ਜਿਤਨਾ ਇਹ ਸਾਰਾ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਹੈ (ਇਸ ਵਿਚ) ਹਰੇਕ ਜੀਵ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਦਰਸਨ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ (ਪਰ) ਨਿਰਾ ਦਰਸ਼ਨ ਕੀਤਿਆਂ ਮੁਕਤੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਮਿਲਦੀ, ਜਦ ਤਾਈਂ ਜੀਵ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਵਿਚ ਵਿਚਾਰ ਨਹੀਂ ਕਰਦਾ, (ਕਿਉਂਕਿ ਵਿਚਾਰ ਕਰਨ ਤੋਂ ਬਿਨਾ) ਅਹੰਕਾਰ (-ਰੂਪ ਮਨ ਦੀ) ਮੈਲ ਨਹੀਂ ਉਤਰਦੀ ਤੇ ਨਾਮ ਵਿਚ ਪਿਆਰ ਨਹੀਂ ਬਣਦਾ
Now read the following
ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਬਾਣੀ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਹੈ ਸਬਦਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਾ ਹੋਇ
Gurmukẖ baṇī barahm hai sabaḏ milāvā ho*ė.
The Exalted Guru's Word is God Himself and it is through Word that man obtains union with God.

ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਮਾਲਿ ਤੂ ਜਿਤੁ ਸੇਵਿਐ ਸੁਖੁ ਹੋਇ ੩੦੬੩
Nānak nām samāl ṯū jiṯ sėvi*ai sukẖ ho*ė. ||4||30||63||
O Nanak! Remember thee God's Name, by serving whom, thou shalt obtain peace.
Look at the first Guru Vaak, why Bani is honored as Braham? Answer is in” shabad milava hoe” Gurbani is medium, through Gurbani, Braham, the Lord is met, and systematically it prepares the soul for its Creator. Directly Guru ji addresses to the seeker that the only way out of happiness is NAAM/ Love for HIM Guru ji never meant the devotees to be stuck with one word, Guru ji keeps giving explanation of every point he uses as a part of his guidance as per His Ordinance. Now please look at the follow Guiru bachan, here Guru ji goes further how it all works
Ga*oṛī mehlā 5.
[/FONT]Gauri 5th Guru.[/FONT]
[/FONT]ਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਸਬਦੁ ਰਿਦ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਧਾਰੈ
[/FONT]Gur kā sabaḏ riḏ anṯar ḏẖārai.
[/FONT]He who places Guru's teaching within his heart,[/FONT]
What is meant by this? In simple words, one needs to live Guru teaching
[/FONT]ਪੰਚ ਜਨਾ ਸਿਉ ਸੰਗੁ ਨਿਵਾਰੈ
[/FONT]Pancẖ janā si*o sang nivārai.
[/FONT]severs connection with the five passions,[/FONT]
How? To battle the five primal negative forces and win. In the next Guru Vaak, it is made more clear what Guru ji wants from the follower
[/FONT]ਦਸ ਇੰਦ੍ਰੀ ਕਰਿ ਰਾਖੈ ਵਾਸਿ
[/FONT]Ḏas inḏrī kar rākẖai vās.
[/FONT]and keeps under his control the ten (five sensory and five motor) organs.[/FONT]
If this way Guru teachings are practiced, look what Guru ji declares as a fruit of His bliss
[/FONT]ਤਾ ਕੈ ਆਤਮੈ ਹੋਇ ਪਰਗਾਸੁ
[/FONT]Ŧā kai āṯmai ho*ė pargās. ||1||
[/FONT]Within his mind, the Divine Light shines.[/FONT]
[/FONT] Now lets ponder over that Guru Shabad which is misunderstood by many and sticking in quagmire is inevitable unless Guru ji is not understood. Kindly read the complete Guru Shabad to understand Guru Message
ਸਲੋਕੁ ਮਃ ਵਾਹੁ ਵਾਹੁ ਬਾਣੀ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ਹੈ ਤਿਸੁ ਜੇਵਡੁ ਅਵਰੁ ਕੋਇ ਵਾਹੁ ਵਾਹੁ ਅਗਮ ਅਥਾਹੁ ਹੈ ਵਾਹੁ ਵਾਹੁ ਸਚਾ ਸੋਇ ਵਾਹੁ ਵਾਹੁ ਵੇਪਰਵਾਹੁ ਹੈ ਵਾਹੁ ਵਾਹੁ ਕਰੇ ਸੁ ਹੋਇ ਵਾਹੁ ਵਾਹੁ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਨਾਮੁ ਹੈ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਪਾਵੈ ਕੋਇ ਵਾਹੁ ਵਾਹੁ ਕਰਮੀ ਪਾਈਐ ਆਪਿ ਦਇਆ ਕਰਿ ਦੇਇ ਨਾਨਕ ਵਾਹੁ ਵਾਹੁ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਪਾਈਐ ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਲਏਇ
Salok mehlā 3. vāhu vāhu baṇī nirankār hai ṯis jėvad avar na ko*ė. vāhu vāhu agam athāhu hai vāhu vāhu sacẖā so*ė. vāhu vāhu vėparvāhu hai vāhu vāhu karė so ho*ė. vāhu vāhu amriṯ nām hai gurmukẖ pāvai ko*ė. vāhu vāhu karmī pā*ī*ai āp ḏa*i*ā kar ḏė*ė. Nānak vāhu vāhu gurmukẖ pā*ī*ai an*ḏin nām la*ė*ė. ||1||
Slok 3rd Guru. Wah! Wah! (wonderful) are the words which denote the formless Lord. There is none so great as He. Wonderful! wonderful! is the Inaccessible and Unfathomable Lord. Hail! hail! unto Him, the True One. Self-dependent is the Lord Master and whatever He does, that comes to pass. Blessed! blessed! is the Nectar - Name which a few holy men obtain. The Lord's praise, man obtains through His grace, and showing mercy, He Himself bestows it. Nanak, by remembering the Name through the Guru, day and night, the wonderful Lord is obtained.
In the First guru Vaak, “ Tis jevad awr n koe” is addressed to The Lord, then in the following Guru Vaakas, His praise goes on. In the second Guru Vaak, His infinity is sung, in the third one, His being “ beparvah” from all as every thing is in His Ordinance. In the fourth one, His Naam is praised as nectar which is achieved by a few Gurmukh. In fifth Guru Vaak, importance of His grace is praised, in the last Guru Vaak, again Guru ji stresses how Gurmukh obtains Him by contemplating on HIM.
In this Guru Shabad, Wah Wah Bani” Bani is praised as it denotes the Formless, Gurbani’s denoting force is praised. In the same manner, Guru ji is also becomes like Nirankar but the Lord remains above of all. Gurbani is revealed by Him, It is Him who puts His power in the Guru. Here is admission by Guru ji how Guru becomes revered force, reducing Akaal Purakh to ones own imagination is pretty much deep abyss of ignorance. Please enjoy following Guru Bachan dispelling all darkness human mind creates by being ignorant about THE ULTIMATE TRUTH
ਗੁਰ ਵੇਖਣ ਕਉ ਸਭੁ ਕੋਈ ਲੋਚੈ ਨਵ ਖੰਡ ਜਗਤਿ ਨਮਸਕਾਰਿਆ ਤੁਧੁ ਆਪੇ ਆਪੁ ਰਖਿਆ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਵਿਚਿ ਗੁਰੁ ਆਪੇ ਤੁਧੁ ਸਵਾਰਿਆ ਤੂ ਆਪੇ ਪੂਜਹਿ ਪੂਜ ਕਰਾਵਹਿ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਉ ਸਿਰਜਣਹਾਰਿਆ
all long to see the Guru. The world of nine continents bows before him. Thine ownself Thou hast places in the True Guru and Thou Thyself has bedecked the Guru, O Lord. My Creator Thou Thyself adorest the True Guru and causest others to adore him.

(ਇਹ ਬਰਕਤਾਂ ਸੁਣ ਕੇ) ਹਰੇਕ ਜੀਵ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਦਾ ਦਰਸ਼ਨ ਕਰਨ ਨੂੰ ਤਾਂਘਦਾ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਵਿਚ ਨਵਾਂ ਖੰਡਾਂ (ਦੇ ਜੀਵ) ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਅੱਗੇ ਸਿਰ ਨਿਵਾਂਦੇ ਹਨਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਨੂੰ ਪੈਦਾ ਕਰਨ ਵਾਲੇ ਹੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ! ਤੂੰ ਆਪਣਾ ਆਪ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਵਿਚ ਲੁਕਾ ਰੱਖਿਆ ਹੈ ਤੇ ਤੂੰ ਆਪ ਹੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਨੂੰ ਸੁੰਦਰ ਬਣਾਇਆ ਹੈਤੂੰ ਆਪ ਹੀ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਨੂੰ ਵਡਿਆਈ ਦੇਂਦਾ ਹੈਂ ਤੇ ਆਪ ਹੀ (ਹੋਰਨਾਂ ਪਾਸੋਂ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ) ਵਡਿਆਈ ਕਰਾਉਂਦਾ ਹੈਂ

Honey22

SPNer
Jun 30, 2008
Gurbani claims that Second Love is a disease. Duality is poison.

ਜਿਨੀ ਨਾਮੁ ਵਿਸਾਰਿਆ ਦੂਜੀ ਕਾਰੈ ਲਗਿ ॥
jinee naam visaariaa dhoojee kaarai lag ||
Those who have forgotten the Naam, the Name of the Lord, are attached to affairs of duality.

isrIrwgu mhlw 3 ]
kWieAw swDY aurD qpu krY ivchu haumY n jwie ]
AiDAwqm krm jy kry nwmu n kb hI pwie ]
gur kY sbid jIvqu mrY hir nwmu vsY min Awie ]1]
suix mn myry Bju sqgur srxw ]
gur prswdI CutIAY ibKu Bvjlu sbid gur qrxw ]1] rhwau ]
qRY gux sBw Dwqu hY dUjw Bwau ivkwru ]
pMifqu pVY bMDn moh bwDw nh bUJY ibiKAw ipAwir ]
sqguir imilAY iqRkutI CUtY cauQY pid mukiq duAwru ]2]
gur qy mwrgu pweIAY cUkY mohu gubwru ]
sbid mrY qw auDrY pwey moK duAwru ]
gur prswdI imil rhY scu nwmu krqwru ]3]
iehu mnUAw Aiq sbl hY Cfy n ikqY aupwie ]
dUjY Bwie duKu lwiedw bhuqI dyie sjwie ]
nwnk nwim lgy sy aubry haumY sbid gvwie ]4]18]51]

Siree Raag, Third Mehl:
You may torment your body with extremes of self-discipline, practice intensive meditation and hang upside-down, but your ego will not be eliminated from within.
You may perform religious rituals, and still never obtain the Naam, the Name of the Lord.
Through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, remain dead while yet alive, and the Name of the Lord shall come to dwell within the mind. ||1||
Listen, O my mind: hurry to the Protection of the Guru's Sanctuary.
By Guru's Grace you shall be saved. Through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, you shall cross over the terrifying world-ocean of poison. ||1||Pause||
Everything under the influence of the three qualities shall perish; the love of duality is corrupting.
The Pandits, the religious scholars, read the scriptures, but they are trapped in the bondage of emotional attachment. In love with evil, they do not understand.
Meeting the Guru, the bondage of the three qualities is cut away, and in the fourth state, the Door of Liberation is attained. ||2||
Through the Guru, the Path is found, and the darkness of emotional attachment is dispelled.
If one dies through the Shabad, then salvation is obtained, and one finds the Door of Liberation.
By Guru's Grace, one remains blended with the True Name of the Creator. ||3||
This mind is very powerful; we cannot escape it just by trying.
In the love of duality, people suffer in pain, condemned to terrible punishment.
O Nanak, those who are attached to the Naam are saved; through the Shabad, their ego is banished. ||4||18||51||

Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji passed on GuruGaddi to Dhan Guru Angad Dev Ji. Baba Budda Ji douted Guru Ji's decision, he always thought himself to be the most Intellegent fellow(that's why he was called Budda Ji(name given to him by Dhan Guru Nanak Ji)), and he always kept on measuring his seva compared to bhai lehna Ji. In his mind he always thought that he should be the next Guru. So full of doubts and under the fire of irritation the most intellegent fellow got very upset. Guru Ji's Hukam was so irritating for him. He wanted to be the next Guru. He could not have the courage to question it directly to Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji. But as he always thought very low of bhai Lehna Ji(Dhan Guru Angad Dev Ji), he decided to scrutnise Him. Filled with anger he questioned Guru Ji- WHY YOU? WHY NOT ME? I did as much seva and worship as much you did- WHY NOT ME? Guru Ji loves me more than you, he calls me budda, then now when it is time for Guruship HOW CAN YOU BE THE BEST NOW?
Dhan Guru Angad Dev Ji made baba budda Ji sit down and then clamly asked him- What did you think of Dhan Guru Nanak Ji while performing seva and worship. Baba budda Ji answered-He is Guru Ji, who will lead me to God, I have great respect for this man. But whatever He has done now is not right. I deserve GuruShip more than you.
And in return he asked Guru Ji the same question-What did you think of Dhan Guru Nanak Ji while performing seva and worship. Dhan Guru Angad Dev Ji told him-For me Guru Nanak is God.

After listening to these words, baba budda Ji fell in Dhan Guru Angad Dev Ji's Charan Kanwal, his eyes were full of tears and he felt so bad for not understanding the ULTIMATE TRUTH despite all the worldly knowledge. This incedent changed baba budda Ji's thinking altogether forever.

Guru leads to God, yes . Because HE IS GOD- Brahmgyani aap parmesar.
Guru is God, yes .
No difference whatsoever.
If we keep on thinking them as two seperate entities, we will be lost in duality-love with two. There is no two- eko hai bhai eko hai.

Honey22

SPNer
Jun 30, 2008
Gurbani claims there is nobody equal to God or like God. If one tells us that Guru is like God but not God, brings out a conception of another who is equally comparable to God.

BUT GURBANI CLAIMS:

ਹਰਿ ਜੇਹਾ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਦਿਸਈ ਕੋਈ ਦੂਜਾ ਲਵੈ ਨ ਲਾਇ ॥
har jaehaa avar n dhisee koee dhoojaa lavai n laae ||
There is no other like the Lord-there is no equal to Him.

ਰਾਮ ਸਮਾਨ ਨ ਦੇਖਉ ਆਨ ॥੨॥੩੪॥
raam samaan n dhaekho aan ||2||34||
and have not seen another, equal to the Lord. ||2||34||

ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਦੀਸੈ ਕਿਸੁ ਸਾਲਾਹੀ ਤਿਸਹਿ ਸਰੀਕੁ ਨ ਕੋਈ ॥
avar n dheesai kis saalaahee thisehi sareek n koee ||
I do not see any other like the Lord; who else should I praise? No one is equal to Him.

GUR JAISA NAHI KO DEV

Jul 6, 2008
Honey22 Ji,

I don’t know how to tell you this, I am out of words. Thanks a lot. Bhaee Lehna Ji’s obedience to Guru Nanak Dev Ji is unmatchable. All who used to make a mockery of his obedience, had to regret big time later on.

Raising doubts and then supporting those doubts is one of the old tactics of brahminism to suppress the Sikh Faith or any other Good Faith(Budhism and Jainism). Mostly the newbees in this business have no clue what they are trapped into. Sikh Faith has always been considered a threat to the Brahminic Way of life: like cast system, belief in separate Gods/gods, cutting hair, and all other stupid fasts etc. By and large, Indian Government plays its legal and political hocuspocus to blend Sikhs into the fold of Hinduism all the time. They been very successful in spreading the cast system in Sikh Culture. There are so many types of Sikhs now, It is very rare to find a real Guru Ka Sikh, but a lot of those who call themselves jatsikh, ramgaria sikh, Sehajdhari Sikh, Keshdhari Sikh, Amritdhari Sikh, Naamdhari Sikhs, 3HO Sikhs and others, all filled with ego, boasting of their own way of life to be distinguished. Even the style of Pagri sometimes used to differentiate what class a person belongs to.

Following links show few RSS strategies to dismantle Sikh Faith:
http://www.info-sikh.com/PageRSS2.html
http://lists.topica.com/lists/hindusthanchurch/read/message.html?sort=t&mid=912278321

Dehdhari Gurus all over the world are using the strategy of misinterpreting Gurbani to suit their own interests through twisted and false meanings, they are rejecting the facts like: Guru and God is One and the Same, Gurbani(SGGS Ji) is eternal, There is no need of rituals, interpreters and priests to connect with the Guru, Immortality of SGGS Ji has negated the need of spiritual human Guru, Guru is God Himself and He dwells in the heart of everyone.

A friend of mine lives in Bangalore and he was telling me one time he saw a group of people all dressed like Sikhs, reciting a Shabad- all of it correct but with a few added lines(kachi bani) which were the most loudly and clearly uttered, indicating that Guru is like God but cannot God Himself(Guru rab ho nahi sakda, ho nahi sakda) . He stopped them, tried to explain the correct shabad, in the mean time one of those guys got scared and sweated too much and his false beard starting to peel off. They ended up getting beaten up by the street crowd.

A request: Honey Ji, please read Hukamnaama Section on this forum for 5th of July, in my post I told a story, please read that and comment if possible, a PM will be appretiated.

Before leaving I must say inspite of all the efforts to suppress Sikh Faith, in only 500 years Sikhism is the 5th largest religion in the world. I travelled worldwide, always able to find a Gurdwara - when I do matha tek there I tell myself- This is what- Raj Karega Khalsa-SGGS Ji.

Truth is embedded in every heart, even in those who feel compelled to play the role of Truth suppressors. Their efforts go empty eventually when the inner truth takes over and they are forced to do things which reveal their true color.

That’s why every once in a while one or the other fake babas get exposed.

Thanks and forgive me Please

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
HARSIMRAN SINGH JI[/FONT]
Very sorry to disagree with you strongly, I feel otherwise, it is easy to blame Hindus or others than never looking at quagmire we ourselves stuck in. Calling Guru Granth Sahib ji God, or Guru as a God is a pure example how Order of the father of Sikhism is shamefully ignored. GOD doesn’t take birth, Guru Sahibaan went through that birth and death. To support your theory you have to reject MoolMantra. If you do that, you have disobeyed Guru Nanak Ji. [/FONT]
Here is what Guru Granth Sahib says about itself, what more proof do you want from Guru ji?[/FONT]
[/FONT]
ਸਾਰਗ ਮਹਲਾ ਪੋਥੀ ਪਰਮੇਸਰ ਕਾ ਥਾਨੁ ਸਾਧਸੰਗਿ ਗਾਵਹਿ ਗੁਣ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਪੂਰਨ ਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਰਹਾਉ 1226
Sarang 5th Guru. This Holy Book (the Adi Granth) is the abode of the Transcendent Lord. Whosoever sings the World-Lord's praise in the society of the saints, he is blessed with the perfect Divine knowledge. Pause.

ਸਾਰੰਗ ਪੰਜਵੀਂ ਪਾਤਿਸ਼ਾਹੀ ਇਹ ਪਵਿੱਤ੍ਰ ਪੁਸਤਕ, (ਆਦਿ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ/ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਪਰਮ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦਾ ਨਿਵਾਸ ਅਸਥਾਨ ਹੈ ਜੋ ਕੋਈ ਭੀ ਸਤਿਸੰਗਤ ਅੰਦਰ ਸ਼੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟੀ ਦੇ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਦੀ ਸਿਫ਼ਤ ਗਾਇਨ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ, ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਮੁਕੰਮਲ ਈਸ਼ਵਰੀ ਗਿਆਤ ਪਰਾਪਤ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈਠਹਿਰਾਉ
Why would any follower of Guru Nanak call Guru Granth Sahib God when it is declared by Guru Sahib himself that Guru Granth Sahib is a place where HE is found and also hinted how He is realized. Guru bachan also proves here that Guru Granth SahibJi is medium not God itself. Why others are blamed when own members of the family are bent upon burning the house.

[/FONT]

Honey22

SPNer
Jun 30, 2008
Honey22 Ji,

I don’t know how to tell you this, I am out of words. Thanks a lot. Bhaee Lehna Ji’s obedience to Guru Nanak Dev Ji is unmatchable. All who used to make a mockery of his obedience, had to regret big time later on.

Thanks to you Harsimran Singh Ji.

Raising doubts and then supporting those doubts is one of the old tactics of brahminism to suppress the Sikh Faith or any other Good Faith(Budhism and Jainism). Mostly the newbees in this business have no clue what they are trapped into. Sikh Faith has always been considered a threat to the Brahminic Way of life: like cast system, belief in separate Gods/gods, cutting hair, and all other stupid fasts etc. By and large, Indian Government plays its legal and political hocuspocus to blend Sikhs into the fold of Hinduism all the time. They been very successful in spreading the cast system in Sikh Culture. There are so many types of Sikhs now, It is very rare to find a real Guru Ka Sikh, but a lot of those who call themselves jatsikh, ramgaria sikh, Sehajdhari Sikh, Keshdhari Sikh, Amritdhari Sikh, Naamdhari Sikhs, 3HO Sikhs and others, all filled with ego, boasting of their own way of life to be distinguished. Even the style of Pagri sometimes used to differentiate what class a person belongs to.

Following links show few RSS strategies to dismantle Sikh Faith:
http://www.info-sikh.com/PageRSS2.html
http://lists.topica.com/lists/hindusthanchurch/read/message.html?sort=t&mid=912278321

Dehdhari Gurus all over the world are using the strategy of misinterpreting Gurbani to suit their own interests through twisted and false meanings, they are rejecting the facts like: Guru and God is One and the Same, Gurbani(SGGS Ji) is eternal, There is no need of rituals, interpreters and priests to connect with the Guru, Immortality of SGGS Ji has negated the need of spiritual human Guru, Guru is God Himself and He dwells in the heart of everyone.

God has assigned them this task. kar kar karna likh le jah, aapay bij aapay hi khah. Mandbhaagee tere darshan naahee

A friend of mine lives in Bangalore and he was telling me one time he saw a group of people all dressed like Sikhs, reciting a Shabad- all of it correct but with a few added lines(kachi bani) which were the most loudly and clearly uttered, indicating that Guru is like God but cannot God Himself(Guru rab ho nahi sakda, ho nahi sakda) . He stopped them, tried to explain the correct shabad, in the mean time one of those guys got scared and sweated too much and his false beard starting to peel off. They ended up getting beaten up by the street crowd.

Good for them.

A request: Honey Ji, please read Hukamnaama Section on this forum for 5th of July, in my post I told a story, please read that and comment if possible, a PM will be appretiated.

Sure.

Before leaving I must say inspite of all the efforts to suppress Sikh Faith, in only 500 years Sikhism is the 5th largest religion in the world. I travelled worldwide, always able to find a Gurdwara - when I do matha tek there I tell myself- This is what- Raj Karega Khalsa-SGGS Ji.

Sola aanay sach

Truth is embedded in every heart, even in those who feel compelled to play the role of Truth suppressors. Their efforts go empty eventually when the inner truth takes over and they are forced to do things which reveal their true color.

Very True.

That’s why every once in a while one or the other fake babas get exposed.

Ant bure ka bura

Thanks and forgive me Please

ਆਪੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਆਪਿ ਹਰਿ ਆਪੇ ਮੇਲਿ ਮਿਲਾਇ ॥
aapae sathigur aap har aapae mael milaae ||
He Himself is the True Guru; He Himself is the Lord. He Himself unites in His Union.

ਗੁਰੁ ਪਰਮੇਸਰੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਡੁਬਦਾ ਲਏ ਤਰਾਇ ॥੨॥
gur paramaesar paarabreham gur ddubadhaa leae tharaae ||2||
The Guru is the Transcendent Lord, the Supreme Lord God. The Guru lifts up and saves those who are drowning. ||2||

ਗੁਰ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਭੇਦੁ ਨ ਜਾਣਹੁ ਜਿਤੁ ਮਿਲਿ ਹਰਿ ਭਗਤਿ ਸੁਖਾਂਦੀ ॥
gur sathigur suaamee bhaedh n jaanahu jith mil har bhagath sukhaandhee ||
Know that there is no difference between the Guru, the True Guru, and your Lord and Master. Meeting with Him, take pleasure in the Lord's devotional service.

ਗੁਰੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਨਿਕਟਿ ਕਰਿ ਜਾਣੁ ॥੩॥
gur paarabreham nikatt kar jaan ||3||
I know that the Guru, the Supreme Lord God, is near me. ||3||

ਆਪੁ ਗਇਆ ਤਾ ਆਪਹਿ ਭਏ ॥
aap gaeiaa thaa aapehi bheae ||
When selfishness is gone, then one becomes the Lord Himself;
ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਨਿਧਾਨ ਕੀ ਸਰਨੀ ਪਏ ॥੩॥
kirapaa nidhhaan kee saranee peae ||3||
seek the Sanctuary of the treasure of mercy. ||3||

ਗੁਰੁ ਨਾਰਾਇਣੁ ਦਯੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਸਚਾ ਸਿਰਜਣਹਾਰੁ ॥
gur naaraaein dhay gur gur sachaa sirajanehaar ||
The Guru is the All-pervading Lord, the Guru is the Merciful Master; the Guru is the True Creator Lord.

ਗੁਰਦੇਵ ਮਾਤਾ ਗੁਰਦੇਵ ਪਿਤਾ ਗੁਰਦੇਵ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਪਰਮੇਸੁਰਾ ॥
guradhaev maathaa guradhaev pithaa guradhaev suaamee paramaesuraa ||
The Divine Guru is my mother, the Divine Guru is my father; the Divine Guru is my Transcendent Lord and Master.
ਗੁਰਦੇਵ ਦਾਤਾ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਉਪਦੇਸੈ ਗੁਰਦੇਵ ਮੰਤੁ ਨਿਰੋਧਰਾ ॥
guradhaev dhaathaa har naam oupadhaesai guradhaev manth nirodhharaa ||
The Divine Guru is the Giver, the Teacher of the Lord's Name. The Divine Guru is the Mantra which never fails.

ਸੋ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਜਿ ਸਚੁ ਧਿਆਇਦਾ ਸਚੁ ਸਚਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਇਕੇ ॥
so sathigur j sach dhhiaaeidhaa sach sachaa sathigur eikae ||
He is the True Guru, who meditates on the True Lord. The True Lord and the True Guru are truly One.

ਜੇ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਕਰੇ ਮੇਰਾ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਤਾਂ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਨਦਰੀ ਆਵੈ ॥
jae kirapaa karae maeraa har prabh karathaa thaan sathigur paarabreham nadharee aavai ||
When my Lord God, the Creator, grants His Grace, then they come to see the True Guru as the Supreme Lord God.

Harsimran Singh Ji, It is so peaceful and soothing.

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਅਗੰਮੁ ਹੈ ਜਿਸੁ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਉਰਿ ਧਾਰਿਆ ॥
sathigur purakh aganm hai jis andhar har our dhhaariaa ||
The True Guru the Primal Being is inaccessible; He has enshrined the Lord's Name within His heart.

Honey22

SPNer
Jun 30, 2008
ਰਵਿਦਾਸੁ ਭਣੈ ਜੋ ਜਾਣੈ ਸੋ ਜਾਣੁ ॥
ravidhaas bhanai jo jaanai so jaan ||
Says Ravi Daas, he alone is wise, who knows this:
ਸੰਤ ਅਨੰਤਹਿ ਅੰਤਰੁ ਨਾਹੀ ॥੪॥੨॥
santh ananthehi anthar naahee ||4||2||
there is no difference between the Saints and the Infinite Lord. ||4||2||

Honey22

SPNer
Jun 30, 2008
ਬੀਸ ਬਿਸੁਏ ਜਾ ਮਨ ਠਹਰਾਨੇ ॥
bees bisueae jaa man theharaanae ||
When the mind is totally held in check,
ਗੁਰ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਏਕੈ ਹੀ ਜਾਨੇ ॥੨॥
gur paarabreham eaekai hee jaanae ||2||
one sees the Guru and the Supreme Lord God as one and the same. ||2||

ਜਬ ਇਸ ਤੇ ਸਭ ਬਿਨਸੇ ਭਰਮਾ ॥
jab eis thae sabh binasae bharamaa ||
But when all his doubts are removed,
ਭੇਦੁ ਨਾਹੀ ਹੈ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ॥੪॥
bhaedh naahee hai paarabrehamaa ||4||
then there is no difference between him and the Supreme Lord God. ||4||

So Peaceful to recite and share Gurbani/Guru/Nirankaar/Narayan/Hari/Naam/Satguru/Eternal Power/Gurudev/All the same and One and Only One-No match:)

Jul 6, 2008
PK70 said:
HARSIMRAN SINGH JI[/FONT][/FONT]
Very sorry to disagree with you strongly, I feel otherwise, it is easy to blame Hindus or others than never looking at quagmire we ourselves stuck in. [/FONT]
[/FONT]

PK70 Ji, You don’t need to be sorry, I am not sorry at all either:). Your life, your choices, your observations, your lekh, your karma, nobody can force another person to agree with what they think. You can disagree strongly, weakly or with a burst of fire- I really don’t care. 'Guru Mere Sang Sadaa Hai Naalay' applies to all- It is one’s choice and luck that keeps one troubled or at peace over things.

PK70 said:
Calling Guru Granth Sahib ji God, or Guru as a God is a pure example how Order of the father of Sikhism is shamefully ignored. [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
PK70 Ji, For me following is also the Order of the same ONE FATHER(Universal Lord/Satguru):

jae kirapaa karae maeraa har prabh karathaa thaan sathigur paarabreham nadharee aavai ||
When my Lord God, the Creator, grants His Grace, then they come to see the True Guru as the Supreme Lord God.

ravidhaas bhanai jo jaanai so jaan ||

santh ananthehi anthar naahee ||4||2||

bees bisueae jaa man theharaanae ||
gur paarabreham eaekai hee jaanae ||2||

All is Him and only Him, He is the Father who is not separate, always protecting, He is the Mother who is not seperate, always taking care, He is the Guru who is not seperate, always guiding, He is the Neighbour, always there to share, I can keep on going for what He is. His praise is endless, Again that too, He Himself is His Own Praise, who is me?.

PK70 said:
GOD doesn’t take birth, Guru Sahibaan went through that birth and death. To support your theory you have to reject MoolMantra. If you do that, you have disobeyed Guru Nanak Ji. [/FONT]

PK70 Ji, That’s not my conception at all, I am not thinking to reject or accept anything. It is all His Wish, who is my Guru and Lord, and my Guru Ji my Father never ever tells me to reject Mool Mantra or any other line of Gurbani when He says:
Guru Parmesar eko jaan.
For this moorakh whole Bani is MOOL MANTRA, AMRIT JAL.
Guru Sahib Ji says mool mantra over and over again as well as He says again and again that there is no difference- God and Guru is ONE AND THE SAME.And confirms that he shows this truth to His Beloved/Devotee Himself.
Sikh doesn’t reject One Line of Gurbani Over the Other- All is His Word and His Word is not to be verified but BELIEVED with UNCONDITIONAL LOVE and UNSHAKABLE FAITH- As He knows ALL- not me.

PK70 said:
Here is what Guru Granth Sahib says about itself, what more proof do you want from Guru ji?[/FONT]
[/FONT]

PK70 Ji, I am not looking for proofs, good luck in your endevour.
For me moorakh ALL is Guru’s Word. His Word is so strong, loud and clear, anybody’s self created differences and definitions are nothing close to HIS ULTIMATE TRUTH. He Himself shows the Truth to whosoever He wants to.

ya ko dhokha kahan viaapay ja ko aout tuhari

PK70 said:
Why would any follower of Guru Nanak call Guru Granth Sahib God when it is declared by Guru Sahib himself that Guru Granth Sahib is a place where HE is found and also hinted how He is realized.

PK70 Ji, These differences you are talking about, are not my creation, I don’t know the difference. And I don’t need to. He is the ONE-Call Him Guru or Lord. My Guru never tells me to differentiate between the terms being used in unspeakable speech(akath ki katha)- HE IS ALL, HE IS EVERYWHERE, HE IS EVERYTHING. HE IS THE SPEAKER IN ALL. HE IS THE LISTENER IN ALL.

My Father, My Guru, My Lord, There is no difference between His Residence/Abode and He Himself, between His Realization and He Himself.

aapae raseeaa aap ras aapae raavanehaar ||
He Himself is the Enjoyer, and He Himself is the Enjoyment. He Himself is the Ravisher of all.

{Guru Ji doesn't tell me anywhere to find difference between raseeaa, ras and raavanhaar.}

aapae hovai cholarraa aapae saej bhathaar ||1||
He Himself is the Bride in her dress, He Himself is the Bridegroom on the bed. ||1||

rang rathaa maeraa saahib rav rehiaa bharapoor ||1|| rehaao ||
My Lord and Master is imbued with love; He is totally permeating and pervading all. ||1||Pause||

PK70 said:
Guru bachan also proves here that Guru Granth SahibJi is medium not God itself.

PK70 Ji, again it is not my way of thinking, I don’t need to prove Guru Shabad. I don’t need proof, neither I am looking for someone to prove Gurbani for me. He is Strong, Loud and Clear for me. He is BOTH- one and the Same, no difference between His Medium and He Himself. Gur Parmesar Eko Jaan.

PK70 said:
Why others are blamed when own members of the family are bent upon burning the house.

PK70 Ji, This World(Sarbatt) is Sikh’s family, Sikh only sings/believes/ lives Gurbani. Other members of the family can do whatever(as all are under His Will), he will still keep singing God’s Word/Gurbani/Satguru/Lord/NaamAmrit(other members can choose to listen or not listen). A Sikh will see everything, as it is God’s play, will talk about it and will respond to the stuation as Waheguru/God/Guru wills him to. This house is not made of a matter which someone can burn, several have tried before and several are still trying. What happened! Sikh is still praying for Sarbatt Da Bhalaa.

Paarbranm Ke Des Di Gall kujh hor hai PK70 Ji, Isnu Koi Agg jala nahi sakdi. Tuhada Veham Hai Ke Koi Family Member Agg Lagaa Reha Hai(They may think this way but actually Agg oh Ghar nu Nahi Apne karma nu la rahe ne), Te PK70 Ji Veham Da Ilaaj Ta Hakeem Lukmaan De Kol Vi Nahi si, Assi Tusi Kis Baag Di Mooli Te Kis Khet De Baingan. Tuhada Veham tuhanu mubaarak.

Guru Ji says:

aapae maashhee mashhulee aapae paanee jaal ||
He Himself is the fisherman and the fish; He Himself is the water and the net.

aapae jaal manakarraa aapae andhar laal ||2||
He Himself is the sinker, and He Himself is the bait. ||2||

gur naaraaein dhay gur gur sachaa sirajanehaar ||
The Guru is the All-pervading Lord, the Guru is the Merciful Master; the Guru is the True Creator Lord.

guradhaev maathaa guradhaev pithaa guradhaev suaamee paramaesuraa ||
The Divine Guru is my mother, the Divine Guru is my father; the Divine Guru is my Transcendent Lord and Master.

anehudh vaajai sehaj suhaelaa
The Unstruck Melody resounds and resonates in peaceful ease.

subadh anundh kurae sudh kaelaa
I rejoice in the eternal bliss of the Word of the Shabad.

sehuj gufaa mehi thaarree laaee aasun ooch suvaariaa jeeo
In the cave of intuitive wisdom I sit, absorbed in the silent trance of the Primal Void. I have obtained my seat in the heavens. ||1||

fir ghir apunae grih mehi aaeiaa
After wandering through many other homes and houses, I have returned to my own home,

jo lorreedhaa soee paaeiaa
and I have found what I was longing for.

thripath aghaae rehiaa hai sunthuhu gur anubho purukh dhikhaariaa jeeo
I am satisfied and fulfilled; O Saints, the Guru has shown me the Fearless Lord God. ||2||

aapae raajun aapae logaa
He Himself is the King, and He Himself is the people.

aap nirubaanee aapae bhogaa
He Himself is in Nirvaanaa, and He Himself indulges in pleasures.

aapae thukhath behai such niaaee subh chookee kook pukaariaa jeeo
He Himself sits on the throne of true justice, answering the cries and prayers of all. ||3||

jaehaa ddithaa mai thaeho kehiaa
As I have seen Him, so have I described Him.
this rus aaeiaa jin bhaedh lehiaa
This Sublime Essence comes only to one who knows the Mystery of the Lord.

jothee joth milee sukh paaeiaa jun naanuk eik pusaariaa jeeo
His light merges into the Light, and he finds peace. O servant Nanak, this is all the Extension of the One. ||4||3||10||

PK70 Ji, Thankyou and Forgive me Please.

Honey22 Ji,

Thanks for sharing the Truth.

aap gaeiaa thaa aapehi bheae ||
When selfishness is gone, then one becomes the Lord Himself;

Honey22 Ji, Thankyou and Forgive me Please

Nov 16, 2007
Harsimran singh,
your posings are in bold, mine in regular.

Here is whole shabad in english translation and translation by Prof Sahib Singh.

When my Lord God, the Creator, grants His Grace, then they come to see the True Guru as the Supreme Lord God. Then, they drink in the Nectar, the Word of the Guru's Shabad; all burning, anxiety, and doubts are eliminated. They remain in ecstasy forever, day and night; O servant Nanak, they sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, night and day. ||1||
ਜੇ ਮੇਰਾ ਸਿਰਜਣਹਾਰ-ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਮਿਹਰ ਕਰੇ ਤਾਂ (ਉਸ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਨੂੰ ਭੀ) ਦਿੱਸ ਪੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮ (ਦਾ ਰੂਪ ਹੈ) ਉਹ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਦਾ ਸ਼ਬਦ-ਰੂਪ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਪੀਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਝੋਰਾ, ਚਿੰਤਾ ਤੇ ਭਟਕਣਾ ਸਭ ਮੁਕਾ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ। ਹੇ ਨਾਨਕ! ਜੋ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਹਰ ਰੋਜ਼ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦੇ ਗੁਣ ਗਉਂਦਾ ਹੈ ਉਹ ਦਿਨ ਰਾਤ ਸਦਾ ਸੁਖ ਵਿਚ ਰਹਿੰਦਾ ਹੈ।੧।

Even fool like me can understand that Satguru in this sentence is being comparing to Lord, not that statement that He is the Creator.

Harsimran Singh, you are picking tuk from here and there. If you are being so literal, on the line Bhagat Ravi Daas says,
ਤੁਮ ਚੰਦਨ ਹਮ ਇਰੰਡ ਬਾਪੁਰੇ ਸੰਗਿ ਤੁਮਾਰੇ ਬਾਸਾ ॥
You are sandalwood, and I am the poor castor oil plant, dwelling close to you.
As per your defintion Bhagat Ravi Daas should be God too. Then why he is calling himself poor castor oil plant.
I agree though he must be on his way to becoming one with Lord. (did you notice his humality?)

I am again posting whole shabad.
ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਰਾਖਿਓ ਗੁਰਿ ਸਰਨਾ ॥ ਗੁਰਿ ਪਕਰਾਏ ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਚਰਨਾ ॥ ਬੀਸ ਬਿਸੁਏ ਜਾ ਮਨ ਠਹਰਾਨੇ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਏਕੈ ਹੀ ਜਾਨੇ ॥੨॥
In His Mercy, the Guru has kept me under His protection. The Guru has attached me to the Lord's Feet. When the mind is totally held in check, one sees the Guru and the Supreme Lord God as one and the same. ||2||

You are picking one tuk again. Can't you see previous tuk which says,"Guru has attached to the Lord's feet."? Doesn't that mean Guru and Lord in this shabad are different entities?
Posting in bold and red letters won't help anybody. You are only insulting shabad guru by not trying to understand meaning, but forcing your opinions on everybody else. There is no doubt words Guru, Satguru have been used for Shabad guru, Lord and sometimes for one of the ten gurus too. But please look into context. Don't forget meaning of guru is 'who shows us light'. It could be any one of three.
Harsimran ji, sorry if I offend you. Maybe you are in stage higher than me, but I am still a sikh (learner).
Special Note for Moderators:
Khalsa ji, Plzzz be carefule what is being posted.
Guru Rakha.

Jul 6, 2008
Lalihayer Ji,
Guru represents Sikhism EVERYWHERE, Guru’s Word is the same for ALL, be a learner or be a scholar or be a sikh related website moderator. If that makes one feel that they have the authority to change Guru’s Word according to their personal choice, good for them- it is their karma Lalihayer Ji. This greeb is only obeying Guru Ji, The Lord, The Master, One and Only One. Guru Ji is telling all of us:

thudhh jaevadd dhaathaa avar n suaamee lavai n koee laavaniaa ||6||
There is no other Giver as Great as You, O my Lord and Master. None approach or equal You. ||6||

lalaa thaa kai lavai n kooo ||
LALLA: There is no one equal to Him.

eaekehi aap avar neh hooo ||
He Himself is the One; there shall never be any other.

Guru Ji is telling us:

ਗੁਰਮਤੀ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਬੋਲੇ ॥
guramathee har har bolae ||
Following the Guru's Teachings, chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har.

har praem kasaaee dhinas raath har rathee har rang cholae ||
Attracted by the Lord's Love, day and night, the body-robe is imbued with the Lord's Love.

har jaisaa purakh n labhee sabh dhaekhiaa jagath mai ttolae ||
I have not found any being like the Lord, although I have searched and looked all over the world.

gur sathigur naam dhirraaeiaa man anath n kaahoo ddolae ||
The Guru, the True Guru, has implanted the Naam within; now, my mind does not waver or wander anywhere else.

One line or the whole Shabad, Guru’s Word doesn’t change meanings Lalihayer Ji.
Guru Himself didn’t find one like God. Well it looks like you have found one like God, but who cant be God but still equal to or like Him-Congratulations on your discovery.

Good Luck lalihayer Ji.
Thanks and Forgive me Please

Honey22

SPNer
Jun 30, 2008
He Only Found God and Himself became the same. No difference left any more.
One and Only One.
No Match.
Guru is God and God is Guru, Saint is God and God is Saint, Brahmgyani is God and God is Brahmgyani--- All is One and the Same.

Sabh Gobind Hai Sabh Gobind Hai Gobind Bin Nahi Koi.

Honey22

SPNer
Jun 30, 2008
Harsimran Singh Ji,

Sharing a beautifull verse, Guru Ji is also telling us here about those who has instilled the sense of differences in their minds:

rwgu gauVI guAwryrI mhlw 5 AstpdIAw
<> siqnwmu krqw purKu gur pRswid ]
jb iehu mn mih krq gumwnw ]
qb iehu bwvru iPrq ibgwnw ]
jb iehu hUAw sgl kI rInw ]
qw qy rmeIAw Git Git cInw ]1]
shj suhylw Plu mskInI ]
siqgur ApunY moih dwnu dInI ]1] rhwau ]
jb iks kau iehu jwnis mMdw ]
qb sgly iesu mylih PMdw ]
myr qyr jb ienih cukweI ]
qw qy iesu sMig nhI bYrweI ]2]
jb iein ApunI ApnI DwrI ]
qb ies kau hY musklu BwrI ]
jb iein krxYhwru pCwqw ]
qb ies no nwhI ikCu qwqw ]3]
jb iein Apuno bwiDE mohw ]
AwvY jwie sdw jim johw ]
jb ies qy sB ibnsy Brmw ]
Bydu nwhI hY pwrbRhmw ]4]
jb iein ikCu kir mwny Bydw ]
qb qy dUK fMf Aru Kydw ]
jb iein eyko eykI bUiJAw ]
qb qy ies no sBu ikCu sUiJAw ]5]
jb iehu DwvY mwieAw ArQI ]
nh iqRpqwvY nh iqs lwQI ]
jb ies qy iehu hoieE jaulw ]
pICY lwig clI auiT kaulw ]6]
kir ikrpw jau siqguru imilE ]
mn mMdr mih dIpku jilE ]
jIq hwr kI soJI krI ]
qau iesu Gr kI kImiq prI ]7]
krn krwvn sBu ikCu eykY ]
Awpy buiD bIcwir ibbykY ]
dUir n nyrY sB kY sMgw ]
scu swlwhxu nwnk hir rMgw ]8]1]

Raag Gauree Gwaarayree, Fifth Mehl, Ashtapadees:
One Universal Creator God. Truth Is The Name. Creative Being Personified. By Guru's Grace:
When this mind is filled with pride,
then it wanders around like a madman and a lunatic.
But when it becomes the dust of all,
then it recognizes the Lord in each and every heart. ||1||
The fruit of humility is intuitive peace and pleasure.
My True Guru has given me this gift. ||1||Pause||
When he believes others to be bad,
then everyone lays traps for him.
But when he stops thinking in terms of 'mine' and 'yours',
then no one is angry with him. ||2||
When he clings to 'my own, my own',
then he is in deep trouble.
But when he recognizes the Creator Lord,
then he is free of torment. ||3||
When he entangles himself in emotional attachment,
he comes and goes in reincarnation, under the constant gaze of Death.
But when all his doubts are removed,
then there is no difference between him and the Supreme Lord God. ||4||
When he perceives differences,
then he suffers pain, punishment and sorrow.
But when he recognizes the One and Only Lord,
he understands everything. ||5||
When he runs around for the sake of Maya and riches,
he is not satisfied, and his desires are not quenched.
But when he runs away from Maya,
then the Goddess of Wealth gets up and follows him. ||6||
When, by His Grace, the True Guru is met,
the lamp is lit within the temple of the mind.
When he realizes what victory and defeat really are,
then he comes to appreciate the true value of his own home. ||7||
The One Lord is the Creator of all things, the Cause of causes.
He Himself is wisdom, contemplation and discerning understanding.
He is not far away; He is near at hand, with all.
So praise the True One, O Nanak, with love! ||8||1||

Honey22

SPNer
Jun 30, 2008
another verse -one with no difference between a saint and god:

swD kI mihmw byd n jwnih ]
jyqw sunih qyqw biKAwnih ]
swD kI aupmw iqhu gux qy dUir ]
swD kI aupmw rhI BrpUir ]
swD kI soBw kw nwhI AMq ]
swD kI soBw sdw byAMq ]
swD kI soBw aUc qy aUcI ]
swD kI soBw mUc qy mUcI ]
swD kI soBw swD bin AweI ]
nwnk swD pRB Bydu n BweI ]8]7]

The glory of the Holy people is not known to the Vedas.
They can describe only what they have heard.
The greatness of the Holy people is beyond the three qualities.
The greatness of the Holy people is all-pervading.
The glory of the Holy people has no limit.
The glory of the Holy people is infinite and eternal.
The glory of the Holy people is the highest of the high.
The glory of the Holy people is the greatest of the great.
The glory of the Holy people is theirs alone;
O Nanak, there is no difference between the Holy people and God. ||8||7||

Jul 6, 2008
Honey Ji,

Thanks for sharing the Truth. Guru Vaak:

santh janahu mil bhaaeeho sachaa naam samaal ||
Meet with the humble Saints, O Siblings of Destiny, and contemplate the True Name.
thosaa bandhhahu jeea kaa aithhai outhhai naal ||
For the journey of the soul, gather those supplies which will go with you here and hereafter.
gur poorae thae paaeeai apanee nadhar nihaal ||
These are obtained from the Perfect Guru, when God bestows His Glance of Grace.
karam paraapath this hovai jis no haae dhaeiaal ||1||
Those unto whom He is Merciful, receive His Grace. ||1||
maerae man gur jaevadd avar n koe ||
O my mind, there is no other as great as the Guru.
dhoojaa thhaao n ko sujhai gur maelae sach soe ||1|| rehaao ||
I cannot imagine any other place. The Guru leads me to meet the True Lord. ||1||Pause||
sagal padhaarathh this milae jin gur ddithaa jaae ||
Those who go to see the Guru obtain all treasures.
gur charanee jin man lagaa sae vaddabhaagee maae ||
Those whose minds are attached to the Guru's Feet are very fortunate, O my mother.
gur dhaathaa samarathh gur gur sabh mehi rehiaa samaae ||
The Guru is the Giver, the Guru is All-powerful. The Guru is All-pervading, contained amongst all.
gur paramaesar paarabreham gur ddubadhaa leae tharaae ||2||
The Guru is the Transcendent Lord, the Supreme Lord God. The Guru lifts up and saves those who are drowning. ||2||

Thankyou and Forgive me Please

Honey22

SPNer
Jun 30, 2008
Harsimran Ji,

We can keep going and going with these Shabads:

ਗੁਰੁ ਪਰਮੇਸੁਰੁ ਪੂਜੀਐ ਮਨਿ ਤਨਿ ਲਾਇ ਪਿਆਰੁ ॥
gur paramaesur poojeeai man than laae piaar ||
Worship the Guru, the Transcendent Lord, with your mind and body attuned to love.
ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਦਾਤਾ ਜੀਅ ਕਾ ਸਭਸੈ ਦੇਇ ਅਧਾਰੁ ॥
sathigur dhaathaa jeea kaa sabhasai dhaee adhhaar ||
The True Guru is the Giver of the soul; He gives Support to all.
ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਬਚਨ ਕਮਾਵਣੇ ਸਚਾ ਏਹੁ ਵੀਚਾਰੁ ॥
sathigur bachan kamaavanae sachaa eaehu veechaar ||
Act according to the Instructions of the True Guru; this is the true philosophy.
ਬਿਨੁ ਸਾਧੂ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਰਤਿਆ ਮਾਇਆ ਮੋਹੁ ਸਭੁ ਛਾਰੁ ॥੧॥
bin saadhhoo sangath rathiaa maaeiaa mohu sabh shhaar ||1||
Without being attuned to the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, all attachment to Maya is just dust. ||1||
ਮੇਰੇ ਸਾਜਨ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਮਾਲਿ ॥
maerae saajan har har naam samaal ||
O my friend, reflect upon the Name of the Lord, Har, Har
ਸਾਧੂ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਮਨਿ ਵਸੈ ਪੂਰਨ ਹੋਵੈ ਘਾਲ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
saadhhoo sangath man vasai pooran hovai ghaal ||1|| rehaao ||
. In the Saadh Sangat, He dwells within the mind, and one's works are brought to perfect fruition. ||1||Pause||
ਗੁਰੁ ਸਮਰਥੁ ਅਪਾਰੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਵਡਭਾਗੀ ਦਰਸਨੁ ਹੋਇ ॥
gur samarathh apaar gur vaddabhaagee dharasan hoe ||
The Guru is All-powerful, the Guru is Infinite. By great good fortune, the Blessed Vision of His Darshan is obtained.
ਗੁਰੁ ਅਗੋਚਰੁ ਨਿਰਮਲਾ ਗੁਰ ਜੇਵਡੁ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਕੋਇ ॥
gur agochar niramalaa gur jaevadd avar n koe ||
The Guru is Imperceptible, Immaculate and Pure. There is no other as great as the Guru.
ਗੁਰੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਗੁਰੁ ਕਰਣਹਾਰੁ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਸਚੀ ਸੋਇ ॥
gur karathaa gur karanehaar guramukh sachee soe ||
The Guru is the Creator, the Guru is the Doer. The Gurmukh obtains true glory.
ਗੁਰ ਤੇ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਕਿਛੁ ਨਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਕੀਤਾ ਲੋੜੇ ਸੁ ਹੋਇ ॥੨॥
gur thae baahar kishh nehee gur keethaa lorrae s hoe ||2||
Nothing is beyond the Guru; whatever He wishes comes to pass. ||2||
ਗੁਰੁ ਤੀਰਥੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਪਾਰਜਾਤੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਮਨਸਾ ਪੂਰਣਹਾਰੁ ॥
gur theerathh gur paarajaath gur manasaa pooranehaar ||
The Guru is the Sacred Shrine of Pilgrimage, the Guru is the Wish-fulfilling Elysian Tree.
ਗੁਰੁ ਦਾਤਾ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਦੇਇ ਉਧਰੈ ਸਭੁ ਸੰਸਾਰੁ ॥
gur dhaathaa har naam dhaee oudhharai sabh sansaar ||
The Guru is the Fulfiller of the desires of the mind. The Guru is the Giver of the Name of the Lord, by which all the world is saved.
ਗੁਰੁ ਸਮਰਥੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਊਚਾ ਅਗਮ ਅਪਾਰੁ ॥
gur samarathh gur nirankaar gur oochaa agam apaar ||
The Guru is All-powerful, the Guru is Formless; the Guru is Lofty, Inaccessible and Infinite.
ਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਮਹਿਮਾ ਅਗਮ ਹੈ ਕਿਆ ਕਥੇ ਕਥਨਹਾਰੁ ॥੩॥
gur kee mehimaa agam hai kiaa kathhae kathhanehaar ||3||
The Praise of the Guru is so sublime-what can any speaker say? ||3||
ਜਿਤੜੇ ਫਲ ਮਨਿ ਬਾਛੀਅਹਿ ਤਿਤੜੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪਾਸਿ ॥
jitharrae fal man baashheeahi thitharrae sathigur paas ||
All the rewards which the mind desires are with the True Guru.
ਪੂਰਬ ਲਿਖੇ ਪਾਵਣੇ ਸਾਚੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਦੇ ਰਾਸਿ ॥
poorab likhae paavanae saach naam dhae raas ||
One whose destiny is so pre-ordained, obtains the Wealth of the True Name.
ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸਰਣੀ ਆਇਆਂ ਬਾਹੁੜਿ ਨਹੀ ਬਿਨਾਸੁ ॥
sathigur saranee aaeiaaan baahurr nehee binaas ||
Entering the Sanctuary of the True Guru, you shall never die again.
ਹਰਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਕਦੇ ਨ ਵਿਸਰਉ ਏਹੁ ਜੀਉ ਪਿੰਡੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਸਾਸੁ ॥੪॥੨੯॥੯੯॥
har naanak kadhae n visaro eaehu jeeo pindd thaeraa saas ||4||29||99||
Nanak: may I never forget You, Lord. This soul, body and breath are Yours. ||4||29||99||

Jul 6, 2008
Lalihayer Ji,

Guru represents Sikhism EVERYWHERE, Guru’s Word is the same for ALL, be a learner or be a scholar or be anybody from any religion or faith. If that makes one feel that they have the authority to change Guru’s Word according to their personal choice, good for them- it is their karma Lalihayer Ji. This greeb is only obeying Guru Ji, The Lord, The Master, One and Only One. Guru Ji is telling all of us:

thudhh jaevadd dhaathaa avar n suaamee lavai n koee laavaniaa ||6||
There is no other Giver as Great as You, O my Lord and Master. None approach or equal You. ||6||

lalaa thaa kai lavai n kooo ||
LALLA: There is no one equal to Him.

eaekehi aap avar neh hooo ||
He Himself is the One; there shall never be any other.

Guru Ji is telling us:

ਗੁਰਮਤੀ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਬੋਲੇ ॥
guramathee har har bolae ||
Following the Guru's Teachings, chant the Name of the Lord, Har, Har.

har praem kasaaee dhinas raath har rathee har rang cholae ||
Attracted by the Lord's Love, day and night, the body-robe is imbued with the Lord's Love.

har jaisaa purakh n labhee sabh dhaekhiaa jagath mai ttolae ||
I have not found any being like the Lord, although I have searched and looked all over the world.

gur sathigur naam dhirraaeiaa man anath n kaahoo ddolae ||
The Guru, the True Guru, has implanted the Naam within; now, my mind does not waver or wander anywhere else.

One line or the whole Shabad, Guru’s Word doesn’t change meanings Lalihayer Ji.
Guru Himself didn’t find one like God. Well it looks like you have found one like God, but who cant be God but still equal to or like Him-Congratulations on your discovery.

Good Luck lalihayer Ji.

Thanks and Forgive me Please

Nov 16, 2007
Harsimran ji,
You said that One line or the whole Shabad, Guru’s Word doesn’t change meanings Lalihayer Ji. Here are some tuks from Gurubani. If we take these literally without taking into consideration whole shabad and context, do you agree with literal meaning.

Guru Nanak Dev says on Page 153, Line 5
ਹਉ ਪਾਪੀ ਤੂੰ ਨਿਰਮਲੁ ਏਕ ॥੧॥
I am a sinner - You alone are pure. ||1||

Guru Ram Das says Page 167, Line 5
ਮੇਰੇ ਰਾਮ ਹਮ ਪਾਪੀ ਸਰਣਿ ਪਰੇ ਹਰਿ ਦੁਆਰਿ ॥
O my Lord, I am a sinner; I have come to Your Sanctuary, and fallen at Your Door, Lord.

Guru Ram Das says on Page 172, Line 11
ਹਮ ਅਪਰਾਧ ਪਾਪ ਬਹੁ ਕੀਨੇ ਕਰਿ ਦੁਸਟੀ ਚੋਰ ਚੁਰਾਇਆ ॥
I am a sinner - I have committed so many sins; I am a villainous, thieving thief.

Guru Nanak Dev says on Page 228, Line 9
ਹਮ ਪਾਪੀ ਨਿਰਗੁਣ ਕਉ ਗੁਣੁ ਕਰੀਐ ॥
I am a worthless sinner, without merit. What merit do I have?

Guru Nanak Dev says on Page 12, Line 4
ਨਾ ਹਉ ਜਤੀ ਸਤੀ ਨਹੀ ਪੜਿਆ ਮੂਰਖ ਮੁਗਧਾ ਜਨਮੁ ਭਇਆ ॥
I am not celibate, nor truthful, nor scholarly. I was born foolish and ignorant into this world.

Guru Arjan Dev says on Page 51, Line 17
ਭੂਲਹਿ ਚੂਕਹਿ ਬਾਰਿਕ ਤੂੰ ਹਰਿ ਪਿਤਾ ਮਾਇਆ ॥੧॥
Like a foolish child, I have made mistakes. O Lord, You are my Father and Mother. ||1||

Guru Ram Das says on Page 172, Line 7
ਹਮ ਅਹੰਕਾਰੀ ਅਹੰਕਾਰ ਅਗਿਆਨ ਮਤਿ ਗੁਰਿ ਮਿਲਿਐ ਆਪੁ ਗਵਾਇਆ ॥
I am egotistical and conceited, and my intellect is ignorant. Meeting the Guru, my selfishness and conceit have been abolished.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM