• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

General Whos Destroying Sikhi?

TigerStyleZ

SPNer
Mar 30, 2011
Germany
Kamala ji,

you are telling some are not "proper" Sikhs? I don´t want to offend you, but your adherent is HINDU/SIKH and in my eyes that isn´t proper! A true SIKH isn´t a hindi and would never claim hisself Hindu. But there are many Sects like RSS, that say Sikhs are branch of Hinduism and that is totally wrong! Sikhism rejects HINDU/Sanatan practices. And the opposite is the same - a true HINDU would never be a SIKH! I hope you don´t misunderstand this message. Mixing of religion is very dangerous and not proper, it misleads and aims to wrong direction!

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Kamala ji,

you are telling some are not "proper" Sikhs? I don´t want to offend you, but your adherent is HINDU/SIKH and in my eyes that isn´t proper! A true SIKH isn´t a hindi and would never claim hisself Hindu. But there are many Sects like RSS, that say Sikhs are branch of Hinduism and that is totally wrong! Sikhism rejects HINDU/Sanatan practices. And the opposite is the same - a true HINDU would never be a SIKH! I hope you don´t misunderstand this message. Mixing of religion is very dangerous and not proper, it misleads and aims to wrong direction!

Tigerstylezji

You make it sound so simple, could it be this simple?

Actually I have decided that I quite like potato salad, but some days I do enjoy Pork, so in that vein I have decided to be Vegetarian/Meat Eater, I have joined a few Vegetarian forums but my views keep being ridiculed, its so unfair to Vegetarian/Meat eaters, we have feelings too you know

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Tigerstylezji

You make it sound so simple, could it be this simple?

Actually I have decided that I quite like potato salad, but some days I do enjoy Pork, so in that vein I have decided to be Vegetarian/Meat Eater, I have joined a few Vegetarian forums but my views keep being ridiculed, its so unfair to Vegetarian/Meat eaters, we have feelings too you know
winkingmunda lol. Harry ji that is a cheap shot you know! I wish I had taken it.

I will like to star a thread like "Atheists for God". You think it will be popular!

Sat Sri Akal.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
What about a collection of oxy{censored}s?

Lets take a fictional person, and call him say Montague Ticklytackle, let us look at his profile on facebook

Name: Montague Ticklytackle
Sex: Male/Female
Adherent: Atheist/Sikh
Diet: Meat/Vegetarian
Build: Large/petite
Height: Giant/Dwarf

Hi there my name is Mony Ticklytackle, I like quiet romantic walks in the park, and in my spare time I enjoy rape, pillage and murder, I work as an unemployed person, drive a cycle, am lactose intolerant but love milkshakes, wheat intolerant but enjoy the smell and taste of bread, I like to get on with everyone, as long as they share the same view as me, I am very in your face type of person, but too shy to post a photo,

Thanks for reading, get in touch soon, uhm actually, stay away,

hope I made myself clear,

Monty

Jan 9, 2012

Lets take a fictional person, and call him say Montague Ticklytackle, let us look at his profile on facebook

Hi there my name is Mony Ticklytackle, I like quiet romantic walks in the park, and in my spare time I enjoy rape, pillage and murder, I work as an unemployed person, drive a cycle, am lactose intolerant but love milkshakes, wheat intolerant but enjoy the smell and taste of bread, I like to get on with everyone, as long as they share the same view as me, I am very in your face type of person, but too shy to post a photo,

Monty

"... and how do you feel about ambivalence?"
Monty: "Oh, I can take it or leave it."
winkingmunda

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010

Monty
Harry veer I think you have the recipe. Let us get going and spread the wisdom :stirpot:.

What a bunch of baloney, sorry it my offend vegans; what a bunch of Broccoli we put up with. To tell you the truth, it is like going to a circus. It has positive effects.

sat Sri Akal.

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
I think what we really need is a DISLIKE tab................
Harry veer ji I finally found a reason to disagree with you. I rather let us stay positive and treat the measure of Average number of thanks/post as a measure. I try to keep Gyani Jarnail Singh ji as my target but I post too many non-thanks aspiring posts including most of my Sukhmani Sahib posts. I am not happy that your batting average is better than mine even though marginally so. :mundaviolin:

Sat Sri Akal.

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
Veerji, your Sukhmani Sahib posts are what I start my day on, they inspire me and my posts, most of my thanks probably belong to you

mundahug

Ambarsaria

ੴ / Ik▫oaʼnkār
Writer
SPNer
Dec 21, 2010
Veerji, your Sukhmani Sahib posts are what I start my day on, they inspire me and my posts, most of my thanks probably belong to you

mundahug
Harry veer ji, I am blessed to make even an iota of contribution to anyone's life.

My thanks comment was in jest even though I use it to monitor self improvement in posting.

Regards.

Sat Sri Akal.

TigerStyleZ

SPNer
Mar 30, 2011
Germany
HarryHaller ji,

I love but I hate your humor.I love to teach with my ignorance. The person you descirbe is a hypocrite - so it is as easy as i said. We got several options but in the END we can choose only ONE .

@Awakeaned Singh
Are you serious with Judaism-Sikhi o.Ó? What type of meat do you eat? Special Kosher-Jhatka :)?

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
HarryHaller ji,

I love but I hate your humor.I love to teach with my ignorance. The person you descirbe is a hypocrite - so it is as easy as i said. We got several options but in the END we can choose only ONE .

@Awakeaned Singh
Are you serious with Judaism-Sikhi o.Ó? What type of meat do you eat? Special Kosher-Jhatka :)?

Maybe the option chooses US! peacesign

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
I strongly believe once you are ready, his Hukam will command you to his presence, the object of the game is to be as ready as you can, in my view :singhsippingcoffee:

Jan 9, 2012
HarryHaller ji,

@Awakeaned Singh

TigerStyleZ Ji, it's not so much a matter of "serious" as it is, "stuck". Up until some three years ago I had no idea what Sikhi was about. Once I got an inkling I realized it suited me much better than the Orthodox Judaism I had embraced many years ago, when I was searching for a path to God.

I was born and raised in a secular Jewish family, with no connection to the religion at all. At this juncture I have an entire family of three generations whom I love. Becoming a Sikh would mean losing them, probably permanently, as, according to Torah Law, a Jew's identity is fixed at conception.

Giving up my growing (I hope) relationship with Guru Ji according to the teachings of the Guru Granth is not something that I'm prepared to do either. Therefore, I'm living this kind of crypto-Sikh existence that I dare not express publicly, since too many people would get hurt. I'm not so much making a new religion synthesizing the two as I am trying to figure out what works for me personally.

Serious? You bet.

Jan 9, 2012
To the best of my admittedly meager knowledge (though I'm aware there are differences of opinion - something both Jews and Sikhs share!) there should be no problem with kosher meat, since it's a humane form of slaughter (the main artery is severed by the single cut of an unblemished blade, instantly cutting off blood supply to the brain and promoting swift death of the animal without suffering, according to the experts). It's not "ritual" killing as such.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM