• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Lessons From God - What Happens When We Die? - Where Could We Go? - What Is Attachment & Detachment?

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
By distoting the meanings of Gurbanee words nothing good can be achieved.
Prakash.S.Bagga ji stop talking basically garbage. When ever someone is giving their understanding, that is what it is. Understanding. Do you understand the difference between translation and understanding?

Give us your understanding of the sabad, not literals. Are you saying Guru ji claimed to be physically a bride in waiting in this sabad? If you think that, that is a distortion.

If you reject the Guru ji's way of illustrating concepts and truths trough metaphors, commonly understood events and activities, then you cannot understand SGGS. You forever will be imprisoned in your literal/grammar ways. Literals are not understanding, they are translation. Understanding is reading and getting to the message.

For once give us understanding of a complete sabad versus this word or that word comments. Professor Sahib Singh has done and explained the key words already, we don't need you for that.

Sat Sri Akal.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I think, like the many mentions of Hindu Gods/Goddesses, the point of using marriage as a metaphor is a reference point for people that would understand the true meaning of the metaphor.

Elsewhere in the SGGS much more definitive statements are given about this relationship, those I can relate to better, but there were clearly people that could take understanding in this fashion.

Aug 28, 2010
Prakash.S.Bagga ji stop talking basically garbage. When ever someone is giving their understanding, that is what it is. Understanding. Do you understand the difference between translation and understanding?

Give us your understanding of the sabad, not literals. Are you saying Guru ji claimed to be physically a bride in waiting in this sabad? If you think that, that is a distortion.

If you reject the Guru ji's way of illustrating concepts and truths trough metaphors, commonly understood events and activities, then you cannot understand Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. You forever will be imprisoned in your literal/grammar ways. Literals are not understanding, they are translation. Understanding is reading and getting to the message.

For once give us understanding of a complete sabad versus this word or that word comments. Professor Sahib Singh has done and explained the key words already, we don't need you for that.

Sat Sri Akal.

Dear AMBARSARIA Ji,
I believe you are in a respectable position in SPN.You should take care of your laguage .You could have simply said this is rejected what is wrong.
This is because you have no right to make judjments what others present.
I think this we shared earlier also.
I find even you dont follow what you say.If you follow SAHib Singh ji s interpretation then let this be presented as such.What is wrong there?
I dont think that here any one is required to write to your unknown requirement and gratification.
Prakash.S.Bagga

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Dear AMBARSARIA Ji,
I believe you are in a respectable position in SPN.You should take care of your laguage .You could have simply said this is rejected what is wrong.
Prakash.S.Bagga ji I don't really care as you do not put the effort to share in detail. Is it too much to ask to share your understanding as you keep asking others to do it all the time?

This is because you have no right to make judjments what others present.
I think this we shared earlier also.
You can specify the comment (don't take everything as judgement) and clarify, comment or reject.

I find even you dont follow what you say.If you follow SAHib Singh ji s interpretation then let this be presented as such.What is wrong there?
I have clarified it numerous times that I take all inputs and then share my understanding. Getting or using other people's wisdom does not mean verbatim copying or translating what they say. Each understanding is a personal statement of the writer. Whether it is Dr. Sant Singh Khalsa, Bhai Manmohan Singh or Prof. Sahib Singh ji. I never said I copy or take someone else's words verbatim and put it in English.

I dont think that here any one is required to write to your unknown requirement and gratification.
Prakash.S.Bagga ji really, get a life. You keep asking others all the time and if some how someone asks you your way of refusing to share is becoming well known. Excuses, excuses and more excuses.You are not doing it for my gratification just as I don't do it for specific people but for sharing at spn.

I know you are very insecure doing that (continued excuses of one or other type over the last year in many threads) but that is your problem and not mine. Why that insecurity, I have ideas, again none of my business and I don't want to judge as it will achieve nothing.
Prakash.S.Bagga
Sat Sri Akal.

Last edited:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: