• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Ardaas Changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GillAUS

SPNer
Apr 20, 2009
Australia
For these people whole sikh literature is adulterated. Sikh history is aduleterated. They say there were no chali muktas. These people claim to follow Sikh rehat maryada but they are the ones to flout that.

Why do not they start their own sect?

Dare I say they are the Sikh version of Wahhabists? OMG

Feb 7, 2008
Vaaran of Bhai Gurdas ji are very important to elaborate on Gurbani. These also talk about sikh history.
For example visit of Guru sahib to Mecca and Baghdad is written in that. So anyone casting aspersions
on such sikh compositions is someone who has strayed from sikh path. That is what these people are doing it.

May 28, 2009
Sikhphilosophy has provided another link of sikh sangat for this thread

This following was quite interesting to know

Ardaas Changed In Finland Gurughar - The Voice of Sikh Youth

Did anyone realise that the addition of the names of 35 Bhagats is at the expense of 40 Mukte...yes they have removed the mentioning of 40 Mukte from the Ardas too...

Well thats what the notorious Sikh Missionary Colleges have been preaching since ages...that 40 Mukte never existed...and now this has been implemented by even more notorious missionaries (influenced by Inder Ghagga).....

What a Shame!

Interestingly they have adopted the Dohira which was proposed by SikhRi in their controverisal syllabus and for which they have been criticised in the panthic circles. All these organisations are hand in glove...their main aim is to disintegrate the fabric of Sikhi...

Though one part of me is totally disgusted at reading this news, the other part is happy that these people are self declared Guru Nindaks and self declared walk-outs from the panth...They can call themselves as Ghaggiyes, Kale Afghaniyes, Prof Darshaniyes, Missionariyes, Martin Lutheriyes or whatever, but they will not be called Sikhs from now on...

Gurdwara is a place where Guru's teachings are followed...The place in Finland has ceased to be called a Gurdwara...Efforts should be made to bring the Maharaj Saroop from there with full respec

Its like the same old story...A guy went far 4 villages to buy a goat...paid money for goat...and 4 Thags made a plan to take that goat from him....one came on the way and told that are you fool...people pick goat on shoulder ...not a puppy (dog)...Guy replied no no its goat...Thag replied I think somebody fooled you and made you pay for goat in turn gave u a dog....

Guy continued to his way back home...after some time..second Thag countered him and said that..wow such a nice puppy...I think you love him very much...thats why u have piked up.....Guy got confused and said..this is goat...not dog.......Thag laughed at guy and went...

after some time third Thag countered him and said ..nice puppy...are you selling it....now this guy really started thinking.....am I fooled or not....but said no I am not selling it..and put the puppy down and not dragging the goat....continued his journey and was thinking...if this is puppy ..then villagers will laugh at me saying that you went to buy a goat and bought a puppy ..paying money for goat..... at last fourth Thag came on the way and said that same thing , this time guy handed over the goat to Thag....... those from Finland are like that guy and somebody is fooling them...

This is what these non sikhs are doing with Sikhs....since long time world is trying to finish Sikhs...but Khalsa is Pragatya....and once anything is Pragat...remains in world...never goes back...

"Satgur Nanak Pargatya...Miti Dhund Jag Chanank Howa"....

Guru Ji is here with us...he never went back....so how come Khalsa be extinct.........never...

Well I remembered from Katha by Giani Sant Singh Ji Maskeen...that whatever is precious...its rare and found in very less quantity in world...Say precious metal...plantinum and gold....but we find Iron everywhere...iron is not as precious as Plantinum and gold...same are Sikhs...Waheguru want to keep it precious...thats why we are less...

One more thing I remembered from his katha veechar...that those who suffered a lot ...flourished a lot.... most suffered were Jews...now Jews are are the richest community in the world...and second most suffered are Sikhs....Sikhs were poor...but today Sikhs are spreading everywhere...they are at high positions...flourishing ....

well one has to remember Guru everytime.......Waheguru Bhali kare.........

Chardi Kala............

May 28, 2009
Sikhs ahd ten gurus and they were equally important for sikhs. Composition of our gurus is called GURBANI whether contained in SGGS ji or not PERIOD

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa..Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh... Inder Singh Ji...

I would like to say something...and I am sorry ..but in Ardaas we say 10 Paatshahi...not 10 Guru's...There was, and is..only and only one Guru...that's Guru Nanak Ji...and he was there in all 9 roops and now is in Dhan Dhan....Sri..Guru Granth Sahib Ji...

Bhul chuk di maafi ji...

Waheguru Kirpa Kare.........Barkataan Bakshe....

Chardi Kala.......

May 28, 2009
Inder Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

You write:

There you go again pretending to play Ik Ong Kaar. What a shame! FYI, only Ik Ong Kaar knows that and decides that. You, I or anyone else will never find that out.

I am sorry to say that it is sheer arrogance on your part to say the least to act like that.

What a shame!

Tejwant Singh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa...Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh...Tejwant Singh Ji

how about our Guru saying it....

Rehat Bina Neh Sikh Kahavey…Rehat Bina Dar Chottan Khawey” , “Rehni Rahey Soyi Sikh Mera…O Sahib ..Main Uska Chera”………..and what is first step of Rehat…

Pratham Rehat Eh Jaan ..Khande Ki Pahul Chake”.

it doen't mean just have the Pahul and do nothing...SGGS Ji is along with it...one has to follow it.... those who doesn't follow SGGS Ji ...and is not a Sikh of Guru....Jagat guru....Sri Guru Nanak Ji...........

Bhul Chuk Maafi...........

Chardi Kala.......
[/FONT]

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
GillAUS ji,

Guru Fateh.

You write:

They are there to aid the understanding of the philosophy of Sri Guru Granth Sahib.

I beg to disagree with your above assertion. SGGS needs no aid from anyone especially Bahi Gurdas ji who had a Hindu mentality. SGGS is stand alone "Toolbox". IT gives us the tools how to breed goodness within.

Guru Nanak says in Japji:

"Gaviei suniei,munn rakhiei bahao, Dukh parHar sukh ghar lei jai"

In the above pauri and in many others one can find the aid/key to understand the philosophy of SGGS.

We chant Gurbani from Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji loudly because it is written in the poetic and musical form. This was a great idea by our visionary Gurus. By chanting and singing Gurbani loudly, one liberates oneself from the self created cocoons, one breaks the walls one has constructed around him/her. One bursts out of the self made bubble. Once this is done then our visionary Gurus tell us to study Gurbani so that we can understand it, put it into practice so that it can become our second nature which in result will help us elevate our level of normalcy. By understanding and then putting Gurbani into practice,what seemed impossible yesterday, becomes probable today and then with HIS grace- Nadar-, it ought to become a piece of cake the next day.

One can open the Guru Granth randomly on any page and find the inspiration, motivation, determination, perseverance and, last but not least, the acceptance of Hukam.

So, as you can see, SGGS needs no "Cliff notes".

Hence Guru Gobind Singh ji bestowed Guruship on SGGS. IT is our only GURU. Why would our GURU need an aid? Did other Gurus need that?

Something to ponder about.

History says that even Guru Arjan Dev ji referred to Bhai Gurdas's writings as being a 'key'.

Yes, it is said by many but there is no proof because the fact remains SGGS is complete and stand alone. The reason for this belief in my opinion is because Punjabi culture in ingrained with finding "facts" through second hand information. It is due to the heirarchial culture. Whatever our own elders or other elders say, we believe in it blindly. Guru Nanak eliminated the heirarchy starting with our second Guru Angad rather than his own son. The same concept continued and we had Guru Harkrishan as our 8th Guru. Elders can be wrong and are wrong many a times. There is nothing wrong with that.

What it teaches us as Sikhs is to seek for the first hand information on our own through SGGS, our only stand alone aidless GURU.

Tejwant Singh

vsgrewal48895

Writer
SPNer
Mar 12, 2009
Michigan
For those who believe in Kathas/Suraj Parkash or other stories of Gurus;

Suraj Parkash, Vol 1

Anecdote; One

Sakhi # 154. Guru Ji Di Seva, Page, 543

Abstract from Page 546;

ਸਭਤੋਂਹੋਰਔਖੀਸੇਵਾਸੀ੍ਗੁਰੂਔਗਦਦੇਵਜੀਦੇਔਨਗੂਠੇਨੂੰਮੂੰਹਵਿਚਰਖਕੇਬੈਠਣਾ ਸੀ੍ਗੁਰੂਔਗਦਦੇਵਜੀਦੇਚਰਨਦੇਔਗੂਠੇਉਤੇਜ਼ਖਮਸੀਜਿੰਨਾਚਿਰਗੁਰੂਅਮਰਦਾਸਜੀਮੂੰਹਵਿਚਪਾਕੇਨਾਬੈਠਦੇਉਹਨਾਚਿਰਗੁਰੂਔਗਦਦੇਵਜੀਨੂੰਨੀਂਦਨਾਆਉਂਦੀ ਇਸਤਰ੍ਹਾਂਸੇਵਾਕਰਦਿਆਂਹੋਇਆਂਸੇਵਾਚਾਰਸਾਲਬੀਤਗਏ
Sabh Toan Hoar Aoukhee Seva Siri Guru Angad Dev Ji They Angoothay Noon Moonh Vich Rakh Kay Baithnaa ] Siri Guru Angad Dev Ji De Charan De Angoothay Outay Zakham See] Jina Chir Guru Amardas Ji Moonh Vich Pa-kay Na Baithday Ohna Chir Guru Angad Dev Ji Noon Neend Na Aoundi] Iss Tarnha Seva Kardian Hoeyaa Seva Chaar Saal Beet Gaey.

Guru Angad had an ulcer on the big toe of his foot (Probably Gout/Diabetic ulcer).
Which was very painful? The only way he could sleep was if Amardas (later Guru Amardas) kept the toe in his mouth. It carried on for 4 years. This is in reference to the selfless service of Guru Amardas towards Guru Angad Dev.
------Ref, Suraj Parkash, translated as Nanak Parkash (Nirankari Darshan) by Giani Gian Singh, Page, 546
IMHO such a story can create doubts and duality.

Cordially,
Virinder S. Grewal
Williamston, MI

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa...Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh...Tejwant Singh Ji

how about our Guru saying it....

Rehat Bina Neh Sikh Kahavey…Rehat Bina Dar Chottan Khawey” , “Rehni Rahey Soyi Sikh Mera…O Sahib ..Main Uska Chera”………..and what is first step of Rehat… [/FONT]

Pratham Rehat Eh Jaan ..Khande Ki Pahul Chake”. [/FONT]

it doen't mean just have the Pahul and do nothing...SGGS Ji is along with it...one has to follow it.... those who doesn't follow SGGS Ji ...and is not a Sikh of Guru....Jagat guru....Sri Guru Nanak Ji...........[/FONT]

Bhul Chuk Maafi...........[/FONT]

Chardi Kala.......[/FONT]

Adskhalsa ji,

Guru Fateh.

I agree with you but please define REHAT for me in lay man's terms with the help of SGGS.

Thanks

Tejwant Singh

May 28, 2009
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa...Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh..

Thanks to Gyani Ji for clearing doubt about Baani and Gurbani....:wah:

Out of curiosity I would like to ask a silly question...Even Baani of Bhagats, Bhat, ...I mean all Baani included in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is..dhur ki Baani/ Khasam Ki baani ..or only Guru Nanak Ji's (Stamped) Baani is Khasam Ki Baani...?

Bhul Chuk di Maafi...

Chardi Kala......

May 28, 2009
Adskhalsa ji,

Guru Fateh.

I agree with you but please define REHAT for me in lay man's terms with the help of SGGS.

Thanks

Tejwant Singh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa..Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.... Tejwant Singh Ji...

I am sorry...but I am just saying about what is the first step to become a Sikh...I only know this...still trying to gain knowledge of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji...Guru de mehar hovegi taan jaroor koshish karaanga ki is da jawab vi de saqaan.....

eh shabad di panktiyaan saanjhi kitti ae..

RENHI_RAHE_SOYI_SIKH_MERA-_KATHA_SAHIT-WWW.SHAYRIWORLD.COM

if we go by Rehat Maryada of SGPC..its available online at SGPC.net

Sikh Reht Maryada, The Definition of Sikh, Sikh Conduct & Conventions, Sikh Religion Living, India

Bhul Chuk Maaf....

Chardi Kala............

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Dare I say they are the Sikh version of Wahhabists? OMG

GillAUS ji,

Guru Fateh.

I take umbrage at your above statement. I have no idea if you know that Wahhabists were the ones who attacked on 9-11 and killed 3000 people from different countires including my class mate from the UK.

So for you to compare those who disagree with you about Sikhi to the Wahhabists shows more about your parochial and myopic thought process than anything else. Sikhi is about cultivating openmindedness where disagreements ought to occur. Let's not abuse that privilege given to us by our Gurus through SGGS.

I have no problem if you agree with Inder Singh who is famous in many forums to be abusive,arrogant and believing in his Jatt caste and living by it whereas at the same time he claims to be Amritdhari. He calls others who do not agree with him heretics when I have shown the same about him in his own posts.

So let us stick to the topics in hands so all can learn from all participants. When one throws mud at others, one has to dirty one's own hands first. There is no other way of doing it.

So, I hope to have a civilised interaction with you regarding Sikhi where disagreements may occur.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa..Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.... Tejwant Singh Ji...

I am sorry...but I am just saying about what is the first step to become a Sikh...I only know this...still trying to gain knowledge of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji...Guru de mehar hovegi taan jaroor koshish karaanga ki is da jawab vi de saqaan.....

eh shabad di panktiyaan saanjhi kitti ae..

RENHI_RAHE_SOYI_SIKH_MERA-_KATHA_SAHIT-WWW.SHAYRIWORLD.COM

if we go by Rehat Maryada of SGPC..its available online at SGPC.net

Sikh Reht Maryada, The Definition of Sikh, Sikh Conduct & Conventions, Sikh Religion Living, India

Bhul Chuk Maaf....

Chardi Kala............

AdsKhalsa ji,

Guru Fateh.

You quoted about the word Rehat in your post and based your argument on it. So, I asked you a simple question, define Rehat that you base your argument on. Nothing more.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
For these people whole sikh literature is adulterated. Sikh history is aduleterated. They say there were no chali muktas. These people claim to follow Sikh rehat maryada but they are the ones to flout that.

Why do not they start their own sect?

Inder Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

There you go spewing your anger at those who disagree with you and flaunting your arrogance pretending to play Ik Ong Kaar, again and again.

What a shame that a person who calls him Amritdhari would have so much anger and hatred built up within!

Tejwant Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Tejwant ji

I had myself some confusion about the use of the term Wahadists. Exactly who would be referenced with that term? This is essentially an extremist group within Islam -- as we all know -- that promotes cultural goals in the name of a particular interpretation of the Quran and Sharia. So we do need clarification. aad0002

Feb 7, 2008
There you go spewing your anger at those who disagree with you and flaunting your arrogance pretending to play Ik Ong Kaar, again and again.

What a shame that a person who calls him Amritdhari would have so much anger and hatred built up within!

There is nothing wrong that i wrote. For you the whole sikh history is suspect. You do not follow sikh rehat maryada.

Truth is bitter. have the capacity to chew what i wrote.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Message of Guru granth sahib ji is to spirit. Those who think that it will tell us about rehat are fooling around.

Inder Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

First of all, my question was directed to AdsKhalsa who had used REHAT in his argument. I asked him a simple question to define the word.

Now rather than defining it, you are running away from it by accusing others.

What Gurmat values do you base your above accusation on?

Please give refrences from SGGS.

Thanks.

Tejwant Singh

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Tejwant ji

I had myself some confusion about the use of the term Wahadists. Exactly who would be referenced with that term? This is essentially an extremist group within Islam -- as we all know -- that promotes cultural goals in the name of a particular interpretation of the Quran and Sharia. So we do need clarification. aad0002

Antonia ji,

Guru Fateh.

I totally agree with you. It shows an abusive nature of a person who accuses other Sikhs who disagree with him/her as Wahabbists. Wahabbism is the cornerstone of all what Alqueda and the Taliban have been doing all around the world.

Tejwant Singh

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: