• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Nanak Is The Guru, Nanak Is The Lord Himself

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006
Re: Nanak is the Guru; Nanak is the Lord Himself.

<<But the tructh peeps into our eyes in the sound of silience .>>

too much pink floyd??

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

<<But the tructh peeps into our eyes in the sound of silience .>>

too much pink floyd??

Truth is never in a gender Form. But May be you know something else.

It is self existent. Saibhang. Ever existent. It was ,is and shall be.The Supreme Being..Supreme Being who is the source and support of the spatio temporal material world..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid
Cyber Sangat Ji,

A few words on EULOGISING GOD:

Waheguru, The Great Master is EULOGISED in the company of the holy: Gurbani(PURA GURU), Sangat of those who believe in Pura Guru; not in the company of those who write: 'I DOUBT SIKH GURU'S AND GURSIKHS WHEN THEY SAY GURU'S WORDS-THERE IS NO DISTINCTION BETWEEN GURU AND GOD'.

If Guru says IT IS SO- then it is so, Gursikh sangat dont sit and discuss- 'How CAN Guru Say This, as I dont believe it'?

Gursikhs reaspect Gurbani- ALL OF IT, NOT JUST WHAT SUITS THEM AND THEIR LIFESTYLE. They change their thought process and life style according to Guru's Word.

EULOGISING happens by believing every word of GURU, not by doubting one and accepting the other. Guru Sahib has given very clear instructions on the type of Sangat one should do and do'nt.

gavaiaa sunaiaa tina ka thanai pavay jina satguru ki agyaa sat sat kar manee(please forgive me for my spellings)

Tuhada Das
Yograj

"ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਪੂਰਨ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਗੋਵਿੰਦੁ ਸਿਾਣੈ ਸੋਈ ।"
paarabrahamu pooran brahamu guru govindu siaanai soee|
The fact that the transcendental Brahm is the prefect Brahm and the Guru is God, is only identified by a gurmukh, the Guru-orientated one.

Dear Pyramid ji,

I do agree with you at many places that Gurbani is to be eulogised in totality. However, I am also quoting from gurbani to support my point. I am not very old to sikhi.May be an year + and that is all. I am not at all well read like you. I am in the process of making my concepts. I make the concepts after consulting Granth sahib ji as my basis. Hope this is the only method available to all of us.
There are times when we have points of differences and we sort them out peacefully without making the sangat getting involved at all. it is reciprocal. You clear my doubts and I shall clear yours.I shall look into points and you look into my point. I think it is only then that we can have a unanimous decision. We are not playing games here and decide as to who wins.You have wider access to gurbani as you have wider exposure to gurbani.
Kindly consider this.
Rest of us may be 80 percent are dumb watchers and some are simply put leg pullers. Let them do that what they do.
That should not deter us from finding as to that is correct.I love Nanak dev ji as much as you love.
Hell is not going break lose if I am wrong or vice versa.At the end we all are HIS product.
Regards. and please do resond.
Rab Rakha
e&oe.

paapi_banda

SPNer
Nov 29, 2006

I think your translation is a bit off. Sounds to me like Guru Nanak is saying something and not being called anything. Something to do with God being everything, the Jot and Roop. Try posting the whole shabad, it will clear things up a bit.

Assuming,you are right. Does that mean Guru Gobind Singh as well?

Gurfateh Veer, This is the Bani of Bhatt Mathura ji in Shri Guru Granth Sahib. Bhatt Mathura ji is telling us tht who is Guru Nanak Devji in real. :)

GuruNanakji1.jpg

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

Gurfateh Veer, This is the Bani of Bhatt Mathura ji in Shri Guru Granth Sahib. Bhatt Mathura ji is telling us tht who is Guru Nanak Devji in real. :)

GuruNanakji1.jpg

I was thinking of posting this myself but there was some problem with server at my end. It is good that you have done.I shall respond after some other member offers comments.

Regards to all.

Jul 10, 2006

Sikh80 Ji,

I dont need to discuss anything with you, you contradict yourself, and you dont believe in Guru's words and consistently arguing to prove them wrong. What makes you believe that I want to disscuss it with you? YOUR EGO, INNOCENCE OR WHAT?

I was replying specifically to- AAD0002, AMARSANGHERA and SURINDER. I already told you not to reply me in my post:189- go read it, if you didn't read it before. You made yourself a halla bol guy. I have no interest in talking to you dear friend.

I believe in every word in aad0002, amarsanghera and Surinder Ji's posts, AND I WOULD LIKE THEM TO ENLIGHTEN US MORE, DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM?

Tuhada Das
Yograj

"ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਪੂਰਨ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਗੋਵਿੰਦੁ ਸਿਾਣੈ ਸੋਈ ।"
paarabrahamu pooran brahamu guru govindu siaanai soee|
The fact that the transcendental Brahm is the prefect Brahm and the Guru is God, is only identified by a gurmukh, the Guru-orientated one.

I agree with you regarding sikh80. Sikh80 has stated he has just started learning but it seems that when sangat try's to explain to him he does not take the time to do vichaar on the subject posted especially on Gurbani.

'Besoft' (as you are known in sikhsangat), please try and take your time to read more Gurbani especially starting with Jap Ji sahib.

This will help you and 'bhagat singh' especially understand the concept of Nirgun and Sargun amongst other valuable Gurmat.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

Back to Kaur from Kaur ji

Not much that you have stated makes sense to me. If you want to day dream ,please continue.

What is sargun and nirgun to do with the above post.
Figment of imaginations of the brains of sikhs of N ottingham living in dehli, May be,it is your problem.

Yes, I am learning Gurbani. What do you think you are doing here? Doing your kitchen work or laundary.

You are doing as per aad Gurmat VIchaar in this Post. What is your VIchaar about the post Of Paapi_Banda. Please comment on this instead of advising. There are many advisers here on the forum and I can do without any addition.
As they say..hypocrite

Jul 10, 2006

Back to Kaur from Kaur ji

Not much that you have stated makes sense to me. If you want to day dream ,please continue.

What is sargun and nirgun to do with the above post.
Figment of imaginations of the brains of sikhs of N ottingham living in dehli, May be,it is your problem.

Yes, I am learning Gurbani. What do you think you are doing here? Doing your kitchen work or laundary.

You are doing as per aad Gurmat VIchaar in this Post. What is your VIchaar about the post Of Paapi_Banda. Please comment on this instead of advising. There are many advisers here on the forum and I can do without any addition.
As they say..hypocrite

My comments have been from many days of you posting and the way you have been responding to various members. Just read your last post to me again.

I am not stopping you from your search. I am just advising you to read Jap Ji sahib and do vichaar on it at least. You're posting so much cut paste but I can see that you are getting confuse in some cases. Take it a slower pace. Thats all.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

Thanks that you care so much for someone not known to you. I ,generally, do not take advice from those not friendly. My intution asks me to stick to it kaur.

Jul 10, 2006

I am not exactly a perfect person but your behaviour and comments not only to me now but to other members is filled of "I" ness and lack of humility.

I am sure there is a cut paste post of yours with the above mentioned subjects.

I am also sure there is a cut paste post of yours which tells you that we must leave our 'mat' out when we try and contemplate Gurbani. There should be no doubts in your mind.

Find your cut and paste on the definition of a manmukh. A manmukh cannot progress in spirituality.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

<> siq nwmu krqw purKu inrBau inrvYru Akwl mUriq AjUnI sYBM gur pRswid ] (1-1, mÚ 1)

Last Years Of Nanak

Spending the last fifteen years of his life in Kartarpur,

Awpy siqguru Awip hir Awpy myil imlwie ] (41-7, isrIrwgu, mÚ 4)
He Himself is the True Guru; He Himself is the Lord. He Himself unites in His Union.
Awip dieAw kir mylsI gur siqgur pICY pwie ] (41-7, isrIrwgu, mÚ 4)
In His Kindness, He unites us with Himself, as we follow the Guru, the True Guru.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am posting below the bani of Sri Guru Nanak dev ji Maharaj. The bani shows that Guru ji Maharaj , in his weaker moments, is complaing to GOD about the atrocities of the Moguls who were the descendents of Taimur and Chengez Khan who are notorious for atrocities, plunder and disgracing women in the areas they captivated and plundered.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The colored lines of the translation is indicative of the emotional turmoil that Guru ji had to under go during the period of attack.[/FONT]

I am a sikh and shall die the same way and have least intention of stating that is not evidenced and supported by Bani. It is an unplesant task.However, reality cannot be denied.

Guru ji might have attained the status of satguru of vaheguru but I have nothing to support. Hence I cannot say that he was 'vaheguru' Himself.I shall also not take up any question on this.If you have some observations , kindly post them. I shall take up enblock tomorrow.
In the meatime kindly forgive if in the process some one feels upset.I also feel so while writing this.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Rag Asa, pg. 360)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Having attacked Khuraasaan, Babar terrified Hindustan. The Creator Himself does not take the blame, but has sent the Mugal as the messenger of death. There was so much slaughter that the people screamed. Didn't You feel compassion, Lord? || 1 || O Creator Lord, You are the Master of all. If some powerful man strikes out against another man, then no one feels any grief in their mind. || 1 || Pause || But if a powerful tiger attacks a flock of sheep and kills them, then its master must answer for it. This priceless country has been laid waste and defiled by dogs, and no one pays any attention to the dead. You Yourself unite, and You Yourself separate; I gaze upon Your Glorious Greatness. || 2 || One may give himself a great name, and revel in the pleasures of the mind, but in the Eyes of the Lord and Master, he is just a worm, for all the corn that he eats. Only one who dies to his ego while yet alive, obtains the blessings, O Nanak, by chanting the Lord's Name. [/FONT]

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

I am posting below the bani of Sri Guru Nanak dev ji Maharaj. The bani shows that Guru ji Maharaj , in his weaker moments, is complaing to GOD about the atrocities of the Moguls who were the descendents of Taimur and Chengez Khan who are notorious for atrocities, plunder and disgracing women in the areas they captivated,looted and plundered.

The colored lines of the translation is indicative of the emotional turmoil that Guru ji had to under go during the period of attack.

I am a sikh and shall die the same way and have least intention of stating that is not evidenced and supported by Bani. It is an unplesant task.However, reality cannot be denied.

Guru ji might have attained the status of satguru or vaheguru but I have nothing to support. Hence I cannot say that he was 'vaheguru' Himself.I shall also not take up any question on this.If you have some observations , kindly post them. I shall take up enblock tomorrow.
In the meatime kindly forgive if in the process some one feels upset.I also feel so while writing this.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Rag Asa, pg. 360)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Having attacked Khuraasaan, Babar terrified Hindustan. The Creator Himself does not take the blame, but has sent the Mugal as the messenger of death. There was so much slaughter that the people screamed. Didn't You feel compassion, Lord? || 1 || O Creator Lord, You are the Master of all. If some powerful man strikes out against another man, then no one feels any grief in their mind. || 1 || Pause || But if a powerful tiger attacks a flock of sheep and kills them, then its master must answer for it. This priceless country has been laid waste and defiled by dogs, and no one pays any attention to the dead. You Yourself unite, and You Yourself separate; I gaze upon Your Glorious Greatness. || 2 || One may give himself a great name, and revel in the pleasures of the mind, but in the Eyes of the Lord and Master, he is just a worm, for all the corn that he eats. Only one who dies to his ego while yet alive, obtains the blessings, O Nanak, by chanting the Lord's Name.[/FONT]

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Sikh80 ji, What is enblock?

Also though some may be upset, no one is surprised that you are asking this question. Or using this example. In fact I have been wondering when you would do it. Now you have.

All goes back to whether or not one is able to read Gurbani from the perspective of its poetic context. And in light of the literary form of the particular line you have colored in.

It has been a long day and I do not have the endurance to react to your question. We have, the sangat, talked about the poetic form of Gurbani in other threads that may help you in understanding the line. There is nothing in the line to suggest that Guruji is complaining to God in a "weaker moment" or experiencing "inner turmoil," or has lost it in any way. In fact that is impossible. Maybe someone else can take this up: it is impossible for Guruji to lose it so to speak.

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006

ਤਿਲੰਗ ਮਃ
तिलंग मः १ ॥
Ŧilang mehlā 1.
Tilang, First Mehl:

ਇਆਨੜੀਏ ਮਾਨੜਾ ਕਾਇ ਕਰੇਹਿ
इआनड़ीए मानड़ा काइ करेहि ॥
I&shy;ānṛī&shy;ė mānṛā kā&shy;ė karėhi.
O foolish and ignorant soul-bride, why are you so proud?

ਆਪਨੜੈ ਘਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਰੰਗੋ ਕੀ ਮਾਣੇਹਿ
आपनड़ै घरि हरि रंगो की न माणेहि ॥
Āpnaṛai gẖar har rango kī na māṇeh.
Within the home of your own self, why do you not enjoy the Love of your Lord?

ਸਹੁ ਨੇੜੈ ਧਨ ਕੰਮਲੀਏ ਬਾਹਰੁ ਕਿਆ ਢੂਢੇਹਿ
सहु नेड़ै धन कमलीए बाहरु किआ ढूढेहि ॥
Saho nėṛai ḏẖan kammlī&shy;ė bāhar ki&shy;ā dẖūdẖėhi.
Your Husband Lord is so very near, O foolish bride; why do you search for Him outside?

ਭੈ ਕੀਆ ਦੇਹਿ ਸਲਾਈਆ ਨੈਣੀ ਭਾਵ ਕਾ ਕਰਿ ਸੀਗਾਰੋ
भै कीआ देहि सलाईआ नैणी भाव का करि सीगारो ॥
Bẖai kī&shy;ā ḏeh salā&shy;ī&shy;ā naiṇī bẖāv kā kar sīgāro.
Apply the Fear of God as the maascara to adorn your eyes, and make the Love of the Lord your ornament.

ਤਾ ਸੋਹਾਗਣਿ ਜਾਣੀਐ ਲਾਗੀ ਜਾ ਸਹੁ ਧਰੇ ਪਿਆਰੋ ॥੧॥
ता सोहागणि जाणीऐ लागी जा सहु धरे पिआरो ॥१॥
Ŧā sohagaṇ jāṇī&shy;ai lāgī jā saho ḏẖarė pi&shy;āro. ||1||
Then, you shall be known as a devoted and committed soul-bride, when you enshrine love for your Husband Lord. ||1||

ਇਆਣੀ ਬਾਲੀ ਕਿਆ ਕਰੇ ਜਾ ਧਨ ਕੰਤ ਭਾਵੈ
इआणी बाली किआ करे जा धन कंत न भावै ॥
I&shy;āṇī bālī ki&shy;ā karė jā ḏẖan kanṯ na bẖāvai.
What can the silly young bride do, if she is not pleasing to her Husband Lord?

ਕਰਣ ਪਲਾਹ ਕਰੇ ਬਹੁਤੇਰੇ ਸਾ ਧਨ ਮਹਲੁ ਪਾਵੈ
करण पलाह करे बहुतेरे सा धन महलु न पावै ॥
Karaṇ palāh karė bahuṯėrė sā ḏẖan mahal na pāvai.
She may plead and implore so many times, but still, such a bride shall not obtain the Mansion of the Lord's Presence.

ਵਿਣੁ ਕਰਮਾ ਕਿਛੁ ਪਾਈਐ ਨਾਹੀ ਜੇ ਬਹੁਤੇਰਾ ਧਾਵੈ
विणु करमा किछु पाईऐ नाही जे बहुतेरा धावै ॥
viṇ karmā kicẖẖ pā&shy;ī&shy;ai nāhī jė bahuṯėrā ḏẖāvai.
Without the karma of good deeds, nothing is obtained, although she may run around frantically.

ਲਬ ਲੋਭ ਅਹੰਕਾਰ ਕੀ ਮਾਤੀ ਮਾਇਆ ਮਾਹਿ ਸਮਾਣੀ
लब लोभ अहंकार की माती माइआ माहि समाणी ॥
Lab lobẖ ahaʼnkār kī māṯī mā&shy;i&shy;ā māhi samāṇī.
She is intoxicated with greed, pride and egotism, and engrossed in Maya.

ਇਨੀ ਬਾਤੀ ਸਹੁ ਪਾਈਐ ਨਾਹੀ ਭਈ ਕਾਮਣਿ ਇਆਣੀ ॥੨॥
इनी बाती सहु पाईऐ नाही भई कामणि इआणी ॥२॥
Inī bāṯī saho pā&shy;ī&shy;ai nāhī bẖa&shy;ī kāmaṇ i&shy;āṇī. ||2||
She cannot obtain her Husband Lord in these ways; the young bride is so foolish! ||2||

ਜਾਇ ਪੁਛਹੁ ਸੋਹਾਗਣੀ ਵਾਹੈ ਕਿਨੀ ਬਾਤੀ ਸਹੁ ਪਾਈਐ
जाइ पुछहु सोहागणी वाहै किनी बाती सहु पाईऐ ॥
Jā&shy;ė pucẖẖahu sohāgaṇī vāhai kinī bāṯī saho pā&shy;ī&shy;ai.
Go and ask the happy, pure soul-brides, how did they obtain their Husband Lord?

ਜੋ ਕਿਛੁ ਕਰੇ ਸੋ ਭਲਾ ਕਰਿ ਮਾਨੀਐ ਹਿਕਮਤਿ ਹੁਕਮੁ ਚੁਕਾਈਐ
जो किछु करे सो भला करि मानीऐ हिकमति हुकमु चुकाईऐ ॥
Jo kicẖẖ karė so bẖalā kar mānī&shy;ai hikmaṯ hukam cẖukẖā&shy;ī&shy;ai.
Whatever the Lord does, accept that as good; do away with your own cleverness and self-will.

ਜਾ ਕੈ ਪ੍ਰੇਮਿ ਪਦਾਰਥੁ ਪਾਈਐ ਤਉ ਚਰਣੀ ਚਿਤੁ ਲਾਈਐ
जा कै प्रेमि पदारथु पाईऐ तउ चरणी चितु लाईऐ ॥
Jā kai parėm paḏārath pā&shy;ī&shy;ai ṯa&shy;o cẖarṇī cẖiṯ lā&shy;ī&shy;ai.
By His Love, true wealth is obtained; link your consciousness to His lotus feet.

ਸਹੁ ਕਹੈ ਸੋ ਕੀਜੈ ਤਨੁ ਮਨੋ ਦੀਜੈ ਐਸਾ ਪਰਮਲੁ ਲਾਈਐ
सहु कहै सो कीजै तनु मनो दीजै ऐसा परमलु लाईऐ ॥
Saho kahai so kījai ṯan mano ḏījai aisā parmal lā&shy;ī&shy;ai.
As your Husband Lord directs, so you must act; surrender your body and mind to Him, and apply this perfume to yourself.

ਏਵ ਕਹਹਿ ਸੋਹਾਗਣੀ ਭੈਣੇ ਇਨੀ ਬਾਤੀ ਸਹੁ ਪਾਈਐ ॥੩॥
एव कहहि सोहागणी भैणे इनी बाती सहु पाईऐ ॥३॥
Ėv kaheh sohāgaṇī bẖaiṇė inī bāṯī saho pā&shy;ī&shy;ai. ||3||
So speaks the happy soul-bride, O sister; in this way, the Husband Lord is obtained. ||3||

ਆਪੁ ਗਵਾਈਐ ਤਾ ਸਹੁ ਪਾਈਐ ਅਉਰੁ ਕੈਸੀ ਚਤੁਰਾਈ
आपु गवाईऐ ता सहु पाईऐ अउरु कैसी चतुराई ॥
Āp gavā&shy;ī&shy;ai ṯā saho pā&shy;ī&shy;ai a&shy;or kaisī cẖaṯurā&shy;ī.
Give up your selfhood, and so obtain your Husband Lord; what other clever tricks are of any use?

ਸਹੁ ਨਦਰਿ ਕਰਿ ਦੇਖੈ ਸੋ ਦਿਨੁ ਲੇਖੈ ਕਾਮਣਿ ਨਉ ਨਿਧਿ ਪਾਈ
सहु नदरि करि देखै सो दिनु लेखै कामणि नउ निधि पाई ॥
Saho naḏar kar ḏėkẖai so ḏin lėkẖai kāmaṇ na&shy;o niḏẖ pā&shy;ī.
When the Husband Lord looks upon the soul-bride with His Gracious Glance, that day is historic - the bride obtains the nine treasures.

ਆਪਣੇ ਕੰਤ ਪਿਆਰੀ ਸਾ ਸੋਹਾਗਣਿ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਾ ਸਭਰਾਈ
आपणे कंत पिआरी सा सोहागणि नानक सा सभराई ॥
Āpṇė kanṯ pi&shy;ārī sā sohagaṇ Nānak sā sabẖrā&shy;ī.
She who is loved by her Husband Lord, is the true soul-bride; O Nanak, she is the queen of all.

ਐਸੈ ਰੰਗਿ ਰਾਤੀ ਸਹਜ ਕੀ ਮਾਤੀ ਅਹਿਨਿਸਿ ਭਾਇ ਸਮਾਣੀ
ऐसै रंगि राती सहज की माती अहिनिसि भाइ समाणी ॥
Aisė rang rāṯī sahj kī māṯī ahinis bẖā&shy;ė samāṇī.
Thus she is imbued with His Love, intoxicated with delight; day and night, she is absorbed in His Love.

ਸੁੰਦਰਿ ਸਾਇ ਸਰੂਪ ਬਿਚਖਣਿ ਕਹੀਐ ਸਾ ਸਿਆਣੀ ॥੪॥੨॥੪॥
सुंदरि साइ सरूप बिचखणि कहीऐ सा सिआणी ॥४॥२॥४॥
Sunḏar sā&shy;ė sarūp bicẖkẖaṇ kahī&shy;ai sā si&shy;āṇī. ||4||2||4||
She is beautiful, glorious and brilliant; she is known as truly wise. ||4||2||4||

please donot consider the translations as accurate !!:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

the word should have read
en block ~or still better ~
en bloc [together]hope it is ok now. MY poor english.

One has the right to interpret the things as per that you said in some post as understanding.Whatever we understand by the words is that what it means to us.

If someone is crying, it may mean that one is doing out of pleasure or out of pain. We can keep on arguing about this but the end result is that which suits us.

Regarding your prognosis it is to very fine. It is a gift of the providence.

I have no comments to make further .

~ssa~
[sorry sanghera ji,I think you had posted when I was writing]

ਤਿਲੰਗ ਮਃ
तिलंग मः १ ॥
Ŧilang mehlā 1.
Tilang, First Mehl:

ਇਆਨੜੀਏ ਮਾਨੜਾ ਕਾਇ ਕਰੇਹਿ

Āpnaṛai gẖar har rang
o kī na māṇeh.

Your Husband Lord is so very near, O foolish bride; why do you search for Him outside?

Apply the Fear of God as the maascara to adorn your eyes, and make the Love of the Lord your ornament.

Then, you shall be known as a devoted and committed soul-bride, when you enshrine love for your Husband Lord. ||1||

She may plead and implore so many times, but still, such a bride shall not obtain the Mansion of the Lord's Presence.

Without the karma of good deeds, nothing is obtained, although she may run around frantically.

She cannot obtain her Husband Lord in these ways; the young bride is so foolish! ||2||

Whatever the Lord does, accept that as good; do away with your own cleverness and self-will.

By His Love, true wealth is obtained; link your consciousness to His lotus feet.

As your Husband Lord directs, so you must act; surrender your body and mind to Him, and apply this perfume to yourself.

So speaks the happy soul-bride, O sister; in this way, the Husband Lord is obtained. ||3||

Give up your selfhood, and so obtain your Husband Lord; what other clever tricks are of any use?

When the Husband Lord looks upon the soul-bride with His Gracious Glance, that day is historic - the bride obtains the nine treasures.

She who is loved by her Husband Lord, is the true soul-bride; O Nanak, she is the queen of all.

Thus she is imbued with His Love, intoxicated with delight; day and night, she is absorbed in His Love.

She is beautiful, glorious and brilliant; she is known as truly wise. ||4||2||4||

Respected Amar ji,
The above post was not read as it crossed mine.However, it is very informative post. You have already highlighted the important lines. I do not understand many lines. The most important of which seems to me is 'fear Of God'. How do we develop it? Kindly do not spin it away. I am seriously asking about it.Have read articles but could not understand. If we accept death, the fear evaporates.Kindly explain in your words without taking recourse to gurmukhi or some extraneous article/post.

Regards.

ਤਿਲੰਗ ਮਃ
तिलंग मः १ ॥
Ŧilang mehlā 1.
Tilang, First Mehl:

ਇਆਨੜੀਏ ਮਾਨੜਾ ਕਾਇ ਕਰੇਹਿ

Āpnaṛai gẖar har rang
o kī na māṇeh.

Respected Amar ji,
The above post was not read as it crossed mine.However, it is very informative post. You have already highlighted the important lines. I do not understand many lines. The most important of which seems to me is 'fear Of God'. How do we develop it? Kindly do not spin it away. I am seriously asking about it.Have read articles but could not understand. If we accept death, the fear evaporates.Kindly explain in your words without taking recourse to gurmukhi or some extraneous article/post.

Regards.

Last edited by a moderator:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM