• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Christianity One And Only One God

Bittu

SPNer
Oct 24, 2008
Maharashtra,India
DEAR AND RESPECTED Sikh80 JI,

PLZ DONT CALL ME RESPECTED BECAUSE I AM NOT WORTHY TO BE CALLED RESPECTED.YOU ARE MY ELDER AND YOU ARE RESPECTED FOR ME.
YES, I BELIVE THE SAME NO RELIGION IS BETTER THAT ANOTHER.I (I BELIVE)ALSO BELIVE SALVATION IS NOT IN ANY RELIGION BUT IN A PERSON "JESUS CHRIST".

DEAR Sikh80 JI,
I WANT TO TELL YOU SOMETHING,CAN I ?

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Dear Bittu ji,

Jesus is as much worthy of respect as any other saint/seer/guide.

In sikhism, however, we believe that salvation is possible thru. HIS Grace and blessings only and Sikh Gurus are held in great esteem by Sikhs.

Sikhs Gurus have stated that the path to salvation is thru. constant meditation On HIM and leading a truthful life. There are other qualifications as well.
You may kindly go thru. some other threads on this site to gain basic acquaintance with sikhism and it should be helpful to understand the things in the correct perspective. Learning is ,even other wise, advisable.
We all learn till we live on this earth and till HE summons us back.

With love.

I am checking out right now. Gud Luck.

Jul 30, 2004
world
Gurfateh
Bhai Bittu Ji,

In New Testment Lord Jesus says that what so ever he does is work of His Father.So that Father is Akal of Sikhs.Further to it brother Lord Jesus tells that he had only those people,who you(his father) gave to him.

So as it happened in case of Saul,If we are not worthy Lord will have mercy on us.Like Lord came in front of Saul and made him Paul.so will Lord help us.

John The Baptist said that he baptised with water.There will be one who will baptise us with Holy Ghost.

No one can say truth till one is in Holy Ghost.So Akal bless.Halle Lu Jah.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Dear Bittu ji,

You are right. God should be one entity. No religion is better than another. These are the paths that lead to same destination, if any.

I really feel sorry as to how this thread has been blocked time and again by the moderators. It is humbly suggested that Moderators should not give warnings time and again but should act and let us discuss the things peacefully.

Dear/Respected Bittu ji, Kindly keep on posting the way you think that things can be shared.
It is always pleasant to listen to the Sangat than to the moderators/ inter-moderators dialogues that tend to tilt the discussion to undesired direction.

Sikh 80 ji

Please refer to the Terms of Service TOS posted for Interfaith Dialogs. Or see Post 16 in this thread. Thank you.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Sikh 80 ji

Please refer to the Terms of Service TOS posted for Interfaith Dialogs. Or see Post 16 in this thread. Thank you.

Post 16 have already been seen and hence the comments.

1.Kindly elaborate/guide as to what is 'neutral source'.

2.Delete that is unpalatable to the site administration instead of warning time and again. Use your prudence and your prerogatives . There are many posts that I can quote but for reasons shall not do that right- away.

3. Please elaborate ,as a moderator, as to what is against the guidelines in the above post quoted by the moderator.

4.I shall welcome , nay prefer, if my membership is banned and my IP is Blocked.

Kind Regards.!!

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Sikh80 Ji,

The treasure house is within you. Look within for the answer to your heart's desire. If you suggest to your higher mind prior to sleep, "I want to get up at 5am and meditate", it will awaken you at that exact time. Every thought is a cause, and every condition is an effect.You are like a captain navigating a ship.

Moderators are also captains navigating this website. He or she must give the right orders, or the ship is wrecked. In the same way, you must give the right orders (thoughts and images) to your higher mind, which controls and governs all your experiences. Your higher mind takes you at your word.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

namjap

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Sikh80 Ji,

The treasure house is within you. Look within for the answer to your heart's desire. If you suggest to your higher mind prior to sleep, "I want to get up at 5am and meditate", it will awaken you at that exact time. Every thought is a cause, and every condition is an effect.You are like a captain navigating a ship.

Moderators are also captains navigating this website. He or she must give the right orders, or the ship is wrecked. In the same way, you must give the right orders (thoughts and images) to your higher mind, which controls and governs all your experiences. Your higher mind takes you at your word.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

namjap
Dear namjap ji,

I have carefully gone thru. your post. But it is as vague as it can be. I am an ordinary person trying to learn and owe this site a lot and am trying to help someone who may be interested in sikhi/sikhism. A boy/girl of 19 cannot know sikhism if one is from christianity.
Everyone takes liberty at one point or the other and that liberty is not meant to disrupt the normal business of the site. Exceptions can be always found and should be perfectly acceptable. I am no pentagon of virtues that i do not have any shortcomings. I am an ordinary human being with normal responses like many of us.

If one has been the cause of agony/anguish to me ,it stands to reason that i expect a reasonable answer as to which guideline of the site has been inadvertently violated and the moderator should come forward and explain to sort out the things amicably than to show thumbs.

Moderators should also take it into consideration that the members are also human beings and come here to discuss religion and matters incidental to it and there is every possibility that language of one may not be appreciated by another. in such an eventuality one should always consider giving some margin of error or else delete the posts without making fun of the things and situations.

Hope you appreciate this and shall discuss it with Aman ji.

Regards.!

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Forum rules. Sorry.

Namjap ji,

Is there any guideline that permits the moderator to take liberties with the members and try to act funny and then go into hibernation.

Which is that Guideline under which the concerned moderator is acting in such a disrespectful manner. ?

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Sikh80 Ji,

Here's another vague answer you'll get from me. The super conscious mind is impersonal and unchanging, neither considering persons nor respecting religious affiliations or institutions of any kind. It is neither compassionate nor vindictive. The way one feels, thinks and acts towards others returns at last upon one's self.

And with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Good rules are based on divine laws. The happiest person is the one who brings forth the highest and the best in himself or herself. God is the highest and the best in him or her, for the kingdom of God is within.

Astroboy

Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
Sikh80 Ji,

Now, allow me to add expand a little on your request as follows:

Quote:
Originally Posted by namjap
The blue light, which Michael reported, issues from the Mental Plane, St. Paul's third heaven. The Spiritual Travelers of ECK know of different levels in heaven. However, St. Paul's statement about that fact is the lone biblical reference to it. This mention, of course, presupposed heavens one and two. Who was to say there weren't four, five, or more?

Which heaven is Jesus in ? If there is a coming back of Jesus, then he could not be in the
5th (Sach Khand) plane which is permanent and beyond the cycles of transmigration.

Dear namjap ji,

I am very much ignorant about the things stated by you above. But these seem worthy of further elaboration. Kindly elucidate further if it is o.k. with you.

Regards!

Here goes !!!

BRAHMAND—Second Grand Division in creation, below Sach Khand. It is a spiritual-material plane of the Universal Mind and subject to decay and dissolution.

Guru Nanak gives us a bird's-eye view of the spirit's pilgrimage. The first realm to be transcended is the plane of Dharm Khand--the Realm of Action, or the world of good and evil deeds as we know it. Next comes Gyan Khand or the Realm of Knowledge, the first of the inner heavens, full of gods and demi-gods:
Countless its elements, air, water and fire,
And countless Krishnas and Sivas,
And countless the Brahmas fashioning various creations of countless forms and countless hues.
Countless the Fields of Action, countless the golden mountains . . .
Countless the sources of creation, countless the harmonies, countless those
that listen unto them.
And countless the devotees of the Word,
Endless and unending, 0 Nanak! this Realm.
STANZA XXXV
If knowledge is the reigning virtue of this region, ecstasy is that of the next, which is Sarm Khand, the Realm of Bliss. This plane is beyond description and whoever tries to describe it must repent his folly. Herein at last, the soul is freed from its mental adjuncts and finally comes into its own:
Herein the mind, reason and understanding are etherealized, the self comes
to its own, and develops the penetration of the gods and the sages.
STANZA XXXVI
But "higher still" stands Karm Khand, the Realm of Grace--grace earned through right action and meditation.
Here the Word is all in all, and nothing else prevails,
Here dwell the bravest of the brave, the conquerors of the mind,
imbued with the love Divine . . .
All hearts filled with God, they live beyond the reach of death and of delusion.
STANZA XXXVII
This is the realm where the soul finally escapes the coils of relativity; the bonds of time, death and change, no longer affect it. But though it dwells in the constant presence of the Lord, it may move still further to merge into His Formless State:
Sach Khand, or the Realm of Truth, is the seat of the Formless One,
Here He creates all creations, rejoicing in creating.
Here are many regions, heavenly systems and universes,
To count which were to count the countless.
Here, out of the Formless,
The heavenly plateaux and all else come into form,
All destined to move according to His Will.
He who is blessed with this vision, rejoices in its contemplation.
But, O Nanak, such is its beauty that to try to describe it
is to attempt the impossible.
STANZA XXXVII
The world shall go on along the rails of good and evil deeds, caught in the limits of Karma, but:
Those who have communed with the Word, their toils shall end,
And their faces shall flame with glory.
Not only shall they have salvation,
O Nanak, but many more shall find freedom with them.
FINALE

Last edited by a moderator:

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Sikh80 ji

Good, that you at- least have a feeling that you should be sorry.

I regret that my previous post was misunderstood.

Good that you , at least, feel sorry for something.
Kindly avoid being funny and refer to post 26 and answer/reply if you wish if system of site has some accountability for the moderators as well or the sailing is one way phenomenon here.

Publishing Terms of Service and reminding a member of forum rules were not intended as jokes.

Dear namjap ji,

I have carefully gone thru. your post. But it is as vague as it can be. I am an ordinary person trying to learn and owe this site a lot and am trying to help someone who may be interested in sikhi/sikhism. A boy/girl of 19 cannot know sikhism if one is from christianity.
Everyone takes liberty at one point or the other and that liberty is not meant to disrupt the normal business of the site. Exceptions can be always found and should be perfectly acceptable. I am no pentagon of virtues that i do not have any shortcomings. I am an ordinary human being with normal responses like many of us.

If one has been the cause of agony/anguish to me ,it stands to reason that i expect a reasonable answer as to which guideline of the site has been inadvertently violated and the moderator should come forward and explain to sort out the things amicably than to show thumbs.

The TOS has already been posted. What explanation is required?

Moderators should also take it into consideration that the members are also human beings and come here to discuss religion and matters incidental to it and there is every possibility that language of one may not be appreciated by another. in such an eventuality one should always consider giving some margin of error or else delete the posts without making fun of the things and situations.

A warning has been given previously.

Hope you appreciate this and shall discuss it with Aman ji.

Regards.!

Namjap ji,

Is there any guideline that permits the moderator to take liberties with the members and try to act funny and then go into hibernation.

Hibernation? Leaders do not live on the site 24 hours a day.

Which is that Guideline under which the concerned moderator is acting in such a disrespectful manner. ?

Violations of TOS can be deleted at any time.

In absence of any reply,I take your leave and rethink in the morning if I am fit for this site or am an unwelcome presona-non-grata

There really is not much more that I can add. Except that there is another forum rule that forbids personal back and forth discussions in the middle of a thread. It disrupts the continuity of a conversation. Other members find it annoying. Let's return to One and Only One God.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Some basic information from a reliable source about One God whose Name is Truth. What follows is part of a very interesting article on the subject of the Oneness of God at http://www.searchgurbani.com/gurus/gurugranth.htm

GURU GRANTH SAHIB BEGINS UNIQUELY:

In Hindu mythology the word 'OM' always meant for God as monotheistic. Then they started interpreting it as more than one God. Guru Nanak put an integer '1' before it and a kar (a semi- circle) after it. Thus it becomes 'EK-OM-KAR' and by doing so, he sealed the position for ever meaning 'There is One and only One God'. Therefore Guru Granth Sahib uniquely begins with integer One ('1'). The One Absolute is the monotheistic conception of God and is represented by numerical symbol here. One God does not only mean numerically one but Unique without a second like Him.

Guru Granth Sahib begins with Mool-Mantar or the Preamble of Japji which is the Essence of the whole Guru Granth Sahib: Ek-Onm-Kar Sat-Nam Karta-Purkh Nirbhao-Nirvair Akal-Murat Ajuni, Saibhang Gurparsad "There is But One God He is the Eternal Truth The Creator, All-Pervading Divine Spirit Unfearful, Without hate and enmity Immortal Entity Unborn, Self-Existent Realized by His Own Grace (the Guru)."

The next verse is generally called Sach (True) Mantar:Jap Aad Sach Jugad Sach Haibhi Sach Nanak Hosibhi Sach "Meditate upon Who was True before the Creation Who was True in the beginning of Creation Who is True now, and O Nanak, Who shall be True for ever."

Guru Arjan Dev had accomplished a task by authenticating the diverse compositions and prepared the Adi Granth for the benefit of his followers. Since the work had remained where it was left, Guru Gobind Singh included in it the Bani of Guru Tegh Bahadur and put the seal of Finality on it. Subsequently this finalized version of the Adi Granth was invested with the Guruship by Guru Gobind Singh.

Guru Granth Sahib is the only refuge for a man tossed about in the furious ocean of worldly existence. It helps a person to live by certain directives or moral codes which are necessary for the achievement of salvation.

Man is the epitome of God's creation. This human body is attained after transmigrating through various lower species. Guru Granth Sahib advocates the excellence and utility of human life because it is through human form that a person can attain final emancipation. Man has great capacity for conscious awareness which helps him reach the desired spiritual goal. Therefore, all teachings and exhortations for spiritual enhancement are addressed to man in Guru Granth Sahib. Man's material values are listed as false, 'koor':"False are kings, false their subjects, false the whole world; False are mansions, false palaces, false those who dwell therein; False is gold, false sliver, false he who weareth them; False husbands, false wives, they pine away and become dust. Man who is false, loveth what is false, and forgetteth the Creator. With whom contact friendship? The whole world passeth away. False is sweetness, false honey, in falsehood shiploads are drowned- Nanak humbly asserteth- Except Thee, O God, everything is thoroughly false." (Asa di Var- Slok Mohalla 1, p-468)

Guru Granth Sahib signifies the importance of Nam by identifying it with the Guru. Nam releases man from all his previous sins, sorrows, sufferings and cycle of birth and death. No rituals, no alms, no sacrifices, no fasts and no penances equal Nam.

Guru Granth Sahib initiates a disciple on the path of spiritual progress and guides him at the various stages of his journey to God. It is a ship that steers clear a devotee through the ocean of Maya (Materialism), thus, leading the human soul to its ultimate destination which is the Absolute Bliss.
"The fearful ocean of the world is dangerous and formidable; it hath no shore or limit, No boat, no raft, no pole, and no boatman; But the true Guru hath a vessel for the terrible ocean, and ferrieth over him on whom he looketh with favor." (Sri Rag Mohalla 1, p-59)

Guru Granth Sahib is completely authentic and is preserved in its original form. It is a highly valuable possession which Sikhs have received from God through Guru Nanak and is held in supreme reverence by them.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM