• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Who Is Guru In Sikhism

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Note: Please debate the issues. This applies to everyone posting on this thread. And referring to Gurbani doesn't make it better.

Up to this point everyone has managed to keep a cool head in spite of the deep passions felt about interpretations of Gurbani. Debate the issues not the personalities, as in Forum Rule 3A. Thank you.

SadeePuri

SPNer
Jul 8, 2008
Note: Please debate the issues. This applies to everyone posting on this thread. Up to this point everyone has managed to keep a cool head in spite of the deep passions felt about interpretations of Gurbani. Debate the issues not the personalities, as in Forum Rule 3A. Thank you.

As you said everyone- Please explain my fault- I am ready to correct it. Please.

SadeePuri

SPNer
Jul 8, 2008
I am firm believer in His will. But you are making fun of it. Whenever you don't have any answer, you cut and paste shabad from another site.
There is no point in playing with words.
Guru Rakha.

I am not making fun of His Will at all.
I am not deprived of any answers, Guru my Lord provides this kiramjant with answers for everything.

Thanks
and Thank God

SadeePuri

SPNer
Jul 8, 2008
He is the greatest. There is nothing equal to Him. All that happens is His Will. I dont know anything. I neechan neech do as Guru God Master BabaJi tells me to do. My head is in His Charan. He can keep it, kick it, or embrace it- all His Will.

ਵਡਾ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਵਡੀ ਨਾਈ ਕੀਤਾ ਜਾ ਕਾ ਹੋਵੈ ॥
vaddaa saahib vaddee naaee keethaa jaa kaa hovai ||
Great is the Master, Great is His Name. Whatever happens is according to His Will.

ਨਾਨਕ ਜੇ ਕੋ ਆਪੌ ਜਾਣੈ ਅਗੈ ਗਇਆ ਨ ਸੋਹੈ ॥੨੧॥
naanak jae ko aapa jaanai agai gaeiaa n sohai ||21||
O Nanak, one who claims to know everything shall not be decorated in the world hereafter. ||21||

Nov 16, 2007
sadeepuri ji,
I don't disagree you about definition of Lord. He is so vast even contradictory looking statements are true too. Satguru Nanak said in his first pauri,
ਸੋਚੈ ਸੋਚਿ ਨ ਹੋਵਈ ਜੇ ਸੋਚੀ ਲਖ ਵਾਰ ॥
It is out of human comprehension. Even tiniest particle of universe is controlled by Lord. Our thoughts are what He wants.
But you claimed to be so much into His will. Lord wanted me debate you so you call me 'bura' and swearing in next post that you never called me 'bura', knowing that computers always carry records. Even if you called me 'bura', you should have at least stuck to it.

Guru Rakha.

Nov 16, 2007
You claimed in your 9.50pm post that I am not deprived of any answers.
SadeePuri ji, I am always looking for answers. I don't have answers for everything. I am a sikh (learner). I cann't claim to know everything.
In 9.47pm post you said,
I am not worried,
I am not judging you,
I am not pretending.

I have a confession to make. I am worried lot of times, even though I should not be. I also do crime of judging people and pretending from time to time.
But I do what I can do. I keep on trying to be free of these evils. You posted tuks from bani about Guru's humality, but you are making big claims about yourself.

SadeePuri

SPNer
Jul 8, 2008
You claimed in your 9.50pm post that I am not deprived of any answers.
SadeePuri ji, I am always looking for answers. I don't have answers for everything. I am a sikh (learner). I cann't claim to know everything.
In 9.47pm post you said,
I am not worried,
I am not judging you,
I am not pretending.
I have a confession to make. I am worried lot of times, even though I should not be. I also do crime of judging people and pretending from time to time.
But I do what I can do. I keep on trying to be free of these evils. You posted tuks from bani about Guru's humality, making big claims yourself.

Guru God Lord is providing me the answers:)- I am nothing. What ever He provides me I am satisfied with it. I dont have to worry at all.

Nov 16, 2007
I don't think we are doing anything positive.
I don't have any problem with ego. I am ready to say in big letters, You are better sikh than me. You know more than me. I think this will settle it.
Guru Rakha.

SadeePuri

SPNer
Jul 8, 2008
sadeepuri ji,
I don't disagree you about definition of Lord. He is so vast even contradictory looking statements are true too. Satguru Nanak said in his first pauri,
ਸੋਚੈ ਸੋਚਿ ਨ ਹੋਵਈ ਜੇ ਸੋਚੀ ਲਖ ਵਾਰ ॥
It is out of human comprehension. Even tiniest particle of universe is controlled by Lord. Our thoughts are what He wants.
But you claimed to be so much into His will. Lord wanted me debate you so you call me 'bura' and swearing in next post that you never called me 'bura', knowing that computers always carry records. Even if you called me 'bura', you should have at least stuck to it.

Guru Rakha.

I swear I never addressed you bura. I also know computers keep records. It is bani that I was quoting and it was not at all addressed to You. Why to call you bura?
I was about to write a message on following His Will in the connection of me Kiramjant, and that had nothing to do with you. I was calling myself bura not you at all. I swear if I have addressed anybody bura in my life. I have not taught by Guru Ji to do such things.

Thanks

SadeePuri

SPNer
Jul 8, 2008
I don't think we are doing anything positive.
I don't have any problem with ego. I am ready to say in big letters, You are better sikh than me. You know more than me. I think this will settle it.
Guru Rakha.

You dont need to tell me anything. We are having different views and experience different way of life as HE WILLS. I dont say I am better or I know more.

Guru God BabaJi knows all, He does everything as He Wills. Me Kiramjant is nothing. He answers all the questions as He (Himself) raises the questions as well- I am nothing. This body cant take a next breath if He doesnt Let.

SadeePuri

SPNer
Jul 8, 2008
ਜਿਨੀ ਨਾਮੁ ਪਛਾਣਿਆ ਤਿਨ ਵਿਟਹੁ ਬਲਿ ਜਾਉ ॥
jinee naam pashhaaniaa thin vittahu bal jaao ||
I am a sacrifice to those who recognize the Naam, the Name of the Lord.

ਆਪੁ ਛੋਡਿ ਚਰਣੀ ਲਗਾ ਚਲਾ ਤਿਨ ਕੈ ਭਾਇ ॥
aap shhodd charanee lagaa chalaa thin kai bhaae ||
Renouncing selfishness, I fall at their feet, and walk in harmony with His Will.

SadeePuri

SPNer
Jul 8, 2008
ਆਪੇ ਦੇਇ ਤ ਪਾਈਐ ਹੋਰੁ ਕਰਣਾ ਕਿਛੂ ਨ ਜਾਇ ॥
aapae dhaee th paaeeai hor karanaa kishhoo n jaae ||
He Himself gives, and then we receive. Nothing else can be done.

ਦੇਵਣ ਵਾਲੇ ਕੈ ਹਥਿ ਦਾਤਿ ਹੈ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੁਆਰੈ ਪਾਇ ॥
dhaevan vaalae kai hathh dhaath hai guroo dhuaarai paae ||
The Gift is in the Hands of the Great Giver. At the Guru's Door, in the Gurdwara, it is received.

ਜੇਹਾ ਕੀਤੋਨੁ ਤੇਹਾ ਹੋਆ ਜੇਹੇ ਕਰਮ ਕਮਾਇ ॥੩॥
jaehaa keethon thaehaa hoaa jaehae karam kamaae ||3||
Whatever He does, comes to pass. All act according to His Will. ||3||

Nov 16, 2007
Who told you I am not in agreement with 6th and 10th Master.

:wah:6th and 10th Nanak is in 11th. same as 5th and 9th:wah:

Let me say it more clearly:
Nanak
God
Guru
BabaJi
Har
Hari
Parmatma
Wahe Guru
Lord
Almighty
Guru Nanak Dev Ji
Guru Angad Dev Ji
Guru Amar Das Ji
Guru Ram Das Ji
Guru Arjun Dev Ji
Guru Har Gobind Ji
Guru Har Rai Ji
Guru Har Krishan Ji
Guru TegBahadur Ji
Guru Gobind Singh Ji
Guru Granth Sahib Ji
All Bhagats of the World
All Saints of the World
All Brahmgyanis of the World
All Self Realized People
His Creation
The Creator

I see One and Only one everywhere- People can have problem with that, this is also His Will. He is directing me in this direction, Him being All and everything- Me kiram jant has nothing to worry about.

Now that list of Lords is in place, we should start making list of 'bura's, starting with this 'bura' :yes:

SadeePuri

SPNer
Jul 8, 2008
Honey ji,

Sharing Gurprasaad Ji:

ਜਗਿ ਹਉਮੈ ਮੈਲੁ ਦੁਖੁ ਪਾਇਆ ਮਲੁ ਲਾਗੀ ਦੂਜੈ ਭਾਇ ॥
jag houmai mail dhukh paaeiaa mal laagee dhoojai bhaae ||
The world is polluted with the filth of egotism, suffering in pain. This filth sticks to them because of their love of duality.

ਮਲੁ ਹਉਮੈ ਧੋਤੀ ਕਿਵੈ ਨ ਉਤਰੈ ਜੇ ਸਉ ਤੀਰਥ ਨਾਇ ॥
mal houmai dhhothee kivai n outharai jae so theerathh naae ||
This filth of egotism cannot be washed away, even by taking cleansing baths at hundreds of sacred shrines.

ਬਹੁ ਬਿਧਿ ਕਰਮ ਕਮਾਵਦੇ ਦੂਣੀ ਮਲੁ ਲਾਗੀ ਆਇ ॥
bahu bidhh karam kamaavadhae dhoonee mal laagee aae ||
Performing all sorts of rituals, people are smeared with twice as much filth.

ਪੜਿਐ ਮੈਲੁ ਨ ਉਤਰੈ ਪੂਛਹੁ ਗਿਆਨੀਆ ਜਾਇ ॥੧॥
parriai mail n outharai pooshhahu giaaneeaa jaae ||1||
This filth is not removed by studying. Go ahead, and ask the wise ones. ||1||

ਮਨ ਮੇਰੇ ਗੁਰ ਸਰਣਿ ਆਵੈ ਤਾ ਨਿਰਮਲੁ ਹੋਇ ॥
man maerae gur saran aavai thaa niramal hoe ||
O my mind, coming to the Sanctuary of the Guru, you shall become immaculate and pure.

ਮਨਮੁਖ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਕਰਿ ਥਕੇ ਮੈਲੁ ਨ ਸਕੀ ਧੋਇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
manamukh har har kar thhakae mail n sakee dhhoe ||1|| rehaao ||
The self-willed manmukhs have grown weary of chanting the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, but their filth cannot be removed. ||1||Pause||

ਮਨਿ ਮੈਲੈ ਭਗਤਿ ਨ ਹੋਵਈ ਨਾਮੁ ਨ ਪਾਇਆ ਜਾਇ ॥
man mailai bhagath n hovee naam n paaeiaa jaae ||
With a polluted mind, devotional service cannot be performed, and the Naam, the Name of the Lord, cannot be obtained.

ਮਨਮੁਖ ਮੈਲੇ ਮੈਲੇ ਮੁਏ ਜਾਸਨਿ ਪਤਿ ਗਵਾਇ ॥
manamukh mailae mailae mueae jaasan path gavaae ||
The filthy, self-willed manmukhs die in filth, and they depart in disgrace.

ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦੀ ਮਨਿ ਵਸੈ ਮਲੁ ਹਉਮੈ ਜਾਇ ਸਮਾਇ ॥
gur parasaadhee man vasai mal houmai jaae samaae ||
By Guru's Grace, the Lord comes to abide in the mind, and the filth of egotism is dispelled.

ਜਿਉ ਅੰਧੇਰੈ ਦੀਪਕੁ ਬਾਲੀਐ ਤਿਉ ਗੁਰ ਗਿਆਨਿ ਅਗਿਆਨੁ ਤਜਾਇ ॥੨॥
jio andhhaerai dheepak baaleeai thio gur giaan agiaan thajaae ||2||
Like a lamp lit in the darkness, the spiritual wisdom of the Guru dispels ignorance. ||2||

ਹਮ ਕੀਆ ਹਮ ਕਰਹਗੇ ਹਮ ਮੂਰਖ ਗਾਵਾਰ ॥
ham keeaa ham karehagae ham moorakh gaavaar ||
"I have done this, and I will do that"-I am an idiotic fool for saying this!

ਕਰਣੈ ਵਾਲਾ ਵਿਸਰਿਆ ਦੂਜੈ ਭਾਇ ਪਿਆਰੁ ॥
karanai vaalaa visariaa dhoojai bhaae piaar ||
I have forgotten the Doer of all; I am caught in the love of duality.

ਮਾਇਆ ਜੇਵਡੁ ਦੁਖੁ ਨਹੀ ਸਭਿ ਭਵਿ ਥਕੇ ਸੰਸਾਰੁ ॥
maaeiaa jaevadd dhukh nehee sabh bhav thhakae sansaar ||
There is no pain as great as the pain of Maya; it drives people to wander all around the world, until they become exhausted.

ਗੁਰਮਤੀ ਸੁਖੁ ਪਾਈਐ ਸਚੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਉਰ ਧਾਰਿ ॥੩॥
guramathee sukh paaeeai sach naam our dhhaar ||3||
Through the Guru's Teachings, peace is found, with the True Name enshrined in the heart. ||3||

ਜਿਸ ਨੋ ਮੇਲੇ ਸੋ ਮਿਲੈ ਹਉ ਤਿਸੁ ਬਲਿਹਾਰੈ ਜਾਉ ॥
jis no maelae so milai ho this balihaarai jaao ||
I am a sacrifice to those who meet and merge with the Lord.

ਏ ਮਨ ਭਗਤੀ ਰਤਿਆ ਸਚੁ ਬਾਣੀ ਨਿਜ ਥਾਉ ॥
eae man bhagathee rathiaa sach baanee nij thhaao ||
This mind is attuned to devotional worship; through the True Word of Gurbani, it finds its own home.

ਮਨਿ ਰਤੇ ਜਿਹਵਾ ਰਤੀ ਹਰਿ ਗੁਣ ਸਚੇ ਗਾਉ ॥
man rathae jihavaa rathee har gun sachae gaao ||
With the mind so imbued, and the tongue imbued as well, sing the Glorious Praises of the True Lord.

ਨਾਨਕ ਨਾਮੁ ਨ ਵੀਸਰੈ ਸਚੇ ਮਾਹਿ ਸਮਾਉ ॥੪॥੩੧॥੬੪॥
naanak naam n veesarai sachae maahi samaao ||4||31||64||
O Nanak, never forget the Naam; immerse yourself in the True One. ||4||31||64||

:wah::wah::wah:

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
ਪਡ਼-ਪਡ਼ ਆਲਮ ਫਾਜ਼ਿਲ ਹੋਇਆਂ,ਕਦੇ ਆਪਣੇ ਆਪ ਨੂੰ ਪਡ਼ਿਆ ਈ ਨਈਂ |
ਜਾ-ਜਾ ਵਡ਼ਦਾਂ ਮੰਦਰ-ਮਸੀਤੀਂ ,ਕਦੇ ਆਪਣੇ ਅੰਦਰ ਵਡ਼ਿਆ ਈ ਨਈਂ |
ਐਵੇਂ ਰੋਜ਼ ਸ਼ੈਤਾਨ ਨਾਲ ਲਡ਼ਦਾਂ,ਕਦੇ ਨਫ਼ਸ ਆਪਣੇ ਨਾਲ ਲਡ਼ਿਆ ਈ ਨਈਂ |
ਬੁੱਲੇ ਸ਼ਾਹ ਅਸਮਾਨੀ ਉਡੱਦਿਆਂ ਫਡ਼ਦਾਂ,ਜਿਹਡ਼ਾ ਘਰ ਬੈਠਾ ਉਹਨੂੰ ਫਡ਼ਿਆ ਈ ਨਈਂ |

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: