• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Lessons From God - What Happens When We Die? - Where Could We Go? - What Is Attachment & Detachment?

Aug 28, 2010
I think the key question is

can one find enlightenment through several teachers/syllabuses simultaneously?

It depends on the number of subjects you want to be enlightened.When the subject is only ONE and that is NAAM so you require only ONE TEACHER having perfect knowledge oof NAAM.

Second point of Consideration is that NAAM in Gurbanee is properly and very clearly is refered as MEDICINE(AUKHAD)...any one should get the meaning of the word AUKHAD from any dictionary.So if NAAM is a MEDICINE then there has to be prescrion for consuming this and this prescription is also being given by GuRu in SGGS.......

Prakash.S.Bagga

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
There is only one.

Try and be consistent Veerji, according to you, the Guru is the Doctor, by that analogy there are many Doctors, some of whom are not even qualified to practice, some of whom will just take your money and give you snake oil, and that very rare of creatures a Doctor who knows what he is doing and acts for the right reasons, although to be fair to Ambarsariaji, there are no Doctors in Sikhism, Sikhism is more about self help rather than relying on Doctors, so I guess that makes our Gurus surgeons

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
I think the key question is

can one find enlightenment through several teachers/syllabuses simultaneously?
Harry Haller ji the question is quite bright. wahmunda

The key issue is that if the fundamental learning is "One Truth", what does the syllabus say. Furthermore you have a full right to question the charges from the school, qualifications of the teachers, references from previous students, and so on.

For example Dehras, the Krishnamurtis, etc., so quickly will fall to the wayside. The Snatans, Vedas, etc., will fall to the wayside as stated in the SGGS. The teacher says you got to understand, you got to practice, you need to focus on understanding and not pens and pencils, etc.

Now judge for yourself.

Sat Sri Akal.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Harry Haller ji the question is quite bright. wahmunda

The key issue is that if the fundamental learning is "One Truth", what does the syllabus say. Furthermore you have a full right to question the charges from the school, qualifications of the teachers, references from previous students, and so on.

For example Dehras, the Krishnamurtis, etc., so quickly will fall to the wayside. The Snatans, Vedas, etc., will fall to the wayside as stated in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. The teacher says you got to understand, you got to practice, you need to focus on understanding and not pens and pencils, etc.

Now judge for yourself.

Sat Sri Akal.

If we stick with the teacher/student analogy, Guruji is the teacher, and the teaching is how to find the frequency of Creator, and then how to live by the qualities of Creator. Clearly there are different teaching styles, some teach using fear, some teach using a reward system, some teach by treating the student as stupid and encouraging a parroting system, I would like to think of Sikhism as for the mature student, teaching those that wish to learn, that are hungry for the learning.

So where does that leave those that gain study from more than one teacher? As long as you are clear about what you are attempting to learn, I see no great problem. For instance I would not wish to have teaching from Guruji on cooking, for that I would see a cookery teacher, if I wished to learn meditation, provided it was for the purposes of clearing my mind, not educating it, I would seek guidance from a meditation teacher, If I wished to stroke my chakras, I would go to a chakra teacher, I am open minded about all these things, they all sound great! The danger, in my view, is when such instruction conflicts with my teaching from Guruji. If I want to learn to cook, I do not wish to enter into debate with my cookery teacher as to why aubergines may make the enlightenment journey easier, anymore than I wish to debate with my meditation teacher why meditation makes enlightenment easier, taken individually, all these things are great and interesting and deserve study if the passion is there, but as soon as there is conflict with what Guruji says, one has to bow down to the higher authority, if one were to say that all teachers and teaching styles, and even subject matter is identical, then that clearly cannot be correct, those taught by fear, those taught by reward and those taught through love cannot all share the same outlook or understanding.

This then brings another question, consistency, if one is a student of many schools, clearly you cannot embrace each school of thought in its entirety, that would conflict, so you either have to take bits and pieces, at your discretion, which negates the need for a teacher, or spend each day as a different person, destroying whatever makes you, you.

Just my thoughts

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
If we stick with the teacher/student analogy, Guruji is the teacher, and the teaching is how to find the frequency of Creator, and then how to live by the qualities of Creator. Clearly there are different teaching styles, some teach using fear, some teach using a reward system, some teach by treating the student as stupid and encouraging a parroting system, I would like to think of Sikhism as for the mature student, teaching those that wish to learn, that are hungry for the learning.

So where does that leave those that gain study from more than one teacher? As long as you are clear about what you are attempting to learn, I see no great problem. For instance I would not wish to have teaching from Guruji on cooking, for that I would see a cookery teacher, if I wished to learn meditation, provided it was for the purposes of clearing my mind, not educating it, I would seek guidance from a meditation teacher, If I wished to stroke my chakras, I would go to a chakra teacher, I am open minded about all these things, they all sound great! The danger, in my view, is when such instruction conflicts with my teaching from Guruji. If I want to learn to cook, I do not wish to enter into debate with my cookery teacher as to why aubergines may make the enlightenment journey easier, anymore than I wish to debate with my meditation teacher why meditation makes enlightenment easier, taken individually, all these things are great and interesting and deserve study if the passion is there, but as soon as there is conflict with what Guruji says, one has to bow down to the higher authority, if one were to say that all teachers and teaching styles, and even subject matter is identical, then that clearly cannot be correct, those taught by fear, those taught by reward and those taught through love cannot all share the same outlook or understanding.

This then brings another question, consistency, if one is a student of many schools, clearly you cannot embrace each school of thought in its entirety, that would conflict, so you either have to take bits and pieces, at your discretion, which negates the need for a teacher, or spend each day as a different person, destroying whatever makes you, you.

Just my thoughts
Harry Haller veer ji great post.

In the above as underlined, you self answered the question about "Is Hindu/Sikh a valid Adherent?".

Rest of the stuff is common sense that is much lacking on followers of this Dehra, meditation, dream crowd which try to mix things up. Mixing up is a clear reflection of their own created flaws where they are mixing specific and deep understanding endeavors with generally frivilous hallucinations, mind rinsing through chanting, seeking Darshan, etc. This thread is full of such with some stubborn repeat offenders.

I like raising hell like this as people can insult me, etc., but as long as it has some possible long term positive outcome for others, I feel it net-net positive. I really don't count personally in all this. I am "dead" while alive.

The medicine and treatment regimen described in your post is life changing. Let us hope if one, two or three pick up on it.

Sat Sri Akal. mundahug

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Harry Haller veer ji great post.

In the above as underlined, you self answered the question about "Is Hindu/Sikh a valid Adherent?".

Rest of the stuff is common sense that is much lacking on followers of this Dehra, meditation, dream crowd which try to mix things up. Mixing up is a clear reflection of their own created flaws where they are mixing specific and deep understanding endeavors with generally frivilous hallucinations, mind rinsing through chanting, seeking Darshan, etc. This thread is full of such with some stubborn repeat offenders.

I like raising hell like this as people can insult me, etc., but as long as it has some possible long term positive outcome for others, I feel it net-net positive. I really don't count personally in all this. I am "dead" while alive.

The medicine and treatment regimen described in your post is life changing. Let us hope if one, two or three pick up on it.

Sat Sri Akal. mundahug

Veerji,

If you draw a 6 on your hand, it looks like a 6, but for someone looking at it facing you, it looks like a 9. You can both argue till you are blue in the face, but nothing is going to change how this number looks to either of you, the truth is being able to see it written, or having faith in the author, who first wrote the 6, all we can do is find the original sketches and drafts that prove it was always going to be a 6, but of others are sure it is a 9, that is their right and their choice, I for one, would not waste my time and energy trying to convince someone who saw a 9, that it was an upside down 6, in fact, I would have empathy for them, as mentally, I can see what they think they can see, a 9!

We are all on different paths, and at different times, who knows, our path may lead us to see that it was a 6, or anothers path may lead them to confirm it was a 9, I do not think anyone has the right to grab someone by the arm and force them off a path, we both came to our conclusions in our own free will and in our own free time, I think everyone deserves that courtesy.

However, as Sikhs, misinformation and short cuts should be exposed, our Gurus did this with humour, and sometimes sarcasm, they gently mocked, they clarified, but they always loved, I think in this spirit, we should defend what we to know to be right, not about the world, nor about the very subject of enlightenment, or even connection, but always on the subject of Sikh History, Sikh ideals and Sikh thinking, the matters of meditation, reincarnation, etc etc are not as important as recognising that the number one facet of being a Sikh is recognising that there are no short cuts, you either have understanding of what Guruji is trying to teach, or you do not.

What is Guruji trying to teach?

That the way to realise Creator is not mired in ritual, chanting, meditation, caste, previous lives, etc

you start with a clean sheet, and by your actions and thoughts you become who you are, some stay the same throughout life, some change on a daily basis, but until you are able to connect with what the Creator is all about, and then live it, each day you live is pointless.

That is my definition of the bottom line, I would welcome others

Aug 28, 2010
HARRY HALLAR ji,

There can be any relationship of persons mind with NAAM of CREATOR.
Creator is not bound by any one relationship.What we shared is just one out of many relationships.
The best relationship is considered to be that of like HUSBAND (CREATOR) and Yourself as WIFE.If any one can achieve and maintain this relationship with Creator...One is done.
And just a point for your consideration JAPu of NAAM results in cntact with the CREATOR but SIMRAN brings you in relationship with CREATOR (like that of Husband and wife).That is why SIMRAN is considered as the highest state.
A point to be considered
Any rectification from your side is welcome.
Prakash.S.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
HARRY HALLAR ji,

Creator is not bound by any one relationship.What we shared is just one out of many relationships.
The best relationship is considered to be that of like HUSBAND (CREATOR) and Yourself as WIFE.If any one can achieve and maintain this relationship with Creator...One is done.
And just a point for your consideration JAPu of NAAM results in cntact with the CREATOR but SIMRAN brings you in relationship with CREATOR (like that of Husband and wife).That is why SIMRAN is considered as the highest state.
A point to be considered
Prakash.S.Bagga
Prakash.S.Bagga ji interesting thoughts. Thank you.

So what you value more, "NAAMu/understanding" versus "Relationship"? How is a relationship possible without understanding? I would reverse the order actually. Relationship is just a bye-product of understanding. Without understanding there can be no relationship of a pure heart. Sure fake stuff but that is not the question in hand.

By the way Prakash.S.Bagga ji, Naam is understanding and Simran is contemplation to get understanding. So contemplation/SImran is not an end point.

Any comments.

Sat Sri Akal.

Aug 28, 2010
Prakash.S.Bagga ji interesting thoughts. Thank you.

So what you value more, "NAAMu/understanding" versus "Relationship"? How is a relationship possible without understanding? I would reverse the order actually. Relationship is just a bye-product of understanding. Without understanding there can be no relationship of a pure heart. Sure fake stuff but that is not the question in hand.

By the way Prakash.S.Bagga ji, Naam is understanding and Simran is contemplation to get understanding. So contemplation/SImran is not an end point.

Any comments.

Sat Sri Akal.

You may have a different way of understanding.But the facts stated in Gurbanee can not be altered or changed.
What is stated is all depends on the grace of SATiGuRu.//Without having met SatiGuRu nothing is possible.
Prakash.s.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
You may have a different way of understanding.But the facts stated in Gurbanee can not be altered or changed.
What is stated is all depends on the grace of SATiGuRu.//Without having met SatiGuRu nothing is possible.
Prakash.s.Bagga
Prakash.S.Bagga ji a comment on the underlined.

How did you appear in this world without meeting SATiGuRu? Is that even possible?

Awal Allah Noor - Mohinder Singh Bhalla. - YouTube

Sat Sri Akal.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
NOt at all............

Then why we need a GuRu ?

Prakash.s.Bagga
Prakash.S.Bagga ji just if one meets someone (say God/Creator) does not mean we understand who that is and all about them.

Guru (say Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji) is needed to help understand one that is all around. Whether you feel you met, you did not meet, you want to meet, etc., has little bearing on living in knowing? This is what our Guru ji and Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji emphasize as to see everywhere and understand as much as you can and live thereof.

Enjoy the music from the land of our Gurujis irrespective of religion​

More posted below at spn,

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/punjabi/38035-sain-mushtaq-by-naeem-jand-series.html

Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2010
Prakash.S.Bagga ji just if one meets someone (say God/Creator) does not mean we understand who that is and all about them.

Guru (say Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji) is needed to help understand one that is all around. Whether you feel you met, you did not meet, you want to meet, etc., has little bearing on living in knowing? This is what our Guru ji and Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji emphasize as to see everywhere and understand as much as you can and live thereof.

More posted below at spn,

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/punjabi/38035-sain-mushtaq-by-naeem-jand-series.html

Sat Sri Akal.

Thanks for these musical moments.
But I surprise How anyone can know without meeting that.
Prakash.S.Bagga

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
HARRY HALLAR ji,

Prakashji, firstly you clearly have not met anyone like my wife lol , secondly, surely a marriage is one of the most varied and personal institutions that exist, how can you possibly define relationship with Creator when such definitions of love exist between man and wife. Are you talking about the 'perfect' relationship?, indian love story?,the sexist one, man as in the abrahamic i am the lord and protector sense of marriage? if it is the pure love that exists between equal and loving adults, which is my idea of marriage that does not seem to work so well for me, I think it is misleading to define relationship with Creator as like any relationship known to human beings.How do you describe a relationship with something whose whole you do not know?

A point to be considered
Prakash.S.Bagga

:interestedsingh:

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010

Prakash.S.Bagga
Prakash.S.Bagga ji would the relationship of Wife (CREATOR) and Yourself as HUSBAND also work or not? I suppose this will apply for the FEMALE God/Creator situations. When you are trying to define relationships without knowing, you really are creating a dilemma for self and limiting your ability to learn by associating ralationships.

By the way the relationship/understanding and love of creator is rising and unconditional trajectory (kind of Chardhi Kalaah) in Sikhism through Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, how could it be encapsualted by anything worldly which has whims and such.

In conclusion, the limits on getting closer to creator we place on our selves by limiting the limitless, by making finite out of infinite, creating sex of creator to be male or female, and so on. Brother Sikhism through Guru jis and Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji has no such limits and it is an ever enriching understand-marvel-live; understand-marvel-live; ........ series that continues throughout life.

Sat Sri akal.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2010
:interestedsingh:

Pl look the following sabad and give me your views

ਆਸਾ ਮਹਲਾ ੧ ॥ ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਅਪਨੈ ਘਰਿ ਆਇਆ ਤਾ ਮਿਲਿ ਸਖੀਆ ਕਾਜੁ ਰਚਾਇਆ ॥ ਖੇਲੁ ਦੇਖਿ ਮਨਿ ਅਨਦੁ ਭਇਆ ਸਹੁ ਵੀਆਹਣ ਆਇਆ ॥੧॥ ਗਾਵਹੁ ਗਾਵਹੁ ਕਾਮਣੀ ਬਿਬੇਕ ਬੀਚਾਰੁ ॥ ਹਮਰੈ ਘਰਿ ਆਇਆ ਜਗਜੀਵਨੁ ਭਤਾਰੁ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੁਆਰੈ ਹਮਰਾ ਵੀਆਹੁ ਜਿ ਹੋਆ ਜਾਂ ਸਹੁ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਤਾਂ ਜਾਨਿਆ ॥ ਤਿਹੁ ਲੋਕਾ ਮਹਿ ਸਬਦੁ ਰਵਿਆ ਹੈ ਆਪੁ ਗਇਆ ਮਨੁ ਮਾਨਿਆ ॥੨॥ ਆਪਣਾ ਕਾਰਜੁ ਆਪਿ ਸਵਾਰੇ ਹੋਰਨਿ ਕਾਰਜੁ ਨ ਹੋਈ ॥ ਜਿਤੁ ਕਾਰਜਿ ਸਤੁ ਸੰਤੋਖੁ ਦਇਆ ਧਰਮੁ ਹੈ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਬੂਝੈ ਕੋਈ ॥੩॥ ਭਨਤਿ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਸਭਨਾ ਕਾ ਪਿਰੁ ਏਕੋ ਸੋਇ ॥ ਜਿਸ ਨੋ ਨਦਰਿ ਕਰੇ ਸਾ ਸੋਹਾਗਣਿ ਹੋਇ ॥੪॥੧੦॥ {ਪੰਨਾ 351}

Prakash.S.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
My understanding in blue outside of quotes.
Pl look the following sabad and give me your views

ਆਸਾ ਮਹਲਾ ੧ ॥ ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਅਪਨੈ ਘਰਿ ਆਇਆ ਤਾ ਮਿਲਿ ਸਖੀਆ ਕਾਜੁ ਰਚਾਇਆ ॥ ਖੇਲੁ ਦੇਖਿ ਮਨਿ ਅਨਦੁ ਭਇਆ ਸਹੁ ਵੀਆਹਣ ਆਇਆ ॥੧॥ ਗਾਵਹੁ ਗਾਵਹੁ ਕਾਮਣੀ ਬਿਬੇਕ ਬੀਚਾਰੁ ॥ ਹਮਰੈ ਘਰਿ ਆਇਆ ਜਗਜੀਵਨੁ ਭਤਾਰੁ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੁਆਰੈ ਹਮਰਾ ਵੀਆਹੁ ਜਿ ਹੋਆ ਜਾਂ ਸਹੁ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਤਾਂ ਜਾਨਿਆ ॥ ਤਿਹੁ ਲੋਕਾ ਮਹਿ ਸਬਦੁ ਰਵਿਆ ਹੈ ਆਪੁ ਗਇਆ ਮਨੁ ਮਾਨਿਆ ॥੨॥ ਆਪਣਾ ਕਾਰਜੁ ਆਪਿ ਸਵਾਰੇ ਹੋਰਨਿ ਕਾਰਜੁ ਨ ਹੋਈ ॥ ਜਿਤੁ ਕਾਰਜਿ ਸਤੁ ਸੰਤੋਖੁ ਦਇਆ ਧਰਮੁ ਹੈ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਬੂਝੈ ਕੋਈ ॥੩॥ ਭਨਤਿ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਸਭਨਾ ਕਾ ਪਿਰੁ ਏਕੋ ਸੋਇ ॥ ਜਿਸ ਨੋ ਨਦਰਿ ਕਰੇ ਸਾ ਸੋਹਾਗਣਿ ਹੋਇ ॥੪॥੧੦॥ {ਪੰਨਾ 351}

Prakash.S.Bagga
Some comments if helps,

Code:
[URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਆਸਾ"][COLOR=#0000ff]ਆਸਾ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਮਹਲਾ"][COLOR=#0000ff]ਮਹਲਾ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=੧"][COLOR=#0000ff]੧ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਆਸਾ"][COLOR=#0000ff]॥[/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਆਸਾ"]
आसा महला १ ॥ 
Āsā mėhlā 1. 

[/URL]
[URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਕਰਿ"][COLOR=blue]ਕਰਿ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਕਿਰਪਾ"][COLOR=blue]ਕਿਰਪਾ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਅਪਨੈ"][COLOR=blue]ਅਪਨੈ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਘਰਿ"][COLOR=blue]ਘਰਿ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਆਇਆ"][COLOR=blue]ਆਇਆ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਤਾ"][COLOR=blue]ਤਾ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਮਿਲਿ"][COLOR=blue]ਮਿਲਿ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਸਖੀਆ"][COLOR=blue]ਸਖੀਆ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਕਾਜੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਕਾਜੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਰਚਾਇਆ"][COLOR=blue]ਰਚਾਇਆ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਕਰਿ"][COLOR=blue]॥[/COLOR]
करि किरपा अपनै घरि आइआ ता मिलि सखीआ काजु रचाइआ ॥ 
Kar kirpā apnai gẖar ā▫i▫ā ṯā mil sakẖī▫ā kāj racẖā▫i▫ā. 

When by His Grace He came to my home, then my companions met together to celebrate my marriage. 

ਕਰਿ = ਕਰ ਕੇ। ਘਰਿ = ਘਰ ਵਿਚ, ਮੇਰੇ ਹਿਰਦੇ-ਘਰ ਵਿਚ। ਤਾ = ਤਦੋਂ {ਨੋਟ: ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ 'ਤਾ' ਦਾ ਭਾਵ ਸਮਝਣ ਵਾਸਤੇ ਪਹਿਲੀ ਤੁਕ ਦੇ ਨਾਲ ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ 'ਜਦੋਂ' ਵਰਤੋ}। ਮਿਲਿ = ਮਿਲ ਕੇ। ਸਖੀਆ = ਇੰਦ੍ਰੀਆਂ ਨੇ। ਕਾਜੁ = ਵਿਆਹ। ਕਾਜੁ ਰਚਾਇਆ = ਵਿਆਹ ਰਚਾ ਦਿੱਤਾ, ਪ੍ਰਭੂ-ਪਤੀ ਨਾਲ ਮੇਲ ਦੇ ਗੀਤ ਗਾਣੇ ਸ਼ੁਰੂ ਕਰ ਦਿੱਤੇ, ਪ੍ਰਭੂ-ਪਤੀ ਦੀ ਸਿਫ਼ਤਿ-ਸਾਲਾਹ ਵਲ ਪਰਤ ਪਈਆਂ।
ਜਦੋਂ ਮੇਰਾ ਖਸਮ-ਪ੍ਰਭੂ (ਮੈਨੂੰ ਜੀਵ-ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਨੂੰ ਅਪਣਾ ਕੇ ਮੇਰੇ ਹਿਰਦੇ ਨੂੰ ਆਪਣੇ ਰਹਿਣ ਦਾ ਘਰ ਬਣਾ ਕੇ) ਆਪਣੇ ਘਰ ਵਿਚ ਆ ਟਿਕਿਆ, ਤਾਂ ਮੇਰੀਆਂ ਸਹੇਲੀਆਂ ਨੇ ਮਿਲ ਕੇ (ਜੀਭ, ਅੱਖਾਂ, ਕੰਨਾਂ ਆਦਿਕ ਨੇ ਰਲ ਕੇ) ਪ੍ਰਭੂ-ਪਤੀ ਨਾਲ ਮੇਲ ਦੇ ਗੀਤ ਗਾਣੇ-ਸੁਣਨੇ ਸ਼ੁਰੂ ਕਰ ਦਿੱਤੇ। 
[/URL]
Came to the house by self grace, the friends organized a celebration

Code:
[URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਖੇਲੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਖੇਲੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਦੇਖਿ"][COLOR=blue]ਦੇਖਿ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਮਨਿ"][COLOR=blue]ਮਨਿ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਅਨਦੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਅਨਦੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਭਇਆ"][COLOR=blue]ਭਇਆ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਸਹੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਸਹੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਵੀਆਹਣ"][COLOR=blue]ਵੀਆਹਣ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਆਇਆ"][COLOR=blue]ਆਇਆ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਖੇਲੁ"][COLOR=blue]॥੧॥ [/COLOR]
खेलु देखि मनि अनदु भइआ सहु वीआहण आइआ ॥१॥ 
Kẖel ḏekẖ man anaḏ bẖa▫i▫ā saho vī▫āhaṇ ā▫i▫ā. ||1|| 

Beholding this play, my mind became blissful; my Husband Lord has come to marry me. ||1|| 

ਖੇਲੁ = ਵਿਆਹ ਦਾ ਖੇਲ, ਵਿਆਹ ਦਾ ਚਾਉ-ਮਲ੍ਹਾਰ। ਦੇਖਿ = ਵੇਖ ਕੇ। ਮਨਿ = ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ॥੧॥
ਮੇਰਾ ਖਸਮ-ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਵੀਆਹਣ ਆਇਆ ਹੈ (ਮੈਨੂੰ ਆਪਣੇ ਚਰਨਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਜੋੜਨ ਆਇਆ ਹੈ)-ਪ੍ਰਭੂ-ਮਿਲਾਪ ਲਈ ਇਹ ਉੱਦਮ ਵੇਖ ਕੇ ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ਆਨੰਦ ਪੈਦਾ ਹੋ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ ॥੧॥ 
[/URL]
Seeing the celebration felt happiness as though bridegroom came to wed

Code:
[URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਗਾਵਹੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਗਾਵਹੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਗਾਵਹੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਗਾਵਹੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਕਾਮਣੀ"][COLOR=blue]ਕਾਮਣੀ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਬਿਬੇਕ"][COLOR=blue]ਬਿਬੇਕ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਬੀਚਾਰੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਬੀਚਾਰੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਗਾਵਹੁ"][COLOR=blue]॥[/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਗਾਵਹੁ"]
गावहु गावहु कामणी बिबेक बीचारु ॥ 
Gāvhu gāvhu kāmṇī bibek bīcẖār. 

So sing - yes, sing the songs of wisdom and reflection, O brides. 

ਕਾਮਣੀ = ਹੇ ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀਓ! ਹੇ ਇੰਦ੍ਰੀਓ! ਬਿਬੇਕ = ਪਰਖ, ਗਿਆਨ। ਬਿਬੇਕ ਬੀਚਾਰੁ = ਗਿਆਨ ਪੈਦਾ ਕਰਨ ਵਾਲਾ ਖ਼ਿਆਲ, ਪ੍ਰਭੂ-ਪਤੀ ਨਾਲ ਡੂੰਘੀ ਸਾਂਝ ਪੈਦਾ ਕਰਨ ਵਾਲਾ ਗੀਤ।
ਹੇ ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀਓ! (ਹੇ ਮੇਰੇ ਗਿਆਨ-ਇੰਦ੍ਰਿਓ! ਚੰਗੇ ਮੰਦੇ ਦੀ) ਪਰਖ ਦੀ ਵਿਚਾਰ (ਪੈਦਾ ਕਰਨ ਵਾਲਾ ਗੀਤ) ਮੁੜ ਮੁੜ ਗਾਵੋ (ਹੇ ਮੇਰੀ ਜੀਭ! ਸਿਫ਼ਤਿ-ਸਾਲਾਹ ਵਿਚ ਜੁੜ; ਤਾਕਿ ਤੈਨੂੰ ਨਿੰਦਾ ਕਰਨ ਵਲੋਂ ਹਟਣ ਦੀ ਸੂਝ ਆ ਜਾਏ। ਹੇ ਮੇਰੇ ਕੰਨੋ! ਸਿਫ਼ਤਿ-ਸਾਲਾਹ ਦੇ ਗੀਤ ਸੁਣਦੇ ਰਹੋ, ਤਾਂ ਜੁ ਨਿੰਦਾ ਸੁਣਨ ਦੀ ਬਾਣ ਹਟੇ)। [/URL]
Sing oh cohorts sing the wisdom generating song

Code:
[URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਹਮਰੈ"][COLOR=blue]ਹਮਰੈ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਘਰਿ"][COLOR=blue]ਘਰਿ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਆਇਆ"][COLOR=blue]ਆਇਆ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਜਗਜੀਵਨੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਜਗਜੀਵਨੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਭਤਾਰੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਭਤਾਰੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=॥੧॥"][COLOR=blue]॥੧॥ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਰਹਾਉ"][COLOR=blue]ਰਹਾਉ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਹਮਰੈ"][COLOR=blue]॥[/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਹਮਰੈ"]
हमरै घरि आइआ जगजीवनु भतारु ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥ 
Hamrai gẖar ā▫i▫ā jagjīvan bẖaṯār. ||1|| rahā▫o. 

My spouse, the Life of the world, has come into my home. ||1||Pause|| 

ਜਗਜੀਵਨੁ = ਸਾਰੇ ਜਗਤ ਦੀ ਜ਼ਿੰਦਗੀ (ਦਾ ਆਸਰਾ)। ਭਤਾਰੁ = ਖਸਮ-ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਸਾਡੇ ਘਰ ਵਿਚ (ਮੇਰੇ ਹਿਰਦੇ-ਘਰ ਵਿਚ) ਉਹ ਖਸਮ-ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਆ ਵੱਸਿਆ ਹੈ ਜੋ ਸਾਰੇ ਜਗਤ ਦੀ ਜ਼ਿੰਦਗੀ (ਦਾ ਆਸਰਾ) ਹੈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ 
[/URL]
Sustainer protector of all has come to our house

Code:
[URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਗੁਰੂ"][COLOR=blue]ਗੁਰੂ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਦੁਆਰੈ"][COLOR=blue]ਦੁਆਰੈ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਹਮਰਾ"][COLOR=blue]ਹਮਰਾ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਵੀਆਹੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਵੀਆਹੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਜਿ"][COLOR=blue]ਜਿ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਹੋਆ"][COLOR=blue]ਹੋਆ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਜਾਂ"][COLOR=blue]ਜਾਂ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਸਹੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਸਹੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਮਿਲਿਆ"][COLOR=blue]ਮਿਲਿਆ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਤਾਂ"][COLOR=blue]ਤਾਂ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਜਾਨਿਆ"][COLOR=blue]ਜਾਨਿਆ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਗੁਰੂ"][COLOR=blue]॥[/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਗੁਰੂ"]
गुरू दुआरै हमरा वीआहु जि होआ जां सहु मिलिआ तां जानिआ ॥ 
Gurū ḏu▫ārai hamrā vī▫āhu jė ho▫ā jāʼn saho mili▫ā ṯāʼn jāni▫ā. 

When I was married within the Gurdwara, the Guru's Gate, I met my Husband Lord, and I came to know Him. 

ਗੁਰੂ ਦੁਆਰੈ = ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਦਰ ਤੇ (ਪੈ ਕੇ), ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਸਰਨ ਪਿਆਂ। ਜਾਂ = ਜਦੋਂ। ਤਾਂ = ਤਦੋਂ। ਜਾਨਿਆ = ਜਾਣ ਲਿਆ, ਪਛਾਣ ਲਿਆ, ਡੂੰਘੀ ਸਾਂਝ ਪਾ ਲਈ, ਪੂਰੀ ਸਮਝ ਆ ਗਈ।
ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਸਰਨ ਪਿਆਂ ਸਾਡਾ ਇਹ ਵਿਆਹ ਹੋਇਆ (ਗੁਰੂ ਨੇ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ-ਪਤੀ ਨਾਲ ਜੋੜਿਆ), ਜਦੋਂ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਖਸਮ-ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਮਿਲ ਪਿਆ, ਤਦੋਂ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਸਮਝ ਪੈ ਗਈ- 
[/URL]
The Union that happened at the doorstep of the creator, when met the husband so I understood

Code:
[URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਤਿਹੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਤਿਹੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਲੋਕਾ"][COLOR=blue]ਲੋਕਾ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਮਹਿ"][COLOR=blue]ਮਹਿ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਸਬਦੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਸਬਦੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਰਵਿਆ"][COLOR=blue]ਰਵਿਆ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਹੈ"][COLOR=blue]ਹੈ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਆਪੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਆਪੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਗਇਆ"][COLOR=blue]ਗਇਆ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਮਨੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਮਨੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਮਾਨਿਆ"][COLOR=blue]ਮਾਨਿਆ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਤਿਹੁ"][COLOR=blue]॥੨॥[/COLOR]
तिहु लोका महि सबदु रविआ है आपु गइआ मनु मानिआ ॥२॥ 
Ŧihu lokā mėh sabaḏ ravi▫ā hai āp ga▫i▫ā man māni▫ā. ||2|| 

The Word of His Shabad is pervading the three worlds; when my ego was quieted, my mind became happy. ||2|| 

ਤਿਹੁ = ਤਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਹੀ। ਸਬਦੁ = ਜੀਵਨ-ਰੌ (ਹੋ ਕੇ)। ਰਵਿਆ = ਵਿਆਪਕ ਹੈ। ਆਪੁ = ਆਪਾ-ਭਾਵ, ਸੁਆਰਥ। ਮਾਨਿਆ = ਮੰਨ ਗਿਆ, ਗਿੱਝ ਗਿਆ ॥੨॥
ਕਿ ਉਹ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਜੀਵਨ-ਰੌ ਬਣ ਕੇ ਸਾਰੇ ਜਗਤ ਵਿਚ ਵਿਆਪਕ ਹੋ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ। ਮੇਰੇ ਅੰਦਰੋਂ ਆਪਾ-ਭਾਵ ਦੂਰ ਹੋ ਗਿਆ, ਮੇਰਾ ਮਨ ਉਸ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ-ਪਤੀ ਦੀ ਯਾਦ ਵਿਚ ਗਿੱਝ ਗਿਆ ॥੨॥ 
[/URL]
Those people imbued with the true words have ridden of the ego and established in the mind
Code:
[URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਆਪਣਾ"][COLOR=blue]ਆਪਣਾ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਕਾਰਜੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਕਾਰਜੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਆਪਿ"][COLOR=blue]ਆਪਿ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਸਵਾਰੇ"][COLOR=blue]ਸਵਾਰੇ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਹੋਰਨਿ"][COLOR=blue]ਹੋਰਨਿ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਕਾਰਜੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਕਾਰਜੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਨ"][COLOR=blue]ਨ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਹੋਈ"][COLOR=blue]ਹੋਈ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਆਪਣਾ"][COLOR=blue]॥[/COLOR]
आपणा कारजु आपि सवारे होरनि कारजु न होई ॥ 
Āpṇā kāraj āp savāre horan kāraj na ho▫ī. 

He Himself arranges His own affairs; His affairs cannot be arranged by anyone else. 

ਕਾਰਜੁ = ਕਾਜੁ, ਵਿਆਹ ਦਾ ਉੱਦਮ, ਮੇਲ ਦਾ ਪ੍ਰਬੰਧ। ਹੋਰਨਿ = ਕਿਸੇ ਹੋਰ ਪਾਸੋਂ।
ਪ੍ਰਭੂ-ਪਤੀ ਜੀਵ-ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਨੂੰ ਆਪਣੇ ਨਾਲ ਮਿਲਾਣ ਦਾ ਇਹ ਕੰਮ ਆਪਣਾ ਸਮਝਦਾ ਹੈ, ਤੇ ਆਪ ਹੀ ਇਸ ਕਾਰਜ ਨੂੰ ਸਿਰੇ ਚਾੜ੍ਹਦਾ ਹੈ, ਕਿਸੇ ਹੋਰ ਪਾਸੋਂ ਇਹ ਕੰਮ ਸਿਰੇ ਨਹੀਂ ਚਾੜ੍ਹਿਆ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ। 
[/URL]
So completes own endeavor no one else can do so
Code:
[URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਜਿਤੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਜਿਤੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਕਾਰਜਿ"][COLOR=blue]ਕਾਰਜਿ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਸਤੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਸਤੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਸੰਤੋਖੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਸੰਤੋਖੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਦਇਆ"][COLOR=blue]ਦਇਆ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਧਰਮੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਧਰਮੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਹੈ"][COLOR=blue]ਹੈ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ"][COLOR=blue]ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਬੂਝੈ"][COLOR=blue]ਬੂਝੈ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਕੋਈ"][COLOR=blue]ਕੋਈ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਜਿਤੁ"][COLOR=blue]॥੩॥[/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਜਿਤੁ"]
जितु कारजि सतु संतोखु दइआ धरमु है गुरमुखि बूझै कोई ॥३॥ 
Jiṯ kāraj saṯ sanṯokẖ ḏa▫i▫ā ḏẖaram hai gurmukẖ būjẖai ko▫ī. ||3|| 
By the affair of this marriage, truth, contentment, mercy and faith are produced; but how rare is that Gurmukh who understands it! ||3|| 

ਜਿਤੁ ਕਾਰਜਿ = ਜਿਸ ਕਾਜ ਦੀ ਰਾਹੀਂ, ਜਿਸ ਵਿਆਹ ਦੀ ਰਾਹੀਂ, ਜਿਸ ਮੇਲ ਦੀ ਬਰਕਤਿ ਨਾਲ। ਹੈ = ਪੈਦਾ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ ॥੩॥
ਇਸ ਮੇਲ ਦੀ ਬਰਕਤਿ ਨਾਲ (ਜੀਵ-ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਦੇ ਅੰਦਰ) ਸੇਵਾ ਸੰਤੋਖ ਦਇਆ ਧਰਮ ਆਦਿਕ ਗੁਣ ਪੈਦਾ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਹਨ। ਇਸ ਭੇਤ ਨੂੰ ਉਹੀ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਸਮਝਦਾ ਹੈ ਜੋ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਸਨਮੁਖ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ ॥੩॥ [/URL]
Endeavors that result in truth, contentment, compassion and pious ways, only few so facing the creator realize

Code:
[URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਭਨਤਿ"][COLOR=blue]ਭਨਤਿ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਨਾਨਕੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਨਾਨਕੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਸਭਨਾ"][COLOR=blue]ਸਭਨਾ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਕਾ"][COLOR=blue]ਕਾ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਪਿਰੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਪਿਰੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਏਕੋ"][COLOR=blue]ਏਕੋ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਸੋਇ"][COLOR=blue]ਸੋਇ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਭਨਤਿ"][COLOR=blue]॥[/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਭਨਤਿ"]
भनति नानकु सभना का पिरु एको सोइ ॥ 
Bẖanaṯ Nānak sabẖnā kā pir eko so▫e. 
Says Nanak, that Lord alone is the Husband of all. 

ਭਨਤਿ = ਆਖਦਾ ਹੈ। ਪਿਰੁ = ਖਸਮ।
ਨਾਨਕ ਆਖਦਾ ਹੈ-(ਭਾਵੇਂ ਜੀਕਰ) ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਹੀ ਸਭ ਜੀਵ-ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀਆਂ ਦਾ ਪਤੀ ਹੈ, 
[/URL]
Nanak says, only one custodian of all

Code:
[URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਜਿਸ"][COLOR=blue]ਜਿਸ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਨੋ"][COLOR=blue]ਨੋ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਨਦਰਿ"][COLOR=blue]ਨਦਰਿ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਕਰੇ"][COLOR=blue]ਕਰੇ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਸਾ"][COLOR=blue]ਸਾ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਸੋਹਾਗਣਿ"][COLOR=blue]ਸੋਹਾਗਣਿ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਹੋਇ"][COLOR=blue]ਹੋਇ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਜਿਸ"][COLOR=blue]॥੪॥੧੦॥[/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਜਿਸ"]
जिस नो नदरि करे सा सोहागणि होइ ॥४॥१०॥ 
Jis no naḏar kare sā sohagaṇ ho▫e. ||4||10|| 

She, upon whom He casts His Glance of Grace, becomes the happy soul-bride. ||4||10|| 

ਨਦਰਿ = ਕਿਰਪਾ ਦੀ ਦ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟੀ, ਮੇਹਰ ਦੀ ਨਿਗਾਹ। ਸੋਹਾਗਣਿ = ਚੰਗੇ ਭਾਗਾਂ ਵਾਲੀ, ਖਸਮ ਵਾਲੀ ॥੪॥੧੦॥
(ਫਿਰ ਭੀ) ਜਿਸ ਉਤੇ ਮੇਹਰ ਦੀ ਨਿਗਾਹ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ (ਜਿਸ ਦੇ ਹਿਰਦੇ ਵਿਚ ਆ ਕੇ ਪਰਗਟ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ) ਉਹੀ ਭਾਗਾਂ ਵਾਲੀ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੈ ॥੪॥੧੦॥
[/URL]
One so blissfully looked at is the fortunate one

ESSENCE: Guru Nanak Dev ji liken and describe in this sabad the joy of acquaintance with the creator. He likens it in parts to the joyous environment of bride's house in anticipation. The singing of virtues and truth.

Self grace brings the creator's acquaintance, so imbues minds as ego is rid. Such only through the one creator and by such. A few realize such goings on that demonstrate truth, contentment, compassion and pious ways.

Guru ji conclude there being only one such creator and one in gaze of such is fortunate.
All errors are mine and I stand corrected.

Sat Sri Akal.

PS: For Prakash.S.Bagga ji in case he wants to interpret Kajal/Bride to be himself and Salman Khan to be God/Creator metaphorically speaking,

Sajan Ji Ghar Aaye - YouTube

No offense just we need to lighten up and give up on superficial associations as Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is incredibly truth centric with lot of context and metphoric usage and brilliant poetic renditions. We can not take a sabad to establish that it creates "Husband/creator" and "wife/us" relationship; or that God/Creator is finite and of form; etc.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2010
My understanding in blue outside of quotes.
Some comments if helps,

Code:
[URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਆਸਾ"][COLOR=#0000ff]ਆਸਾ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਮਹਲਾ"][COLOR=#0000ff]ਮਹਲਾ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=੧"][COLOR=#0000ff]੧ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਆਸਾ"][COLOR=#0000ff]॥[/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਆਸਾ"]
आसा महला १ ॥ 
Āsā mėhlā 1. 

[/URL]
[URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਕਰਿ"][COLOR=blue]ਕਰਿ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਕਿਰਪਾ"][COLOR=blue]ਕਿਰਪਾ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਅਪਨੈ"][COLOR=blue]ਅਪਨੈ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਘਰਿ"][COLOR=blue]ਘਰਿ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਆਇਆ"][COLOR=blue]ਆਇਆ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਤਾ"][COLOR=blue]ਤਾ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਮਿਲਿ"][COLOR=blue]ਮਿਲਿ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਸਖੀਆ"][COLOR=blue]ਸਖੀਆ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਕਾਜੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਕਾਜੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਰਚਾਇਆ"][COLOR=blue]ਰਚਾਇਆ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਕਰਿ"][COLOR=blue]॥[/COLOR]
करि किरपा अपनै घरि आइआ ता मिलि सखीआ काजु रचाइआ ॥ 
Kar kirpā apnai gẖar ā▫i▫ā ṯā mil sakẖī▫ā kāj racẖā▫i▫ā. 

When by His Grace He came to my home, then my companions met together to celebrate my marriage. 

ਕਰਿ = ਕਰ ਕੇ। ਘਰਿ = ਘਰ ਵਿਚ, ਮੇਰੇ ਹਿਰਦੇ-ਘਰ ਵਿਚ। ਤਾ = ਤਦੋਂ {ਨੋਟ: ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ 'ਤਾ' ਦਾ ਭਾਵ ਸਮਝਣ ਵਾਸਤੇ ਪਹਿਲੀ ਤੁਕ ਦੇ ਨਾਲ ਲਫ਼ਜ਼ 'ਜਦੋਂ' ਵਰਤੋ}। ਮਿਲਿ = ਮਿਲ ਕੇ। ਸਖੀਆ = ਇੰਦ੍ਰੀਆਂ ਨੇ। ਕਾਜੁ = ਵਿਆਹ। ਕਾਜੁ ਰਚਾਇਆ = ਵਿਆਹ ਰਚਾ ਦਿੱਤਾ, ਪ੍ਰਭੂ-ਪਤੀ ਨਾਲ ਮੇਲ ਦੇ ਗੀਤ ਗਾਣੇ ਸ਼ੁਰੂ ਕਰ ਦਿੱਤੇ, ਪ੍ਰਭੂ-ਪਤੀ ਦੀ ਸਿਫ਼ਤਿ-ਸਾਲਾਹ ਵਲ ਪਰਤ ਪਈਆਂ।
ਜਦੋਂ ਮੇਰਾ ਖਸਮ-ਪ੍ਰਭੂ (ਮੈਨੂੰ ਜੀਵ-ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਨੂੰ ਅਪਣਾ ਕੇ ਮੇਰੇ ਹਿਰਦੇ ਨੂੰ ਆਪਣੇ ਰਹਿਣ ਦਾ ਘਰ ਬਣਾ ਕੇ) ਆਪਣੇ ਘਰ ਵਿਚ ਆ ਟਿਕਿਆ, ਤਾਂ ਮੇਰੀਆਂ ਸਹੇਲੀਆਂ ਨੇ ਮਿਲ ਕੇ (ਜੀਭ, ਅੱਖਾਂ, ਕੰਨਾਂ ਆਦਿਕ ਨੇ ਰਲ ਕੇ) ਪ੍ਰਭੂ-ਪਤੀ ਨਾਲ ਮੇਲ ਦੇ ਗੀਤ ਗਾਣੇ-ਸੁਣਨੇ ਸ਼ੁਰੂ ਕਰ ਦਿੱਤੇ। 
[/URL]
Came to the house by self grace, the friends organized a celebration

Code:
[URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਖੇਲੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਖੇਲੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਦੇਖਿ"][COLOR=blue]ਦੇਖਿ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਮਨਿ"][COLOR=blue]ਮਨਿ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਅਨਦੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਅਨਦੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਭਇਆ"][COLOR=blue]ਭਇਆ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਸਹੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਸਹੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਵੀਆਹਣ"][COLOR=blue]ਵੀਆਹਣ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਆਇਆ"][COLOR=blue]ਆਇਆ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਖੇਲੁ"][COLOR=blue]॥੧॥ [/COLOR]
खेलु देखि मनि अनदु भइआ सहु वीआहण आइआ ॥१॥ 
Kẖel ḏekẖ man anaḏ bẖa▫i▫ā saho vī▫āhaṇ ā▫i▫ā. ||1|| 

Beholding this play, my mind became blissful; my Husband Lord has come to marry me. ||1|| 

ਖੇਲੁ = ਵਿਆਹ ਦਾ ਖੇਲ, ਵਿਆਹ ਦਾ ਚਾਉ-ਮਲ੍ਹਾਰ। ਦੇਖਿ = ਵੇਖ ਕੇ। ਮਨਿ = ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ॥੧॥
ਮੇਰਾ ਖਸਮ-ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਵੀਆਹਣ ਆਇਆ ਹੈ (ਮੈਨੂੰ ਆਪਣੇ ਚਰਨਾਂ ਵਿਚ ਜੋੜਨ ਆਇਆ ਹੈ)-ਪ੍ਰਭੂ-ਮਿਲਾਪ ਲਈ ਇਹ ਉੱਦਮ ਵੇਖ ਕੇ ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨ ਵਿਚ ਆਨੰਦ ਪੈਦਾ ਹੋ ਗਿਆ ਹੈ ॥੧॥ 
[/URL]
Seeing the celebration felt happiness as though bridegroom came to wed

Code:
[URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਗਾਵਹੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਗਾਵਹੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਗਾਵਹੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਗਾਵਹੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਕਾਮਣੀ"][COLOR=blue]ਕਾਮਣੀ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਬਿਬੇਕ"][COLOR=blue]ਬਿਬੇਕ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਬੀਚਾਰੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਬੀਚਾਰੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਗਾਵਹੁ"][COLOR=blue]॥[/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਗਾਵਹੁ"]
गावहु गावहु कामणी बिबेक बीचारु ॥ 
Gāvhu gāvhu kāmṇī bibek bīcẖār. 

So sing - yes, sing the songs of wisdom and reflection, O brides. 

ਕਾਮਣੀ = ਹੇ ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀਓ! ਹੇ ਇੰਦ੍ਰੀਓ! ਬਿਬੇਕ = ਪਰਖ, ਗਿਆਨ। ਬਿਬੇਕ ਬੀਚਾਰੁ = ਗਿਆਨ ਪੈਦਾ ਕਰਨ ਵਾਲਾ ਖ਼ਿਆਲ, ਪ੍ਰਭੂ-ਪਤੀ ਨਾਲ ਡੂੰਘੀ ਸਾਂਝ ਪੈਦਾ ਕਰਨ ਵਾਲਾ ਗੀਤ।
ਹੇ ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀਓ! (ਹੇ ਮੇਰੇ ਗਿਆਨ-ਇੰਦ੍ਰਿਓ! ਚੰਗੇ ਮੰਦੇ ਦੀ) ਪਰਖ ਦੀ ਵਿਚਾਰ (ਪੈਦਾ ਕਰਨ ਵਾਲਾ ਗੀਤ) ਮੁੜ ਮੁੜ ਗਾਵੋ (ਹੇ ਮੇਰੀ ਜੀਭ! ਸਿਫ਼ਤਿ-ਸਾਲਾਹ ਵਿਚ ਜੁੜ; ਤਾਕਿ ਤੈਨੂੰ ਨਿੰਦਾ ਕਰਨ ਵਲੋਂ ਹਟਣ ਦੀ ਸੂਝ ਆ ਜਾਏ। ਹੇ ਮੇਰੇ ਕੰਨੋ! ਸਿਫ਼ਤਿ-ਸਾਲਾਹ ਦੇ ਗੀਤ ਸੁਣਦੇ ਰਹੋ, ਤਾਂ ਜੁ ਨਿੰਦਾ ਸੁਣਨ ਦੀ ਬਾਣ ਹਟੇ)। [/URL]
Sing oh cohorts sing the wisdom generating song

Code:
[URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਹਮਰੈ"][COLOR=blue]ਹਮਰੈ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਘਰਿ"][COLOR=blue]ਘਰਿ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਆਇਆ"][COLOR=blue]ਆਇਆ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਜਗਜੀਵਨੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਜਗਜੀਵਨੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਭਤਾਰੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਭਤਾਰੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=॥੧॥"][COLOR=blue]॥੧॥ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਰਹਾਉ"][COLOR=blue]ਰਹਾਉ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਹਮਰੈ"][COLOR=blue]॥[/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਹਮਰੈ"]
हमरै घरि आइआ जगजीवनु भतारु ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥ 
Hamrai gẖar ā▫i▫ā jagjīvan bẖaṯār. ||1|| rahā▫o. 

My spouse, the Life of the world, has come into my home. ||1||Pause|| 

ਜਗਜੀਵਨੁ = ਸਾਰੇ ਜਗਤ ਦੀ ਜ਼ਿੰਦਗੀ (ਦਾ ਆਸਰਾ)। ਭਤਾਰੁ = ਖਸਮ-ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਸਾਡੇ ਘਰ ਵਿਚ (ਮੇਰੇ ਹਿਰਦੇ-ਘਰ ਵਿਚ) ਉਹ ਖਸਮ-ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਆ ਵੱਸਿਆ ਹੈ ਜੋ ਸਾਰੇ ਜਗਤ ਦੀ ਜ਼ਿੰਦਗੀ (ਦਾ ਆਸਰਾ) ਹੈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ 
[/URL]
Sustainer protector of all has come to our house

Code:
[URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਗੁਰੂ"][COLOR=blue]ਗੁਰੂ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਦੁਆਰੈ"][COLOR=blue]ਦੁਆਰੈ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਹਮਰਾ"][COLOR=blue]ਹਮਰਾ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਵੀਆਹੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਵੀਆਹੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਜਿ"][COLOR=blue]ਜਿ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਹੋਆ"][COLOR=blue]ਹੋਆ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਜਾਂ"][COLOR=blue]ਜਾਂ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਸਹੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਸਹੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਮਿਲਿਆ"][COLOR=blue]ਮਿਲਿਆ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਤਾਂ"][COLOR=blue]ਤਾਂ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਜਾਨਿਆ"][COLOR=blue]ਜਾਨਿਆ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਗੁਰੂ"][COLOR=blue]॥[/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਗੁਰੂ"]
गुरू दुआरै हमरा वीआहु जि होआ जां सहु मिलिआ तां जानिआ ॥ 
Gurū ḏu▫ārai hamrā vī▫āhu jė ho▫ā jāʼn saho mili▫ā ṯāʼn jāni▫ā. 

When I was married within the Gurdwara, the Guru's Gate, I met my Husband Lord, and I came to know Him. 

ਗੁਰੂ ਦੁਆਰੈ = ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਦਰ ਤੇ (ਪੈ ਕੇ), ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਸਰਨ ਪਿਆਂ। ਜਾਂ = ਜਦੋਂ। ਤਾਂ = ਤਦੋਂ। ਜਾਨਿਆ = ਜਾਣ ਲਿਆ, ਪਛਾਣ ਲਿਆ, ਡੂੰਘੀ ਸਾਂਝ ਪਾ ਲਈ, ਪੂਰੀ ਸਮਝ ਆ ਗਈ।
ਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਸਰਨ ਪਿਆਂ ਸਾਡਾ ਇਹ ਵਿਆਹ ਹੋਇਆ (ਗੁਰੂ ਨੇ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ-ਪਤੀ ਨਾਲ ਜੋੜਿਆ), ਜਦੋਂ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਖਸਮ-ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਮਿਲ ਪਿਆ, ਤਦੋਂ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਸਮਝ ਪੈ ਗਈ- 
[/URL]
The Union that happened at the doorstep of the creator, when met the husband so I understood

Code:
[URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਤਿਹੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਤਿਹੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਲੋਕਾ"][COLOR=blue]ਲੋਕਾ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਮਹਿ"][COLOR=blue]ਮਹਿ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਸਬਦੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਸਬਦੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਰਵਿਆ"][COLOR=blue]ਰਵਿਆ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਹੈ"][COLOR=blue]ਹੈ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਆਪੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਆਪੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਗਇਆ"][COLOR=blue]ਗਇਆ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਮਨੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਮਨੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਮਾਨਿਆ"][COLOR=blue]ਮਾਨਿਆ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਤਿਹੁ"][COLOR=blue]॥੨॥[/COLOR]
तिहु लोका महि सबदु रविआ है आपु गइआ मनु मानिआ ॥२॥ 
Ŧihu lokā mėh sabaḏ ravi▫ā hai āp ga▫i▫ā man māni▫ā. ||2|| 

The Word of His Shabad is pervading the three worlds; when my ego was quieted, my mind became happy. ||2|| 

ਤਿਹੁ = ਤਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਹੀ। ਸਬਦੁ = ਜੀਵਨ-ਰੌ (ਹੋ ਕੇ)। ਰਵਿਆ = ਵਿਆਪਕ ਹੈ। ਆਪੁ = ਆਪਾ-ਭਾਵ, ਸੁਆਰਥ। ਮਾਨਿਆ = ਮੰਨ ਗਿਆ, ਗਿੱਝ ਗਿਆ ॥੨॥
ਕਿ ਉਹ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਜੀਵਨ-ਰੌ ਬਣ ਕੇ ਸਾਰੇ ਜਗਤ ਵਿਚ ਵਿਆਪਕ ਹੋ ਰਿਹਾ ਹੈ। ਮੇਰੇ ਅੰਦਰੋਂ ਆਪਾ-ਭਾਵ ਦੂਰ ਹੋ ਗਿਆ, ਮੇਰਾ ਮਨ ਉਸ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ-ਪਤੀ ਦੀ ਯਾਦ ਵਿਚ ਗਿੱਝ ਗਿਆ ॥੨॥ 
[/URL]
Those people imbued with the true words have ridden of the ego and established in the mind
Code:
[URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਆਪਣਾ"][COLOR=blue]ਆਪਣਾ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਕਾਰਜੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਕਾਰਜੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਆਪਿ"][COLOR=blue]ਆਪਿ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਸਵਾਰੇ"][COLOR=blue]ਸਵਾਰੇ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਹੋਰਨਿ"][COLOR=blue]ਹੋਰਨਿ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਕਾਰਜੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਕਾਰਜੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਨ"][COLOR=blue]ਨ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਹੋਈ"][COLOR=blue]ਹੋਈ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਆਪਣਾ"][COLOR=blue]॥[/COLOR]
आपणा कारजु आपि सवारे होरनि कारजु न होई ॥ 
Āpṇā kāraj āp savāre horan kāraj na ho▫ī. 

He Himself arranges His own affairs; His affairs cannot be arranged by anyone else. 

ਕਾਰਜੁ = ਕਾਜੁ, ਵਿਆਹ ਦਾ ਉੱਦਮ, ਮੇਲ ਦਾ ਪ੍ਰਬੰਧ। ਹੋਰਨਿ = ਕਿਸੇ ਹੋਰ ਪਾਸੋਂ।
ਪ੍ਰਭੂ-ਪਤੀ ਜੀਵ-ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਨੂੰ ਆਪਣੇ ਨਾਲ ਮਿਲਾਣ ਦਾ ਇਹ ਕੰਮ ਆਪਣਾ ਸਮਝਦਾ ਹੈ, ਤੇ ਆਪ ਹੀ ਇਸ ਕਾਰਜ ਨੂੰ ਸਿਰੇ ਚਾੜ੍ਹਦਾ ਹੈ, ਕਿਸੇ ਹੋਰ ਪਾਸੋਂ ਇਹ ਕੰਮ ਸਿਰੇ ਨਹੀਂ ਚਾੜ੍ਹਿਆ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ। 
[/URL]
So completes own endeavor no one else can do so
Code:
[URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਜਿਤੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਜਿਤੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਕਾਰਜਿ"][COLOR=blue]ਕਾਰਜਿ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਸਤੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਸਤੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਸੰਤੋਖੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਸੰਤੋਖੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਦਇਆ"][COLOR=blue]ਦਇਆ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਧਰਮੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਧਰਮੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਹੈ"][COLOR=blue]ਹੈ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ"][COLOR=blue]ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਬੂਝੈ"][COLOR=blue]ਬੂਝੈ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਕੋਈ"][COLOR=blue]ਕੋਈ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਜਿਤੁ"][COLOR=blue]॥੩॥[/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਜਿਤੁ"]
जितु कारजि सतु संतोखु दइआ धरमु है गुरमुखि बूझै कोई ॥३॥ 
Jiṯ kāraj saṯ sanṯokẖ ḏa▫i▫ā ḏẖaram hai gurmukẖ būjẖai ko▫ī. ||3|| 
By the affair of this marriage, truth, contentment, mercy and faith are produced; but how rare is that Gurmukh who understands it! ||3|| 

ਜਿਤੁ ਕਾਰਜਿ = ਜਿਸ ਕਾਜ ਦੀ ਰਾਹੀਂ, ਜਿਸ ਵਿਆਹ ਦੀ ਰਾਹੀਂ, ਜਿਸ ਮੇਲ ਦੀ ਬਰਕਤਿ ਨਾਲ। ਹੈ = ਪੈਦਾ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ ॥੩॥
ਇਸ ਮੇਲ ਦੀ ਬਰਕਤਿ ਨਾਲ (ਜੀਵ-ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ ਦੇ ਅੰਦਰ) ਸੇਵਾ ਸੰਤੋਖ ਦਇਆ ਧਰਮ ਆਦਿਕ ਗੁਣ ਪੈਦਾ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਹਨ। ਇਸ ਭੇਤ ਨੂੰ ਉਹੀ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਸਮਝਦਾ ਹੈ ਜੋ ਗੁਰੂ ਦੇ ਸਨਮੁਖ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ ॥੩॥ [/URL]
Endeavors that result in truth, contentment, compassion and pious ways, only few so facing the creator realize

Code:
[URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਭਨਤਿ"][COLOR=blue]ਭਨਤਿ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਨਾਨਕੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਨਾਨਕੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਸਭਨਾ"][COLOR=blue]ਸਭਨਾ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਕਾ"][COLOR=blue]ਕਾ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਪਿਰੁ"][COLOR=blue]ਪਿਰੁ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਏਕੋ"][COLOR=blue]ਏਕੋ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਸੋਇ"][COLOR=blue]ਸੋਇ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਭਨਤਿ"][COLOR=blue]॥[/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਭਨਤਿ"]
भनति नानकु सभना का पिरु एको सोइ ॥ 
Bẖanaṯ Nānak sabẖnā kā pir eko so▫e. 
Says Nanak, that Lord alone is the Husband of all. 

ਭਨਤਿ = ਆਖਦਾ ਹੈ। ਪਿਰੁ = ਖਸਮ।
ਨਾਨਕ ਆਖਦਾ ਹੈ-(ਭਾਵੇਂ ਜੀਕਰ) ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਹੀ ਸਭ ਜੀਵ-ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀਆਂ ਦਾ ਪਤੀ ਹੈ, 
[/URL]
Nanak says, only one custodian of all

Code:
[URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਜਿਸ"][COLOR=blue]ਜਿਸ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਨੋ"][COLOR=blue]ਨੋ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਨਦਰਿ"][COLOR=blue]ਨਦਰਿ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਕਰੇ"][COLOR=blue]ਕਰੇ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਸਾ"][COLOR=blue]ਸਾ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਸੋਹਾਗਣਿ"][COLOR=blue]ਸੋਹਾਗਣਿ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਹੋਇ"][COLOR=blue]ਹੋਇ [/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਜਿਸ"][COLOR=blue]॥੪॥੧੦॥[/COLOR][/URL][URL="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਜਿਸ"]
जिस नो नदरि करे सा सोहागणि होइ ॥४॥१०॥ 
Jis no naḏar kare sā sohagaṇ ho▫e. ||4||10|| 

She, upon whom He casts His Glance of Grace, becomes the happy soul-bride. ||4||10|| 

ਨਦਰਿ = ਕਿਰਪਾ ਦੀ ਦ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਟੀ, ਮੇਹਰ ਦੀ ਨਿਗਾਹ। ਸੋਹਾਗਣਿ = ਚੰਗੇ ਭਾਗਾਂ ਵਾਲੀ, ਖਸਮ ਵਾਲੀ ॥੪॥੧੦॥
(ਫਿਰ ਭੀ) ਜਿਸ ਉਤੇ ਮੇਹਰ ਦੀ ਨਿਗਾਹ ਕਰਦਾ ਹੈ (ਜਿਸ ਦੇ ਹਿਰਦੇ ਵਿਚ ਆ ਕੇ ਪਰਗਟ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ) ਉਹੀ ਭਾਗਾਂ ਵਾਲੀ ਹੁੰਦੀ ਹੈ ॥੪॥੧੦॥
[/URL]
One so blissfully looked at is the fortunate one

All errors are mine and I stand corrected.

Sat Sri Akal.

PS: For Prakash.S.Bagga ji in case he wants to interpret Kajal/Bride to be himself and Salman Khan to be God/Creator metaphorically speaking,

Sajan Ji Ghar Aaye - YouTube

No offense just we need to lighten up and give up on superficial associations as Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is incredibly truth centric with lot of context and metphoric usage and brilliant poetic renditions. We can not take a sabad to establish that it creates "Husband/creator" and "wife/us" relationship; or that God/Creator is finite and of form; etc.

Well I do enjoy such songs .Thanks

Prakash.S.Bagga

Aug 28, 2010
By distoting the meanings of Gurbanee words nothing good can be achieved.There is rather damage to the whole message of the sabad in this way.
On one side we all agree that Gurbanee messages are for understanding of common persons and have been presented such in a stlye with witch common person can grasp the essence of the message.
By giving all together new meanings to the words which have no relevence I dont understand what we intend to achieve.

For example...................
We can see that Creator being GENDERLESS there is no justification of referering as HE or HIS.

If we are given to understand the meaning of the GHAR as HOUSE...Which house/

The word TIHu LOKA is the reference for three worlds rather than for persons.

The proper meaning of the word PIRu is HUSBAND not CUSTODIAN

The meaning of the word SOHAGANi is Fortunate Bride not simple Fortunate.

The above observations is related to the meanings of the sabad of above messages.

One may always reject ..the most easy job to do .
Prakash.S.Bagga

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: