• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sukhmani Sahib Astpadi 1: Essence And Summary

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Guru Ji in the salok first offer respects to the creator as originator, time immemorial, truth and divine.

In First Astpadi of Sukhmani Sahib, Guru Arjan Dev ji first offer their respect in the salok that leads to the eight sabads. Guru Ji state attributes so recognizing the creator as the originator of all, time immemorial and inspiring.

The fundamental thesis of the first Astpadi is the identification of contemplation and gaining understanding of the one creator. The efficacy of such is enhanced in the company of pious. This is fundamental knowledge that helps the living live in the best ways with self, others and rest of creation.

Guru Ji help by identifying some tell tale signs of one’s progress as well as recognizing it in others. What are some of these? General feeling of wellness, creates a pure heart, honor, carefree, benevolent, held in gratitude by others and an ever awareness of goodness. Additionally there is as a result, reduction and riddance of negative attributes wasteful of our precious lives. These include anxiety, bitterness, fear of death, animosity.

Giving importance to the aspects of this fundamental and true knowledge Guru Ji greatly emphasizes it. In one stanza Guru ji says that even if someone has one grain of such knowledge and understanding, they are worthy of enormous praise. Such are so considered fortunate and as so blessed by the creator to receive the knowledge and understanding

Such forms a basis of all creation, oneness that unites all and the one creator that is everywhere. Noblest of all noble pursuits is such endeavor.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will start posting my understanding of Sukhmani Sahib Astpadi 2 later tomorrow (2011 12 14) unless I am asked not to do so by spn sangat.

Sat Sri Akal

REFERENCES:

Following Posts with my understanding (Ambarsaria) of Sukhmani Sahib Astpadi 1

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: