• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Ardaas Changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2008
well I am new to this forum and you are such a great scholar

He is a great scholar in dodging issues. If you come to know about his knowledge about SGGS ji you wil be pleaseantly surprised how he interprets the message. For example there is no soul, reincanation, no karma in sikhism etc. he is here to chase away people.

Feb 7, 2008
I never used the word Rehat Maryada. The discussion between myself and AdsKhalsa was about REHAT not about Rehat Maryada. You need to read the posts before you jump to conclusions and start lying about Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Who is a heretic now?
smile.gif

You are a conman also. How you distort the subject. Our refrence was always to Sikh rehat maryada or temporal aspect of sikh living.

Feb 7, 2008
This was my previous message from where the subject of sikh rehat came in the discussion.How people distort the discussion, it is amazing to note.

The fact remains that Bhai gurdas ji's bani is accepted by khalsa panth to be read per Sikh rehat maryada.

Message of Guru Granth Sahib relates to soul. Guru Granth Sahib will not have Sikh history in it.

If some do not accept Sikh rehat maryada then i have nothing to discuss further with such fellows.

Unquote

May 28, 2009
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa..Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh...

Tejwant Singh ji...

I was always saying that following Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is rehat....I just blindly know that....and as I said I am dumb in Sikhi, I just know to follow SGGS Ji....

We would not have so much katha veecharak ..if everybody wants other to do of it own...the matter should be discussed ...not dragged...

Sorry if i hurted any body....

Chardi Kala...........

Feb 7, 2008
Moreover, I was not taking any jibes at anybody here at this forum - I was merely referring to the broader spectrum of those people in the Sikh community that have this similar attitude towards our religion, i.e. Inder Ghagga, Kala Afghana types.

You are right. People like Inder Ghagha do not spare SGGS ji also. They say that it should not be in prakash. It should be folded and kept in a cupboard. They are taking the whole element of respect out
of sikhism. They do not respect the lives of our Gurus. They say naam japna is gorakh dhandha.Waheguru is not Gurmantra etc.It is atheism at best.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Inder Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

You have disappointed me with your blatant lies, false accusations and ducking when asked for references. It shows that you claim to know a lot but you have no way to prove it. To the contrary.

Read the below post by AdsKhalsa ji and read what I asked him about it. And stop being angry. It is ok to admit when you are at fault and lie.:)

how about our Guru saying it....

Rehat Bina Neh Sikh Kahavey…Rehat Bina Dar Chottan Khawey” , “Rehni Rahey Soyi Sikh Mera…O Sahib ..Main Uska Chera”………..and what is first step of Rehat… [/FONT]

Pratham Rehat Eh Jaan ..Khande Ki Pahul Chake”. [/FONT]

it doen't mean just have the Pahul and do nothing...SGGS Ji is along with it...one has to follow it.... those who doesn't follow SGGS Ji ...and is not a Sikh of Guru....Jagat guru....Sri Guru Nanak Ji...........[/FONT]

Inder ji,

TRUTH is the only gateway to freedom. You are right. People who lie are con men and last but not the least, I am just a Seeker, a Learner, a Sikh, NOT a Scholar, unlike you.:)

Regards and Seek the truth that is what Sikhi is based on.

Tejwant Singh

Feb 7, 2008
Tejwant ji

Do not try to wiggle out by distorting the issue. When we say sikh rehat we mean sikh rehat maryada where a sikh has baptism of tenth master. That is what aadkhalsa is saying.

Here is my question

Are you a baptized sikh? If so what banis you read in nitnem?

Do you follow sikh rehat maryada?

GillAUS

SPNer
Apr 20, 2009
Australia
You are right. People like Inder Ghagha do not spare SGGS ji also. They say that it should not be in prakash. It should be folded and kept in a cupboard. They are taking the whole element of respect out
of sikhism. They do not respect the lives of our Gurus. They say naam japna is gorakh dhandha.Waheguru is not Gurmantra etc.It is atheism at best.

You are right - in some way, when you look at it, it does seem that these people are trying to impose their sceptic/athiest views onto Sikhi by creating their own version of it to suit that viewpoint.

What's even funnier is that they claim to be so scholarly, but their views (especially those concerning Sri Dasam Granth) totally contradict the TRUE (and universally respected) Sikh scholars from over the last century which mostly agreed that Sri Dasam Granth was/is Gurbani.

Feb 7, 2008
What's even funnier is that they claim to be so scholarly, but their views (especially those concerning Sri Dasam Granth) totally contradict the TRUE (and universally respected) Sikh scholars from over the last century which mostly agreed that Sri Dasam Granth was/is Gurbani.

Dasam granth is very important scripture for sikhs as an organized religion. They want to create confusion
among young generation by sheer propaganda against it. They have an agenda and they are following it.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Tejwant ji

Do not try to wiggle out by distorting the issue. When we say sikh rehat we mean sikh rehat maryada where a sikh has baptism of tenth master. That is what aadkhalsa is saying.

Here is my question

Are you a baptized sikh? If so what banis you read in nitnem?

Do you follow sikh rehat maryada?

Inder Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

Suffice to say that you love to distort and lie. When caught you get abusive. You lied about SGGS. What a shame.

When you learn to follow the thread in a correct manner, then only we can have a further discussion. In the meantime read and enjoy the panna numbers I gave you from SGGS regarding Rehat which you had no idea existed in it and denied the existence.

Lastly, SGGS is our only Guru. Denying that it says anything about Rehat is not a Sikhi way.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

PS: I have given references to all you have asked, yet you have failed to give any even when asked repeatedly, which shows a kind of person you are.

GillAUS

SPNer
Apr 20, 2009
Australia
Dasam granth is very important scripture for sikhs as an organized religion. They want to create confusion
among young generation by sheer propaganda against it. They have an agenda and they are following it.

Inder Singh ji,

Somehow, I think although they will try very hard to propogate their beliefs, we all know that ultimately the truth prevails.

May 28, 2009
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa..Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh...

Sorry for going off topic...

This Jo Bole So Nihaal movie impacted our Jai Kara very badly.... our Jai Kara is "Bole So Nihaal...Sat Sri Akaal"...I don't know how come we added Jo to it and make it conditional....

From Nitem..I remember from katha veechar of Bhai Amreek Singh Ji....somebody dumb like me saying I do nitnem of Sukhmani Sahib once every week....O Guru's Sikh....its a Haftawaari...not Nitnem.... sorry out of topic....just remembered .......

Again a silly and stupid question... many times I saw Sangat writing IMHO... well I think its abbreviation...but I am not a Chatting personality...so could not able to guess it...

Please...anybody from Sangat...will tell me what does it mean..

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa...Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh..

Thanks to Gyani Ji for clearing doubt about Baani and Gurbani....:wah:

Out of curiosity I would like to ask a silly question...Even Baani of Bhagats, Bhat, ...I mean all Baani included in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is..dhur ki Baani/ Khasam Ki baani ..or only Guru Nanak Ji's (Stamped) Baani is Khasam Ki Baani...?

Bhul Chuk di Maafi...

Chardi Kala......

Guru Piayario Jio,
Gurfateh.

Why the "doubt..duality" ?

GURU NANAK JI SAHIB CHOSE that Bani to be INCLUDED as EQUAL among His Bani.
SO its Guru nanak jis CHOICE and perfectly acceptable to His SIKHS.
Guru Arjun Ji also continued this and INCLUDED that bani as well as Bhatt Swiayhs, Bards satta Balwands bani, and sunder jis sadd. Finally GURU GOBIND SINGH JI alos continued the SAME while adding Guru teg bahadur Jis Bani.
THUS we have PROOF that this Bani was CHOSEN and given Place of HONOUR by THREE GURU SAHIBS. This is also the Most Solid Proof that ALL TEN GURUS were indeed ONE JYOT..that of GURU NANAK JI...who brought all Gurbani from OUR KHASAM..Akal Purakh...and this CHOICE was AFFIRMED three times by three different Gurus over a long period of nearly 100 Years ++ .

Just like some self serving sikhs with an AGENDA are second guessing the GURU GOBIND SINGH JIS DECISION to appoint ONLY ONE GRANTH..SGGS as the SOLE GURU after Him... soem such sikhs also decided to second guess the GURU Nanak Ji sahib, Guur Arjun Ji sahiba nd Guru Gobind Singh Ji Sahib.... JIs ...and REMOVE Bhagat bani, Bhatt swaiyahs, Sunder Jis Sadd and Satta balwands banis from the SGGS and produce a so called "PURE Version" of sggs. Luckily the GURU KHALSA PANTH at that time was STRONGER, More UNITED and RESOURCEFUL to NIP this in the BUD. The person doing this Gross SIN was later thrown out by the panth as he refused to apologise. Now the Panth after the continuing attacks and infiltrations of the past 60 years through INTERNAL AGENTS of the RSS and the Indian Govts attacks for 10 years on the Sikhs..feel strong enough to put forward ther nefarious evil designs once again..and hope thye can succeed this time..BUT they DONT KNOW the POWER of the Guru Khalsa Panth. How silly these people are..they quote the Chibbar bansawalinama about the Chhota Granth and etc and GURU GOBIND SINGH JI SPECIFICALLY SAYS *( according to their own articles quoted) that this "chhotta Granth" is to be KEPT SEPARATE..etc etc and NOT COMBINED with the SGGS..the One adn only AAD GRANTH....yet it si said that BHAI Mani Singh went ahead and RECOMBINED the Two Granths into one volume ??? Can Bahi mani Singh really DISREGARD the Guru like that ??and so did a few others who bound the two granths into ONE JILD...JHOOTH de Paer nahin hundeh..SACH kadeh PURANNA nahin Hundah... The SGGS has survived the most TUMULTOUS PERIOD of Sikh hsitory when Sikh heads were sold for RS 80...and it survived because it is KHASAM KI BANI..our GURU...The GURU can take care of Himslef..and will survive these attacks...Panth Ki Jeet always...

Feb 7, 2008
Some silly people do not know that dasam Granth compositions are mentioned in all literature of that time
starting from Parchain sewa dass written in 1708, Gurshobha of kavi sainapat written in 1711, Rehatnamas of Bhai nand lal ji, Bhai Dya singh, Bhai chaupa singh etc etc.

What other proof these Gurnindaks want when the manuscripts are there and proof is there that Dasam granth banis were read during Amrit sanchar of 1699.

What banis they people read in their nitnem? Do they have a different set of Nitnem?

Feb 7, 2008
http://www.sikhreview.org/march2001/chronicle.htm

Creation of Khalsa as described by
Bhatt Sarup Singh Kaushish
in "Guru Kian Sakhian"

[Part II]@

Harnam Singh Shan, D.Litt.*

* Eminent scholar, former Prof. & Chair, Guru Nanak Studies, Punjab University, Chandigarh.

[605, Sector 16 Chandigarh, 160015, Punjab]

Paying at first her obeisance to Guru ji, she poured the patasas from her lap into that bowl. The all-knowing Guru ji did not look at her and continued with his recitation of Jap ji with full concentration. After reciting the sacred compositions of Jap ji, Jaap Sahib, Sawayyas and Chaupai, he recited Anand Sahib. When the ambrosial elixir became ready, he stood up and performed the Ardas. Concluding it with the prayer; he called out Fateh, and raised aloud the spirited chant of Sat Sri Akal.

Unquote

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
ਸੁਣੀ ਪੁਕਾਰਿ ਦਾਤਾਰ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਜਗ ਮਾਹਿ ਪਠਾਇਆ ।
sunee pukaari daataar prabhu guru naanak jag maahi patdaaiaa|
The benefactor Lord listened to the cries (of humanity) and sent Guru Nanak to this world.

ਚਰਨ ਧੋਇ ਰਹਰਾਸਿ ਕਰਿ ਚਰਣਾਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਸਿਖਾਂ ਪੀਲਾਇਆ ।
charan dhoi raharaasi kari charanaamritu sikhaan peelaaiaa|
He washed His feet, eulogised God and got his Disciples drink the ambrosia of his feet.

ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਪੂਰਨ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਕਲਿਜੁਗਿ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਇਕੁ ਦਿਖਾਇਆ ।
paarabrahamu pooran brahamu kalijugi andari iku dikhaaiaa|
He preached in this darkage (kaliyug) that, saragun (Brahm) and nirgun (Parbrahm) are the same and identical.

ਚਾਰੇ ਪੈਰ ਧਰਮ ਦੇ ਚਾਰਿ ਵਰਨਿ ਇਕੁ ਵਰਨੁ ਕਰਾਇਆ ।
chaaray pair dharam day chaari varani iku varanu karaaiaa|
Dharma was now established on its four feet and all the four castes (through fraternal feeling) were converted into one caste (of humanity).

ਰਾਣਾ ਰੰਕੁ ਬਰਾਬਰੀ ਪੈਰੀ ਪਾਵਣਾ ਜਗਿ ਵਰਤਾਇਆ ।
raanaa ranku baraabaree pairee paavanaa jagi varataaiaa|
Equating the poor with the prince, he spread the etiquette of humbly touching the feet.

ਉਲਟਾ ਖੇਲੁ ਪਿਰੰਮ ਦਾ ਪੈਰਾ ਉਪਰਿ ਸੀਸੁ ਨਿਵਾਇਆ ।
ulataa khaylu piranm daa pairaa upari seesu nivaaiaa|
Inverse is the game of the beloved; he got the egotist high heads bowed to feet.

ਕਲਿਜੁਗੁ ਬਾਬੇ ਤਾਰਿਆ ਸਤਿਨਾਮੁ ਪੜ੍ਹਿ ਮੰਤ੍ਰ ਸੁਣਾਇਆ ।
kalijugu baabay taariaa satinaamu parhhi mantr sunaaiaa|
Baba Nanak rescued this dark age (kaliyug) and recited ‘satinam’ mantr for one and all.

ਕਲਿ ਤਾਰਣਿ ਗੁਰੁ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਆਇਆ ॥੨੩॥
kali taarani guru naanaku aaiaa ॥23॥
Guru Nanak came to redeem the kaliyug.

Khalsa ji

Here is the entire pauree. What is there in this pauree that makes one think that "drink the ambrosia of his feet" means the water in which the Guru washed his feet? And in reading the entire pauree, could there not be a larger and more spiritual lesson that goes beyond the literal sense of water for washing feet, and water for amrit?

Does that sound like Guru Nanak? Would he do that?

Khalsa Ji,
Gurfateh.

This is so clear.
Charan Dhoi..washed His feet...( for what ??)
Rehraas Kar..( To do rehrass Paath).

Rehrass is the EVENING PRAYER...and Guur nanak ji as well as most of His Sikhs were FARMERS..who toiled in their fileds..came back home in the evening..all dirty and sweating. They all sat down to Perform REHRAASS after washing thweir FEET.
This washign of FEET is still practised in ALL Gurdwaras in India...every sangat member walks through a Trough of flowing water to clean his/her feet...

SIMPLE COMMONSENSE....still being practised TODAY.

And then..the CHARAMRIT is the GURBANI THOUGHTS..the AMRIT of Khasam Ki bani that FLOWS at the FEET..the CHARANKAMAL of the TRUE GURU...the SIKHS "DRINK" that AMRIT by sitting at the Charankamals of the GURU....

Again Simple Commonsense....we too all SIT at the FEET..the Charankamal of the SGGS...even TODAY...and DRINK the AMRIT of GURBANI that is being served in all GURDWARAS....

We love to make simple things complicated...how the SANTS/SAADHS would LOVE it IF this "practise" were to get a great following...they could then SELL their washing/bathing water as Amrit..and make a killing ( not that they dont do that now )....:advocate::advocate:

Feb 7, 2008
When a sikh was getting initiated there was a procedure to take Gurmantra. That was Charan pahul and then Gurmantra.

Guru gobind singh ji substituted that by kahnde bate di pahul. In that panj piaras give Gurmantra.

Bhai gurdas ji has written the fact about the procedure. There is no rocket science involved here.Otherwise give us refrence from sikh history disproving that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: