• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Why Is Sikhism The True Religion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2008
England
Well Kairos its good to see you post without using the bible for quotes even if it is a few words lol. You must have read all about that incest as Tejwant Ji just described in the bible i certainly have. I dont understand after reading such barbaric discusting acts why one would simply follow and believe as Gods Gospel. But everyone has their own views and opinions. I dont buy into the New Testament for the simple reason that old angry jealous God has now cooled down. If my dad behaved anything like the God of the Old Testament he would be in Jail or even worse.

Kairos

SPNer
Jul 17, 2010
Well Kairos its good to see you post without using the bible for quotes even if it is a few words lol. You must have read all about that incest as Tejwant Ji just described in the bible i certainly have. I dont understand after reading such barbaric discusting acts why one would simply follow and believe as Gods Gospel.

the related episode is just a episode, a story of the book of Genesis. Its not written with the intent, someone should follow,and do , what they did. The Gospel belongs to the new testament, and englobes the four gospels of the life of Jesus Christ.

But everyone has their own views and opinions. I dont buy into the New Testament for the simple reason that old angry jealous God has now cooled down. If my dad behaved anything like the God of the Old Testament he would be in Jail or even worse.

Have you ever read the old testament ?

Sep 27, 2008
England
Yes of course i have read the Old Testament, the New Testament too. Jesus was Jewish and spoke for his people. He referred to us as Gentiles and even referred to us as dogs in one quote, i am sure you have read it or chose to ignore it. It was Paul who bought the Gentiles into Christianty. I dont even want to go into the meeting Constantine set up regarding the christians.

Last edited:

Kairos

SPNer
Jul 17, 2010
Yes of course i have read the Old Testament, the New Testament too. Jesus was Jewish and spoke for his people. He referred to us as Gentiles and even referred to us as dogs in one quote, i am sure you have read it or chose to ignore it. It was Paul who bought the Gentiles into Christianty. I dont even want to go into the meeting Constantine set up regarding the christians.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Did-Jesus-Call-That-Woman-a-Dog?&id=929375

The woman begins the incident by calling out to Jesus. The title she uses is significant. She doesn't address him with general titles of respect like teacher, rabbi or master, but rather she addresses him as "Son of David." The title "Son of David" is a very exclusive title, which is only used to refer to the Jewish Messiah. (See Mt 12:23 and Mt 22:41-42.) Additionally, the revelation of Jesus as Messiah only comes directly from God, as evidenced by Peter's confession of Jesus as Messiah to which Jesus replied," Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in Heaven." Mt.16: 16-17.

According to Matthew's account, the woman continues calling out even though Jesus is silent. The disciples finally intervene. Rather than being stunned by her recognition of Jesus as Messiah, their response is cultural, asking Jesus to send her away.

Jesus doesn't send her away, but states, "I was sent only to the lost children of Israel," and "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs." There are only two ways the woman can respond. She can assume she's being called a dog and take offense, or she can discern the spiritual message hidden beneath that statement. By her response, she appears to understand that Jesus' primary calling is to the Jews, but incredibly, she also recognizes that just crumbs, the size that would thoughtlessly fall under the table, are enough for what she's asking.

If Jesus decided to cast out the demon, would "the house be unoccupied" for the demon and seven more evil than itself to return and enter the girl? Or, was there evidence that the daughter would be protected by the presence of God?

The woman's recognition of Jesus as the Son of David, her comprehension of the spiritual message underlying Jesus' response to her, and her belief that this miracle required nothing more than crumbs of Jesus' power provided overwhelming evidence for Jesus to declare, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted."

Did Jesus call that woman a dog? On a superficial level, the answer is yes. But, on a spiritual level, Jesus was offering this woman the opportunity to prove that she did indeed have a relationship with the Father; a relationship that would assure her daughter of a future protected from a fate worse than possession by one demon.

Seeker9

Cleverness is not wisdom
SPNer
May 2, 2010
UK
Well, i actually believe, the gospel of John was written by the apostle John, which was a eyewitness. It makes no difference, how much after Jesus dead and ressurrection it was written. I believe the holy spirit of God inspired the writer to write down exactly, what God wanted him to write.

You have contradicted yourself again as in an earlier post you acknowledged human influences on OT texts....unless you are suggesting your God decided that deliberately and only the NT was to be aided by the Holy Spirit

Your point about time is silly. You tell me what you were doing 5 years ago today. What places did you go to? Who did you meet? What conversations did you have??

Sep 27, 2008
England
If you read Matthew 15 verse 24, it clearly says: Then jesus replied,"I have been sent only to the lost sheep of the people of israel". You can interpret into any way you want but the message there is very clear. That is why i say he spoke for his people the Jews only. Anyway goodluck to you. As mentioned earlier by Tejwant Ji your statements will not work here.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Well Kairos its good to see you post without using the bible for quotes even if it is a few words lol. You must have read all about that incest as Tejwant Ji just described in the bible i certainly have. I dont understand after reading such barbaric discusting acts why one would simply follow and believe as Gods Gospel. But everyone has their own views and opinions. I dont buy into the New Testament for the simple reason that old angry jealous God has now cooled down. If my dad behaved anything like the God of the Old Testament he would be in Jail or even worse.

ugsbay ji,

Guru Fateh.

Kairos is full of contradictions. Your above post shows that the rapist, murderer God that Kairos serves is not PERFECT as he had to "cool down" in the NT which is hillarious to say the least.

Allow me to give another example of a good father which the God that allows incest, rapes and killings of the innocents is not.

A loving god would do like a loving parent and put plastic locks in the electrical outlets,locks on doors to cleaning fluids, etc. etc. He will not say," Look, there is some battery acid, I am going away and it is right here in your room, but do not play with it".

Allow me to close this post from verse number 8, Ashtpadi3 of Gauri Sukhmani beautifully expressed by our 5th Guru, Guru Arjan Dev ji who was tortured to death by the King who also served the rapist and the murderer God of Abraham that Kairos does.

This beautiful Gurbani is also known as "The Psalm of Peace".

Of all religions, the best religion is to invoke the Name of God and maintain pure conduct. Of all religious rituals, the most sublime ritual is to erase the filth of the mind in the company of humble. Of all efforts, the best effort is to plant the Name of God in your heart, forever. Of all speech, the best speech is to hear God's praise and speak it with your tongue. Of all places, the most sublime place, O Nanak, is that heart in which the Name of God abides. Sri Guru Granth Sahib page 266

Regards

Tejwant Singh

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Kairos ji

Thanks for taking the time to describe how you understand the biblical passage in which a woman addresses Jesus as the "son of David." However, you make some other claims that don't quite align with history.

When indeed did the message of the son of David become a message to Christians? Not during his lifetime and not for some considerable time thereafter.

When did the followers of Jesus begin to be Christians as clearly distinguished from Jews who followed Jesus, according to historical (not evangelistic accounts)? When did they stop calling themselves Jews? Who were the first to call them Christians? How long after the death of Jesus? Who were the sources for this information? Timing and chronology are important. Please do not quote any epistles or biblical texts when you answer. I am interested in a historical account not a religious one. Are there any sources contemporaneous with the life of Jesus.

Kairos

SPNer
Jul 17, 2010
You have contradicted yourself again as in an earlier post you acknowledged human influences on OT texts....unless you are suggesting your God decided that deliberately and only the NT was to be aided by the Holy Spirit

Your point about time is silly. You tell me what you were doing 5 years ago today. What places did you go to? Who did you meet? What conversations did you have??

Why do you think i contradicted myself ? I believe all scripture , OT, and NT, was inspired by God, as written :

2.Timothy 3:16 : Every scripture 23 is inspired by God 24 and useful for teaching, for reproof, 25 for correction, and for training in righteousness, 3:17 that the person dedicated to God 26 may be capable 27 and equipped for every good work.

Kairos

SPNer
Jul 17, 2010
If you read Matthew 15 verse 24, it clearly says: Then jesus replied,"I have been sent only to the lost sheep of the people of israel". You can interpret into any way you want but the message there is very clear. That is why i say he spoke for his people the Jews only. Anyway goodluck to you. As mentioned earlier by Tejwant Ji your statements will not work here.

In fact, Jesus was sent to the Jews only, but his sacrifice has validity for all humanity, and people of all nations, who believe in him as Lord and Saviour. as clearly stated in acts.

Kairos

SPNer
Jul 17, 2010
Kairos ji

Thanks for taking the time to describe how you understand the biblical passage in which a woman addresses Jesus as the "son of David." However, you make some other claims that don't quite align with history.

When indeed did the message of the son of David become a message to Christians? Not during his lifetime and not for some considerable time thereafter.

When did the followers of Jesus begin to be Christians as clearly distinguished from Jews who followed Jesus, according to historical (not evangelistic accounts)? When did they stop calling themselves Jews? Who were the first to call them Christians? How long after the death of Jesus? Who were the sources for this information? Timing and chronology are important. Please do not quote any epistles or biblical texts when you answer. I am interested in a historical account not a religious one. Are there any sources contemporaneous with the life of Jesus.

i don't know any sources outside the bible, therefore i cannot answer your question extra-biblically.

Sep 27, 2008
England
Karios i am supprised you have not dug into the foundations of your religion. I think you should buts it upto you. You maye be shocked to see what you may find for better or for worse but either way you will have learned something. Its just a suggestion but i know you will follow or read nothing but the bible.

Seeker9

Cleverness is not wisdom
SPNer
May 2, 2010
UK
Why do you think i contradicted myself ? I believe all scripture , OT, and NT, was inspired by God, as written :

2.Timothy 3:16 : Every scripture 23 is inspired by God 24 and useful for teaching, for reproof, 25 for correction, and for training in righteousness, 3:17 that the person dedicated to God 26 may be capable 27 and equipped for every good work.

Look at what you said in your earlier post, number 60 on this thread. Here is what you said: "the bible does always take into account the personality of the writer, and his sentiments. In case of the verses in Jesajas, what he wrote, were just his sentiments and wishes based on the deplorable situation."

So clearly, you have contradicted yourself

Seeker9

Cleverness is not wisdom
SPNer
May 2, 2010
UK
i don't know any sources outside the bible, therefore i cannot answer your question extra-biblically.

An interesting comment in light of a recent post where you provided links to sites that supposedly provided historical evidence for the Bible. It does look like that you are going in so many circles, that even you have lost track of some of what you have said and are now contradicting yourself again and again.....

Kairos

SPNer
Jul 17, 2010
Look at what you said in your earlier post, number 60 on this thread. Here is what you said: "the bible does always take into account the personality of the writer, and his sentiments. In case of the verses in Jesajas, what he wrote, were just his sentiments and wishes based on the deplorable situation."

So clearly, you have contradicted yourself

the apostle Peter said :

“ Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation. For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.”

i believe, God provided the precise thought to the human author, and he then wrote it down in terms of his own vocabulary, culture, education, and writing style.

http://www.allabouttruth.org/who-wrote-the-bible.htm

Kairos

SPNer
Jul 17, 2010
An interesting comment in light of a recent post where you provided links to sites that supposedly provided historical evidence for the Bible. It does look like that you are going in so many circles, that even you have lost track of some of what you have said and are now contradicting yourself again and again.....

No, i simply do not know a extra biblical source to that specific question of yours.

Seeker9

Cleverness is not wisdom
SPNer
May 2, 2010
UK
the apostle Peter said :

“ Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation. For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.”

i believe, God provided the precise thought to the human author, and he then wrote it down in terms of his own vocabulary, culture, education, and writing style.

http://www.allabouttruth.org/who-wrote-the-bible.htm

I see you have returned to quotes and hyperlinks

In this case, an out of context quote to backup a feeble hypothesis

And where's the holy spirit in all this, which you elaborated on in a recent post about the Gospel of John?

So let me help you out here...from God to scripture perhaps this is what happens:

God tells the Holy Spirit
The Holy spirit tells the human
The human, despite being graced with divine knowledge still chooses to put his own spin on things
All this happens (sometimes decades) after the events (strange how God did not think it appropriate to inspire, despatch the Holy Spirit at the time the events occurred)
and voila, we have the Scriptures

Over time, entire texts are removed, only to be found again centuries later and they appear to offer a different view from the "official" Bible

What complete and utter RUBBISH!

winkingmunda

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Then that is a serious matter Kairos ji, for it means that you have no other purpose in this thread than to repeat passages from the Bible and/or unthinking commentaries. That leaves us in the position of rejecting all of what you have said so far as your opinions based on faulty texts.

Please explain how the past several days are related to the topic of the thread.

You began the thread with these words,

i would like to learn more abouth sikh religion.
Why is it in your view the " right ", or true religion, over other ones ?

Why should someone prefere to become a Sikh, instead a Muslim, or christian, or buddhist , for example ?

How truthful were you in a thread that is supposedly about the truth?

More than a few muslims have started threads here in the same way. An innocent question is posed. The questioner says he/she wants to learn about Sikhism. What follows is an endless diatribe about Islam and the Quran. You have essentially done the same. It is proselytizing isn't it? You don't really want to know anything about Sikhism. You only sought an audience for Christian views from the very start.

Kairos

SPNer
Jul 17, 2010
Then that is a serious matter Kairos ji, for it means that you have no other purpose in this thread than to repeat passages from the Bible and/or unthinking commentaries. That leaves us in the position of rejecting all of what you have said so far as your opinions based on faulty texts.

Please explain how the past several days are related to the topic of the thread.

You began the thread with these words,

How truthful were you in a thread that is supposedly about the truth?

More than a few muslims have started threads here in the same way. An innocent question is posed. The questioner says he/she wants to learn about Sikhism. What follows is an endless diatribe about Islam and the Quran. You have essentially done the same. It is proselytizing isn't it? You don't really want to know anything about Sikhism. You only sought an audience for Christian views from the very start.

are you not observing, that i am essentially questioned about my faith, and i am responding these questions ? I wanted also to change a littlebit the focus, and understand, how Pantheismus can be true. This could have been a possibility to change the focus of this thread. But - if that is what you wish, you might start, and answer the question of the topic.

Why is Sikhism the True Religion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: