• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Christianity One And Only One God

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
forum leader and other members,
plz dont blem or argue with sikh80 ji because of me. I apologize if i broke rules and hurted you.

My very Dear Bittu ji,

I am not hurt at all by any comment. Kindly do not blame your self for anything. I can take care of the things. No guide lines or rules are flouted till these are reasonably sorted and clarified.

Moderators are doing the job assigned to them. They are also human beings and can commit follies,sometimes.

Pl. do not be-little your self. My heart goes out for you and for your sense of humility. I wish I could be as humble as you are. It is a long way, I presume.Yes, I close now as I am in tears.

Luv

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
I can think of vaguly a line that I am posting.

ihAwau n kYhI Twih mwxk sB Amolvy ]129]
(1384-18, slok, syK PrId jI)
Do not break anyone's heart; these are all priceless jewels. ||129||[/FONT]

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
:):):):):)

Then I guess someone else would have to answer this question, for Guru Nanak has told us there is only one God and on this are you challenging Guru Nanak Dev ji on saying there is only One God?
:yes: If you want to take it that way.

my question:
One and only one god eh? But why one and only one God??

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Sikh80 Ji,

Here's another vague answer you'll get from me.
And with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
Good rules are based on divine laws.

Rules should be amplified as and when requested for esp. if someone professes to be the judge else one has no moral authority of policing the affairs of so called Good rules. One should seek voluntary retirement from the job if it is not well done and is not appreciated by those for whom the policing is advocated. None like vague answers and clarifications.

It is the cause of annoyance par excellence.
Let us carry on with One God.....'waheguru'...

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Quote:
Originally Posted by namjap
The blue light, which Michael reported, issues from the Mental Plane, St. Paul's third heaven. The Spiritual Travelers of ECK know of different levels in heaven. However, St. Paul's statement about that fact is the lone biblical reference to it. This mention, of course, presupposed heavens one and two. Who was to say there weren't four, five, or more?

Which heaven is Jesus in ? If there is a coming back of Jesus, then he could not be in the
5th (Sach Khand) plane which is permanent and beyond the cycles of transmigration.

Dear namjap ji,
I am very much ignorant about the things stated by you above. But these seem worthy of further elaboration. Kindly elucidate further if it is o.k. with you.

Regards!

Sorry Sir,

I had requested for amplification of the Lines that are in Blue. You expanded on Jap Ji sahib Paudis. Pl. be kind enough now so that the status of Christ /Jesus can also be discussed. This job can also be taken up by any Christian-convert .I hope no rule is broken in this post.

In the meantime, Let us carry on with one GOD ;

'Japman Satnam ..satnam...'

satnamji
:)

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Sorry I do not mean to annoy anyone.

[edited/added portion at 9.10 a.m. Time as per my computer ]

Right now I have to leave for office. See you all if HE permits.

satnam ji

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006
Yes, you did answer the question, if avoiding a question means to answering then yes my question is answered. :)
Nah... I gave a :yes: to that question. In Canada a nod :yes: means yes. Wow, you really do have trouble understanding my posts. :(

Bittu

SPNer
Oct 24, 2008
Maharashtra,India
BhagatSingh,
ONE AND ONLY GOD BECAUSE THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD.BIBLE AND SGGS BOTH SAYS THERE IS ONE AND ONLY GOD AND I BELIVE IN THAT.

BY THE WAY,TELL ME HOW MENY MARTYR BHAGAT SING ARE THERE, WHOSE FRIENDS WERE RAJGURU & SUKHDEV ALSO MARTYR.
IF ONE ,WHY ONE? THELL ME PLZ.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
One and only one god eh? But why one and only one God?? I wonder.... :)

BhagatSingh ji

So far no one has taken you up on your question. Surely, you knew when you posted this question that you were asking a very sophisticated question. Forgive me for reacting to your obvious intelligence and wit.

Your question: Why one and only one God? To approach the question one has to stipulate for the sake of argument that there is at least one God, or Omnipotent Creator. Then one has to sort out whether you are asking for scientific proof or logical argument.

So first I am going to assume that you are willing to stipulate at least one God (or you would not have asked the question the way you did.)

I am not sure if you are asking for scientific proof of God, but if you are, you would most likely be adopting an agnostic position, rather than that of a non-believer. For example, the philosopher Herbert Spencer described the agnostic position.

... admitting the rational necessity of postulating the Absolute or Unconditioned behind the relative and conditioned objects of our knowledge declares that Absolute to be altogether unknowable, to be in fact the Unknowable, about which without being guilty of contradiction we can predicate nothing at all, except perhaps that It exists... CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Existence of God

In other words for agnostics, it is perfectly logical to accept the idea of an Absolute and Self-created Creator (much like Kartar Purakh Akaal murat(t)h Ajoonee SaibhaN, as we Sikhs believe), based on ordinary reasoning. However that Absolute being can never be known completely because of the limitations of our own intelligence. We can only "predicate" that the Absolute being exists.

Next, why only one God, and not two or three or four or more? There are several arguments resorted to by theologians and philosophers of religion.

1. Simplicity of God - God has essential characteristics (for example, God is all-powerful, creative, supportive, destructive, compassionate). If there were several deities, each with one one or more of the qualities that I listed previously, they would have some of the characteristics of the Absolute. But if that were true, then no single deity would be Absolute. From the perspective of Sikhism, two or more deities would be illogical as the Absolute in nirgun form would have no reason to manifest in a vareity of attributes or qualities.

2. God is Perfect - Imagine two or more deities, and all of them were perfect. Then, each would be exactly like the other, they would all be identical, and indisguishable from One who is perfect. Why then would more than One be necessary? If there were several gods, there would be several perfect beings but “if none of these perfect beings lacks some perfection,” and if none of them has “any admixture of imperfection … ., nothing will be given in which to distinguish the perfect beings from one another” (Aquinas: 158).

3. God's authority is complete and He is the cause of everything. If there were two or more creators acting in the same sphere or in different spheres at the same time, two results are possible and neither of them is logically consistent with the idea of absolute, self-existent and unconditional authority. One: two or more creators could at times work at cross-purposes or contradict one another, demonstrating that none of them were absolute in their authority. Two: If two or more creators work in perfect harmony, then why would more than One be necessary? There can be only One whose authority is complete and is the cause of everything.

4. God is Omnipotent -- all powerful. If there are two deities, and both are all-powerful, and one decided on a course of action, the second deity would be required to help the first. This means that one would be dependent on the other and therefore is not all-powerful. In addition, if the second deity refused to help the first, there would be a conflict. How could conflict be possible if both are omnipotent? Conflict is impossible. There can be only One who is all-powerful.

5. God is Perfect and therefore deserves our complete devotion. If there are two or more perfect gods then both would deserve our complete devotion. Is it logically possible to give our "complete" devotion to more than one god?

Best I can do. I am not a religious scholar. Maybe there is one at SPN who can help out. ;) But I think Guru Nanak already summed this up.

ੴ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਨਿਰਵੈਰੁ ਅਕਾਲ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਅਜੂਨੀ ਸੈਭੰ ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥
ikoankaar sathnaam karathaa purakh nirabho niravair akaal moorath ajoonee saibhan gurprasaadh||
One Universal Creator God. The Name Is Truth. Creative Being Personified. No Fear. No Hatred. Image Of The Undying, Beyond Birth, Self-Existent. By Guru's Grace~

Nah... I gave a :yes: to that question. In Canada a nod :yes: means yes. Wow, you really do have trouble understanding my posts. :(

Well a person is clear on his response and for you it is very difficult to be clear because you have no clue what you are talking about.

So is that a Yes I , Bhagat Singh am challenging Guru Nanak Dev ji on saying there is only one God?

Lets put this one in for the record crystal clear on this thread.

BhagatSingh ji

So far no one has taken you up on your question. Surely, you knew when you posted this question that you were asking a very sophisticated question. Forgive me for reacting to your obvious intelligence and wit.

Your question: Why one and only one God? To approach the question one has to stipulate for the sake of argument that there is at least one God, or Omnipotent Creator. Then one has to sort out whether you are asking for scientific proof or logical argument.

So first I am going to assume that you are willing to stipulate at least one God (or you would not have asked the question the way you did.)

I am not sure if you are asking for scientific proof of God, but if you are, you would most likely be adopting an agnostic position, rather than that of a non-believer. For example, the philosopher Herbert Spencer described the agnostic position.

... admitting the rational necessity of postulating the Absolute or Unconditioned behind the relative and conditioned objects of our knowledge declares that Absolute to be altogether unknowable, to be in fact the Unknowable, about which without being guilty of contradiction we can predicate nothing at all, except perhaps that It exists... CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Existence of God

In other words for agnostics, it is perfectly logical to accept the idea of an Absolute and Self-created Creator (much like Kartar Purakh Akaal murat(t)h Ajoonee SaibhaN, as we Sikhs believe), based on ordinary reasoning. However that Absolute being can never be known completely because of the limitations of our own intelligence. We can only "predicate" that the Absolute being exists.

Next, why only one God, and not two or three or four or more? There are several arguments resorted to by theologians and philosophers of religion.

1. Simplicity of God - God has essential characteristics (for example, God is all-powerful, creative, supportive, destructive, compassionate). If there were several deities, each with one one or more of the qualities that I listed previously, they would have some of the characteristics of the Absolute. But if that were true, then no single deity would be Absolute. From the perspective of Sikhism, two or more deities would be illogical as the Absolute in nirgun form would have no reason to manifest in a vareity of attributes or qualities.

2. God is Perfect - Imagine two or more deities, and all of them were perfect. Then, each would be exactly like the other, they would all be identical, and indisguishable from One who is perfect. Why then would more than One be necessary? If there were several gods, there would be several perfect beings but “if none of these perfect beings lacks some perfection,” and if none of them has “any admixture of imperfection … ., nothing will be given in which to distinguish the perfect beings from one another” (Aquinas: 158).

3. God's authority is complete and He is the cause of everything. If there were two or more creators acting in the same sphere or in different spheres at the same time, two results are possible and neither of them is logically consistent with the idea of absolute, self-existent and unconditional authority. One: two or more creators could at times work at cross-purposes or contradict one another, demonstrating that none of them were absolute in their authority. Two: If two or more creators work in perfect harmony, then why would more than One be necessary? There can be only One whose authority is complete and is the cause of everything.

4. God is Omnipotent -- all powerful. If there are two deities, and both are all-powerful, and one decided on a course of action, the second deity would be required to help the first. This means that one would be dependent on the other and therefore is not all-powerful. In addition, if the second deity refused to help the first, there would be a conflict. How could conflict be possible if both are omnipotent? Conflict is impossible. There can be only One who is all-powerful.

5. God is Perfect and therefore deserves our complete devotion. If there are two or more perfect gods then both would deserve our complete devotion. Is it logically possible to give our "complete" devotion to more than one god?

Best I can do. I am not a religious scholar. Maybe there is one at SPN who can help out. ;) But I think Guru Nanak already summed this up.

ੴ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਨਿਰਵੈਰੁ ਅਕਾਲ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਅਜੂਨੀ ਸੈਭੰ ਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥
ikoankaar sathnaam karathaa purakh nirabho niravair akaal moorath ajoonee saibhan gurprasaadh||

One Universal Creator God. TheName Is Truth.CreativeBeingPersonified. NoFear. No Hatred. Image Of The Undying, Beyond Birth, Self-Existent. By Guru's Grace~

Guru Nanak Dev ji as already summed this up it's just Bhagat Singh is just too ignorant to notice this and probably does not accept it. Also agnostic are people that reject Gurbani and they cannot be Sikhs. Only until they accept Gurbani then they can be Sikh and some agnostic claim to be Sikhs, but then reject Gurbani for whatever reason. Just hypocritical people losted in their own mind.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand
Dear Bittu ji/ Singh ji,

It is always good to be polite and humble and innocent. But if you feel cornered; you should learn to take care of interests. Bani tells us to be humble and be dust of the feet of saintly persons only.
There is no need of defensive all the times.

You might have noticed that this world is not as simple as it appears.

Please learn to fight it for yourself and protect your interests. Guru sahibs have spent all their lives fighting against injustice. If you find some nuisance just ignore it or fight it out.

Guru Rakha.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM