• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Why Is Sikhism The True Religion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Re: Why is Sikhism the true religion ?

these are not theories, these are facts. Just google, and you will see....

Kairos ji

Not everything on the Internet is factual. Much of it has to be evaluated with a critical mind. winkingmunda

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.

This is what Max Arthur Macauliffe wrote about the authenticity of the Guru's teaching
"The Sikh religion differs as regards the authenticity of its dogmas from most other theological systems. Many of the great teachers the world has known, have not left a line of their own composition and we only know what they taught through tradition or second-hand information. If Pythagoras wrote of his tenets, his writings have not descended to us. We know the teachings of Socrates only through the writings of Plato and Xenophanes. Buddha has left no written memorial of his teaching. Kungfu-tze, known to Europeans as Confuscius, left no documents in which he detailed the principles of his moral and social system. The founder of Christianity did not reduce his doctrines to writing and for them we are obliged to trust to the gospels according to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. The Arabian Prophet did not himself reduce to writing the chapters of the Quran. They were written or compiled by his adherents and followers. But the compositions of the Sikh Gurus are preserved and we know at first hand what they taught."

Dalbirk ji,

Guru fateh.

Thanks for your post. That is why Sikhi is unique and it is not based on hearsays like the Bible is. The Bible was put together in Nicea in the 400's AD and Gospels of many Apostles were not added like the Gospel of Thomas for example. The Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John which are in the Bible were written between 65 to 120 years after Jesus died.

If one asks Kairos and Bittu, who is complaining here about the deletion of his posts for nothing rather than interacting, what these two who claim to be good Christians did,ate,wore,how many people and about what they talked to in details 5 years ago, let's see what their responses are like.

So, you have raised exactly the point I made in my post but as you may have noticed that Kairos and Bittu do not take the challenges quite well. This is the reason neither of them has not responded to any of my posts because they know that their nonsensical babbling will be taken to task.

It is hillarious to notice that he was able to respond to your post directed towards me with more copying and pasting and excuses rather than accepting my challenge in the post and explain the reasons to me so we could have a learning experience together.

This shows that there is definitively some hidden agenda behind their posts which they are too insecure to discuss.

It is easy to copy and paste and hence hide behind the scriptures of the religion one believes in and then keep quiet when asked some questions. The silence is deafening and shows the insecurity in their own belief system.

Both Kairos and Bittu call themselves Christians but yet not brave enough like Jesus was on the Cross to respond when asked which shows their personal fears and fervent agenda with the blinders. What a shame!

Thanks & Regards

Tejwant Singh

Kairos

SPNer
Jul 17, 2010

Dalbirk ji,

Guru fateh.

Thanks for your post. That is why Sikhi is unique and it is not based on hearsays like the Bible is.

I hope you don't mind if i correct you. The gospels were not written by Jesus himself. That is true. We believe actually all the bible was inspired directly by God , as its written :

Second Timothy 3:16

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

God superintended the human authors of the Bible so that, while using their own writing styles and personalities, they still recorded exactly what God intended. The Bible was not dictated by God, but it was perfectly guided and entirely inspired by Him.

Humanly speaking, the Bible was written by approximately 40 men of diverse backgrounds over the course of 1500 years.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.

I hope you don't mind if i correct you. The gospels were not written by Jesus himself. That is true. We believe actually all the bible was inspired directly by God , as its written :

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

God superintended the human authors of the Bible so that, while using their own writing styles and personalities, they still recorded exactly what God intended. The Bible was not dictated by God, but it was perfectly guided and entirely inspired by Him.

Humanly speaking, the Bible was written by approximately 40 men of diverse backgrounds over the course of 1500 years.

Kairos ji,

Guru Fateh.

First of all I am thankful and delighted that you have finally taken the initiative to respond which is a very good first step and hopefully a constructive interaction can start from here.

You write:

Pardon my ignorance but what are you correcting me about?
I fail to see it.

You are rather agreeing with me, so in other words you are correcting yourself.

1.Please share with us who is Timothy and when and what made him write the above verse?

2. Can you also explain the meaning if the above verse in your own words?

3. What message do you get from it and how do you interpret it personally? I would like you to share your thoughts about it.

4. Please define God to me according to your faith.

5. What does God- breathed mean and how can Timothy claim that?

6. Can you please also elaborate what you mean by "superintended the human authors ".

7. What modus operandi did God use to do that and how can that be proved by you?

I have many other questions, but we will start with the above ones first.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks & regards

Tejwant Singh

Seeker9

Cleverness is not wisdom
SPNer
May 2, 2010
UK
I hope this reads ok as it is my first time posting via a mobile phone!

Dear Kairos Ji

I am struggling to understand the significance of the correction in your last post as all religions would claim to be God inspired

Perhaps you could respond directly to some of the issues that I, Tejwant Singh Ji and others have raised?

Thanks

Kairos

SPNer
Jul 17, 2010

Pardon my ignorance but what are you correcting me about?
I fail to see it.

you said :

That is why Sikhi is unique and it is not based on hearsays like the Bible is.

i might have not expressed myself clear enough. While the gospels were not written by Jesus directly, and on that i agree with you, the many other books in the bible ( total 66 ) where written by over 40 different authors, of which for example the letters of Paul are attributed directly to him. So they are first hand. But, and this is a important factor, we believe,

that means, in the end, the holy spirit of God was the author of all the bible. We believe its Gods word. Its as God was talking to us directly.
So it does not matter to us, that the gospels where not written by Jesus directly, they were written by people, which were inspired by God.

1.Please share with us who is Timothy and when and what made him write the above verse?

This book was written ~ 60 a.C by the apostle Paul to Timothy, which was a young pastor, which was helping the apostle in his work.

2. Can you also explain the meaning if the above verse in your own words?3. What message do you get from it and how do you interpret it personally? I would like you to share your thoughts about it.

God choose the writers and authors of the bible, inspired them to write down, what he wanted, so that all of us could accurately know what is good, true,and holy.

4. Please define God to me according to your faith.

Lets first of all have some evidence from science. According to the Big Bang, our universe was created ~ 13.7 bio years ago. " Before " the Big Bang, nothing existed. No time, no matter/energy, no space. Nothing physical.
Everything that begins to exist, has a cause. The universe began to exist. Thererfore, the universe has a cause. How would this cause have to be ?
It had to be timeless , beginningless, spaceless, immaterial, selfexistent, very powerful, and personal. We can deduce this from scientific knowledge. Interestingly, the bible describes God exactly like that. He is sovereign, righteous, good, free from sin, holy, pure, light, perfect in his character and person, just, love, omniscient, omnipresent, transcendent, immutable, omnipotent, and a trinity ( God father, God son, and God holy spirit )

5. What does God- breathed mean and how can Timothy claim that?

you can translate the word breathed as inspired for a better understanding.

6. Can you please also elaborate what you mean by "superintended the human authors ".

see above.

7. What modus operandi did God use to do that and how can that be proved by you?

I understand it as God influenced the biblical writers in thoughts , so that they wrote what he wanted them to write. A important prove are

the scientific correctness of what the biblical writers wrote thousands of years ago, and modern science today confirms :

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/sciencebible.html

and the biblical prophecies : only God can know the future.

Lee

SPNer
May 17, 2005
London, UK
hello

i would like to learn more abouth sikh religion.
Why is it in your view the " right ", or true religion, over other ones ?
Why should someone prefere to become a Sikh, instead a Muslim, or christian, or buddhist , for example ?

Kairos ji,

This assumes that there is one true religion, not an assumption that I agree with.

Why would God populate the world with such veriaty of people, of mindests, of POV, and then give us only the one way to reach God?

It makes no sense to me, and so I would say whatever religion you are comfable in then that is your true religion.

There is after all only one God, no?

Kairos

SPNer
Jul 17, 2010
Kairos ji,

This assumes that there is one true religion, not an assumption that I agree with.

Why would God populate the world with such veriaty of people, of mindests, of POV, and then give us only the one way to reach God?

It makes no sense to me, and so I would say whatever religion you are comfable in then that is your true religion.

There is after all only one God, no?

fact that there is such a variety of people all over the world has no meaning in regard of this question. In fact, in Gods eyes, we are all in the same boat.
The variety of religions is not due to the variety of people, but human nature, which tries to fill its inner void with religion, to try to reach and find God and his favour .Each religion through its own way. But there is a general distinction an difference of all religions, compared to christianity.

http://www.monergism.com/thethreshold/articles/onsite/exclusive.html

“Natural religion in all its forms presupposes holy character and conduct as the essential antecedent condition of God's favor. Christianity in all its genuine forms presupposes the favor of God as the essential antecedent condition of holy character and conduct.” - A.A. Hodge

"The idea that there are really no substantive differences between religions needs to be held up to careful scrutiny and declared fraudulent. For example, Islam says that Jesus was not crucified. Christianity says He was. Only one of us can be right. Judaism says Jesus was not the Messiah. Christianity says He was. Only one of us can be right. Hinduism says God has often been incarnate. Christianity says God was incarnate only in Jesus. We cannot both be right. Buddhism says that the world's miseries will end when we do what is right. Christianity says we cannot do what is right. The world's miseries will end when we believe what is right" - Alistar Begg, Made For His Pleasure , 126

The position is basically that Christianity is not true because it is intolerant and judgmental. The problem with the position is that even those who deny truth’s exclusivity, in effect, exclude those who do not deny it. They are themselves taking a position of truth … a belief that all ways are true as long as they do not claim exclusivity, but in doing so it establishes its own truth claim which excludes others who do not believe all ways are true, thereby canceling itself out. They say "stop being intolerant by claiming Christ is the only way" while their very statement has intolerantly imposing its own values on Christians with the intent that they will conform to their political correctness.

The Westminster Confession Chapter 7 Of God's Covenant with Man. States:

II. The first covenant made with man was a covenant of works, wherein life was promised to Adam; and in him to his posterity, upon condition of perfect and personal obedience.

III. Man, by his fall, having made himself incapable of life by that covenant, the Lord was pleased to make a second, commonly called the covenant of grace; wherein He freely offers unto sinners life and salvation by Jesus Christ; requiring of them faith in Him, that they may be saved, and promising to give unto all those that are ordained unto eternal life His Holy Spirit, to make them willing, and able to believe.

Lee

SPNer
May 17, 2005
London, UK
fact that there is such a variety of people all over the world has no meaning in regard of this question. In fact, in Gods eyes, we are all in the same boat.
The variety of religions is not due to the variety of people, but human nature, which tries to fill its inner void with religion, to try to reach and find God and his favour .Each religion through its own way. But there is a general distinction an difference of all religions, compared to christianity.

http://www.monergism.com/thethreshold/articles/onsite/exclusive.html

“Natural religion in all its forms presupposes holy character and conduct as the essential antecedent condition of God's favor. Christianity in all its genuine forms presupposes the favor of God as the essential antecedent condition of holy character and conduct.” - A.A. Hodge

"The idea that there are really no substantive differences between religions needs to be held up to careful scrutiny and declared fraudulent. For example, Islam says that Jesus was not crucified. Christianity says He was. Only one of us can be right. Judaism says Jesus was not the Messiah. Christianity says He was. Only one of us can be right. Hinduism says God has often been incarnate. Christianity says God was incarnate only in Jesus. We cannot both be right. Buddhism says that the world's miseries will end when we do what is right. Christianity says we cannot do what is right. The world's miseries will end when we believe what is right" - Alistar Begg, Made For His Pleasure , 126

The position is basically that Christianity is not true because it is intolerant and judgmental. The problem with the position is that even those who deny truth’s exclusivity, in effect, exclude those who do not deny it. They are themselves taking a position of truth … a belief that all ways are true as long as they do not claim exclusivity, but in doing so it establishes its own truth claim which excludes others who do not believe all ways are true, thereby canceling itself out. They say "stop being intolerant by claiming Christ is the only way" while their very statement has intolerantly imposing its own values on Christians with the intent that they will conform to their political correctness.

The Westminster Confession Chapter 7 Of God's Covenant with Man. States:

II. The first covenant made with man was a covenant of works, wherein life was promised to Adam; and in him to his posterity, upon condition of perfect and personal obedience.

III. Man, by his fall, having made himself incapable of life by that covenant, the Lord was pleased to make a second, commonly called the covenant of grace; wherein He freely offers unto sinners life and salvation by Jesus Christ; requiring of them faith in Him, that they may be saved, and promising to give unto all those that are ordained unto eternal life His Holy Spirit, to make them willing, and able to believe.

You know Kairos Ji,

Although all that you have posted above is meant to sway or teach that all religoins are differant, I have not denied that they are so it is all irrelevant to my point I'm afraid.

So what is releveant?

Sir, how many creative Gods exist? How many Gods are responsible for the creation of the universe, and how man others exist?

The answer is clearly one, I bet you belive it to be so?

Is the one God then responsible for the whole of teh creation? Well yes of course so.

So you would agree that each and every one of us are creatures of God, that in addition to this God is a loving God who wants us all to reach for God?

Do you think that the very first idea of a creative God was dreampt up by man or that God has planted this seed in the minds of men?

Do you think that the diffrances in culture and thus belife of mankind is mankinds fault, that we have ever had any control over it?

You say human nature, but I ask whom is responsible for this human nature? Us? Do we really have that amount of control over our selves?

No the answer must be God. Then consider, why would a loving God plant false seeds into the mind of man?

I say again there is no one true religoin, all are from God all are valid. Ahhh but some have certianly been changed from their initial teachings by the heart of mankind.

You are Christian, what the did Jesus say when asked what is the ultimate law?

Everything, and sir I really mean this, every thing else is simply window dressing and unwarrented confusion.

I submit to you this idea for your consideration.

All religions agree on this:

God says, love God with all of your heart and your mind and your soul, and love your fellow being as you would love your God, for most assuredly there exists not one iota of matter that is not of God.

Do your sir agree or disagree with this?

Kairos

SPNer
Jul 17, 2010
No the answer must be God. Then consider, why would a loving God plant false seeds into the mind of man?

I do not think, God plants false seeds in our heart. We do it ourself.

I say again there is no one true religoin, all are from God all are valid.

Since each religion tells another story, that is not possible. God would not deceive us, and tell us various truths, each one contrary to a other. That is simply not possible. Jesus said , that he is the only way to the father. And that is what i believe.

God says, love God with all of your heart and your mind and your soul, and love your fellow being as you would love your God, for most assuredly there exists not one iota of matter that is not of God.

Do your sir agree or disagree with this?

and love your fellow being as you would love yourself .
Of course, Its what Jesus teached. So what ?

Lee

SPNer
May 17, 2005
London, UK
I do not think, God plants false seeds in our heart. We do it ourself.

Since each religion tells another story, that is not possible. God would not deceive us, and tell us various truths, each one contrary to a other. That is simply not possible. Jesus said , that he is the only way to the father. And that is what i believe.

and love your fellow being as you would love yourself .
Of course, Its what Jesus teached. So what ?

Kairos ji,

All that you say above is down to interupretation of holy scripture is it not?

I agree that God does not plant false seeds that indeed we do itourselves. We do it with selective understanding of the words of many of Gods messangers to us.

John 14 says:

'Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.'

Which is what you allued to. Now how to interpritate these words?

Guru ji says much the same thing you know. We need a teacher to reach God.

In Sikhi it is better to qoute the whole, rather than one part in order to fully understand, so here is the link to te King James version:

http://bible.cc/john/14-6.htm

If you read the whole thing you'll see that Jesus also tells Thomas when he asks to see the father that he (Thomas) has been with Jesus for so long yet fails to reconise the father in Jesus. Does he then go on to say that God is only within Jesus, or does Jesus teach that God is all pervading?

The holy scripture of each religion do appear to 'tell another story' but do you not think this may be down to differant cultures?

In Indian culture the bare head is a mark of disrespect towards God, yet in my own English culture we are taught to uncover the head before stepping into a house of God, or as a mark of respect when a funeral passes we take off the hat. Do you say then that cultureal mores trump Gods truth?

In all likelyhood the truth is that as long a respect is shown it does not matter what your culture says is respectful or not, As I say window dressing.

All religoins agree on the point of my previous post. You have added fron your understanding of your own faith Christiantiy, that God wants us to love each other as we love ourselves? Have you considered why?

I would answer that there is not one iota of existance within which God does not reside, yes that means you and all that lives. Of course then to truely love God we must love each other.

Think for a second of your own culture's fairy tales, or there eqilivilant.
A fairy tale can be likend to a Biblical parable in that each contains some moral to be taken or learnt. How many kinds ot tale an YOU think of which attempts the teach the same morality? Does it not then make perfect sense that God would provide teachings understandable by differing cultures, or do you subscribe to the theory of a choosen peoples?

Forget the window dressing of each set of holy scriputre and instead ask whichever teacher you follow for Gods truth.

Let us remind ourselves of thuis truth.

God says, love your God with all of your heart and your soul and your mind, and love the entirity of Gods creation as you would love your God, as most inevitably there exists not one iota of the creatuion that lacks God's presenace.

Again I would ask if you agree or disagree with this?

Kairos

SPNer
Jul 17, 2010
Kairos ji,

All that you say above is down to interupretation of holy scripture is it not?

no. its about wheter you believe in Jesus, or not. wheter it was true what he said, namely being the only way to the father, or not.

Guru ji says much the same thing you know. We need a teacher to reach God.

thats not the same thing, as what Jesus said. Jesus said, he is the ONLY way to the father. He did not say : I am A way to the father, amongst many possible others. He did not say : Nobody comes to the father, that through A teacher. He said : Nobody comes to the father, than through ME. So there is not much room of interpretation, but room to wheter believe Jesus is the only way, or he is not. You have just two choices. To believe in Jesus, or not.

In Sikhi it is better to qoute the whole, rather than one part in order to fully understand, so here is the link to te King James version:

If you read the whole thing you'll see that Jesus also tells Thomas when he asks to see the father that he (Thomas) has been with Jesus for so long yet fails to reconise the father in Jesus. Does he then go on to say that God is only within Jesus, or does Jesus teach that God is all pervading?

We believe in a triune God, God father, God son,and God holy spirit.
God was clearly saying that to receive eternal life, and go to the father, it was that we would believe in HIM, and his sacrifice on the cross, that he paid the price of sin, which was death, for us, so that we would not have to pay ourself for our sins with eternal damnation. Thats why he said he is the only way to the father. We have not other substitute left, that could carry our sins. Only Jesus was able to do it, because he was the only men, that never sinned.God redeems the lives of those who trust the Lord Jesus Christ. If Jesus had been no more than a man - even a perfect, sinless man - he could not have redeemed more than one sinful human life (based on the Levitical law of a life for a life.) But because Jesus was as fully divine as He was fully human, God was paying for the sins of the whole world on that cross at Calvary. As John the Baptist prophetically said of Jesus,

"See! The Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world."

So the bible is very clear about this :

Hebrews 9:27:

"Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him."

He was the only one who could honestly say:

“I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will
never die”

(John 11:25-26).

God sacrificed His only Son, who died in our place, so that whoever believes in Him would not perish, but have eternal life. Only the One who conquered death and lives forever can assure us of eternal life.

“How will we escape if we neglect so great a salvation...?

(Heb 2:3).

God promises in His Word:

“Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved”

(Romans 10:13)

The holy scripture of each religion do appear to 'tell another story' but do you not think this may be down to differant cultures?

the point is, they do not teach Jesus as the only way to God the father.
Their stories are completely different. What is interesting : almost all religions preach, YOU need to make good deeds, to be saved. That is something natural, and encounters to our very nature and understanding. But the message of the bible is unique : We cannot save ourself through goodness, because nobody of us is good enough. We can be saved only through faith in Jesus Christ. We are not saved through good deeds, but that we would do them as guesture of gratitude for our salvation.

Ephesians 2:8

For by grace you are saved 19 through faith, 20 and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God; 2:9 it is not from 21 works, so that no one can boast. 22 2:10 For we are his workmanship, having been created in Christ Jesus for good works that God prepared beforehand so we may do them. 23

In all likelyhood the truth is that as long a respect is shown it does not matter what your culture says is respectful or not, As I say window dressing.

Well, the bible is quit clear. There are not many saviors, only Jesus Christ. Only in his name we can find forgiveness for sins, and eternal life.

I would answer that there is not one iota of existance within which God does not reside, yes that means you and all that lives. Of course then to truely love God we must love each other.

I believe God is the creator and sustainer of all creation, and he transcends creation, but he is as spirit a separate entity of creation.

Think for a second of your own culture's fairy tales, or there eqilivilant.A fairy tale can be likend to a Biblical parable in that each contains some moral to be taken or learnt. How many kinds ot tale an YOU think of which attempts the teach the same morality? Does it not then make perfect sense that God would provide teachings understandable by differing cultures, or do you subscribe to the theory of a choosen peoples?

God has asked his children to go all over the world, to preach the gospel. I think that is Gods choosen way to reach the world, and to save whoever reacts positively to his call for salvation. I don't think God uses other stories of other cultures to do that.

Forget the window dressing of each set of holy scriputre and instead ask whichever teacher you follow for Gods truth.

My teacher is Gods holy word, the bible.

God says, love your God with all of your heart and your soul and your mind, and love the entirity of Gods creation as you would love your God, as most inevitably there exists not one iota of the creatuion that lacks God's presenace.

Again I would ask if you agree or disagree with this?

" 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'

that doesnt include creation as a whole.

Lee

SPNer
May 17, 2005
London, UK
no. its about wheter you believe in Jesus, or not. wheter it was true what he said, namely being the only way to the father, or not.

thats not the same thing, as what Jesus said. Jesus said, he is the ONLY way to the father. He did not say : I am A way to the father, amongst many possible others. He did not say : Nobody comes to the father, that through A teacher. He said : Nobody comes to the father, than through ME. So there is not much room of interpretation, but room to wheter believe Jesus is the only way, or he is not. You have just two choices. To believe in Jesus, or not.

We believe in a triune God, God father, God son,and God holy spirit.
God was clearly saying that to receive eternal life, and go to the father, it was that we would believe in HIM, and his sacrifice on the cross, that he paid the price of sin, which was death, for us, so that we would not have to pay ourself for our sins with eternal damnation. Thats why he said he is the only way to the father. We have not other substitute left, that could carry our sins. Only Jesus was able to do it, because he was the only men, that never sinned.God redeems the lives of those who trust the Lord Jesus Christ. If Jesus had been no more than a man - even a perfect, sinless man - he could not have redeemed more than one sinful human life (based on the Levitical law of a life for a life.) But because Jesus was as fully divine as He was fully human, God was paying for the sins of the whole world on that cross at Calvary. As John the Baptist prophetically said of Jesus,

"See! The Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world."

So the bible is very clear about this :

Hebrews 9:27:

"Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him."

He was the only one who could honestly say:

“I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will
never die”

(John 11:25-26).

God sacrificed His only Son, who died in our place, so that whoever believes in Him would not perish, but have eternal life. Only the One who conquered death and lives forever can assure us of eternal life.

“How will we escape if we neglect so great a salvation...?

(Heb 2:3).

God promises in His Word:

“Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved”

(Romans 10:13)

the point is, they do not teach Jesus as the only way to God the father.
Their stories are completely different. What is interesting : almost all religions preach, YOU need to make good deeds, to be saved. That is something natural, and encounters to our very nature and understanding. But the message of the bible is unique : We cannot save ourself through goodness, because nobody of us is good enough. We can be saved only through faith in Jesus Christ. We are not saved through good deeds, but that we would do them as guesture of gratitude for our salvation.

Ephesians 2:8

For by grace you are saved 19 through faith, 20 and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God; 2:9 it is not from 21 works, so that no one can boast. 22 2:10 For we are his workmanship, having been created in Christ Jesus for good works that God prepared beforehand so we may do them. 23

Well, the bible is quit clear. There are not many saviors, only Jesus Christ. Only in his name we can find forgiveness for sins, and eternal life.

I believe God is the creator and sustainer of all creation, and he transcends creation, but he is as spirit a separate entity of creation.

God has asked his children to go all over the world, to preach the gospel. I think that is Gods choosen way to reach the world, and to save whoever reacts positively to his call for salvation. I don't think God uses other stories of other cultures to do that.

My teacher is Gods holy word, the bible.

" 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'

that doesnt include creation as a whole.

Kairos Ji,

Again all that you say is down to individual interpretation of scripture.

Let us remind ourselves that it is in fact common knowldge that the words contained in each and every modern day bible, are not the same as contained in the original works.

King James, changed swaythes of it to suit his own needs. Have you studied the original langue of the Bible?

Can you be 100% certian that Jesus said 'I am the only way' for example, or do you rely on others translations of the original text?

Kairos

SPNer
Jul 17, 2010
Kairos Ji,

Again all that you say is down to individual interpretation of scripture.

i don't think so. The text is clear enough in a way, that there are only two possibilities : wheter you believe , Jesus is who he claims to be, or you don't.

Wheter you believe, Jesus Christ is the only way to the father, or he isnt.

Let us remind ourselves that it is in fact common knowldge that the words contained in each and every modern day bible, are not the same as contained in the original works.

we have thousands of manuscripts, which are dated very close to the date of the events. We can compare them. And we can know, we have very accurate translations. So this argument is really not a escape.

Can you be 100% certian that Jesus said 'I am the only way' for example, or do you rely on others translations of the original text?

there is absolutely no doubt about that. You can use even a interlinear bible, with a direct translation of the greek text to english ;

http://www.biblestudytools.com/interlinear-bible/passage.aspx?q=john+14&t=kjv

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Kairos has shown that blind faith makes people blind because TRUTH needs no faith nor any belief. Truth stands on its own.

But I must commend him to keep on insisting about his BLIND FAITH.

If he believes in the "Truth" of the Bible then he must understand these verses which shows his God not being a very good entity but to the contrary, a murderer and a rapist:

Isaiah 13:15-18 If God can find you, he will thrust you through, smash your children to pieces before your eyes, and rape your wife.

Jeremiah 19:7-9 God will make parents eat their own children, and friends eat each other.

These are just two verses out of many in the Bible which shows how ruthless and immoral this God is.

One can only wish him/her the best in search of the truth.

Tejwant Singh

Kairos

SPNer
Jul 17, 2010
Kairos has shown that blind faith makes people blind because TRUTH needs no faith nor any belief. Truth stands on its own.

It depends what truth you talk about.....

But I must commend him to keep on insisting about his BLIND FAITH.

why do you think my faith is blind ? And what makes you think, yours is not ?
What differentiates us ?

Isaiah 13:15-18 If God can find you, he will thrust you through, smash your children to pieces before your eyes, and rape your wife.

before you make a prejudgement, you should understand the context, and the reason this was written.

http://www.bibletrack.org/cgi-bin/bible.pl?incr=0&mo=9&dy=20

this oracle was the expression of wish and sentiment of the jews against the babylonians in reason of their deportation to babylon and bad treatment.

Jeremiah 19:7-9 God will make parents eat their own children, and friends eat each other.

The Jews had been doing a lot of pagan sacrificing - even human. This was God's just response and judgement to such sick behavior, and didn't happen from one day to the other. God was adverting the Jews a long time, until time for judgement was coming, it was simply enough.

a interesting study :

http://www.raystedman.org/old-testament/jeremiah/the-potter-and-the-clay

These are just two verses out of many in the Bible which shows how ruthless and immoral this God is.

only someone, that has no knowledge of the background, and the scriptures as a whole, makes such a judgement.

Seeker9

Cleverness is not wisdom
SPNer
May 2, 2010
UK
"only someone, that has no knowledge of the background, and the scriptures as a whole, makes such a judgement."

Dear Kairos Ji
Your defence is weak

You can scrutinise the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as much as you want and you would not find such references

How someone chooses to interpret these verses is no more than that...their interpretation

The Bible as written originally did not have such commentary

So you can try and justify it

Personally, I think these sort of verses display the sentiments of the writer and not the one true God you claim to follow

Kairos

SPNer
Jul 17, 2010
"

How someone chooses to interpret these verses is no more than that...their interpretation

the better someone knows the background the better he can interprete and understand the scriptures. Something, it seems your friend is weak at.

The Bible as written originally did not have such commentary

of course, its upon us to study the bible, and to understand what was written, based on the context.

Personally, I think these sort of verses display the sentiments of the writer and not the one true God you claim to follow

the bible does always take into account the personality of the writer, and his sentiments. In case of the verses in Jesajas, what he wrote, were just his sentiments and wishes based on the deplorable situation.

In case of Jeremia, what he prophetized, happened afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM