• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Dasam Granth And Its History

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
Re: Dasam Granth - A rational inquiry

Japu Nishaan Chand? - Jaap Sahib

Ustat Akaal Ju kee chand - Akaal Ustat

Swaiyay shri mukh vak - Swaiyay (mukh vaak note is important)

Ab Bachitar Natak Granth - Bachita Natak (Thanks Aman ji)

Avtaar shri bishun jee kay - Krishna Avtaar

Avtaar shri brahma jee kay - Brahma avtaar

Granth Shri (?) Gian Parbodh - Gian Parbodh

Ab Chandi Charitr (?) - Chandi Charitr

Unidentifiable by me - Please help

Ab bhava avtaar (?) - What is this, never heard of it. Have I read it right?

Subdup (What does this mean, new chapter? Giani ji can you help?)

Chand chucka (?) ...shri nam mala - seems like Shaster nam mala

Vaar durga kee - Chandhi kee vaar

----

Katha charitr pakyaan - Charitr pakyaan

(Feel free to pitch in!!)

Last edited:

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
Randip

There is no deception here. Ask waheguruseeker i replied hinm on the net. you wee posting there also that time. You know that.

Shame on you for towing a wrong line even aware of facts.

lastly i am not here to answer your personal barrage of questions. Your calling me here for discussion on Dasam Granth was a ploy to personally insult me. That shows that iyou have brought down this forum to a very low level. Sikhi has no importance for you people.

Good bye and Good luck.

You wrote many a time on Sikhawareness and replied to my posts, not once did you identify yourself as Inder Singh until I found out here. Shame on you!

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
Re: Dasam Granth - A rational inquiry

For those querying the handwriting argument. Here are some thoughts on it.

Attachments

• dasmesh pitas handwriting thoughts.jpg
    dasmesh pitas handwriting thoughts.jpg
    184.1 KB · Reads: 188
Feb 7, 2008
You wrote many a time on Sikhawareness and replied to my posts, not once did you identify yourself as Inder Singh until I found out here. Shame on you!

Randip singh

I had no intention to enter a personal brawl with you as i had left the site. Since you are lying above , i had to come back to unmask your lie.

Did not you notice that the issue was clarified there. This is your post of yesterday on that site. you are addressing me Inder singh aka singh2. The post is given below.

Your claim that you came to know here last night is a lie. Shame on you for lying.

Let them discuss thread as it is important issue of sikhs. Goodbye.

QUOTE (Matheen @ Jun 30 2009, 11:52 PM)
Uncle Ji, whatever your personal opinions or views, calling people monkeys just makes you as bad as those you despise.

Why not debate the issues raised with some akhlaq and manners?

Now like Inder Singh aka Singh 2 I think people here need to go back to school and learn to read.

Here is what I wrote:
This thread reminds me of a Monkeys Tea Party I once saw at London Zoo!

Now please enlighten me where I said the people here, or this person here?

Please tell me which exact person or persons I called a monkey? Did I call the thread a monkey, in which case why are you offended that the thread is being called a monkey?

See this is the problem. If you have a small house, do not make provision to entertain an elephant!

--------------------
Randip Singh

Vege or Non-Veg we are All SIKH! Don't let the Vaishnavites split us!

Only Fools Wrangle over Flesh!

http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/sikh-sikhi-s...over-flesh.html

Feb 7, 2008
Dal singh ji

Just for your reference ,Neesan of kirpan is always there on Guru shaib's writings. This manuscript has signature of Guru sahib. doubt of hand writing of Guru sahib is no issue at all until some peopel want to make it on purpose.

Need to remember that oldest manuscript was taken away by moghal soldiers after the sack of Anadpur sahib. It was later sold to a private family and is still with them.

People have spent their personal money and have made digitized copies.Thanks for your interest in sikh heritage.

Feb 7, 2008
dal singh ji

You wrote about danger of forgery. I think you did not see video of Gurinder that you asked me to post.
He datails various other birs written by baba deep singh ji, baba Binod singh ji( Baba Binod singh ji was one of five singhs who was sent by guru ji with banda Bahadar). Bhai Mani singh ji, Bhai sukha singh ji.
All these beers have same compositions except aanadpuri and patna beer have no Zafarnama.

The reason being Zafarnama was written in 1704 and form part of Bhai mani singh beer. So there is zero percent chance of any forgery. See video of Gurinder Mann.

Regading your point of hand writeen pages of Dasam granth.Guru sahib had scribes to write Dasam garnth. There is a painting in one of the birs
that shows Guru sahib sitting with scaribe. Scribe names are given in birs. The manuscripts you have posted have hand made corrections
by Guru sahib of scribe's works.

So i do not see any danger of forgery. If forgery then by whom? Just a thought or we some proof is there. These manuscripts are collected by some English writers
as earlya s 1780s /1790s as their hobby was to collect manuscripts. So there is a proof for every doubt.

Dasam granth was in parkash at Akal takhat sahib till 1942. So any chance of forgery would have been nipped in the bud by hawkeye of akali Phoola singh during
Ranjit singh rule.

Also need to remember that traditions do not sprout without basis. Sikhism is a young religion and we are talking of time only 300 years back.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Inder ji

What is the date of the painting in which shows "Guru Sahib sitting with scribe." Most appreciated if you answer.

Feb 7, 2008
Inder ji

What is the date of the painting in which shows "Guru Sahib sitting with scribe." Most appreciated if you answer.

Aad 002 ji

I do not remember the date. Date may not be there specifically for painting. The particular manuscript has date of compilation.you Posted video of Gurinder singh ji Mann.it shows the painting.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Inder Singh ji,

Guru Fateh, ( Still no fateh from you. Why this fear?)

You write:

Either you do not raed what i write or you are deliberatly posting same thing again and again.

I told you i registered with same name but had to atke a different writng name . It was clarified there. If you contest this i will dig out my post an post here.
Let us seek the Truth here. Please pretend to agree with me that we shall seek the TRUTH in the name of SGGS, our ONLY GURU.

Following is your slanderous post on SG about SPN under the name of Inder Singh:

nav_m.gif
Slander Of Dasam Bani On Spn

Inder Singh
pp-blank-thumb.png

rating_2_mini.gif
gender_mystery.png
http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showuser=16138
to_post_off.gif
Jun 27 2009, 12:04 PM

I have observed that of lately Sikh philosophy network site is turning into a kala afghna mouthpiece. There are some die hard anti Dasam Bani people who have been made mentors on that site. They slander bani of Dasam granth on one pretext or the other.

They also interpret SGGS ji in a totally different way. They write that there is no gurmantra and naam simran in sikhi. New meanings of Amrit vela are being given.Any effort to combat that is nipped in the bud.

Does anyone has experience on that site. Please share that here

Slander Of Dasam Bani On Spn - The Voice of Sikh Youth

Inder Singh ji,

Do you see how have slandered not only SPN but also Sikhi by lying but wait, there is more.

Following is what you copied and pasted on Sikhawareness without letting them know that you are Inder Singh. You did this under Singh2

user-online.png
singh2
pp-blank-thumb.png

http://www.sikhawareness.com//index.php?showuser=3219
to_post_off.gif
Jun 28 2009, 12:09 AM
Post #1
spacer.gif
http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showto...t=0&start=0

I have observed that of lately Sikh philosophy network site is turning into a kala afghna mouthpiece. There are some die hard anti Dasam Bani people who have been made mentors on that site. They slander bani of Dasam granth on one pretext or the other.

They also interpret SGGS ji in a totally different way. They write that there is no gurmantra and naam simran in sikhi. New meanings of Amrit vela are being given.Any effort to combat that is nipped in the bud.

Does anyone has experience on that site. Please share that here.

Slander Of Dasam Granth On Spn - SikhAwareness Board

Inder Singh, in the above you cleverly gave the URL of Sikhawareness without letting them know that it was you who had posted it there.

If you had nothing to hide then you had no need to post the URL but just the message and would have let them know that you have asked the same question at SikhSangat. But you did not want to do that. Who are you trying to fool.

This does not end here. Then you are forming the strategy against SPN under your own admission in the following post:

"Mithar ji where do you live. Is it canada? we are in the process of formulating some strategy."

You see how you lie and when you are caught lying you start justifying things in an infantile manner. It happens when a child is caught by his mum with his hand in a cookie jar.

You said:

You are one of the major causes for dragging name of SPN in this issue. Read the post i cited and decide yourself.
Here is one more cop out. Now your hand got stuck in the cookie jar.:) I will take all the blame for SPN if you show us the posts where myself or any other member has slandered DG as you falsely claimed in the other forums.

If I have slandered DG, then I will go to the Gurdwaras of your choosing to apologise to the Sangat. I am a Sikh, not a Darpok like someone who has slandered SPN and Sikhi with his lies.

Your write:

You have nothing to discuss about Dasam granth with me as you seem to know nothing about it. That is the reason you are craeting a scene here. Bye from side
Inder Singh ji,

You have lost all moral, ethical, intellectual and SIKHI ground and the authourity to discuss about Dasam Granth or about Sikhi.

Sikhi does not breed liars and you have proven to be one.

Once you have apologised for making things up, lying, slandering SIKHI by false accusations about SPN, then you will gain the right to discuss about Sikhi, Dasam Granth and everything else included.

Will be waiting for your honest SIKHI response.

Tejwant Singh

Feb 7, 2008
Inder Singh ji,

You write:

Let us seek the Truth here. Please pretend to agree with me that we shall seek the TRUTH in the name of SGGS, our ONLY GURU.

Following is your slanderous post on SG about SPN under the name of Inder Singh:

nav_m.gif

Inder Singh
pp-blank-thumb.png

rating_2_mini.gif
gender_mystery.png
to_post_off.gif

Inder Singh ji,

Do you see how have slandered not only SPN but also Sikhi by lying but wait, there is more.

Following is what you copied and pasted on Sikhawareness without letting them know that you are Inder Singh. You did this under Singh2

user-online.png
singh2
pp-blank-thumb.png

to_post_off.gif
Post #1
spacer.gif

Inder Singh, in the above you cleverly gave the URL of Sikhawareness without letting them know that it was you who had posted it there.

If you had nothing to hide then you had no need to post the URL but just the message and would have let them know that you have asked the same question at SikhSangat. But you did not want to do that. Who are you trying to fool.

This does not end here. Then you are forming the strategy against SPN under your own admission in the following post:

"Mithar ji where do you live. Is it canada? we are in the process of formulating some strategy."

You see how you lie and when you are caught lying you start justifying things in an infantile manner. It happens when a child is caught by his mum with his hand in a cookie jar.

You said:

Here is one more cop out. Now your hand got stuck in the cookie jar.:) I will take all the blame for SPN if you show us the posts where myself or any other member has slandered DG as you falsely claimed in the other forums.

If I have slandered DG, then I will go to the Gurdwaras of your choosing to apologise to the Sangat. I am a Sikh, not a Darpok like someone who has slandered SPN and Sikhi with his lies.

Your write:

Inder Singh ji,

You have lost all moral, ethical, intellectual and SIKHI ground and the authourity to discuss about Dasam Granth or about Sikhi.

Once you have apologised for making things up, lying, slandering SIKHI by false accusations about SPN, then you will gain the right to discuss about Sikhi, Dasam Granth and everything else included.

Tejwant Singh

tejwant singh ji

I ahve no intention to take any tarsh from you. i hope you understand. iPlease mind your work and do not expect any reply from me.

Feb 7, 2008
Inder Singh ji,

You write:

nav_m.gif

Inder Singh
pp-blank-thumb.png

rating_2_mini.gif
gender_mystery.png
to_post_off.gif

Inder Singh ji,

user-online.png
singh2
pp-blank-thumb.png

to_post_off.gif
Post #1
spacer.gif

You said:

Your write:

Inder Singh ji,

Tejwant Singh

tejwant singh ji

This strategy has nothing to do with SPN. it is about how to comabt misinformation about our scriptures on the internet
in general and kala afghana sect.

I have no intention to take any trash from you. i hope you understand. Please mind your work and do not expect any reply from me.

I have written on this site in a very congenial setting before you came here. It is you who has brought kala afghani ideology here.

You are well known for bullying others.I am not to be bullied by you anymore.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
tejwant singh ji

I ahve no intention to take any tarsh from you. i hope you understand. iPlease mind your work and do not expect any reply from me.

Inder Singh ji,

Guru Fateh. ( I do not expect a Fateh from you anymore).

Nice cop out to say the least. You have proved yourself to be a pathological liar which is not a trait of a Sikh.

As mentioned you have lost all moral authourity in Sikhi to discuss anything about it.

Regards

Tejwant Singh.

PS: Next time you will think twice and do Ardaas before slandering Sikhi and SPN or any other forum that propagates Sikhi.

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
dal singh ji

You wrote about danger of forgery. I think you did not see video of Gurinder that you asked me to post.
He datails various other birs written by baba deep singh ji, baba Binod singh ji( Baba Binod singh ji was one of five singhs who was sent by guru ji with banda Bahadar). Bhai Mani singh ji, Bhai sukha singh ji.
All these beers have same compositions except aanadpuri and patna beer have no Zafarnama.

The reason being Zafarnama was written in 1704 and form part of Bhai mani singh beer. So there is zero percent chance of any forgery. See video of Gurinder Mann.

Regading your point of hand writeen pages of Dasam granth.Guru sahib had scribes to write Dasam garnth. There is a painting in one of the birs
that shows Guru sahib sitting with scaribe. Scribe names are given in birs. The manuscripts you have posted have hand made corrections
by Guru sahib of scribe's works.

So i do not see any danger of forgery. If forgery then by whom? Just a thought or we some proof is there. These manuscripts are collected by some English writers
as earlya s 1780s /1790s as their hobby was to collect manuscripts. So there is a proof for every doubt.

Dasam granth was in parkash at Akal takhat sahib till 1942. So any chance of forgery would have been nipped in the bud by hawkeye of akali Phoola singh during
Ranjit singh rule.

Also need to remember that traditions do not sprout without basis. Sikhism is a young religion and we are talking of time only 300 years back.

Inder Singh understand. Despite my shortcomings I would never doubt Sikhism nor would I ever doubt our Gurus. What I am conscious off is the danger of interpolations. I know previously British people added "prophesies" of their victory over the Khalsa and spread these through sau sakis. I am not automatically presuming that interpolations have taken place in DG but merely being wise to the fact that this has happened to us before

I am not doubting but being cautious. This is not a bad thing. There is a big difference between the two. Sikh people have been made into bewakoofs in the past by not being cautious.

I would like to suggest some narrowed areas that we should discuss in turn to learn about the DG.

We have started with dating: I found this on wiki (not exactly a great source but....)

I hve put them into chronological order:

Internal evidence to the dates of compilation of different portions of various compositions

• ਸਤ੍ਰਹ ਸੈ ਚਵਤਾਲ ਮੈ ਸਾਵਨ ਸੁਦਿ ਬੁਧਵਾਰ ॥ਨਗਰ ਪਾਵਟਾ ਮੋ ਤੁਮੋ ਰਚਿਯੋ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸੁਧਾਰ ॥੯੮੩ ॥
  • This (part of the) Granth has been prepared after revision in Paonta city on Wednesday in Sawan Sudi Samvat 1744 (August 1687 AD). 983. In 'Krishnavtar')
  • ਸੱਤ੍ਰਹ ਸੈ ਪੈਤਾਲ ਮਹਿ ਸਾਵਨ ਸੁਦਿ ਥਿਤਿ ਦੀਪ ॥ਨਗਰ ਪਾਂਵਟਾ ਸੁਭ ਕਰਨ ਜਮਨਾ ਬਹੈ ਸਮੀਪ ॥2490॥
  • (This work has been completed) in the year 1745 of the Vikrami era in the Sudi aspect of the moon in the month of Sawan, (July 1688 A.D.) in the town of Paonta at the auspicious hour, on banks of the flowing Yamuna. (Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib in 'Krishnavtar')
  • ਸੱਤ੍ਰਹ ਸੈ ਪੈਤਾਲ ਮੈ ਕੀਨੀ ਕਥਾ ਸੁਧਾਰ ॥ਚੂਕ ਹੋਇ ਜਹ ਤਹ ਸੁ ਕਬਿ ਲੀਜਹੁ ਸਕਲ ਸੁਧਾਰ ॥੭੫੫॥
  • In Samvat 1745 (1688 A.D.), this 'katha' (composition) was improved and if there is any error and omission in it, then the poets may still improve it.755. (Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib in 'Krishnavtar')
  • ਸੰਬਤ ਸਤ੍ਰਹ ਸਹਸ ਭਣਿਜੈ ॥ਅਰਧ ਸਹਸ ਫੁਨਿ ਤੀਨਿ ਕਹਿਜੈ ॥ਭਾਦ੍ਰਵ ਸੁਦੀ ਅਸਟਮੀ ਰਵਿ ਵਾਰਾ ॥ਤੀਰ ਸਤੁਦ੍ਰਵ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸੁਧਾਰਾ ॥405॥
  • The Granth was completed on Sunday, the 18th day of month of Bhadon, in 1753 Bikrami Sammat (September 14, 1696 A.D.) on the banks of river Satluj. In 'Charitropakhyan'
  • ਸੰਮਤ ਸੱਤ੍ਰਹ ਸਹਸ ਪਚਾਵਨ॥ਹਾੜ ਵਦੀ ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮੈ ਸੁਖ ਦਾਵਨ ॥ਤ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ਕਰਿ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸੁਧਾਰਾ ॥ਭੂਲ ਪਰੀ ਲਹੁ ਲੇਹੁ ਸੁਧਾਰਾ ॥860॥
  • This Granth has been completed (and improved) in Vadi first in the month of Haar in the year 1755 Bikrami (July 1698); if there has remained any error in it, then kindly correct it. Iin 'Ramavtaar'

One thing I must say. It strikes me straight away. If some of the parts referred to above is bani at par with SGGS ji, I cannot remotely imagine Guru ji suggesting improvements be made to errors.

Thought: Could hav dasmesh pita produced material to read for Sikhs that wasn't bani for spiritual fulfillment but had other purposes? Would this explain the sanctioning of corrections as noted above? Can it be called bani, if any doubt remains regarding errors?

Feb 7, 2008
Inder Singh understand. Despite my shortcomongs I would never doubt Sikhism nor would I ever doubt our Gurus. What I am conscious off is the danger of interpolations. I know previously British people added "prophesies" of their victory over the Khalsa and spread these through sau sakis. I am not automaticall presuming that interpolations have taken place in DG but merely being wise to the fact that this has happened to us before
Please do not bring sau sakhi to the level of Dasam granth. I gave you example of five banis having been read at amrit sanchar in 1699. Gurinder ji has walked through 300 yaers of history in that video.

I am not doubting but being cautious. This is not a bad thing. There is a big difference between the two. Sikh people have been made into bewakoofs in the past by not being cautious.
Sikh people are being made bewaqoof in the same manner by scripture distortion opeartion. Read Open secrets by MK Dhar Ex IB Chief of India. he names the same persons who are spearheading against DG as their agents.

• ਸਤ੍ਰਹ ਸੈ ਚਵਤਾਲ ਮੈ ਸਾਵਨ ਸੁਦਿ ਬੁਧਵਾਰ ॥ਨਗਰ ਪਾਵਟਾ ਮੋ ਤੁਮੋ ਰਚਿਯੋ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸੁਧਾਰ ॥੯੮੩ ॥
  • This (part of the) Granth has been prepared after revision in Paonta city on Wednesday in Sawan Sudi Samvat 1744 (August 1687 AD). 983. In 'Krishnavtar')

• ਸੱਤ੍ਰਹ ਸੈ ਪੈਤਾਲ ਮਹਿ ਸਾਵਨ ਸੁਦਿ ਥਿਤਿ ਦੀਪ ॥ਨਗਰ ਪਾਂਵਟਾ ਸੁਭ ਕਰਨ ਜਮਨਾ ਬਹੈ ਸਮੀਪ ॥2490॥
  • (This work has been completed) in the year 1745 of the Vikrami era in the Sudi aspect of the moon in the month of Sawan, (July 1688 A.D.) in the town of Paonta at the auspicious hour, on banks of the flowing Yamuna. (Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib in 'Krishnavtar')

• ਸੱਤ੍ਰਹ ਸੈ ਪੈਤਾਲ ਮੈ ਕੀਨੀ ਕਥਾ ਸੁਧਾਰ ॥ਚੂਕ ਹੋਇ ਜਹ ਤਹ ਸੁ ਕਬਿ ਲੀਜਹੁ ਸਕਲ ਸੁਧਾਰ ॥੭੫੫॥
  • In Samvat 1745 (1688 A.D.), this 'katha' (composition) was improved and if there is any error and omission in it, then the poets may still improve it.755. (Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib in 'Krishnavtar')

• ਸੰਬਤ ਸਤ੍ਰਹ ਸਹਸ ਭਣਿਜੈ ॥ਅਰਧ ਸਹਸ ਫੁਨਿ ਤੀਨਿ ਕਹਿਜੈ ॥ਭਾਦ੍ਰਵ ਸੁਦੀ ਅਸਟਮੀ ਰਵਿ ਵਾਰਾ ॥ਤੀਰ ਸਤੁਦ੍ਰਵ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸੁਧਾਰਾ ॥405॥
  • The Granth was completed on Sunday, the 18th day of month of Bhadon, in 1753 Bikrami Sammat (September 14, 1696 A.D.) on the banks of river Satluj. In 'Charitropakhyan'

• ਸੰਮਤ ਸੱਤ੍ਰਹ ਸਹਸ ਪਚਾਵਨ॥ਹਾੜ ਵਦੀ ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮੈ ਸੁਖ ਦਾਵਨ ॥ਤ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ਕਰਿ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸੁਧਾਰਾ ॥ਭੂਲ ਪਰੀ ਲਹੁ ਲੇਹੁ ਸੁਧਾਰਾ ॥860॥
  • This Granth has been completed (and improved) in Vadi first in the month of Haar in the year 1755 Bikrami (July 1698); if there has remained any error in it, then kindly correct it. Iin 'Ramavtaar'

One thing I must say. It strikes me straight away. If some of the parts referred to above is bani at par with SGGS ji, I cannot remotely imagine Guru ji suggesting improvements be made to errors.
You need to know the background of compositions of dasma granth. The banis address to spirit in the same way as SGGs ji. Then we have banis that talk of war management.
Then we have banis that talk about moral conduct.

You need people for doing yudh.From where those peope lwill come. mainly from Hinduism.they have embedded beliefs in devi devtas. Guru ji took ceratin compositions
from puranas and altered them extensively to bring these puranic figures under command of akal purakh.

For example krishna avtar from bhagwat purans had no war episode in origina textl. Guru ji added in krishan avtar Yudh parbandh entirely writen by him. here he talks about character of kharag singh who defloors krishana but spares him out of pity.Kharag singh is fighting to undo wrongs of krishna committed on jarasandh .All hindu Gods and Moghal khans come to the aid of Krishana but Kharag singh alone fights and deciamtes them.

There were no khans in era of krishna.

Guru ji by bringing these deities under akal purakh command conveyed message to public at large that they are not absolute Gods but they are creation of akal purakh

Thought: Could hav dasmesh pita produced material to read for Sikhs that wasn't bani for spiritual fulfillment but had other purposes? Would this explain the sanctioning of corrections as noted above? Can it be called bani, if any doubt remains regarding errors?
As told the banis of dasm granth ahsthree fold message spiritual , fiight to hold uprightness and live av moral life.You seem to miss many things. I will reposting material from these compositions as did on sikhsangat for your refrence.

So the bani of Dasam granth is for gurmukh jogis and not manmukh bhogis.

dal singh ji The following is from krishan avtar
ਚੌਪਈ ॥
चौपई ॥
CHUPAI

ਮੈ ਨ ਗਨੇਸ਼ਹਿ ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮ ਮਨਾਊਂ ॥ ਕਿਸ਼ਨ ਬਿਸ਼ਨ ਕਬਹੂੰ ਨਹ ਧਿਆਊਂ ॥ਕਾਨ ਸੁਨੇ ਪਹਿਚਾਨ ਨ ਤਿਨ ਸੋਂ ॥ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਗੀ ਮੋਰੀ ਪਗ ਇਨ ਸੋਂ ॥੪੩੪॥
मै न गनेशहि प्रिथम मनाऊं ॥ किशन बिशन कबहूं नह धिआऊं ॥कान सुने पहिचान न तिन सों ॥ लिव लागी मोरी पग इन सों ॥४३४॥
I do not adore Ganesha in the beginning and also do not mediatate on Krishna and Vishnu; I have only heard about them with my ears and I do not recognize them; my consciousness is absorbed at the feet of the Supreme Kal (the Immanent Brahman).434.

ਮਹਾਕਾਲ ਰਖਵਾਰ ਹਮਾਰੋ ॥ ਮਹਾ ਲੋਹ ਮੈਂ ਕਿੰਕਰ ਥਾਰੋ ॥ ਅਪਨਾ ਜਾਨ ਕਰੋ ਰਖਵਾਰ ॥ ਬਾਹਿ ਗਹੇ ਕੀ ਲਾਜ ਬਿਚਾਰ ॥੪੩੫॥
महाकाल रखवार हमारो ॥ महा लोह मैं किंकर थारो ॥ अपना जान करो रखवार ॥ बाहि गहे की लाज बिचार ॥४३५॥
The Supreme Kal (God) is my Protector and O Steel-Purusha Lort ! I am Thy slave; Protect me, considering me as Thy own and do me the honour of catching my arm.435.

ਅਪਨਾ ਜਾਨ ਮੁਝੇ ਪ੍ਰਤਿਪਰੀਐ ॥ ਚੁਨ ਚੁਨ ਸ਼ੱਤੁ ਹਮਾਰੇ ਮਰੀਐ ॥ ਦੇਗ ਤੇਗ ਜਗ ਮੈ ਦੋਊ ਚਲੈ ॥ ਰਾਖ ਆਪ ਮੁਹਿ ਅਉਰੁ ਨ ਦਲੈ ॥੪੩੬॥
अपना जान मुझे प्रतिपरीऐ ॥ चुन चुन श्तु हमारे मरीऐ ॥ देग तेग जग मै दोऊ चलै ॥ राख आप मुहि अउरु न दलै ॥४३६॥
Sustain me, considering me as Thy own and destroy my enemies, picking them up; O Lord with Thy Grace, let the free kitchen and Sword (for the protection of the lowly;) ever flourish through me and none should be able to kill me except You.436.

ਤੁਮ ਮਮ ਕਰਹੁ ਸਦਾ ਪ੍ਰਤਿਪਾਰਾ ॥ ਤੁਮ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਮੈ ਦਾਸ ਤਿਹਾਰਾ ॥ ਜਾਨ ਆਪਨਾ ਮੁਝੈ ਨਿਵਾਜ ॥ ਆਪ ਕਰੋ ਹਮਰੇ ਸਭ ਕਾਜ ॥੪੩੭॥
तुम मम करहु सदा प्रतिपारा ॥ तुम साहिब मै दास तिहारा ॥ जान आपना मुझै निवाज ॥ आप करो हमरे सभ काज ॥४३७॥
Sustain me ever, O Lord! Thou art my Master and I am Thy slave; be Gracious towards me, considering me as Thy own and complete all my works.437.

ਤੁਮ ਹੋ ਸਭ ਰਾਜਨ ਕੇ ਰਾਜਾ ॥ ਆਪੇ ਆਪੁ ਗਰੀਬ ਨਿਵਾਜਾ ॥ ਦਾਸ ਜਾਨ ਕਰਿ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਕਰਹੁ ਮੁਹਿ ॥ ਹਾਰ ਪਰਾ ਮੈ ਆਨ ਦ੍ਵਾਰ ਤੁਹਿ ॥੪੩੮॥
तुम हो सभ राजन के राजा ॥ आपे आपु गरीब निवाजा ॥ दास जान करि क्रिपा करहु मुहि ॥ हार परा मै आन द्वार तुहि ॥४३८॥
O Lord! Thou art eh king of all kings and Gracious towards the poor; be Benevolent towards me, considering me as Thy own, because, I have surrendered and fallen at Thy Gate.438.

ਅਪਨਾ ਜਾਨ ਕਰੋ ਪ੍ਰਤਿਪਾਰਾ ॥ ਤੁਮ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਮੈ ਕਿੰਕਰ ਥਾਰਾ ॥ ਦਾਸ ਜਾਨ ਦੈ ਹਾਥ ਉਬਾਰੋ ॥ ਹਮਰੇ ਸਭ ਬੈਰੀਅਨ ਸੰਘਾਰੋ ॥੪੩੯॥
अपना जान करो प्रतिपारा ॥ तुम साहिबु मै किंकर थारा ॥ दास जान दै हाथ उबारो ॥ हमरे सभ बैरीअन संघारो ॥४३९॥
Sustain me, considering me as Thy own; Thou art my Lord and I am Thy slave; considering me as Thy slave, save me with Thy own hands and destroy all my enemies.439.

Krishna avtar, Dasam granth

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
Inder Singh ji

I hope you now knowthat we do not trash DG here nor are we Kala Afghana mouthpieces. Personally, I have never heard or read anything by him for your information.

I think SPN is probably a more open forum than most. People who post here do not often reflect the beliefs of mods/admin. I hope you understand that because, if you could put that accusatory/judgemental style behind you, I think you could contribute a lot to Sikh discussions and a lot less people would be upset.

Feb 7, 2008
Dal singh ji

Read below

It give sikhr message

ਦੋਹਰਾ ॥
दोहरा ॥
DOHRA

ਸੱਤ੍ਰਹ ਸੈ ਪੈਤਾਲ ਮਹਿ ਸਾਵਨ ਸੁਦਿ ਥਿਤਿ ਦੀਪ ॥ ਨਗਰ ਪਾਂਵਟਾ ਸੁਭ ਕਰਨ ਜਮਨਾ ਬਹੈ ਸਮੀਪ ॥੨੪੯੦॥
स्त्रह सै पैताल महि सावन सुदि थिति दीप ॥ नगर पांवटा सुभ करन जमना बहै समीप ॥२४९०॥
In the year 1745 of the Vikrami era in the Sudi aspect of the moon in the month of Sawan, in the town of Paonta at the auspicious hour, on banks of the flowing Yamuna; (this work has been completed).2490.

ਦਸਮ ਕਥਾ ਭਾਗਉਤ ਕੀ ਭਾਖਾ ਕਰੀ ਬਨਾਇ ॥ ਅਵਰ ਬਾਸਨਾ ਨਾਹਿ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਧਰਮ ਜੁੱਧ ਕੇ ਚਾਇ ॥੨੪੯੧॥
दसम कथा भागउत की भाखा करी बनाइ ॥ अवर बासना नाहि प्रभ धरम जु्ध के चाइ ॥२४९१॥
I have composed the discourse of the tenth part (Skandh) of Bhagavat in the vernacular; O Lord ! I have no other desire and have only the zeal for the war fought on the basis of righteousness.2491.

ਸਵੈਯਾ ॥
सवैया ॥
SWAYYA

ਧੰਨ ਜੀਓ ਤਿਹ ਕੋ ਜਗ ਮੈ ਮੁਖ ਤੇ ਹਰਿ ਚਿੱਤ ਮੈ ਜੁਧੁ ਬਿਚਾਰੈ ॥ ਦੇਹ ਅਨਿੱਤ ਨ ਨਿੱਤ ਰਹੈ ਜਸੁ ਨਾਵ ਚੜੈ ਭਵਸਾਗਰ ਤਾਰੈ ॥
धंन जीओ तिह को जग मै मुख ते हरि चि्त मै जुधु बिचारै ॥ देह अनि्त न नि्त रहै जसु नाव चड़ै भवसागर तारै ॥
Bravo to the soul of that person, who remembers the Lord through his mouth and reflects in his mind about the war of righteousness; who considers this body the war of righteousness; who considers this body as transient, ascends the boat of Lords` praise and ferries across the dreadful ocean of the world;

ਧੀਰਜ ਧਾਮ ਬਨਾਇ ਇਹੈ ਤਨ ਬੁੱਧਿ ਸੁ ਦੀਪਕ ਜਿਉ ਉਜੀਆਰੈ ॥ ਗਯਾਨਹਿ ਕੀ ਬਢਨੀ ਮਨਹੁ ਹਾਥ ਲੈ ਕਾਤਰਤਾ ਕੁਤਵਾਰ ਬੁਹਾਰੈ ॥੨੪੯੨॥
धीरज धाम बनाइ इहै तन बु्धि सु दीपक जिउ उजीआरै ॥ गयानहि की बढनी मनहु हाथ लै कातरता कुतवार बुहारै ॥२४९२॥
Who makes this body as the abode of forbearance and enlightens it with the lamp of intellect and who taking the broom of knowledge in his hand sweeps away the rubbish of cowardice.2492.

ਇਤਿ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਦਸਮ ਸਿਕੰਧ ਪੁਰਾਣੇ ਬਚਿਤ੍ਰ ਨਾਟਕੇ ਗ੍ਰੰਥੇ ਕ੍ਰਿਸ਼ਨਾਵਤਾਰੇ ਧਯਾਇ ਸਮਾਪਤਮ ਸਤੁ ਸੁਭਮ ਸਤੁ ॥੨੧॥
इति स्री दसम सिकंध पुराणे बचित्र नाटके ग्रंथे क्रिशनावतारे धयाइ समापतम सतु सुभम सतु ॥२१॥
End of the concluding auspicious chapter of Krishnavatara (based on Dasham Skandh Purana) in Bachittar Natak.21.

krishna avtar, Chaubis avtar , Dasam granth

Feb 7, 2008
deal singh ji

This dohra is from ram avtar. It clearly defines sikh thought. also note the name in dohra in last line

ਸ੍ਵੈਯਾ ॥
स्वैया ॥
SWAYYA

ਪਾਂਇ ਗਹੇ ਜਬ ਤੇ ਤੁਮਰੇ ਤਬ ਤੇ ਕੋਊ ਆਂਖ ਤਰੇ ਨਹੀ ਆਨਿਯੋ ॥ ਰਾਮ ਰਹੀਮ ਪੁਰਾਨ ਕੁਰਾਨ ਅਨੇਕ ਕਹੈਂ ਮਤਿ ਏਕ ਨ ਮਾਨਿਯੋ ॥
पांइ गहे जब ते तुमरे तब ते कोऊ आंख तरे नही आनियो ॥ राम रहीम पुरान कुरान अनेक कहैं मति एक न मानियो ॥
O God ! the day when I caught hold of your feet, I do not bring anyone else under my sight; none other is liked by me now; the Puranas and the Quran try to know Thee by the names of Ram and Rahim and talk about you through several stories, but I do not accept any of their opinions;

ਸਿੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਿ ਸਾਸਤ੍ਰ ਬੇਦ ਸਭੈ ਬਹੁ ਭੇਦ ਕਹੈ ਹਮ ਏਕ ਨ ਜਾਨਿਯੋ ॥ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਅਸਿਪਾਨਿ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਤੁਮਰੀ ਕਰਿ ਮੈ ਨ ਕਹਿਯੋ ਸਭ ਤੋਹਿ ਬਖਾਨਿਯੋ ॥੮੬੩॥
सिम्रिति सासत्र बेद सभै बहु भेद कहै हम एक न जानियो ॥ स्री असिपानि क्रिपा तुमरी करि मै न कहियो सभ तोहि बखानियो ॥८६३॥
The Simritis, Shastras and Vedas describe several mysteries of yours, but I do not agree with any of them. O sword-wielder God! This all has been described by Thy Grace, what power can I have to write all this?.863.

ਦੋਹਰਾ ॥
दोहरा ॥
DOHRA

ਸਗਲ ਦੁਆਰ ਕੋ ਛਾਡਿ ਕੈ ਗਹਿਯੋ ਤੁਹਾਰੋ ਦੁਆਰ ॥ ਬਾਂਹਿ ਗਹੇ ਕੀ ਲਾਜ ਅਸਿ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਦਾਸ ਤੁਹਾਰ ॥੮੬੪॥
सगल दुआर को छाडि कै गहियो तुहारो दुआर ॥ बांहि गहे की लाज असि गोबिंद दास तुहार ॥८६४॥
O Lord ! I have forsaken all other doors and have caught hold of only Thy door. O Lord ! Thou has caught hold of my arm; I, Govind, am Thy serf, kindly take (care of me and) protect my honour.864.

dalsingh

SPNer
Jun 12, 2006
London
What about the statements about correction specifically.

and if there is any error and omission in it, then the poets may still improve (krishna avtaar)

and

if there has remained any error in it, then kindly correct it (ram avtaar)

This doesn't sound like something Guru ji would say about dhur kee bani. Guru Har Rai refused to see Ram Rai for changing a line of bani.

But. If you are saying that this portion is not like bani per se (which I think you are) and is for other considerations, such as trying to encourage a martial attitude, I could agree.

But then it goes backto defining bani. What is bani in the Dasam Granth and what not. Can we simply say those pieces that our a part of our recognised prayers are bani and those not are information for other worldly purposes?

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: