• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam What Do You Think Of Islam?

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
even jesus was circumcised.

Jesus was born a Jew, so it was natural for him to be circumcised. But, he never made circumcision compulsory for Gentiles who wanted to be baptised. Though circumcision is not explicitly prohibited in Christianity, those who are uncircumcised are encouraged to remain so. What is important Jesus himself made circumcision a non-obligatory part of his religious Law.

Look: I, Paul, say to you that if you accept circumcision, Christ will be of no advantage to you. I testify again to every man who accepts circumcision that he is obligated to keep the whole law. You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace. For through the Spirit, by faith, we ourselves eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love. ...
(Galatians 5:2-11)

But even Titus, who was with me, was not forced to be circumcised, though he was a Greek.
(Galatians 2:3)

So, if a man who is uncircumcised keeps the precepts of the law, will not his uncircumcision be regarded as circumcision?
(Galatians 2:26)

Was anyone at the time of his call uncircumcised? Let him not seek circumcision.
(1 Corinthians 7:18)

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
How can Allah have called anyone anything, when even what Muhammad PBUH said wasn't written down until after his death, by who knows who? If I've got this wrong please correct me.

Guru Nanak Sahib Ji isn't "God" so you won't find that line of argument here.

Always happy to try to answer any questions you have about Sikhi.

riskygujjar

Banned
Mar 9, 2013
my questions about sikhi.

why didnt guru nanak said that the people around should enchant his name?

since god said whoever enchant guru nanak names name he will show mercy on them.

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
if jesus didnt want them to circumcised then why still?
Why still what? I didn't get you.

its conterversial among them.
Circumcision is not a pre-requisite for Christian baptism. Any controversy that exists is because some splinter groups still want to be circumcised, but the general consensus is that circumcision holds no special value to the Christians.

so are their sources.
huh
Christians believe the New Testament to be as valid as the Muslims believe the Qur'an to be. All references I gave were scriptural and although there are more such references in the New Testament, I refrained from posting all of them.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Ji

why didnt guru nanak said that the people around should enchant his name?

since god said whoever enchant guru nanak names name he will show mercy on them.

I don't know where Guru Nanak said people should chant his (Guru Nanak's) name. Guru Nanak instructs people to "chant God's name" which means (in very basic words) to behave virtuously. Many Sikhs today think it means to actually chant a word like Waheguru.

Guru Granth Sahib Ji isn't written like "God says XYZ". It's clear that it's the author's words, even though they speak as they are inspired by God/Truth/Reality to speak.

and do hindus claim guru nanak to be avtar of vishnu?

I don't know, you'll have to ask some Hindus.

is there any concept of being afraid of god in sikhism?

We should be afraid of being separated from God, but not of God Itself. People are afraid, and afraid of God, because of what they can't control.

riskygujjar

Banned
Mar 9, 2013
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Allah ordered the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) to follow the religion of Ibraheem (peace be upon him). Allah says in the Holy Qur'an:

"Then We inspired you: 'Follow the religion of Ibraheem, the upright in Faith'." [The Holy Qur'an 16:123]

And an important part of the religion of Ibrahim is circumcision.

The Prophet Ibraheem showed by his actions that he completely sumbitted himself to God's will, and encouraged his family and household members to obey Allah's commands without fail.

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The Prophet Ibrahim circumcised himself when he was eighty years old." [Related by Al-Bukhari, Muslim & Ahmad]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

riskygujjar

Banned
Mar 9, 2013
all prophets were circumcised.thats what i know.i have no clue what their followers did.

moreover u are trying proving something from some source which may be corrupted.

1 single thing corrupted in all sources from all abrahmic religion.
i dont think so.

riskygujjar

Banned
Mar 9, 2013
Sikh tradition states that at around 1499, at the age of 30, he had a vision. After he failed to return from his ablutions, his clothes were found on the bank of a local stream called the Kali Bein. The townspeople assumed he had drowned in the river; Daulat Khan had the river dragged, but no body was found. Three days after disappearing, Nanak reappeared, staying silent. The next day, he spoke to pronounce: "There is neither Hindu nor Mussulman (Muslim) so whose path shall I follow? I shall follow God's path. God is neither Hindu nor Mussulman and the path which I follow is God's."[12] Nanak said that he had been taken to God's court. There, he was offered a cup filled with amrita (nectar) and given the command,
"This is the cup of the adoration of God's name. Drink it. I am with you. I bless you and raise you up. Whoever remembers you will enjoy my favour. Go, rejoice of my name and teach others to do so. I have bestowed the gift of my name upon you. Let this be your calling."

riskygujjar

Banned
Mar 9, 2013
plz explain me meaning of satnam waheguru and ik onkar satgur prasad.

and some say that bismillah and ik onkar satgur prasad mena the same.

and why om is used in sikhism ?though u claim hinmduism and sikhism arent same.

and no offence but i never heard from anywhere guru nanak calling himself sikh.

so how is he first guru?

other questions coming plz answer these first.

aristotle

SPNer
May 10, 2010
Ancient Greece
Sikh tradition states that at around 1499, at the age of 30, he had a vision. After he failed to return from his ablutions, his clothes were found on the bank of a local stream called the Kali Bein. The townspeople assumed he had drowned in the river; Daulat Khan had the river dragged, but no body was found. Three days after disappearing, Nanak reappeared, staying silent. The next day, he spoke to pronounce: "There is neither Hindu nor Mussulman (Muslim) so whose path shall I follow? I shall follow God's path. God is neither Hindu nor Mussulman and the path which I follow is God's."[12] Nanak said that he had been taken to God's court. There, he was offered a cup filled with amrita (nectar) and given the command,
"This is the cup of the adoration of God's name. Drink it. I am with you. I bless you and raise you up. Whoever remembers you will enjoy my favour. Go, rejoice of my name and teach others to do so. I have bestowed the gift of my name upon you. Let this be your calling."

Ishna ji gave you some answers to your queries about Sikhism. If you need to enquire further, feel free to start a new thread. Let's just stick to Islam on this thread.

riskygujjar

Banned
Mar 9, 2013
atlast there is something good coming from you.

Naturally there is only good coming from aristotle ji! Glad you noticed that ! Move on. spnadmin

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
I would try to answer your questions in another thread Riskygujjar, if you want to start one. However I am suspicious of your motives since you are just firing question after question without regard for my replies. Also, as with Islam, not every question can be answered with one sentence, some concepts have prerequisite knowledge which needs to be understood first. Anyway, it can be pursued on another thread.

At any rate I need to do some chores and will be back a little later.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: