• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Leisure Why Did God Give Us Personalities If He Has None Himself?

JimRinX

SPNer
Aug 13, 2008
Portland, Oregon, U.S.A.
Ambarsaria ji
Aaaaaah! But, whether one os a "People of the Book", or not; if one kills the Innocent - or if they even Fail to Love too often - then they'll 'merge their light, with Goids light' alright; right BEFORE God sends them, SCREAMING, right back down "Jacobs Ladder" (a Hebrew Bible - i.e.: The "Book" - reference to Reincarnation, in my humble opnion), to assume their New Incarnation - as a wormy, mongrel DOG!!!
And that's IF their lucky!
The worst part of the process of "judgement"?
SEEING, for the First Time, all of those chances you had to Do Right, Love More, and Eliminate Others Suffering that you BLEW, that's what!!!
I wish all the nut-cases out there would read My Words (snicker)........

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
This is the related view of God from the book of Isaiah in the Hebrew Bible

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:

So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Unknowable, top down, upon whom creation is dependent, and essentially beyond personality, which is a construction of the human mind.

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
Anthropomorphism might be a possible answer.

Findingmyway Ji That is a great conceptualisation but rainbow should be colourless otherwise it has been partly created by the persons mind and is water wet when we are not observing it?

What does it matter? In my mind those images are of perfection. That is the point, the images themselves are not important

JimRinX

SPNer
Aug 13, 2008
Portland, Oregon, U.S.A.
Rajeshm and Sinner jios!
Guess what? Your BOTH right - and your BOTH wrong!
God is anything God wants to be!
When you figure that out, and develope the wisdom to be trusted to be that way to, THEN (as my favorite childhhod TV character would say - other than the Monty Python Crew; who I DO understand, BTW), "You will have LEARNED, Grasshopper."
Keep seeking.....tiny vinies.....

JimRinX

SPNer
Aug 13, 2008
Portland, Oregon, U.S.A.
Mai ji
I love you, and the Sikhi, but your TOO PROUD - and that's because of your personal history; as it is a common trait of all persecuted peoples to cling to their Pride of Person and Pride of Belief with great determination.
However, when one returns to the 'post-persecution real world' (like, Canada), one should seek to recognize this fact, and address it.
I know you have Real Concerns regarding what Arundhati Roy calls, "The rising tide of Hindu Fascism....," (both political and cultural) and that the people behind it have PROVEN themselves to be a Real Threat to the Sikh Community......but I could not say that your own reactions are anything other than a MIRROR of theirs!!!
I CAN SAY that God would be happy BOTH sides 'came down off their high horses', and tried to get along once again.
Personally, I'd like to see all parties become Ba'hai - to unite, rather than merge; but that would require ALL OF YOU to surrender your EGOS, now - wouldn't it?
I wonder what the Gurbani has to say about that?!?
I'm sure you're about to TELL ME!
We NEED Peace On Earth - Nuclear Swords - Ugh!!

Scarlet Pimpernel

We seek him here,we sikh
Writer
SPNer
May 31, 2011
In the Self
Jimi Ji I will give up my ego ,as soon as you do ,it's a stand off ,Grasshopper, and by the way ,you are wrong my brother, he can't be anything ,because of the fact he can't be one thing ,what is the one thing that he can't be ? he can't be wrong brother! :mundabhangra:

JimRinX

SPNer
Aug 13, 2008
Portland, Oregon, U.S.A.
Sinner ji
I'm sorry (I guess) that my being Honest about my personal experiences with God come across as 'egotistical'.
I ask you, however, to give me the Benefit of the Doubt, and then - putting yourself in MY shoes - WOULD YOU DENY GOD, OR THE 'GIFT' THAT GOD IMPARTED UPON YOU, JUST BECAUSE SOME "SINNER" THINKS YOUR BEING EGOTISTICAL?
Again, placing yourself in MY shoes: Unless you'd have me be Fool enough to IGNORE the fact that I REALLY DID have a white streak 'appear, as if by "magic"' in my hair, after 'communing' with God - well....I didn't think so!
I came here to share......take it, or leave it; just remember what I just said - or I'll be the one in trouble for having "denied God".

Scarlet Pimpernel

We seek him here,we sikh
Writer
SPNer
May 31, 2011
In the Self
Jimi Ji If you have no ego that is great, I think because I have so much ,that everyone else might! anyway it is my way to take the opposite position, but you won't be in trouble,you have not denied him brother. In our religion we just take white streaks to be the reminders of our mortality.I love you Jimi ,I'm not any sinner I'm your sinner!

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
The creator has personality made up of the following
~ 6.99 Billion unique human beings on Earth at last count
(http://www.worldometers.info/world-population/)
~ 8.4 million species of life on earth and you can take humans out and that would leave approximately. 8,399,999 species of life on earth
~ Number of personality generating locations and entities beyond earth is "unknown"

Note: Number of individual personalities within each species is unknown also

So final count and Bottomline: I put all these into a supercomputer and I get a very very large unknown number for Earth alone. So then you look at the Cosmos/creation, I get more befuddled.

So brothers and sisters, God/creator has a personality but we are too stupid and limited to understand and we might as well call it as having no personality. I checked there were approximately 26 unique personalities ( some have one personality, some have no personality and some have multiple personalities :interestedmunda::interestedmunda:) in this thread so far. So let us call it a day and say, 26 unique personalities. So these 26 people are fighting/aggressively posting over the total count of personalities in creation to constitute a creator's personality. Chances of doing so are pretty much zero as predicted in the first line of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji as infinity is associated with the creator. So for Sikh brother and sisters, you have not really understood well the first line in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji peacesign. For others, go to your belief/science/no-belief system and do some math and come back.
Sat Sri Akal.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Q : Why did God give us personalities if He has none Himself?
A : So he could live through us
This is what is meant by "God/creator having presence in each one of us". Is it too complex to comprehend that people search outside and not inside first?

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ
ੴ सतिगुर प्रसादि ॥
Ik▫oaʼnkār saṯgur parsāḏ.
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:
xxx

ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਇੱਕ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਨਾਲ ਮਿਲਦਾ ਹੈ।

ਗਗਨ ਮੈ ਥਾਲੁ ਰਵਿ ਚੰਦੁ ਦੀਪਕ ਬਨੇ ਤਾਰਿਕਾ ਮੰਡਲ ਜਨਕ ਮੋਤੀ ਧੂਪੁ ਮਲਆਨਲੋ ਪਵਣੁ ਚਵਰੋ ਕਰੇ ਸਗਲ ਬਨਰਾਇ ਫੂਲੰਤ ਜੋਤੀ ॥੧॥
गगन मै थालु रवि चंदु दीपक बने तारिका मंडल जनक मोती ॥ धूपु मलआनलो पवणु चवरो करे सगल बनराइ फूलंत जोती ॥१॥
Gagan mai thāl rav cẖanḏ ḏīpak bane ṯārikā mandal janak moṯī. Ḏẖūp mal▫ānlo pavaṇ cẖavro kare sagal banrā▫e fūlanṯ joṯī. ||1||
In the bowl of the sky, the sun and moon are the lamps; the stars in the constellations are the pearls. The fragrance of sandalwood is the incense, the wind is the fan, and all the vegetation are flowers in offering to You, O Luminous Lord. ||1||
ਗਗਨ = ਆਕਾਸ਼। ਗਗਨ ਮੈ = ਗਗਨ ਮਯ, ਆਕਾਸ਼-ਰੂਪ, ਸਾਰਾ ਆਕਾਸ਼। ਰਵਿ = ਸੂਰਜ। ਦੀਪਕ = ਦੀਵੇ। ਜਨਕ = ਜਾਣੋ, ਮਾਨੋ, ਜਿਵੇਂ। ਮਲਆਨਲੋ = {ਮਲਯ-ਅਨਲੋ} ਮਲਯ ਪਹਾੜ ਵਲੋਂ ਆਉਣ ਵਾਲੀ ਹਵਾ (ਅਨਲ = ਹਵਾ)। ਮਲਯ ਪਰਬਤ ਉਤੇ ਚੰਦਨ ਦੇ ਬੂਟੇ ਹੋਣ ਕਰ ਕੇ ਉਧਰੋਂ ਆਉਣ ਵਾਲੀ ਹਵਾ ਸੁਗੰਧੀ ਵਾਲੀ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੈ। ਮਲਯ ਪਹਾੜ ਭਾਰਤ ਦੇ ਦੱਖਣ ਵਿਚ ਹੈ। ਬਨਰਾਇ = ਬਨਸਪਤੀ। ਫੂਲੰਤ = ਫੁੱਲ ਦੇ ਰਹੀ ਹੈ। ਜੋਤੀ = ਜੋਤਿ-ਰੂਪ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ।੧।

ਸਾਰਾ ਆਕਾਸ਼ (ਮਾਨੋ) ਥਾਲ ਹੈ, ਸੂਰਜ ਤੇ ਚੰਦ (ਇਸ ਥਾਲ ਵਿਚ) ਦੀਵੇ ਬਣੇ ਹੋਏ ਹਨ, ਤਾਰਿਆਂ ਦੇ ਸਮੂਹ, (ਥਾਲ ਵਿਚ) ਮੋਤੀ ਰੱਖੇ ਹੋਏ ਹਨ। ਮਲਯ ਪਰਬਤ ਵਲੋਂ ਆਉਣ ਵਾਲੀ ਹਵਾ, ਮਾਨੋ, ਧੂਪ (ਧੁਖ ਰਿਹਾ) ਹੈ, ਹਵਾ ਚੌਰ ਕਰ ਰਹੀ ਹੈ, ਸਾਰੀ ਬਨਸਪਤੀ ਜੋਤਿ-ਰੂਪ (ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦੀ ਆਰਤੀ) ਲਈ ਫੁੱਲ ਦੇ ਰਹੀ ਹੈ।੧।

ਕੈਸੀ ਆਰਤੀ ਹੋਇ ਭਵ ਖੰਡਨਾ ਤੇਰੀ ਆਰਤੀ ਅਨਹਤਾ ਸਬਦ ਵਾਜੰਤ ਭੇਰੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
कैसी आरती होइ भव खंडना तेरी आरती ॥ अनहता सबद वाजंत भेरी ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
Kaisī ārṯī ho▫e bẖav kẖandnā ṯerī ārṯī. Anhaṯā sabaḏ vājanṯ bẖerī. ||1|| rahā▫o.
What a beautiful lamp-lit worship service this is! O Destroyer of fear, this is Your Aartee, Your worship service. The sound current of the Shabad is the sounding of the temple drums. ||1||Pause||
ਭਵਖੰਡਨਾ = ਹੇ ਜਨਮ ਮਰਨ ਕੱਟਣ ਵਾਲੇ! ਅਨਹਤਾ = {ਅਨ-ਹਤ} ਜੋ ਬਿਨਾ ਵਜਾਏ ਵੱਜੇ, ਇੱਕ-ਰਸ। ਸਬਦ = ਆਵਾਜ਼, ਜੀਵਨ-ਰੌ। ਭੇਰੀ = ਡੱਫ, ਨਗਾਰਾ।੧।ਰਹਾਉ।

ਹੇ ਜੀਵਾਂ ਦੇ ਜਨਮ ਮਰਨ ਨਾਸ ਕਰਨ ਵਾਲੇ! (ਕੁਦਰਤਿ ਵਿਚ) ਤੇਰੀ ਕੈਸੀ ਸੁੰਦਰ ਆਰਤੀ ਹੋ ਰਹੀ ਹੈ! (ਸਭ ਜੀਵਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਰੁਮਕ ਰਹੀ) ਇੱਕ-ਰਸ ਜੀਵਨ-ਰੌ, ਮਾਨੋ, ਤੇਰੀ ਆਰਤੀ ਵਾਸਤੇ ਨਗਾਰੇ ਵੱਜ ਰਹੇ ਹਨ।੧।ਰਹਾਉ।

ਸਹਸ ਤਵ ਨੈਨ ਨਨ ਨੈਨ ਹੈ ਤੋਹਿ ਕਉ ਸਹਸ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਨਨਾ ਏਕ ਤੋਹੀ ਸਹਸ ਪਦ ਬਿਮਲ ਨਨ ਏਕ ਪਦ ਗੰਧ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਹਸ ਤਵ ਗੰਧ ਇਵ ਚਲਤ ਮੋਹੀ ॥੨॥
सहस तव नैन नन नैन है तोहि कउ सहस मूरति नना एक तोही ॥ सहस पद बिमल नन एक पद गंध बिनु सहस तव गंध इव चलत मोही ॥२॥
Sahas ṯav nain nan nain hai ṯohi ka▫o sahas mūraṯ nanā ek ṯohī. Sahas paḏ bimal nan ek paḏ ganḏẖ bin sahas ṯav ganḏẖ iv cẖalaṯ mohī. ||2||
Thousands are Your eyes, and yet You have no eyes. Thousands are Your forms, and yet You have not even one form. Thousands are Your lotus feet, and yet You have no feet. Without a nose, thousands are Your noses. I am enchanted with Your play! ||2||
ਸਹਸ = ਹਜ਼ਾਰਾਂ। ਤਵ = ਤੇਰੇ। ਨਨ = ਕੋਈ ਨਹੀਂ। ਤੋਹਿ ਕਉ = ਤੇਰੇ ਵਾਸਤੇ, ਤੇਰੇ, ਤੈਨੂੰ। ਮੂਰਤਿ = ਸ਼ਕਲ। ਨਨਾ = ਕੋਈ ਨਹੀਂ। ਤੋਹੀ = ਤੇਰੀ। ਪਦ = ਪੈਰ। ਬਿਮਲ = ਸਾਫ਼। ਗੰਧ = ਨੱਕ। ਇਵ = ਇਸ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ। ਚਲਤ = ਕੌਤਕ, ਅਚਰਜ ਖੇਡ।੨।

(ਸਭ ਜੀਵਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਵਿਆਪਕ ਹੋਣ ਕਰ ਕੇ) ਹਜ਼ਾਰਾਂ ਤੇਰੀਆਂ ਅੱਖਾਂ ਹਨ (ਪਰ, ਨਿਰਾਕਾਰ ਹੋਣ ਕਰ ਕੇ, ਹੇ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ!) ਤੇਰੀਆਂ ਕੋਈ ਅੱਖਾਂ ਨਹੀਂ। ਹਜ਼ਾਰਾਂ ਤੇਰੀਆਂ ਸ਼ਕਲਾਂ ਹਨ, ਪਰ ਤੇਰੀ ਕੋਈ ਭੀ ਸ਼ਕਲ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੈ। ਹਜ਼ਾਰਾਂ ਤੇਰੇ ਸੋਹਣੇ ਪੈਰ ਹਨ, ਪਰ (ਨਿਰਾਕਾਰ ਹੋਣ ਕਰ ਕੇ) ਤੇਰਾ ਇੱਕ ਭੀ ਪੈਰ ਨਹੀਂ। ਹਜ਼ਾਰਾਂ ਤੇਰੇ ਨੱਕ ਹਨ, ਪਰ ਤੂੰ ਨੱਕ ਤੋਂ ਬਿਨਾ ਹੀ ਹੈਂ। ਤੇਰੇ ਅਜੇਹੇ ਕੌਤਕਾਂ ਨੇ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਹੈਰਾਨ ਕੀਤਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਹੈ।੨।

ਸਭ ਮਹਿ ਜੋਤਿ ਜੋਤਿ ਹੈ ਸੋਇ ਤਿਸ ਕੈ ਚਾਨਣਿ ਸਭ ਮਹਿ ਚਾਨਣੁ ਹੋਇ ਗੁਰ ਸਾਖੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਪਰਗਟੁ ਹੋਇ ਜੋ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਸੁ ਆਰਤੀ ਹੋਇ ॥੩॥
सभ महि जोति जोति है सोइ ॥ तिस कै चानणि सभ महि चानणु होइ ॥ गुर साखी जोति परगटु होइ ॥ जो तिसु भावै सु आरती होइ ॥३॥
Sabẖ mėh joṯ joṯ hai so▫e. Ŧis kai cẖānaṇ sabẖ mėh cẖānaṇ ho▫e. Gur sākẖī joṯ pargat ho▫e. Jo ṯis bẖāvai so ārṯī ho▫e. ||3||
The Divine Light is within everyone; You are that Light. Yours is that Light which shines within everyone. By the Guru's Teachings, this Divine Light is revealed. That which pleases the Lord is the true worship service. ||3||
ਜੋਤਿ = ਚਾਣਨ, ਪ੍ਰਕਾਸ਼। ਸੋਇ = ਉਹ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ। ਤਿਸ ਕੈ ਚਾਨਣਿ = ਉਸ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦੇ ਚਾਨਣ ਨਾਲ। ਸਾਖੀ = ਸਿੱਖਿਆ ਨਾਲ।੩।

ਸਾਰੇ ਜੀਵਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਇਕੋ ਉਹੀ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਵਰਤ ਰਹੀ ਹੈ। ਉਸ ਜੋਤਿ ਦੇ ਪਰਕਾਸ਼ ਨਾਲ ਸਾਰੇ ਜੀਵਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਚਾਨਣ (ਸੂਝ-ਬੂਝ) ਹੈ। ਪਰ ਇਸ ਜੋਤਿ ਦਾ ਗਿਆਨ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਸਿੱਖਿਆ ਨਾਲ ਹੀ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ (ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਰਾਹੀਂ ਇਹ ਸਮਝ ਪੈਂਦੀ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਹਰੇਕ ਦੇ ਅੰਦਰ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਹੈ)। (ਇਸ ਸਰਬ-ਵਿਆਪਕ ਜੋਤਿ ਦੀ) ਆਰਤੀ ਇਹ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਜੋ ਕੁਝ ਉਸ ਦੀ ਰਜ਼ਾ ਵਿਚ ਹੋ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ ਉਹ ਜੀਵ ਨੂੰ ਚੰਗਾ ਲੱਗੇ (ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦੀ ਰਜ਼ਾ ਵਿਚ ਤੁਰਨਾ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦੀ ਆਰਤੀ ਕਰਨੀ ਹੈ)।੩।
ਹਰਿ ਚਰਣ ਕਮਲ ਮਕਰੰਦ ਲੋਭਿਤ ਮਨੋ ਅਨਦਿਨੋ ਮੋਹਿ ਆਹੀ ਪਿਆਸਾ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਜਲੁ ਦੇਹਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਾਰਿੰਗ ਕਉ ਹੋਇ ਜਾ ਤੇ ਤੇਰੈ ਨਾਮਿ ਵਾਸਾ ॥੪॥੧॥੭॥੯॥
हरि चरण कमल मकरंद लोभित मनो अनदिनो मोहि आही पिआसा ॥ क्रिपा जलु देहि नानक सारिंग कउ होइ जा ते तेरै नामि वासा ॥४॥१॥७॥९॥
Har cẖaraṇ kamal makranḏ lobẖiṯ mano anḏino mohi āhī pi▫āsā. Kirpā jal ḏėh Nānak sāring ka▫o ho▫e jā ṯe ṯerai nām vāsā. ||4||1||7||9||
My soul is enticed by the honey-sweet lotus feet of the Lord; night and day, I thirst for them. Bless Nanak, the thirsty song-bird, with the water of Your Mercy, that he may come to dwell in Your Name. ||4||1||7||9||
ਮਕਰੰਦ = ਫੁੱਲਾਂ ਦੀ ਵਿਚਲੀ ਧੂੜ {Pollen dust}, ਫੁੱਲਾਂ ਦਾ ਰਸ। ਮਨੋ = ਮਨ। ਅਨਦਿਨੋ = ਹਰ ਰੋਜ਼। ਮੋਹਿ = ਮੈਨੂੰ। ਆਹੀ = ਹੈ, ਰਹਿੰਦੀ ਹੈ। ਸਾਰਿੰਗ = ਪਪੀਹਾ। ਜਾ ਤੇ = ਜਿਸ ਨਾਲ। ਤੇਰੈ ਨਾਮਿ = ਤੇਰੇ ਨਾਮ ਵਿਚ।੪।

ਹੇ ਹਰੀ! ਤੇਰੇ ਚਰਨ-ਰੂਪ ਕੌਲ ਫੁੱਲਾਂ ਦੇ ਰਸ ਲਈ ਮੇਰਾ ਮਨ ਲਲਚਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ, ਹਰ ਰੋਜ਼ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਇਸੇ ਰਸ ਦੀ ਪਿਆਸ ਲੱਗੀ ਹੋਈ ਹੈ। ਮੈਨੂੰ ਨਾਨਕ ਪਪੀਹੇ ਨੂੰ ਆਪਣੀ ਮੇਹਰ ਦਾ ਜਲ ਦੇਹ, ਜਿਸ (ਦੀ ਬਰਕਤਿ) ਨਾਲ ਮੈਂ ਤੇਰੇ ਨਾਮ ਵਿਚ ਟਿਕਿਆ ਰਹਾਂ।੪।੧।੭।੯। ❀ ਨੋਟ: ਆਰਤੀ = {आरतिः, आरात्तिका} ਦੇਵਤੇ ਦੀ ਮੂਰਤੀ ਜਾਂ ਕਿਸੇ ਪੂਜਯ ਅੱਗੇ ਦੀਵੇ ਘੁਮਾ ਕੇ ਪੂਜਨ ਕਰਨਾ। ਹਿੰਦੂ ਮਤ ਅਨੁਸਾਰ ਚਾਰ ਵਾਰੀ ਚਰਨਾਂ ਅੱਗੇ, ਦੋ ਵਾਰੀ ਨਾਭੀ ਤੇ, ਇਕ ਵਾਰੀ ਮੂੰਹ ਉਤੇ ਅਤੇ ਸੱਤ ਵਾਰੀ ਸਾਰੇ ਸਰੀਰ ਉਤੇ ਦੀਵੇ ਘੁਮਾਣੇ ਚਾਹੀਦੇ ਹਨ। ਦੀਵੇ ਇਕ ਤੋਂ ਲੈ ਕੇ ਸੌ ਤਕ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਹਨ। ਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਨਕ ਦੇਵ ਜੀ ਨੇ ਇਸ ਆਰਤੀ ਦਾ ਨਿਖੇਧ ਕਰ ਕੇ ਕਰਤਾਰ ਦੀ ਕੁਦਰਤੀ ਆਰਤੀ ਆਰਤੀ ਦੀ ਵਡਿਆਈ ਕੀਤੀ ਹੈ। ❀ ਨੋਟ: ਅੰਕ ੧: 'ਆਰਤੀ' ਦਾ ਉਚੇਚਾ ਇਕ ਸ਼ਬਦ। ਅੰਕ ੭: 'ਘਰੁ ੨' 'ਘਰੁ ੩' ਦੇ ੭ ਸ਼ਬਦ। ਅੰਕ ੯: ਧਨਾਸਰੀ ਵਿਚ ਗੁਰੂ ਨਾਨਕ ਦੇਵ ਜੀ ਦੇ ਕੁੱਲ ਸ਼ਬਦ ੯।

http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&Param=663&g=1&h=1&r=1&t=1&p=0&k=1
Harry Haller veer ji, you got it brother?mundahug

Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scarlet Pimpernel

We seek him here,we sikh
Writer
SPNer
May 31, 2011
In the Self
Harry Veer Ji The musketeer might have over calculated, as we all know some people in the world don't have a personality at all and some have disorders which means they have more than one,but seriously I feel 'He' is much greater than the sum of the parts of one Cosmos, perhaps that is just one reality among many or if 'he' has a sense of humor perhaps he would let somebody add up one Cosmos and then create another just for fun.

Last edited:

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Harry Veer Ji The musketeer might have over calculated as we well know some people don't have a personality at all:mundabhangra:
sinner veer I could not calculate as I have to multiply some known numbers with potentially very large unknowns. You normally don't miss this kind of detail.

I don't want to be judgmental to say some had no personality among the approximately 26 in this thread. I sincerely believe in everyone being unique and consider that a good thing.

Sat Sri Akal.

Mar 5, 2010
New York City
God is the supreme being. He is the one who has given us our identity and personality. He is our reason for existance. If the question arises how can we connect to him, if he has no personality then my answer would be; the creator of all being does not need a personality. God has not one but many different aspects. God is loving, caring, kind, angry, giving, etc; these are also characteristics of personalities. We personally as individuals have to connect to God by ourself. When we connect to God our personality does not have anything to do with it. We connect to God through Shabad. Personality is work of the world and things we learn from living in it. Connection with God is acquired from within us.

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
God is the supreme being. He is the one who has given us our identity and personality. He is our reason for existance. If the question arises how can we connect to him, if he has no personality then my answer would be; the creator of all being does not need a personality. God has not one but many different aspects. God is loving, caring, kind, angry, giving, etc; these are also characteristics of personalities. We personally as individuals have to connect to God by ourself. When we connect to God our personality does not have anything to do with it. We connect to God through Shabad. Personality is work of the world and things we learn from living in it. Connection with God is acquired from within us.

Except in Sikhi, we do not see the One as angry. Ever. This is part of the meaning of Nirvair, isn't it?

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: