• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Islam Sikh-Muslim Marriages

rav0615

SPNer
Apr 11, 2006
In the UK there is supossedly an 'epidemic' of Sikh girls marrying Muslim men.

In Canada, it is apparently the other way around. Muslim girls are marrying Sikh men.

Not sure about the US.

Does anyone know of any instances of Sikhs marrying Muslims (male or female)? What were the main issues/consequences/repercussions?

Dec 8, 2005
I have a hypotheses

sikh boys in Canada are more self confident , politically powerful , indeependent minded and from the mostly Jatt community. They have made a new nation called Canada from jungle to what is it today.

In UK they seem to be only big lickers of the Royal family ( with no malice and due respect to the people of UK and its monarchy) only mimmicking each and every action and life style of theres. They lack a flavour of an own race .

They seem to be very straight jacketed some waht in the pre 1947 time wrap.
Also they have not faced the challenges of making a new nation.
They just went to Uk which was already a made empire and so had to comply with an established society.

So be your self and love your freedom and be bold and original and see M girls swoon for you .

happy flirting

love

hps62

drkhalsa

SPNer
Sep 16, 2004
Dear All

I have one friend living in west yorkshire ( England ) ans is a sikh guy
he has recently married the muslim girl ( from USA)

About problems : not much , both the families resisted at start but know every thing is fine

Jatinder Singh

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
rav0615 said:
In the UK there is supossedly an 'epidemic' of Sikh girls marrying Muslim men.

In Canada, it is apparently the other way around. Muslim girls are marrying Sikh men.

Not sure about the US.

Does anyone know of any instances of Sikhs marrying Muslims (male or female)? What were the main issues/consequences/repercussions?

UK Sikh girls marrying muslims?......this is not the case. Infact many Muslim girls are dating Sikhs because they do not want to wear a Burkha and be repressed.As a young Sikh girl in my family said to me.........." Sikh girls are wising up to the "hero" greasy charms of many of the Pakistani/Muslim boys who are usually jobless and are fanatical in the faith they preach". A bit of a generalisation but this represents some of the attititudes I encounter.

Sikh girls want to be free and independent.

In US and Canada, there seems to be a epidemic of Sikh girls marrying whites/blacks and Hispanics. I know of several who have done this. I do not see this as a problem, but many of them are rejecting outright Sikh values.....which is a problem.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
hps62 said:
I have a hypotheses

sikh boys in Canada are more self confident , politically powerful , indeependent minded and from the mostly Jatt community. They have made a new nation called Canada from jungle to what is it today.

In UK they seem to be only big lickers of the Royal family ( with no malice and due respect to the people of UK and its monarchy) only mimmicking each and every action and life style of theres. They lack a flavour of an own race .

Pure nonsense. From what I here Sikh guys stateside are backward and are into drugs and gang violence wheras Sikh UK side are far more educated and independent.

This Jatt nonsense is a myth too. Dalip Singh Saund a Sikh from a Tarkhan background, was the first Sikh US Senator and fought for Sikh landholding rights.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarkhan_(tribe)

They seem to be very straight jacketed some waht in the pre 1947 time wrap.
Also they have not faced the challenges of making a new nation.
They just went to Uk which was already a made empire and so had to comply with an established society.

So be your self and love your freedom and be bold and original and see M girls swoon for you .

happy flirting

love

hps62

UK Sikhs have faced far more in racism and other social challenges than the stateside counterparts.

Also read the following link: http://www.sikh-history.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=000797

Bains, nicely sums up the Uk situation.

Dec 8, 2005
Dear Randip

SSAKAL

Thanks for the info on dilip sing saund.He is our real hero not only for the sikhs but the whole Indian sub continent and non whites in general.

mine statent was only a hypotheses.
you have squarely rejected it.
I conceed defeat to your thought and retrace my hypotheses.

with love

hps62

May 16, 2005
Vernon, BC Canada
randip singh said:
Pure nonsense. From what I here Sikh guys stateside are backward and are into drugs and gang violence wheras Sikh UK side are far more educated and independent.

This Jatt nonsense is a myth too. Dalip Singh Saund a Sikh from a Tarkhan background, was the first Sikh US Senator and fought for Sikh landholding rights.

It is a big problem in Canada... many young ppl want to live the good life and want money/houses/cars, but don't want to work hard as their parents (from farming etc) So sometimes, they join gangs or hustle drugs to get quick money. Unfortunetly, the lower mainland in BC has lost many singhs from drug/gang wars in the last 10 years.

I think the jatt community has a strong presence, but only because of the ones who have honestly worked hard. This goes the same for any other "caste" (anyone in sikhi, shouldnt set themselves in a caste though...).

Thanks for the links, BTW.

J.A.T.T

SPNer
May 7, 2006
Brampton, Ontario
randip singh said:

Most Sikhs I know in the UK , are nothing but bunch of alcoholics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarkhan_(tribe)

Umm what does USA Sikh community have to do with the Jatt community in Canada? In Canada, Jatt are more politically powerful than Indians & Pakistani.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
J.A.T.T said:
Most Sikhs I know in the UK , are nothing but bunch of alcoholics.

Umm what does USA Sikh community have to do with the Jatt community in Canada? In Canada, Jatt are more politically powerful than Indians & Pakistani.

Point 1 ...Sikhs have a big alcohol problem wherever they are from.

Point 2...we are discussing Sikhs not Jatts as 40 % of all Jatts are Muslim anyway.....30% Hindu's and the rest Sikhs. My point was to highlight being succesful has nothing to do with being Jatt.

There are powerful and rich Sikhs in Canada too from non-Jatt backgrounds.

Dec 8, 2005
Dear brother

ssakal;

Sikhs and the whole human are one.The differences are superficial .

There was a nice article in Journal nature LAST YEAR ON RACES where the whole theory of races has been scientifically proven to be wrong. tHE DIFFERENCE IS ONLY SKIN DEEP DEPENDING THE CONTIENT YOU INHABITED

It has been shown in these experiments that some white man are more closer to black man than other wise.

Also science has traced all modern humans to a single mother in africa.

so what do say you

nanak nam chadi kala

ter bana sarbat hta bhalla

wgkwgf.

love

hps62

Dec 8, 2005
Point 2...we are discussing Sikhs not Jatts as 40 % of all Jatts are Muslim anyway.....30% Hindu's and the rest Sikhs. My point was to highlight being succesful has nothing to do with being Jatt.

Dear brother

This is news to me that 40 % of the Jatts are muslims.

I had a impression jatts could not be converted by swords.

I guess the Islamic sword was deep and sharp for even jatts to withstand.

India is still facing this sword deep with in today . there talks of halal vs jhatka meat in elite schools of dehradun even in todays modern secular India

A jatt may go and till land in western country for what.

But in Indias state of Assam the patriotic indian jatt has left a large virgin land there for mulsims of Bangladesh to till.

Is it love for money .
Now that India is also growing rich like the west i wish they are able to regain the Indian Assam land and share it and teach with it to its rightful owner on how to defend there land ; rather than squabbling on the net amongst ourselves.

After we all sikh love our nation to which ever we belong.

India is our original and ancestoral motherland

please read also my thread on

Indian muslim a sucess story:- lessons for Sikhs

Report card for Indian Lions : Two down three in line.

love

hps62

J.A.T.T

SPNer
May 7, 2006
Brampton, Ontario
randip singh said:
Point 1 ...Sikhs have a big alcohol problem wherever they are from.

True. I agree with you.

There are powerful and rich Sikhs in Canada too from non-Jatt backgrounds.

I am discussing about Jatt Sikhs in Canada. Every Sikh in Canada that has made a positive impact to Canada (or at least Sikh community in Canada) happened to be a Jatt. There is a lot of non-Jatt Sikhs in Canada as well, but none of them made any (or same amount) impact that Jatts have made in Canada. If you look at the Sikh politicians in Canada right now, they are all Jatts. How many non-Jatt Sikhs have been in the parliament? Can you name me some famous and powerful non-Jatts Sikhs in Canada?

J.A.T.T

SPNer
May 7, 2006
Brampton, Ontario
hps62 said:
This is news to me that 40 % of the Jatts are muslims.

I had a impression jatts could not be converted by swords.

I guess the Islamic sword was deep and sharp for even jatts to withstand.

That's not necessary true. Jatts didn't convert to Islam by force, but by choice. I remember reading an article about how most Jatts found the whole concept of "Jihad" to be appealing to them.

But you got to keep in mind that when most Jatts converted into Islam, there wasn't any religion like Sikhism at the time.

After we all sikh love our nation to which ever we belong.
India is our original and ancestoral motherland

Punjab is my motherland, not India.

If Canada ever goes a war against India, then I will be willing to fight and die for my country (Canada) instead of fighting for India.

Randip Singh

Writer
Historian
SPNer
May 25, 2005
United Kingdom
J.A.T.T said:

I am discussing about Jatt Sikhs in Canada. Every Sikh in Canada that has made a positive impact to Canada (or at least Sikh community in Canada) happened to be a Jatt. There is a lot of non-Jatt Sikhs in Canada as well, but none of them made any (or same amount) impact that Jatts have made in Canada. If you look at the Sikh politicians in Canada right now, they are all Jatts. How many non-Jatt Sikhs have been in the parliament? Can you name me some famous and powerful non-Jatts Sikhs in Canada?

Before we discuss the positive impact lets not forget the negative impact by the Gangs under Johal etc.

I cannot remember off the top of my head but I read a discussion about some Sikhs from Jat/Khatri/Tarkhan/Walia backgrounds who were holding their own in Canada. You have to remember my friend 70% of ALL Sikhs are from Jatt background, and hence the chances a Sikh from this background will make it is higher. What is more remarkable is that a disproportionate amount from Khatri/Tarkhan/Walia/Arora backgrounds tend to do very well in politics, commerce and in professional fields. (I’m getting old so can’t remember the article).

As for why so many Jatts are Muslim had to do with Jezia laws and harsh taxation. Many Jatts just found it easier to convert to Islam and avoid this extra taxation. Also many were as a result of conversion elevated to position of Chaudhury, and were able to own the land they worked on. What these fellows didn’t realise was land reform would take place in favour of Sikhs first under Bandha Bahadhur and secondly under Maharaja Ranjit Singh (abolition of Zamindari system).

J.A.T.T

SPNer
May 7, 2006
Brampton, Ontario
randip singh said:
Before we discuss the positive impact lets not forget the negative impact by the Gangs under Johal etc.

I cannot remember off the top of my head but I read a discussion about some Sikhs from Jat/Khatri/Tarkhan/Walia backgrounds who were holding their own in Canada. You have to remember my friend 70% of ALL Sikhs are from Jatt background, and hence the chances a Sikh from this background will make it is higher. What is more remarkable is that a disproportionate amount from Khatri/Tarkhan/Walia/Arora backgrounds tend to do very well in politics, commerce and in professional fields. (I’m getting old so can’t remember the article).

By any chance, did the discussion take place on this website?

Just for the record, Jatt is not really a farmer/landlord caste, but more of an ethic tribe.

As for why so many Jatts are Muslim had to do with Jezia laws and harsh taxation. Many Jatts just found it easier to convert to Islam and avoid this extra taxation. Also many were as a result of conversion elevated to position of Chaudhury, and were able to own the land they worked on. What these fellows didn’t realise was land reform would take place in favour of Sikhs first under Bandha Bahadhur and secondly under Maharaja Ranjit Singh (abolition of Zamindari system).

Actually the Zamindari System existed until after partition in India. There was still a Zamindari System during the British era in India.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zamindar

J.A.T.T

SPNer
May 7, 2006
Brampton, Ontario
vijaydeep Singh said:
Gurfateh

Dear Jatt Ji,

Das would have happy if you have met would be PM of Jattistan Choudhari Nijjer,Das hope you could have tackled him also as well.

Choudhari Nijjer? To be honest with you, I don’t even know who Choudhari Nijjer is.

Is he a Punjabi?

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: