• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Guru And God No Difference

Sherab

SPNer
Mar 26, 2007
USA
Wow... I think I'm starting to get it. And I think, for the first time in my life, I am seeing how all the puzzle pieces might just fit together after all.

Too bad there's not a smiley for that.
I have a smiley though for my joy for you! :D:D:D:D:shy::shy::shy::shy::shy::cool:

It'd look something like that!

I can't wait to see how u grow in sikhism!

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
You just have to keep asking questions, reading the Guru, listening to what others say, reading good information, evaluating what you hear and read. Make it your own.

Jan 15, 2008
Kansas & Haiti
You just have to keep asking questions, reading the Guru, listening to what others say, reading good information, evaluating what you hear and read. Make it your own.

That's the beauty of it, isn't it?

I ordered "Adi Granth" from amazon.com and plan to start reading every morning as soon as I get it. I have been waking up earlier than usual as well and have been meditating on God to go to sleep at night and it's already helping me a lot. I haven't been able to sleep well for years. It's really kind of amazing after feeling for most of my life that there should be some way of going beyond the bounds of religion and seeking only God that maybe I was right all along.

:)

Apr 4, 2007
That's the beauty of it, isn't it?

I ordered "Adi Granth" from amazon.com and plan to start reading every morning as soon as I get it. I have been waking up earlier than usual as well and have been meditating on God to go to sleep at night and it's already helping me a lot. I haven't been able to sleep well for years. It's really kind of amazing after feeling for most of my life that there should be some way of going beyond the bounds of religion and seeking only God that maybe I was right all along.

:)

can you please show a link to the "Adi Granth" which is available on amazon.com? i'm a bit suspicious of it, as usually one cannot purchase our holy text except through a small number of authorized publishers...

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Jasleen ji,

Thanks. For a moment there I thought I was an apostate or something. Every day around lunchtime.

The interesting thing about this Bani -- Guru Gobind Singh was humble enough to refuse to have his Bani included in the Adi Granth. He saw that Granth as having a primal significance. Jaap Sahib was written because Sikhs then and now asked to have the nature of God clarified for them. And so this majestic prayer.
That's very unrealistic, as Guru Granth Sahib has described God well. and Gurus themselves said that the more you say about God, the more there is to be said. and that no definition is ever good snough. So I don't really know how this bani was helping much.
About Guru GObind SIngh Ji being humble, well, he was a warrior! Humble? maybe but he included one of his saloks but not Jaap Sahib!!? doesn't make much sense.
and Aren't we supposed to be following our Guru?? So if he didn't give much importance to it then why do we? He doesn't want us to give importance to anything outside of SGGS so why do we disobey him?

OK so we disobey him? so what? well, in dasam granth, he clearly says he is not God and whoever calls him God will be sent to hell! SO why does almost everyone here still think he is God?

this is exactly what i'm talking about. you insult Guru Gobind Singh, amrit sanchar, and the nitnem banis and then suggest i said dasam granth is guru. i said no such thing.

you want to know why people don't answer your questions? because they're infused with insults and innuendo and you simply twist the answers into more insult and attacks. it's completely pointless.
Well, we were talking about dasam granth and you say I insulted your guru?? I know I insulted dasam granth but I DID NOT insult anyone's Guru or Guru Gobind SIngh JI! Unless they consider dasamgranth to be their Guru, in which case I am silent! I am a big fan of Guru Gobind SIngh Ji and I would never insult him! :eek: I am sorry you felt that but I did not mean to insult Guru Gobind SIngh JI!
I insulted amrit sanchar? help me out here. :wah:
the nitnem banis? Yes only the ones in Dasam Granth! SO you can't say I insulted the nitnem banis because that means all of them.

Hey, If you feel insulted because I insulted dasam granth then don't be. I gave very rational points on why I did so! In my honest opinion, chraitropakhyan, which is part of dasam Granth and a few other writings there (Jaap Sahib excluded)acutally INSULT Guru GObind SIngh JI! I also gave very reasonable points for this, maybe you should have taken a closer look.
I am sorry that people say pointless things! I may have said some, I won't deny it! I've heard quite a lot of pointless things on this thread! about my questions being insults, again I didn't mean to insult anyone with my questions! I am truly sorry for that!:( If anyone is insulted by my questions please let me know, right away! So that I can try and reword so it doesn't sound insulting,.. I don't know. I am quite young with a limited vocabulary so please help me out there. :hmm:

Last edited:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Bhagat ji,

In the course of discussion perhaps we will come to know how you personally have turned your will and your life over to God's hukam as you understand God.

Apr 4, 2007
That's very unrealistic, as Guru Granth Sahib has described God well. and Gurus themselves said that the more you say about God, the more there is to be said. and that no definition is ever good snough. So I don't really know how this bani was helping much.

so you think you know better than Guru. you know better than Akal Takht. you know better than dozens of well known historians and experts on gurbani.

About Guru GObind SIngh Ji being humble, well, he was a warrior! Humble? maybe but he included one of his saloks but not Jaap Sahib!!? doesn't make much sense.

so because something doesn't make sense to you, it's not possible for Guru to have done it. got it. you're smarter than Guru?

and Aren't we supposed to be following our Guru?? So if he didn't give much importance to it then why do we? He doesn't want us to give importance to anything outside of SGGS so why do we disobey him?

yes, and i follow my Guru every day when i recite my nitnem banis, which do have great importance, they're important enough to be part of amrit sanchar...

Well, we were talking about dasam granth and you say I insulted your guru?? I know I insulted dasam granth but I DID NOT insult anyone's Guru or Guru Gobind SIngh JI! Unless they consider dasamgranth to be their Guru, in which case I am silent! I am a big fan of Guru Gobind SIngh Ji and I would never insult him! :eek: I am sorry you felt that but I did not mean to insult Guru Gobind SIngh JI!

when you insult his bani, you insult him. seems simple enough to me.
I insulted amrit sanchar? help me out here. :wah:
the nitnem banis? Yes only the ones in Dasam Granth! SO you can't say I insulted the nitnem banis because that means all of them.

amrit sanchar includes five nitnem banis. this gurbani is what makes amrit! this includes three banis by guru gobind singh ji, from dasam granth, which you say are not guru's words. so when you deny the banis that are the very essence of amrit, you're pretty much writing off amrit sanchar.

unless kala afghana is doing his own version of amrit with different banis? or do you know of some other place that does amrit sanchar without the traditional five banis?

Hey, If you feel insulted because I insulted dasam granth then don't be. I gave very rational points on why I did so! In my honest opinion, chraitropakhyan, which is part of dasam Granth and a few other writings there (Jaap Sahib excluded)acutally INSULT Guru GObind SIngh JI! I also gave very reasonable points for this, maybe you should have taken a closer look.

no i feel insulted because you talk about guru can't do this, guru couldn't have done that... who are you to say what guru can and cannot do?

if you only address ONE issue from this post, PLEASE tell me where amrit sanchar is performed WITHOUT the banis of the tenth master. no one seems to be able to answer this for me.

Apr 4, 2007
the Adi Granth I found at amazon.com

Amazon.com: The Adi Granth: Or The Holy Scriptures Of The Sikhs: Books: Ernest Trumpp

Let me know if it's not so good and please a link to a better translation. I don't want to just read online -- I want a book I can hold and take to bed and stick in my bag...

just a couple of things about this book. first, it's not the Guru Granth Sahib, as it only has 700something pages, about half the pages of SGGS. second, it's published/translated by Ernest Trump, who was famously anti-sikh in his views.

some of the reviews of the book are pretty negative... you should read through them and see what you think.

but i have not read this actual book, so i cannot comment with authority.

i do recommend picking up a "sundar gutka", with english translation. you can get one at Singhbrothers - Publisher, BookSeller, Exporter, Quality Printer. this small format prayer book will include all of the daily nitnem banis, as well as some of the longer banis read on special occasions. it will also probably include glossary of terms and explanations of concepts that are unfamiliar to a non-sikh.

i would guess that most sikhs never read the entire guru granth sahib in their lives. we SHOULD, but for many, it's not practical. the SGGS requires a lot of respect, which many people find inconvenient. :)

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
CAroline ji

Jasleen ji is correct in what she says. The Sri Guru Granth Sahib is 1430 pages or so. And also Trump is notoriously biased against the panthic view of Sikhism. His agenda is to show that Sikhism is nothing more than a branch of Brahminism.

You can also find, while you are waiting for your own book, the Sri Guru Granth Sahib on the Internet. One that I like is on this site.

Siri Guru Granth Sahib - The Living Guru of the Sikhs

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
isrIrwgu mhlw 1 ]
guxvMqI gux vIQrY AauguxvMqI JUir ]
jy loVih vru kwmxI nh imlIAY ipr kUir ]
nw byVI nw qulhVw nw pweIAY ipru dUir ]1]
myry Twkur pUrY qKiq Afolu ]
gurmuiK pUrw jy kry pweIAY swcu Aqolu ]1] rhwau ]
pRBu hirmMdru sohxw iqsu mih mwxk lwl ] moqI hIrw inrmlw kMcn kot rIswl ]
ibnu pauVI giV ikau cVau gur hir iDAwn inhwl ]2]
guru pauVI byVI gurU guru qulhw hir nwau ]
guru sru swgru boihQo guru qIrQu drIAwau ]
jy iqsu BwvY aUjlI sq sir nwvx jwau ]3]
pUro pUro AwKIAY pUrY qKiq invws ]
pUrY Qwin suhwvxY pUrY Aws inrws ]
nwnk pUrw jy imlY ikau GwtY gux qws ]4]9]

Siree Raag, First Mehl:
The virtuous wife exudes virtue; the unvirtuous suffer in misery.
If you long for your Husband Lord, O soul-bride, you must know that He is not met by falsehood.
No boat or raft can take you to Him. Your Husband Lord is far away. ||1||
My Lord and Master is Perfect; His Throne is Eternal and Immovable.
One who attains perfection as Gurmukh, obtains the Immeasurable True Lord. ||1||Pause||
The Palace of the Lord God is so beautiful. Within it, there are gems, rubies, pearls and flawless diamonds. A fortress of gold surrounds this Source of Nectar.
How can I climb up to the Fortress without a ladder? By meditating on the Lord, through the Guru, I am blessed and exalted. ||2||
The Guru is the Ladder, the Guru is the Boat, and the Guru is the Raft to take me to the Lord's Name.
The Guru is the Boat to carry me across the world-ocean; the Guru is the Sacred Shrine of Pilgrimage, the Guru is the Holy River.
If it pleases Him, I bathe in the Pool of Truth, and become radiant and pure. ||3||
He is called the Most Perfect of the Perfect. He sits upon His Perfect Throne.
He looks so Beautiful in His Perfect Place. He fulfills the hopes of the hopeless.
O Nanak, if one obtains the Perfect Lord, how can his virtues decrease? ||4||9||

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
Nanak Bani Nirankaar Paarbrahm Parmesar

Waho Waho Bani Nirankaar Hai Tis Jevad Avar Na Koi

SGGS JI

SATGURU PRASAAD

ਮਹਲਾ ੪ ॥
mehalaa 4 ||
Fourth Mehl:

ਜਿਸ ਦੈ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਸਚੁ ਹੈ ਸੋ ਸਚਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਮੁਖਿ ਸਚੁ ਅਲਾਏ ॥
jis dhai andhar sach hai so sachaa naam mukh sach alaaeae ||
Those, within whom the Truth dwells, obtain the True Name; they speak only the Truth.

ਓਹੁ ਹਰਿ ਮਾਰਗਿ ਆਪਿ ਚਲਦਾ ਹੋਰਨਾ ਨੋ ਹਰਿ ਮਾਰਗਿ ਪਾਏ ॥
ouhu har maarag aap chaladhaa horanaa no har maarag paaeae ||
They walk on the Lord's Path, and inspire others to walk on the Lord's Path as well.

ਜੇ ਅਗੈ ਤੀਰਥੁ ਹੋਇ ਤਾ ਮਲੁ ਲਹੈ ਛਪੜਿ ਨਾਤੈ ਸਗਵੀ ਮਲੁ ਲਾਏ ॥
jae agai theerathh hoe thaa mal lehai shhaparr naathai sagavee mal laaeae ||
Bathing in a pool of holy water, they are washed clean of filth. But, by bathing in a stagnant pond, they are contaminated with even more filth.

ਤੀਰਥੁ ਪੂਰਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੋ ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਏ ॥
theerathh pooraa sathiguroo jo anadhin har har naam dhhiaaeae ||
The True Guru is the Perfect Pool of Holy Water. Night and day, He meditates on the Name of the Lord, Har, Har.

ਓਹੁ ਆਪਿ ਛੁਟਾ ਕੁਟੰਬ ਸਿਉ ਦੇ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਭ ਸ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਛਡਾਏ ॥
ouhu aap shhuttaa kuttanb sio dhae har har naam sabh srisatt shhaddaaeae ||
He is saved, along with his family; bestowing the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, He saves the whole world.

ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਤਿਸੁ ਬਲਿਹਾਰਣੈ ਜੋ ਆਪਿ ਜਪੈ ਅਵਰਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਜਪਾਏ ॥੨॥
jan naanak this balihaaranai jo aap japai avaraa naam japaaeae ||2||
Servant Nanak is a sacrifice to one who himself chants the Naam, and inspires others to chant it as well. ||2||

Gurbani eis jag meh chaanan

Gurbani har alakh lakhiayaa

Gurbani Gavo Bhaee

charan kamal parabh kay nit Dhi-aava-o

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
mwrU mhlw 5 ]
pRB smrQ srb suK dwnw ]
ismrau nwmu hohu imhrvwnw ]
hir dwqw jIA jMq ByKwrI jnu bWCY jwcMgnw ]1]
mwgau jn DUir prm giq pwvau ]
jnm jnm kI mYlu imtwvau ]
dIrG rog imtih hir AauKiD hir inrmil rwpY mMgnw ]2]
sRvxI suxau ibml jsu suAwmI ]
eykw Et qjau ibKu kwmI ]
iniv iniv pwie lgau dws qyry kir suik®qu nwhI sMgnw ]3]
rsnw gux gwvY hir qyry ]
imtih kmwqy Avgux myry ]
ismir ismir suAwmI mnu jIvY pMc dUq qij qMgnw ]4]
crn kml jip boihiQ crIAY ]
sMqsMig imil swgru qrIAY ]
Arcw bMdn hir smq invwsI bwhuiV join n nµgnw ]5]
dws dwsn ko kir lyhu guopwlw ]
ik®pw inDwn dIn dieAwlw ]
sKw shweI pUrn prmysur imlu kdy n hovI BMgnw ]6]
mnu qnu Arip DrI hir AwgY ]
jnm jnm kw soieAw jwgY ]
ijs kw sw soeI pRiqpwlku hiq iqAwgI haumY hMqnw ]7]
jil Qil pUrn AMqrjwmI ]
Git Git rivAw ACl suAwmI ]
Brm BIiq KoeI guir pUrY eyku rivAw srbMgnw ]8]
jq kq pyKau pRB suK swgr ]
hir qoit BMfwr nwhI rqnwgr ]
Agh Agwh ikCu imiq nhI pweIAY so bUJY ijsu ikrpMgnw ]9]
CwqI sIql mnu qnu TMFw ]
jnm mrx kI imtvI fMJw ]
kru gih kwiF lIey pRiB ApunY AimE Dwir idRstMgnw ]10]
eyko eyku rivAw sB TweI ]
iqsu ibnu dUjw koeI nwhI ]
Awid miD AMiq pRBu rivAw iqRsn buJI BrmMgnw ]11]
guru prmysru guru goibMdu ]
guru krqw guru sd bKsMdu ]
gur jpu jwip jpq Plu pwieAw igAwn dIpku sMq sMgnw ]12]
jo pyKw so sBu ikCu suAwmI ]
jo sunxw so pRB kI bwnI ]
jo kIno so qumih krwieE srix shweI sMqh qnw ]13]
jwcku jwcY qumih ArwDY ]
piqq pwvn pUrn pRB swDY ]
eyko dwnu srb suK gux iniD Awn mMgn inhikMcnw ]14]
kwieAw pwqRü pRBu krxYhwrw ]
lgI lwig sMq sMgwrw ]
inrml soie bxI hir bwxI mnu nwim mjITY rMgnw ]15]
solh klw sMpUrn PilAw ]
Anq klw hoie Twkuru ciVAw ]
And ibnod hir nwim suK nwnk AMimRq rsu hir BuMcnw ]16]2]9]

Maaroo, Fifth Mehl:
God is the almighty Giver of all peace and joy.
Be merciful to me, that I may meditate in remembrance on Your Name.
The Lord is the Great Giver; all beings and creatures are beggars; His humble servants yearn to beg from Him. ||1||
I beg for the dust of the feet of the humble, that I may be blessed with the supreme status,
and the filth of countless lifetimes may be erased.
The chronic diseases are cured by the medicine of the Lord's Name; I beg to be imbued with the Immaculate Lord. ||2||
With my ears, I listen to the Pure Praises of my Lord and Master.
With the Support of the One Lord, I have abandoned corruption, sexuality and desire.
I humbly bow and fall at the feet of Your slaves; I do not hesitate to do good deeds. ||3||
O Lord, with my tongue I sing Your Glorious Praises.
The sins which I have committed are erased.
Meditating, meditating in remembrance on my Lord and Master, my mind lives; I am rid of the five oppressive demons. ||4||
Meditating on Your lotus feet, I have come aboard Your boat.
Joining the Society of the Saints, I cross over the world-ocean.
My flower-offering and worship is to realize that the Lord is dwelling alike in all; I shall not be reincarnated naked again. ||5||
Please make me the slave of Your slaves, O Lord of the world.
You are the treasure of Grace, merciful to the meek.
Meet with your companion and helper, the Perfect Transcendent Lord God; you shall never be separated from Him again. ||6||
I dedicate my mind and body, and place them in offering before the Lord.
Asleep for countless lifetimes, I have awakened.
He, to whom I belong, is my cherisher and nurturer. I have killed and discarded my murderous self-conceit. ||7||
The Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts, is pervading the water and the land.
The undeceivable Lord and Master is permeating each and every heart.
The Perfect Guru has demolished the wall of doubt, and now I see the One Lord pervading everywhere. ||8||
Wherever I look, there I see God, the ocean of peace.
The Lord's treasure is never exhausted; He is the storehouse of jewels.
He cannot be seized; He is inaccessible, and His limits cannot be found. He is realized when the Lord bestows His Grace. ||9||
My heart is cooled, and my mind and body are calmed and soothed.
The craving for birth and death is quenched.
Grasping hold of my hand, He has lifted me up and out; He has blessed me with His Ambrosial Glance of Grace. ||10||
The One and Only Lord is permeating and pervading everywhere.
There is none other than Him at all.
God permeates the beginning, the middle and the end; He has subdued my desires and doubts. ||11||
The Guru is the Transcendent Lord, the Guru is the Lord of the Universe.
The Guru is the Creator, the Guru is forever forgiving.
Meditating, chanting the Guru's Chant, I have obtained the fruits and rewards; in the Company of the Saints, I have been blessed with the lamp of spiritual wisdom. ||12||
Whatever I see, is my Lord and Master God.
Whatever I hear, is the Bani of God's Word.
Whatever I do, You make me do; You are the Sanctuary, the help and support of the Saints, Your children. ||13||
The beggar begs, and worships You in adoration.
You are the Purifier of the sinners, O Perfectly Holy Lord God.
Please bless me with this one gift, O treasure of all bliss and virtue; I do not ask for anything else. ||14||
God is the Creator of the body-vessel.
In the Society of the Saints, the dye is produced.
Through the Word of the Lord's Bani, one's reputation becomes immaculate, and the mind is colored by the dye of the Naam, the Name of the Lord. ||15||
The sixteen powers, absolute perfection and fruitful rewards are obtained,
when the Lord and Master of infinite power is revealed.
The Lord's Name is Nanak's bliss, play and peace; he drinks in the Ambrosial Nectar of the Lord. ||16||2||9||

Sardara123

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
sd jIvxu Arjunu Amolu AwjonI sMBau ]
BX BMjnu pr duK invwru Apwru AnµBau ]
Agh ghxu BRmu BRWiq dhxu sIqlu suK dwqau ]
AwsMBau audivAau purKu pUrn ibDwqau ]
nwnk Awid AMgd Amr siqgur sbid smwieAau ]
Dnu DMnu gurU rwmdws guru ijin pwrsu pris imlwieAau ]5]

O Guru Arjun, You are Eternal, Invaluable, Unborn, Self-existent,
the Destroyer of fear, the Dispeller of pain, Infinite and Fearless.
You have grasped the Ungraspable, and burnt away doubt and skepticism. You bestow cooling and soothing peace.
The Self-existent, Perfect Primal Lord God Creator has taken birth.
First, Guru Nanak, then Guru Angad and Guru Amar Daas, the True Guru, have been absorbed into the Word of the Shabad.
Blessed, blessed is Guru Raam Daas, the Philosopher's Stone, who transformed Guru Arjun unto Himself. ||5||

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
Guru and God No Difference:

Guru is God Himself, He transforms His servant into Himself.

ANG 53
SGGS JI
SATGURU PRASAAD

guru prmysru eyku hY sB mih rihAw smwie ]
gur parmaysar ayk hai sabh meh rahi-aa samaa-ay.
The Guru and the Transcendent Lord are one and the same, pervading and permeating amongst all.

ijn kau pUrib iliKAw syeI nwmu iDAwie ]
jin ka-o poorab likhi-aa say-ee naam Dhi-aa-ay.
Those who have such pre-ordained destiny, meditate on the Naam.

nwnk gur srxwgqI mrY n AwvY jwie ]4]30]100]
naanak gur sarnaagatee marai na aavai jaa-ay. ||4||30||100||
Nanak seeks the Sanctuary of the Guru, who does not die, or come and go in reincarnation. ||4||30||100||

Gurbani Gavo Bhaee

Let us humbly pray for such a destiny that makes us the obedient servants of the True Guru.

pk70

Writer
SPNer
Feb 25, 2008
USA
Sat Sree Akaal Jasleen Kaur ji
No you are not wrong, you are following Guru bachan, others are disrespecting Gur Sahiban, that is the difference" Akaalmurt Ajuni" was and is and will be always beyond birth and death.Compliments are taken in literally meaning and blind faith ruins the true message. Fifth Nanak says that if some calls Ikkonkar incarnates, cursed his/her tongue is! How Guru Sahiba himself can go "Akaalmurt Ajuni" declaration.
I am proud there Sikhs who follow Satguru Sahib ji.

AmbarDhara

SPNer
Jan 9, 2008
God is Guru, Guru is God. Bani is Nirankaar. There is no difference between Guru and God.

These statements confuse those who think with a very limited vision. Not their fault either, This is also His OWN Play. Whenever He bestows His blessing only then one can see the TRUTH. Bani-Nirankaar tells us again and again about the Truth- HOW MANY CAN LISTEN?

People read, do all different kinds of pooja(seva)- BUT they forget Guru Ji's words about listening and following His message in actual real sense.

:) 'Guru is God and is beyond incarnation, all-pervading' :)

ANG 49
SGGS JI
SATGURU PRASAAD

ਸਿਰੀਰਾਗੁ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥
sireeraag mehalaa 5 ||
Siree Raag, Fifth Mehl:

ਸੰਤ ਜਨਹੁ ਮਿਲਿ ਭਾਈਹੋ ਸਚਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਮਾਲਿ ॥
santh janahu mil bhaaeeho sachaa naam samaal ||
Meet with the humble Saints, O Siblings of Destiny, and contemplate the True Name.

ਤੋਸਾ ਬੰਧਹੁ ਜੀਅ ਕਾ ਐਥੈ ਓਥੈ ਨਾਲਿ ॥
thosaa bandhhahu jeea kaa aithhai outhhai naal ||
For the journey of the soul, gather those supplies which will go with you here and hereafter.

ਗੁਰ ਪੂਰੇ ਤੇ ਪਾਈਐ ਅਪਣੀ ਨਦਰਿ ਨਿਹਾਲਿ ॥
gur poorae thae paaeeai apanee nadhar nihaal ||
These are obtained from the Perfect Guru, when God bestows His Glance of Grace.

ਕਰਮਿ ਪਰਾਪਤਿ ਤਿਸੁ ਹੋਵੈ ਜਿਸ ਨੋ ਹੋਇ ਦਇਆਲੁ ॥੧॥
karam paraapath this hovai jis no haae dhaeiaal ||1||
Those unto whom He is Merciful, receive His Grace. ||1||

ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨ ਗੁਰ ਜੇਵਡੁ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਕੋਇ ॥
maerae man gur jaevadd avar n koe ||
O my mind, there is no other as great as the Guru.

ਦੂਜਾ ਥਾਉ ਨ ਕੋ ਸੁਝੈ ਗੁਰ ਮੇਲੇ ਸਚੁ ਸੋਇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
dhoojaa thhaao n ko sujhai gur maelae sach soe ||1|| rehaao ||
I cannot imagine any other place. The Guru leads me to meet the True Lord. ||1||Pause||

ਸਗਲ ਪਦਾਰਥ ਤਿਸੁ ਮਿਲੇ ਜਿਨਿ ਗੁਰੁ ਡਿਠਾ ਜਾਇ ॥
sagal padhaarathh this milae jin gur ddithaa jaae ||
Those who go to see the Guru obtain all treasures.

ਗੁਰ ਚਰਣੀ ਜਿਨ ਮਨੁ ਲਗਾ ਸੇ ਵਡਭਾਗੀ ਮਾਇ ॥
gur charanee jin man lagaa sae vaddabhaagee maae ||
Those whose minds are attached to the Guru's Feet are very fortunate, O my mother.

ਗੁਰੁ ਦਾਤਾ ਸਮਰਥੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਸਭ ਮਹਿ ਰਹਿਆ ਸਮਾਇ ॥
gur dhaathaa samarathh gur gur sabh mehi rehiaa samaae ||
The Guru is the Giver, the Guru is All-powerful. The Guru is All-pervading, contained amongst all.

ਗੁਰੁ ਪਰਮੇਸਰੁ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਡੁਬਦਾ ਲਏ ਤਰਾਇ ॥੨॥
gur paramaesar paarabreham gur ddubadhaa leae tharaae ||2||
The Guru is the Transcendent Lord, the Supreme Lord God. The Guru lifts up and saves those who are drowning. ||2||

ਕਿਤੁ ਮੁਖਿ ਗੁਰੁ ਸਾਲਾਹੀਐ ਕਰਣ ਕਾਰਣ ਸਮਰਥੁ ॥
kith mukh gur saalaaheeai karan kaaran samarathh ||
How shall I praise the Guru, the All-powerful Cause of causes?

ਸੇ ਮਥੇ ਨਿਹਚਲ ਰਹੇ ਜਿਨ ਗੁਰਿ ਧਾਰਿਆ ਹਥੁ ॥
sae mathhae nihachal rehae jin gur dhhaariaa hathh ||
Those, upon whose foreheads the Guru has placed His Hand, remain steady and stable.

ਗੁਰਿ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਨਾਮੁ ਪੀਆਲਿਆ ਜਨਮ ਮਰਨ ਕਾ ਪਥੁ ॥
gur anmrith naam peeaaliaa janam maran kaa pathh ||
The Guru has led me to drink in the Ambrosial Nectar of the Naam, the Name of the Lord; He has released me from the cycle of birth and death.

ਗੁਰੁ ਪਰਮੇਸਰੁ ਸੇਵਿਆ ਭੈ ਭੰਜਨੁ ਦੁਖ ਲਥੁ ॥੩॥
gur paramaesar saeviaa bhai bhanjan dhukh lathh ||3||
I serve the Guru, the Transcendent Lord, the Dispeller of fear; my suffering has been taken away. ||3||

ANG 1136
SGGS JI
SATGURU PRASAAD

ਭੈਰਉ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ਘਰੁ ੧

bhairo mehalaa 5 ghar 1
Bhairao, Fifth Mehl, First House:

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥
ik oankaar sathigur prasaadh ||
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ਸਗਲੀ ਥੀਤਿ ਪਾਸਿ ਡਾਰਿ ਰਾਖੀ ॥ਅਸਟਮ ਥੀਤਿ ਗੋਵਿੰਦ ਜਨਮਾ ਸੀ ॥੧॥
sagalee thheeth paas ddaar raakhee || asattam thheeth govindh janamaa see ||1||
Setting aside all other days, it is said that the Lord was born on the eighth lunar day. ||1||

ਭਰਮਿ ਭੂਲੇ ਨਰ ਕਰਤ ਕਚਰਾਇਣ ॥
bharam bhoolae nar karath kacharaaein ||
Deluded and confused by doubt, the mortal practices falsehood.

ਜਨਮ ਮਰਣ ਤੇ ਰਹਤ ਨਾਰਾਇਣ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
janam maran thae rehath naaraaein ||1|| rehaao ||
The Lord is beyond birth and death. ||1||Pause||

ਕਰਿ ਪੰਜੀਰੁ ਖਵਾਇਓ ਚੋਰ ॥
kar panjeer khavaaeiou chor ||
You prepare sweet treats and feed them to your stone god.

ਓਹੁ ਜਨਮਿ ਨ ਮਰੈ ਰੇ ਸਾਕਤ ਢੋਰ ॥੨॥
ouhu janam n marai rae saakath dtor ||2||
God is not born, and He does not die, you foolish, faithless cynic! ||2||

ਸਗਲ ਪਰਾਧ ਦੇਹਿ ਲੋਰੋਨੀ ॥
sagal paraadhh dhaehi loronee ||
You sing lullabyes to your stone god - this is the source of all your mistakes.

ਸੋ ਮੁਖੁ ਜਲਉ ਜਿਤੁ ਕਹਹਿ ਠਾਕੁਰੁ ਜੋਨੀ ॥੩॥
so mukh jalo jith kehehi thaakur jonee ||3||
Let that mouth be burnt, which says that our Lord and Master is subject to birth. ||3||

ਜਨਮਿ ਨ ਮਰੈ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਨ ਜਾਇ ॥
janam n marai n aavai n jaae ||
He is not born, and He does not die; He does not come and go in reincarnation.

ਨਾਨਕ ਕਾ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਰਹਿਓ ਸਮਾਇ ॥੪॥੧॥
naanak kaa prabh rehiou samaae ||4||1||
The God of Nanak is pervading and permeating everywhere. ||4||1||

Gurbani Gavo Bhaee

Brahmgyani Aap Parmesar

Let us pray for Sarbat Da Bhalaa.

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Sat Sree Akaal Jasleen Kaur ji
No you are not wrong, you are following Guru bachan, others are disrespecting Gur Sahiban, that is the difference" Akaalmurt Ajuni" was and is and will be always beyond birth and death.Compliments are taken in literally meaning and blind faith ruins the true message. Fifth Nanak says that if some calls Ikkonkar incarnates, cursed his/her tongue is! How Guru Sahiba himself can go "Akaalmurt Ajuni" declaration.
I am proud there Sikhs who follow Satguru Sahib ji.
I agree!
What I dont get is AmbarDhara posts all these quotes from SGGS, and from the quotes it becomes quite clear that a guru is not God, although we are all part of him/her, we ARE NOT him/her. We cannot be because we are finite, and God is infinite. Still AmbarDhara, insists... I guess, us finite human beings cannot do anything. God created him to think that way, and it is up to him/her to decided what to do with Ambardhara.
Peace out

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Bhagat ji

You may want to go back and reconsider what Ambardhara is suggesting. It is very unlikely that Guru and Guruji are meant to be understood as human, finite, incarnations of God, or sidhu's collecting money from the desperate. Unless of course I am mistaken, "Guru" ad "Guruji" refer to the Satgur, to God, whose voice is heard in the shabad, in the form of the Guru given us by Sri Guru Gobind Singh as the last Guru.

That's all!

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: