• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Who Is Guru In Sikhism

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
PK70 JI,

A suggestion to you from an old veer of yours: Read Dhan Guru Granth Sahib Ji, then follow each teaching yourself. Only after that make an effort to explain the ULTIMATE TRUTH to others. Otherwise you will be misleading others. Just a suggestion.

Honey22 ji

I submit for your careful consideration the following forum rules. In your case Forum Rule 1 and Forum Rules 3 and 3A should be reviewed. Please abide by them.

SPN Forum Rules

** Comments made by any member do not reflect upon ideology of SikhPhilosophy.Net **

1. Respect: Treat all members with the kind of respect that you expect from them in return for yourself.

2. Unity in Diversity: Many members on SPN, come from various religious and cultural backgrounds and may have variable conflicting opinions. Religion and Philosophy are general but unique for each person's understanding and progress. If you disagree, simply accept the difference and ask for information you may not know. Un-necessary bragging, trash talk, childish arguements only take us away from the topic in hand. Please avoid them at any cost.

3. Blaming: Avoid blaming others. Seeing someone's fault is easier than your own fault.

3A. Respond or discuss the issue, but not the member who posted it.

4. Negativity: Members found spreading negativity will be encouraged to leave the network.

5. Introspection: Try to find your own fault and purify your mind.

6. Karma: Always check your karma and its fruit from participating in this network.

7. Multiple Identities: No use using multiple identities. We can easily trace & monitor activities of such persons and deal with them appropriately.

8. Moderation: SPN Management reserves all the rights to delete or modify all the articles/discussions without asking for permissions from the authors/posters.

9. Comparative Study: Any member, who wants to explore relationship between Sikhism and other religions, please do that in a "Interfaith Dialogues" forum only.

10. Forum Etiquettes: Do not use offensive or vulgar language. Behave like a grown up person.

11. Personal Attacks or Sect Bashing: Do not engage in personal attacks or sect bashing. HATE MESSAGES WILL BE REMOVED WITHOUT NOTICE.

12. Plagiarism is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. If you copy posts from others and pass them as if they're yours, you will be severely punished.

Thank you,
aad0002

Honey22

SPNer
Jun 30, 2008
My apologies.

But I still stand by the suggestion I made. May sound harsh, but a truthfull one. No Hidden Agendas.

Good Luck.

Honey22

SPNer
Jun 30, 2008
Guru Ji suggest not to do the wrong deeds:

ਸਲਾਮੁ ਜਬਾਬੁ ਦੋਵੈ ਕਰੇ ਮੁੰਢਹੁ ਘੁਥਾ ਜਾਇ ॥
salaam jabaab dhovai karae mundtahu ghuthhaa jaae ||
One who offers both respectful greetings and rude refusal to his master, has gone wrong from the very beginning.
ਨਾਨਕ ਦੋਵੈ ਕੂੜੀਆ ਥਾਇ ਨ ਕਾਈ ਪਾਇ ॥੨॥
naanak dhovai koorreeaa thhaae n kaaee paae ||2||
O Nanak, both of his actions are false; he obtains no place in the Court of the Lord. ||2||
ਪਉੜੀ ॥
pourree ||
Pauree:
ਜਿਤੁ ਸੇਵਿਐ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਈਐ ਸੋ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਸਦਾ ਸਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਾਲੀਐ ॥
jith saeviai sukh paaeeai so saahib sadhaa samhaaleeai ||
Serving Him, peace is obtained; meditate and dwell upon that Lord and Master forever.
ਜਿਤੁ ਕੀਤਾ ਪਾਈਐ ਆਪਣਾ ਸਾ ਘਾਲ ਬੁਰੀ ਕਿਉ ਘਾਲੀਐ ॥
jith keethaa paaeeai aapanaa saa ghaal buree kio ghaaleeai ||
Why do you do such evil deeds, that you shall have to suffer so?
ਮੰਦਾ ਮੂਲਿ ਨ ਕੀਚਈ ਦੇ ਲੰਮੀ ਨਦਰਿ ਨਿਹਾਲੀਐ ॥
mandhaa mool n keechee dhae lanmee nadhar nihaaleeai ||
Do not do any evil at all; look ahead to the future with foresight.
ਜਿਉ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਨਾਲਿ ਨ ਹਾਰੀਐ ਤੇਵੇਹਾ ਪਾਸਾ ਢਾਲੀਐ ॥
jio saahib naal n haareeai thaevaehaa paasaa dtaaleeai ||
So throw the dice in such a way, that you shall not lose with your Lord and Master.
ਕਿਛੁ ਲਾਹੇ ਉਪਰਿ ਘਾਲੀਐ ॥੨੧॥
kishh laahae oupar ghaaleeai ||21||
Do those deeds which shall bring you profit. ||21||

When a person is on the wrong path:

ਹਰਿ ਕੀ ਭਗਤਿ ਨ ਦੇਖੈ ਜਾਇ ॥
har kee bhagath n dhaekhai jaae ||
He does not go to see where the Lord is being worshipped.
ਮਾਰਗੁ ਛੋਡਿ ਅਮਾਰਗਿ ਪਾਇ ॥
maarag shhodd amaarag paae ||
He abandons the Lord's Path, and takes the wrong path.
ਮੂਲਹੁ ਭੂਲਾ ਆਵੈ ਜਾਇ ॥
moolahu bhoolaa aavai jaae ||
He forgets the Primal Lord God, and is caught in the cycle of reincarnation.
ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਡਾਰਿ ਲਾਦਿ ਬਿਖੁ ਖਾਇ ॥੨॥
anmrith ddaar laadh bikh khaae ||2||
He throws away the Ambrosial Nectar, and gathers poison to eat. ||2||

Honey22

SPNer
Jun 30, 2008
Inspire Others' to Read Gurbani
Inspire Others to take Guru's Advice
Inspire Others to develop True Devotion
Inspire Others to Walk the Path

ਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਮਤਿ ਤੂੰ ਲੇਹਿ ਇਆਨੇ ॥
gur kee math thoon laehi eiaanae ||
Take the Guru's advice, you ignorant fool;
ਭਗਤਿ ਬਿਨਾ ਬਹੁ ਡੂਬੇ ਸਿਆਨੇ ॥
bhagath binaa bahu ddoobae siaanae ||
without devotion, even the clever have drowned.
ਹਰਿ ਕੀ ਭਗਤਿ ਕਰਹੁ ਮਨ ਮੀਤ ॥
har kee bhagath karahu man meeth ||
Worship the Lord with heart-felt devotion, my friend;
ਨਿਰਮਲ ਹੋਇ ਤੁਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਾਰੋ ਚੀਤ ॥
niramal hoe thumhaaro cheeth ||
your consciousness shall become pure.
ਚਰਨ ਕਮਲ ਰਾਖਹੁ ਮਨ ਮਾਹਿ ॥
charan kamal raakhahu man maahi ||
Enshrine the Lord's Lotus Feet in your mind;
ਜਨਮ ਜਨਮ ਕੇ ਕਿਲਬਿਖ ਜਾਹਿ ॥
janam janam kae kilabikh jaahi ||
the sins of countless lifetimes shall depart.
ਆਪਿ ਜਪਹੁ ਅਵਰਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਾਵਹੁ ॥
aap japahu avaraa naam japaavahu ||
Chant the Naam yourself, and inspire others to chant it as well.
ਸੁਨਤ ਕਹਤ ਰਹਤ ਗਤਿ ਪਾਵਹੁ ॥
sunath kehath rehath gath paavahu ||
Hearing, speaking and living it, emancipation is obtained.
ਸਾਰ ਭੂਤ ਸਤਿ ਹਰਿ ਕੋ ਨਾਉ ॥
saar bhooth sath har ko naao ||
The essential reality is the True Name of the Lord.
ਸਹਜਿ ਸੁਭਾਇ ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਨ ਗਾਉ ॥੬॥
sehaj subhaae naanak gun gaao ||6||
With intuitive ease, O Nanak, sing His Glorious Praises. ||6||

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
(quote Honey22)
Originally Posted by PK70
(Guru Granth Sahib - The History, Arrangements and Text)Guru Granth (Guru Granth Sahib - The History, Arrangements and Text) Sahib is not Lord but medium of Lord.

PK70 JI,

A suggestion to you from an old veer of yours: Read Dhan Guru Granth Sahib Ji, then follow each teaching yourself.\

With all due respect, How do you imagine that others than you do not read Guru Granth Sahib Ji? There are some usages in there and some curious members ask questions about them, is it against Guru Granth Sahib ji to answer them? Or is it right way to snub them by saying “do not play game of logic?” That is not what Guru Granth Sahib inspires. No body ever could have seen glittering beautiful stars without opening eyes or without clear sky.

Only after that make an effort to explain the ULTIMATE TRUTH to others.

Who am I to explain Ultimate Truth? That was not even subject of my post. Why imaginary ideas are disturbing you? Who is “Sahib” in your quote assigned to my Id in green words above? There is only one Sahib, rest is His manifestation(.ਜਿਸ ਕੇ ਜੀਅ ਪਰਾਣ ਹਹਿ ਕਿਉ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਮਨਹੁ ਵਿਸਾਰੀਐ )
When “Sahib “used for Guru, it is sheer honor, fourth Nanak clearly states” if some one respect me it is your praise O Lord, not mine” Guru ji has shown a path to the Ultimate Truth, and we become hindrance in others efforts when we just like to mock at others or reduce ourselves to worship only medium and start shutting up others who like to prepare themselves before walking on the path.. First Mehal broke all chains of superficial worshiping of Sargun Form and freed us to contemplate on HIM only. Why new idea is cooked up? Guru kee pooja and Guru kee Seva is living Guru’s teachings, it has nothing to do with ritual Seva or worshipping.
Otherwise you will be misleading others. Just a suggestion.
Guru Ji suggest not to do the wrong deeds:
Honey 22 ji, I am not here to lead any one, what to speak of misleading; wrong deed is that which comes out of imagination, Gurbani is revealed, without understanding it, there is no chance of progression. Guru needs to understand before worshiping the Guru otherwise boat will be drowned right at the start.” Naam Japavo” to whom? Who do not understand “Naam” By merely saying” Naam Japo” no one can say” Guru ji’s” advice is put in practice. Even read Guru ji's Shabad how step by step Guru ji elobrate routine of a Gursikh. Have you forgot" Gun Vaddiaaeean Vichaar"?
[/FONT]
Now let’s look at Guru ji’s advice as per your quote
[/FONT] ਸਲਾਮੁ ਜਬਾਬੁ ਦੋਵੈ ਕਰੇ ਮੁੰਢਹੁ ਘੁਥਾ ਜਾਇ
salaam jabaab dhovai karae mundtahu ghuthhaa jaae ||
One who offers both respectful greetings and rude refusal to his master, has gone wrong from the very beginning.
Here Guru ji is talking about “AkaalPurakh’s Hukm” If as per His Hukm, good things come, persons are happy but when bad happens, they complain, that is called” disobeying Akaal Purakh” So if one claims to be His Daas( Servant) and keep complaining about what happens under His Ordinance, such persons are wrong right from the beginning because how such people can develop true love/unconditional love for HIM. Where are you applying this Guru Vaak Veer ji?
ਨਾਨਕ ਦੋਵੈ ਕੂੜੀਆ ਥਾਇ ਨ ਕਾਈ ਪਾਇ
naanak dhovai koorreeaa thhaae n kaaee paae ||2||
O Nanak, both of his actions are false; he obtains no place in the Court of the Lord. ||2||
So hint is at hypocrisy, saying I believe in His Ordinance but keep complaining. Saying I follow Guru but keep complaining” I do simran but why I am not rewarded …”Such persons, as per Guru ji, has no chance to find a place in Court of Sahib.
ਪਉੜੀ
pourree ||
Pauree:
ਜਿਤੁ ਸੇਵਿਐ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਈਐ ਸੋ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਸਦਾ ਸਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਾਲੀਐ
jith saeviai sukh paaeeai so saahib sadhaa samhaaleeai ||
Serving Him, peace is obtained; meditate and dwell upon that Lord and Master forever.

WHO is Sahib here? Akaal Purakh. Where is any thing that is against this advice in my post?
ਜਿਤੁ ਕੀਤਾ ਪਾਈਐ ਆਪਣਾ ਸਾ ਘਾਲ ਬੁਰੀ ਕਿਉ ਘਾਲੀਐ
jith keethaa paaeeai aapanaa saa ghaal buree kio ghaaleeai ||
Why do you do such evil deeds, that you shall have to suffer so?
Here advice has vast application: Why one should not do bad deeds since they will bring that back to us. What I have done wrong Honey 22 ji? Is it because I did not write” Dhan Dhan Guru Granth Sahib?” Or I haven’t called Guru Granth Sahib ji GOD?
By merely saying”dhan dhan Guru Granth Sahib ji” doesn’t mean one is showing more respect to Guru ji, it comes down to how much one obeys Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Honey 22 jio!
ਮੰਦਾ ਮੂਲਿ ਨ ਕੀਚਈ ਦੇ ਲੰਮੀ ਨਦਰਿ ਨਿਹਾਲੀਐ
mandhaa mool n keechee dhae lanmee nadhar nihaaleeai ||
Do not do any evil at all; look ahead to the future with foresight.
Again, seekers are advised to stay on virtuous path, that is why we need Guru since Guru ji prepares us for Ultimate Truth. Understanding Guru teachings is very important.[/FONT]
[/FONT]ਜਿਉ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਨਾਲਿ ਨ ਹਾਰੀਐ ਤੇਵੇਹਾ ਪਾਸਾ ਢਾਲੀਐ [/FONT]

jio saahib naal n haareeai thaevaehaa paasaa dtaaleeai ||
[/FONT] jio saahib naal n haareeai thaevaehaa paasaa dtaaleeai ||
So throw the dice in such a way, that you shall not lose with your Lord and Master.
Here translation is way away from Guru Message.
Sahib= Akaal Purakh, Hareeai= should not fail. Teveha= same way as it comes. Dhalleeai= mould mind according to His will.
Guru ji says that there are given test( His Ordinance)s to us, we should pass them, whatever way HE keeps us, happily we should accept that and never question HIM, questioning His ordinance will lead us to defeat. Never think we are playing dice with Him to defeat Him as translator claims. This Guru Vaak is in aligning to the First Guru Vaak.

ਕਿਛੁ ਲਾਹੇ ਉਪਰਿ ਘਾਲੀਐ ੨੧
kishh laahae oupar ghaaleeai ||21||
Do those deeds which shall bring you profit. ||21||
Here deeds are considered profitable spiritually, means being in love with Him and literally live in His love, will bring rewards of His realization ( if He bestows His grace) since all “mannmatt” makes us losers.

When a person is on the wrong path:

ਹਰਿ ਕੀ ਭਗਤਿ ਨ ਦੇਖੈ ਜਾਇ
har kee bhagath n dhaekhai jaae ||
He does not go to see where the Lord is being worshipped.
Hint is about “sadh Sangat” because stray person gets involved in other company where satisfying of mind's preferences are priority
ਮਾਰਗੁ ਛੋਡਿ ਅਮਾਰਗਿ ਪਾਇ
maarag shhodd amaarag paae ||
He abandons the Lord's Path, and takes the wrong path.
So such person leaves True path and get involved in wrong one.
ਮੂਲਹੁ ਭੂਲਾ ਆਵੈ ਜਾਇ
moolahu bhoolaa aavai jaae ||
He forgets the Primal Lord God, and is caught in the cycle of reincarnation.
That is the end the stray person meets, remains in duality and cycles.
ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਡਾਰਿ ਲਾਦਿ ਬਿਖੁ ਖਾਇ
anmrith ddaar laadh bikh khaae ||2||
He throws away the Ambrosial Nectar, and gathers poison to eat. ||2||
Choosing personal preferences over His Simran/Love keeps him in misery.
My question to you,, why have you quoted this shabad? What is an application of it here in context of my post? If you knew, you wouldn’t have quoted it because I just tried to explain that Guru ji is medium, how it makes you think that I am doing all the above and you need to awake me from my slumber after reading my post? Problem is very simple, instead of understanding Guru Shabad, it has become a fashion for some Sikhs just to quote Gurbani. That itself shows how desperately they need Guru ji’s help.
Honey 22, you have given your advice in four sentence
1.Inspire Others' to Read Gurbani
Sikh 80 put a question, you just snubbed him, was that your effort to inspire him to read Gurbani as you boasts about?
Inspire Others to take Guru's Advice
What Guru ji’s advice you have given, you have quoted a shabad without any context. Talking and living are two totally opposite practices, one is shallow the later is full with decorating truth.
Inspire Others to develop True Devotion
Elaborate it, what is true devotion? May be numerous SPN members do not know about it yet? If studying Gurbani and trying to follow it by practicing is not enough, what is left out in this regard then, please enlighten us, teach us with your wonderful experience.
Inspire Others to Walk the Path
Namjap ji Humbly asked you very simple questions, why couldn’t you elaborate your views about” the path” That was best chance to quote Guru Bachan. Your next quote of Guru Shabad has been copied and pasted without any context. Gurbani is Guru, living Gurbani is a true way of accepting Gurbani as Guru.

Honey22

SPNer
Jun 30, 2008
Bani is Nirankaar/Lord/God/Guru/Saint ALL THE SAME veer PK70 Ji.

If a veer of yours will tell somebody that you know is incorrect information, will not you tell him to stop and learn the correct thing and then talk about it- That's all I did Veer PK70 Ji.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
When Do/Did Bani Need A Context?

Gurbani is revealed, addressed to different levels of people from simple minded to sophisticated minds though message is the same. So Gurbani needs a context to say Guru Message, when stone worshiping was context, it addressed that, when Yogi were in context, they were addressed. On one point it is advocated"japo Gurbani" at the other point, denying to understand Gurbani and saying Gurbani is Nirankar/ Lord itself, obviously, we dare to disobey our own Guru who advises us to use" Akal" given by HIM.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Bani is Nirankaar/Lord/God/Guru/Saint ALL THE SAME veer PK70 Ji.
When it is said by Guru ji" Bani Nirankar Hai" Guru ji doesn't say, do not do "Vichar" because Gurbani is Lord, that is what is being cooked up by some, Guru Message is not that Honey 22 jio
If a veer of yours will tell somebody that you know is incorrect information,
What is the incorrect information, state it instead of beating around the Bush Verr Honey 22 jio
will not you tell him to stop and learn the correct thing and then talk about it- That's all I did Veer PK70 Ji.
You did nothing save for wording out your own mind Veer ji. I haven't seen any thing you said through Guru ji. Calling all HIM is fine, then worshiping all as HIM is not what Guru says, Honey 22 jio. Hard is to fall in love with HIM, easy is to worship all. Listen what Guru ji says" jini Naam dhiaaeea, gye mushkit ghaal" stress is on HIM, Guru ji doesn't say" all are Him, so dhyaao all" Guru ji introduces to us ocean, why some are trying to cover it up with own illusions?

Honey22

SPNer
Jun 30, 2008
Wow

hir kY Bjin kaun kaun n qwry ]
Kg qn mIn qn imRg qn brwh qn swDU sMig auDwry ]1] rhwau ]
dyv kul dYq kul jK´ ikMnr nr swgr auqry pwry ]
jo jo Bjnu krY swDU sMig qw ky dUK ibdwry ]1]
kwm kroD mhw ibiKAw rs ien qy Bey inrwry ]
dIn dieAwl jpih kruxw mY nwnk sd bilhwry ]2]9]13]

Malaar, Fifth Mehl:
Vibrating and meditating on the Lord, who has not been carried across?
Those reborn into the body of a bird, the body of a fish, the body of a deer, and the body of a bull - in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, they are saved. ||1||Pause||
The families of gods, the families of demons, titans, celestial singers and human beings are carried across the ocean.
Whoever meditates and vibrates on the Lord in the Saadh Sangat - his pains are taken away. ||1||
Sexual desire, anger and the pleasures of terrible corruption - he keeps away from these.
He meditates on the Lord, Merciful to the meek, the Embodiment of Compassion; Nanak is forever a sacrifice to Him. ||2||9||13||

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Wow

hir kY Bjin kaun kaun n qwry ]
Kg qn mIn qn imRg qn brwh qn swDU sMig auDwry ]1] rhwau ]
dyv kul dYq kul jK´ ikMnr nr swgr auqry pwry ]
jo jo Bjnu krY swDU sMig qw ky dUK ibdwry ]1]
kwm kroD mhw ibiKAw rs ien qy Bey inrwry ]
dIn dieAwl jpih kruxw mY nwnk sd bilhwry ]2]9]13]

Malaar, Fifth Mehl:
Vibrating and meditating on the Lord, who has not been carried across?
Those reborn into the body of a bird, the body of a fish, the body of a deer, and the body of a bull - in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, they are saved. ||1||Pause||
The families of gods, the families of demons, titans, celestial singers and human beings are carried across the ocean.
Whoever meditates and vibrates on the Lord in the Saadh Sangat - his pains are taken away. ||1||
Sexual desire, anger and the pleasures of terrible corruption - he keeps away from these.
He meditates on the Lord, Merciful to the meek, the Embodiment of Compassion; Nanak is forever a sacrifice to Him. ||2||9||13||

Honey 22 jio
Glad to hear from Guru ji through your quote, my question, who( Sikh) dares to question that ever? I quoted Guru Vaak" jini Naam dhiaaeea gye mushkat ghaal" doesnt this Guru Shabad conveys the same message? Remember Guru ji directly also addresses many other things as well to prepare us for this" Only HE has a Mukaam( permanat stay) we dont( M-1), so contemplate on Him, Get rid of lust, anger, ego and greed, Love Him as water loves milk..( M-1)." Guru ji inspires us to contemplate on Him as well as get rid of trash society puts in us.

Honey22

SPNer
Jun 30, 2008
Falsehood(Praising OneSelf) doesn't do any good:

ਜਿ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸੇਵੇ ਆਪੁ ਗਣਾਇਦੇ ਤਿਨ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਕੂੜੁ ਫਿਟੁ ਫਿਟੁ ਮੁਹ ਫਿਕੇ ॥
j bin sathigur saevae aap ganaaeidhae thin andhar koorr fitt fitt muh fikae ||
One who does not serve the True Guru, and who praises himself, is filled with falsehood within. Cursed, cursed is his ugly face.

Some try to sound like Guru Ji and have jealousy with those who quote Gurbani(because Gurbani tells the Truth that is totally opposite to their false preachings):

ਤੂ ਵੇਪਰਵਾਹੁ ਅਥਾਹੁ ਹੈ ਅਤੁਲੁ ਕਿਉ ਤੁਲੀਐ ॥
thoo vaeparavaahu athhaahu hai athul kio thuleeai ||
You are carefree, unfathomable and immeasurable; how can You be measured?
ਸੇ ਵਡਭਾਗੀ ਜਿ ਤੁਧੁ ਧਿਆਇਦੇ ਜਿਨ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਮਿਲੀਐ ॥
sae vaddabhaagee j thudhh dhhiaaeidhae jin sathigur mileeai ||
Those who have met the True Guru and who meditate on You are very fortunate.
ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਸਤਿ ਸਰੂਪੁ ਹੈ ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਬਣੀਐ ॥
sathigur kee baanee sath saroop hai gurabaanee baneeai ||
The Word of the True Guru's Bani is the embodiment of Truth; through Gurbani, one becomes perfect.
ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਰੀਸੈ ਹੋਰਿ ਕਚੁ ਪਿਚੁ ਬੋਲਦੇ ਸੇ ਕੂੜਿਆਰ ਕੂੜੇ ਝੜਿ ਪੜੀਐ ॥
sathigur kee reesai hor kach pich boladhae sae koorriaar koorrae jharr parreeai ||
Jealously emulating the True Guru, some others may speak of good and bad, but the false are destroyed by their falsehood.
ਓਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਾ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਹੋਰੁ ਮੁਖਿ ਹੋਰੁ ਹੈ ਬਿਖੁ ਮਾਇਆ ਨੋ ਝਖਿ ਮਰਦੇ ਕੜੀਐ ॥੯॥
ounhaa andhar hor mukh hor hai bikh maaeiaa no jhakh maradhae karreeai ||9||
Deep within them is one thing, and in their mouths is another; they suck in the poison of Maya, and then they painfully waste away. ||9||

Honey22

SPNer
Jun 30, 2008
Anger, Falsehood, Ego and Jealousy does not stay in a body blessed by Guru Ji.

ਹਰਿ ਬਿਸਰਤ ਸਦਾ ਖੁਆਰੀ ॥
har bisarath sadhaa khuaaree ||
Forgetting the Lord, one is ruined forever.
ਤਾ ਕਉ ਧੋਖਾ ਕਹਾ ਬਿਆਪੈ ਜਾ ਕਉ ਓਟ ਤੁਹਾਰੀ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
thaa ko dhhokhaa kehaa biaapai jaa ko outt thuhaaree || rehaao ||
How can anyone be deceived, who has Your Support, O Lord? ||Pause||

Gur Parmesar Eko Jaan:)

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Respected Namjap ji /pk70 ji/aad ji/Honey22 ji

I was searching for some article on 'Bani Nirankaar hey'.

1.Would it mean that each and every word is Nirankaar or the spirit behind the message should be taken as that may lead one to Nirankaar/Lord. ?

I feel that 'Bani Nirankaar hey' should mean that we should follow this after contemplating the same.

2. Is it also mandatory that we should be bound by the opinion of an y individual in this regard.?
I think the same lines of bani may convey differently to different person. In such a situation, should we keep on blaming other persons and keep on thrusting our own opinions as a judgment ?
[it is likely to cause irritation and we may not be able to do justice to bani esp. when we are discussing things on the internet, hence we may avoid any kind of endless discussion and debate.]

What do you think.?

3.We all have the right to differ on occasions and it is perfectly o.k. for us and we should carry on in a pleasant manner after analyzing as to what that we are writing may not be the cause of pain to the others who are also participating in the discussion.
We may differ but there should be a 'point of halt' and one should be intelligent enough to find out as to when one should stop in the overall interest. All members have equal right of presenting the views but one should know the limits and should exercise due diligence in these matters and should not try to monopolize the discussion.

It is only in this manner that we can proceed in any healthy discussion.

Kindly opine when you have time.

Regards

Last edited:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sikh80 ji

All of your questions are on point and your desire to discuss Bani and issues you raise about Bani are fair. Because I am moderating this thread, I am unable to reply to any of your questions. I am not sure that I have sufficient depth of understanding to do so anyway.

:)

Honey22

SPNer
Jun 30, 2008
Respected Namjap ji /pk70 ji/aad ji/Honey22 ji

I was searching for some article on 'Bani Nirankaar hey'.

1.Would it mean that each and every word is Nirankaar or the spirit behind the message should be taken as that may lead one to Nirankaar/Lord. ?

I feel that 'Bani Nirankaar hey' should mean that we should follow this after contemplating the same.

Sikh80 Ji, Gurbani is the ultimate Truth. Gurbani says- Bani Nirankaar Hai- Why would someone Doubt It? If ONe is under Guru's Sharan(protection)-Why one will doubt WHERE GURU IS LEADING? DOES'NT THE FOLLOWER SHOULD FOLLOW GURU AS-SAT HAI SAT HAI SAT HAI. Doesn't Guru knows everything-or do you doubt at this ability of your Guru? A True follower himself/herself has to be contended with the Truth Guru is telling, He/she doesn't need a proof to believe His/Her Guru.

2. Is it also mandatory that we should be bound by the opinion of an y individual in this regard.?
I think the same lines of bani may convey differently to different person. In such a situation, should we keep on blaming other persons and keep on thrusting our own opinions as a judgment ?
[it is likely to cause irritation and we may not be able to do justice to bani esp. when we are discussing things on the internet, hence we may avoid any kind of endless discussion and debate.]

What do you think.?

We are bound by Guru's Word-nothing else. If a sibling(by birth/destiny/religion/community) goes in opposite direction- he must be told- BUT NOBODY CAN BIND HIM/HER TO GO IN GURU'S DIRECTION- AS THAT PERSON IS LIVING HIS?HER DESTINY. A Sikh's religious duty/responsibility is to make his/her aware, and calmly keep doing so by all means.

Irritation is only in the plate of those who are not under Guru's Protection. Guru doesn't let His follower get even a hint of it:yes:.

tati vao na lagaee.

3.We all have the right to differ on occasions and it is perfectly o.k. for us and we should carry on in a pleasant manner after analyzing as to what that we are writing may not be the cause of pain to the others who are also participating in the discussion.
We may differ but there should be a 'point of halt' and one should be intelligent enough to find out as to when one should stop in the overall interest. All members have equal right of presenting the views but one should know the limits and should exercise due diligence in these matters and should not try to monopolize the discussion.

It is only in this manner that we can proceed in any healthy discussion.

Kindly opine when you have time.

There is no point where Gurbani doesn't exist. And It is always -sadaa Sukhdaee. Point of halt is useful for those who are debating it- not for those who believe in it- AS IT IS- BANI NIRANKAAR HAI- WHATEVER MY GURU SAYS IS THE ULTIMATE TRUTH AND NOTHING ELSE:). One should Stop doubting Bani, Stop telling opposite to Bani, Stop lying in the name of Bani. Halt will be very usefull for them. BUT ALWAYS BE WITH GURBANI- AS THIS IS THE BOHITH.

Gurbani Gavo Bhaee

Regards

Thanks for raising all these points.

I will sit in Guru's Sharan, and will not question or doubt my Guru -He is the Leader, He is the Karta, He is Waheguru, He is within and Without, He is the ULTIMATE.

Honey22

SPNer
Jun 30, 2008
Sikh80 ji

All of your questions are on point and your desire to discuss Bani and issues you raise about Bani are fair. Because I am moderating this thread, I am unable to reply to any of your questions. I am not sure that I have sufficient depth of understanding to do so anyway.

:)

aad0002 said:
issues you raise about Bani are fair

How can a Gurbani follower has issues about Gurbani? HOW CAN!!!!!!!
Isn't Bani OUR GURU?
Does anybody else better than GURU exist?
It is strange aad0002 Ji, "ISSUES ABOUT GURBANI"!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)Satguru Ki Agyaa Sat Sat Kar Mano Gursikho:)

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Respected namjap ji/Pk 70 ji

I had started this thread and I am completely satisfied with the answer of pk70 ji and do not need any further clarification in this regard. I am thankful to all who participated in replying to that I posted in my First post. I am also grateful to Vijaydeep ji for his contribution. I am equally grateful to Honey22 ji for showing the path that should lead us to spiritual development and bring clarity to various unexplored areas.

In future if I have doubt I shall post again.

Wjkk Wjkf

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: