• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Nanak Is The Guru, Nanak Is The Lord Himself

Pyramid

SPNer
Jan 23, 2008
Re: Nanak is the Guru; Nanak is the Lord Himself.

Gurubani is to believe not to sort out, my dear friend. Guru Ji passed on Gurgaddi to Guru Granth Sahib. Everlasting Truth- Gurbani- Guru Granth sahib- tells us time and again- "GOD IS GURU AND GURU IS GOD", "THERE IS NO DISTINCTION BETWEEN GOD AND GURU", "BRAHMGYANI, SANT, AND ALL GOD REALIZED SOULS ARE GOD."

Thanks for your self-contradicting posts once again my friend, keep on teaching us the truth. Your posts are making all the doubts cleared for many- Vah Teri Kudrat.

Tuhada Das
Yograj

"ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਪੂਰਨ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਗੋਵਿੰਦੁ ਸਿਾਣੈ ਸੋਈ ।"
paarabrahamu pooran brahamu guru govindu siaanai soee|
The fact that the transcendental Brahm is the prefect Brahm and the Guru is God, is only identified by a gurmukh, the Guru-orientated one.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

Gurubani is to believe not to sort out, my dear friend. Guru Ji passed on Gurgaddi to Guru Granth Sahib. Everlasting Truth- Gurbani- Guru Granth sahib- tells us time and again- "GOD IS GURU AND GURU IS GOD", "THERE IS NO DISTINCTION BETWEEN GOD AND GURU", "BRAHMGYANI, SANT, AND ALL THE GOD REALIZED SOULS- ALL ARE GOD, THE CREATOR".
Thanks for your self-contradicting posts.
Guru Ji says:
The fact that the transcendental Brahm is the prefect Brahm and the Guru is God, is only identified by a gurmukh, the Guru-orientated one.
Thanks for your self-contradicting posts once again.
Tuhada Das
Yograj

Further :As per Mool Mantra Of nanak dev ji:

<> siq nwmu krqw purKu inrBau inrvYru Akwl mUriq AjUnI sYBM gur pRswid ] (1-1, mÚ 1)
One Universal Creator God. The Name Is Truth. Creative Being Personified. No Fear. No Hatred. Image Of The Undying, Beyond Birth, Self-Existent. By Guru's Grace ~
Further:

hukmI hovin Awkwr hukmu n kihAw jweI ] (1-7, jpu, mÚ 1)
By His Command, bodies are created; His Command cannot be described.
hukmI hovin jIA hukim imlY vifAweI ] (1-8, jpu, mÚ 1)
By His Command, souls come into being; by His Command, glory and greatness are obtained.
hukmI auqmu nIcu hukim iliK duK suK pweIAih ] (1-8, jpu, mÚ 1)
By His Command, some are high and some are low; by His Written Command, pain and pleasure are obtained.
ieknw hukmI bKsIs ieik hukmI sdw BvweIAih ] (1-9, jpu, mÚ 1)
Some, by His Command, are blessed and forgiven; others, by His Command, wander aimlessly forever.
hukmY AMdir sBu ko bwhir hukm n koie ] (1-9, jpu, mÚ 1)
Everyone is subject to His Command; no one is beyond His Command.
In Jap Ji sahib GUru sahib has clarly stated HIS command.

Submitted For kind perusal.

Last edited:

Pyramid

SPNer
Jan 23, 2008

amarsanghera said:
my intent was to remind you that so manytimes we focus on literal and persona aspects in our analysis that it twists the whole context and blurs the mssage.

SGGS was compiled due to a reason

Amarsanghera Ji,

When vision gets blurred, what happens to a person, I GUESS GOD IS SHOWING US THAT VIDEO HERE.

Tuhada Das
Yograj

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

nwnk eyvY jwxIAY sBu Awpy sicAwru ]4] (2-6, jpu, mÚ 1)
O Nanak, know this well: the True One Himself is All. ||4||
QwipAw n jwie kIqw n hoie ] (2-6, jpu, mÚ 1)
He cannot be established, He cannot be created.
Awpy Awip inrMjnu soie ] (2-7, jpu, mÚ 1)
He Himself is Immaculate and Pure.

God.

Last edited:

Pyramid

SPNer
Jan 23, 2008
Re: Is it So??????????????????????????//

Dear Sikh80 Ji,

Bani Sach Hai............ doesn't matter in which year the lines are composed.

A TRUE SAINT: WHOSE SOUL IS MERGED WITH THE ALMIGHTY(GOD). SO IS THERE A DIFFERENCE??? NO. BUT A SAINT NEVER NEVER SING HIS/HER OWN PRAISES.....................

NO TRUE SAINT calls himself/herself GOD.

BUT A TRUE SAINT KNOWS ABOUT THE OTHER TRUE SAINT, SO ACKNOWLEDGING HIM .................

Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaaj is telling about Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Nanak Dev Ji.

OUR GURUS ARE SO HUMBLE Sikh80 Ji, THEY HAVE EVEN SUGGESTED THAT NO BODY SHOULD CALL THEM GOD. BUT ONCE ONE KNOWS THE TRUTH, ONCE HEAD BOWS WITH UTMOST RESPECT OVER AND OVER AGAIN.............. AND HEART AND MIND ABSORBS THE TRUTH- TU HI TU.............................

Untill one has doubts about his/her Guru's ability, duality stays lingering in one form or the other..........

SEVAK SIKH POOJAN SABH AAYE............................. read this shabad, in this Shabad Dhan Dhan Siri Guru Sahib is telling that one has to believe the word(order) of his/her Guru as TRUE.

and treatment of doubt is also prescribed by Dhan Dhan Guru Sahib- naam simran/rab nu chete karo/remember Him and only Him.................................................................

Waheguru Rakha

Surinder Ji,

Where are you? Please post.

Tuhada Das
Yograj

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

Dear Pyramid .,
It is very nice to see the way you are exploring the various threads. You would get enough material that Guru is God.Yes, agreed. But does it resolve our basic issue i.e if the Nanak dev ji was the Creator HIM self.

I do not think so. Creator's first qualification is that HE would never come through the route of womb.That route is meant for the human beings/beings undergoing incarnations. That is why we the mortals are given the route of womb.

Creator never will come to the world through the route of womb. I think Gurbani has made many references. REgarding Post Of Surinder ,it has already been debated a lot without conclusion.

You remarks are fairly vitreous. But it happens.It is ok.Thanks for being patient.
Again submitted for kind perusal. If you permit we can keep on this for discussion tomorrow as per your convenience.

You are From India, Sir.
Good Night.

paapi_banda

SPNer
Nov 29, 2006

WJKK
WJKF

"Jot Roop HAR Aap Guru Nanak Kahayio"
SGGS, Ang (1408)

"The Lord Almighty caused Himself to be called as Guru Nanak"

Veer, I hope this will clear ur doubt.

Gurfatehh

gur kw sbdu n mytY koie ] (864-19, goNf, mÚ 5)
No one can erase the Word of the Guru's Shabad.
gurunwnku nwnku hir soie ]4]7]9] (864-19, goNf, mÚ 5)
Nanak is the Guru; Nanak is the Lord Himself. ||4||7||9||

These are the Vaaks from Guru Arjan dev ji maharaj. I am not able to proceed further as the meaning assigned to the 'tuk' does not fit in well with the conceptual framework Of sikhi that I had the chance to build on this forum. Frankly speaking., I have not yet had one full reading of the Granth sahib ji whom I hold in high esteem.

It was in a post of SPN that I was reading that unlike other religions sikhism does not preach that their Gurus are God. But here the things do not appear to me in sync. with the above.

Is Guru Nanak dev ji stated to be Creator?
or
The translation is not correct
or
My appreciation Of the translation is faulty.

I would also be grateful if someone can tell as to in which year the line was authored or it was during the compilation of the Granth sahib. Did the earlier 3 gurus not observe this.?

kindly correct me.

Pyramid

SPNer
Jan 23, 2008

Dear Pyramid .,
It is very nice to see the way you are exploring the various threads. You would get enough material that Guru is God.Yes, agreed. But does it resolve our basic issue i.e if the Nanak dev ji was the Creator HIM self.

I do not think so. Creator's first qualification is that HE would never come through the route of womb.That route is meant for the human beings/beings undergoing incarnations. That is why we the mortals are given the route of womb.

Creator never will come to the world through the route of womb. I think Gurbani has made many references. REgarding Post Of Surinder ,it has already been debated a lot without conclusion.

You remarks are fairly vitreous. But it happens.It is ok.Thanks for being patient.
Again submitted for kind perusal. If you permit we can keep on this discussion tomorrow as per your convenience.

Sikh80 Ji,

I dont need to discuss anything with you, you contradict yourself, and you dont believe in Guru's words and consistently arguing to prove them wrong. What makes you believe that I want to disscuss it with you? YOUR EGO, INNOCENCE OR WHAT?

I was replying specifically to- AAD0002, AMARSANGHERA and SURINDER. I already told you not to reply me in my post:189- go read it, if you didn't read it before. You made yourself a halla bol guy. I have no interest in talking to you dear friend.

I believe in every word in aad0002, amarsanghera and Surinder Ji's posts, AND I WOULD LIKE THEM TO ENLIGHTEN US MORE, DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM?

Tuhada Das
Yograj

BhagatSingh

SPNer
Apr 24, 2006

WJKK
WJKF

"Jot Roop HAR Aap Guru Nanak Kahayio"
SGGS, Ang (1408)

"The Lord Almighty caused Himself to be called as Guru Nanak"

Veer, I hope this will clear ur doubt.

Gurfatehh
I think your translation is a bit off. Sounds to me like Guru Nanak is saying something and not being called anything. Something to do with God being everything, the Jot and Roop. Try posting the whole shabad, it will clear things up a bit.

Assuming,you are right. Does that mean Guru Gobind Singh as well?

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

Pyramid ji

Many forum members most likely appreciate the time you take always to read, focus, analyze, compare and contrast some very difficult commentary in this thread and others. This is a hard thread to follow. It is hard to stay focused. Part of the problem is that the topic is subtle and complicated. People come to grips with the subject of Nanaak, Guru and God in different ways. Some prefer a philosophical approach, with the speakers taking positions, and debating different points of view. Some find an answer in the Shabad to such an extent that a debate is difficult, even painful. That is my take on the discussion. So thank you for keeping us focused because that is hard to do.

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

The Bani Of Guru Nanak Dev ji clearly points out that The Creator is a different entity. It is true that we all like Nanak dev ji so much that we all treat him like a God. But Baba Nanak ji has himself stated the following in eulogisation/praise of the Almighty.
jyvfu BwvY qyvfu hoie ] (6-3, jpu, mÚ 1)
He is as Great as He wishes to be.
nwnk jwxY swcw soie ] (6-3, jpu, mÚ 1)
O Nanak, the True Lord knows.

In addition to this we have reference at many places where in GOD is treated as a separate being.

ਤੂ ਠਾਕੁਰੁ ਤੁਮ ਪਹਿ ਅਰਦਾਸਿ ॥ ਜੀਉ ਪਿੰਡੁ ਸਭੁ ਤੇਰੀ ਰਾਸਿ ॥ ਤੁਮ ਮਾਤ ਪਿਤਾ ਹਮ ਬਾਰਿਕ ਤੇਰੇ ॥ ਤੁਮਰੀ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਮਹਿ ਸੂਖ ਘਨੇਰੇ ॥ ਕੋਇ ਨ ਜਾਨੈ ਤੁਮਰਾ ਅੰਤੁ ॥ ਊਚੇ ਤੇ ਊਚਾ ਭਗਵੰਤ ॥ ਸਗਲ ਸਮਗ੍ਰੀ ਤੁਮਰੈ ਸੂਤ੍ਰਿ ਧਾਰੀ ॥ ਤੁਮ ਤੇ ਹੋਇ ਸੁ ਆਗਿਆਕਾਰੀ ॥ ਤੁਮਰੀ ਗਤਿ ਮਿਤਿ ਤੁਮ ਹੀ ਜਾਨੀ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਦਾਸ ਸਦਾ ਕੁਰਬਾਨੀ ॥੮॥੪॥

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004

ਕੋਇ ਨ ਜਾਣੈ ਤੇਰਾ ਕੇਤਾ ਕੇਵਡੁ ਚੀਰਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
koe n jaanai thaeraa kaethaa kaevadd cheeraa ||1||
No one knows the extent or the vastness of Your Expanse.

How wide, how near, how large, how deep, how immediate, how transcendent, how immanent, how young, how powerful, how compassionate, how everywhere, how persistent, how dependable, how awesome, how generous, etc. No one knows.

Archived_Member_19

(previously amarsanghera, account deactivated at t
SPNer
Jun 7, 2006

exactly

how we can give an image to something we donot know?

How can we define the limits?

how can we deny its being part of us?

how can you be sure that you are not "that"

ਸਿਰੀਰਾਗੁ ਮਹਲਾ
सिरीरागु महला ३ ॥
Sirīrāg mehlā 3.
Siree Raag, Third Mehl:
ਸਤਿਗੁਰਿ ਮਿਲਿਐ ਫੇਰੁ ਪਵੈ ਜਨਮ ਮਰਣ ਦੁਖੁ ਜਾਇ
सतिगुरि मिलिऐ फेरु न पवै जनम मरण दुखु जाइ ॥
Saṯgur mili&shy;ai fėr na pavai janam maraṇ ḏukẖ jā&shy;ė.
Meeting with the True Guru, you shall not have to go through the cycle of reincarnation again; the pains of birth and death will be taken away.
ਪੂਰੈ ਸਬਦਿ ਸਭ ਸੋਝੀ ਹੋਈ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੈ ਰਹੈ ਸਮਾਇ ॥੧॥
पूरै सबदि सभ सोझी होई हरि नामै रहै समाइ ॥१॥
Pūrai sabaḏ sabẖ sojẖī ho&shy;ī har nāmai rahai samā&shy;ė. ||1||
Through the Perfect Word of the Shabad, all understanding is obtained; remain absorbed in the Name of the Lord. ||1||
ਮਨ ਮੇਰੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸਿਉ ਚਿਤੁ ਲਾਇ
मन मेरे सतिगुर सिउ चितु लाइ ॥
Man mėrė saṯgur si&shy;o cẖiṯ lā&shy;ė.
O my mind, focus your consciousness on the True Guru.
ਨਿਰਮਲੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਸਦ ਨਵਤਨੋ ਆਪਿ ਵਸੈ ਮਨਿ ਆਇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ
निरमलु नामु सद नवतनो आपि वसै मनि आइ ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
Nirmal nām saḏ navṯano āp vasai man ā&shy;ė. ||1|| rahā&shy;o.
The Immaculate Naam itself, ever-fresh, comes to abide within the mind. ||1||Pause||
ਹਰਿ ਜੀਉ ਰਾਖਹੁ ਅਪੁਨੀ ਸਰਣਾਈ ਜਿਉ ਰਾਖਹਿ ਤਿਉ ਰਹਣਾ
हरि जीउ राखहु अपुनी सरणाई जिउ राखहि तिउ रहणा ॥
Har jī&shy;o rākẖo apunī sarṇā&shy;ī ji&shy;o rākẖahi ṯi&shy;o rahṇā.
O Dear Lord, please protect and preserve me in Your Sanctuary. As You keep me, so do I remain.
ਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਸਬਦਿ ਜੀਵਤੁ ਮਰੈ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਭਵਜਲੁ ਤਰਣਾ ॥੨॥
गुर कै सबदि जीवतु मरै गुरमुखि भवजलु तरणा ॥२॥
Gur kai sabaḏ jīvaṯ marai gurmukẖ bẖavjal ṯarṇā. ||2||
Through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, the Gurmukh remains dead while yet alive, and swims across the terrifying world-ocean. ||2||
ਵਡੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਨਾਉ ਪਾਈਐ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਸਬਦਿ ਸੁਹਾਈ
वडै भागि नाउ पाईऐ गुरमति सबदि सुहाई ॥
vadai bẖāg nā&shy;o pā&shy;ī&shy;ai gurmaṯ sabaḏ suhā&shy;ī.
By great good fortune, the Name is obtained. Following the Guru's Teachings, through the Shabad, you shall be exalted.
ਆਪੇ ਮਨਿ ਵਸਿਆ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਕਰਤਾ ਸਹਜੇ ਰਹਿਆ ਸਮਾਈ ॥੩॥
आपे मनि वसिआ प्रभु करता सहजे रहिआ समाई ॥३॥
Āpė man vasi&shy;ā parabẖ karṯā sehjė rahi&shy;ā samā&shy;ī. ||3||
God, the Creator Himself, dwells within the mind; remain absorbed in the state of intuitive balance. ||3||
ਇਕਨਾ ਮਨਮੁਖਿ ਸਬਦੁ ਭਾਵੈ ਬੰਧਨਿ ਬੰਧਿ ਭਵਾਇਆ
इकना मनमुखि सबदु न भावै बंधनि बंधि भवाइआ ॥
Iknā manmukẖ sabaḏ na bẖāvai banḏẖan banḏẖ bẖavā&shy;i&shy;ā.
Some are self-willed manmukhs; they do not love the Word of the Shabad. Bound in chains, they wander lost in reincarnation.
ਲਖ ਚਉਰਾਸੀਹ ਫਿਰਿ ਫਿਰਿ ਆਵੈ ਬਿਰਥਾ ਜਨਮੁ ਗਵਾਇਆ ॥੪॥
लख चउरासीह फिरि फिरि आवै बिरथा जनमु गवाइआ ॥४॥
Lakẖ cẖa&shy;orāsīh fir fir āvai birthā janam gavā&shy;i&shy;ā. ||4||
Through 8.4 million lifetimes, they wander over and over again; they waste away their lives in vain. ||4||
ਭਗਤਾ ਮਨਿ ਆਨੰਦੁ ਹੈ ਸਚੈ ਸਬਦਿ ਰੰਗਿ ਰਾਤੇ
भगता मनि आनंदु है सचै सबदि रंगि राते ॥
Bẖagṯā man ānanḏ hai sacẖai sabaḏ rang rāṯė.
In the minds of the devotees there is bliss; they are attuned to the Love of the True Word of the Shabad.
ਅਨਦਿਨੁ ਗੁਣ ਗਾਵਹਿ ਸਦ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਸਹਜੇ ਨਾਮਿ ਸਮਾਤੇ ॥੫॥
अनदिनु गुण गावहि सद निरमल सहजे नामि समाते ॥५॥
An&shy;ḏin guṇ gāvahi saḏ nirmal sehjė nām samāṯė. ||5||
Night and day, they constantly sing the Glories of the Immaculate Lord; with intuitive ease, they are absorbed into the Naam, the Name of the Lord. ||5||
ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤ ਬਾਣੀ ਬੋਲਹਿ ਸਭ ਆਤਮ ਰਾਮੁ ਪਛਾਣੀ
गुरमुखि अम्रित बाणी बोलहि सभ आतम रामु पछाणी ॥
Gurmukẖ amriṯ baṇī boleh sabẖ āṯam rām pacẖẖāṇī.
The Gurmukhs speak the Ambrosial Bani; they recognize the Lord, the Supreme Soul in all.
ਏਕੋ ਸੇਵਨਿ ਏਕੁ ਅਰਾਧਹਿ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਅਕਥ ਕਹਾਣੀ ॥੬॥
एको सेवनि एकु अराधहि गुरमुखि अकथ कहाणी ॥६॥
Ėko sėvan ėk arāḏẖeh gurmukẖ akath kahāṇī. ||6||
They serve the One; they worship and adore the One. The Gurmukhs speak the Unspoken Speech. ||6||
ਸਚਾ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਸੇਵੀਐ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਵਸੈ ਮਨਿ ਆਇ
सचा साहिबु सेवीऐ गुरमुखि वसै मनि आइ ॥
Sacẖā sāhib sėvī&shy;ai gurmukẖ vasai man ā&shy;ė.
The Gurmukhs serve their True Lord and Master, who comes to dwell in the mind.
ਸਦਾ ਰੰਗਿ ਰਾਤੇ ਸਚ ਸਿਉ ਅਪੁਨੀ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰੇ ਮਿਲਾਇ ॥੭॥
सदा रंगि राते सच सिउ अपुनी किरपा करे मिलाइ ॥७॥
Saḏā rang rāṯė sacẖ si&shy;o apunī kirpā karė milā&shy;ė. ||7||
They are forever attuned to the Love of the True One, who bestows His Mercy and unites them with Himself. ||7||
ਆਪੇ ਕਰੇ ਕਰਾਏ ਆਪੇ ਇਕਨਾ ਸੁਤਿਆ ਦੇਇ ਜਗਾਇ
आपे करे कराए आपे इकना सुतिआ देइ जगाइ ॥
Āpė karė karā&shy;ė āpė iknā suṯi&shy;ā ḏė&shy;ė jagā&shy;ė.
He Himself does, and He Himself causes others to do; He wakes some from their sleep.
ਆਪੇ ਮੇਲਿ ਮਿਲਾਇਦਾ ਨਾਨਕ ਸਬਦਿ ਸਮਾਇ ॥੮॥੭॥੨੪॥
आपे मेलि मिलाइदा नानक सबदि समाइ ॥८॥७॥२४॥
Āpė mėl milā&shy;iḏā Nānak sabaḏ samā&shy;ė. ||8||7||24||
He Himself unites us in Union; Nanak is absorbed in the Shabad. ||8||7||24||

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyramid

SPNer
Jan 23, 2008

Cyber Sangat Ji,

A few words on EULOGISING GOD:

Waheguru, The Great Master is EULOGISED in the company of the holy: Gurbani(PURA GURU), Sangat of those who believe in Pura Guru; not in the company of those who write: 'I DOUBT SIKH GURU'S AND GURSIKHS WHEN THEY SAY GURU'S WORDS-THERE IS NO DISTINCTION BETWEEN GURU AND GOD'.

If Guru says IT IS SO- then it is so, Gursikh sangat dont sit and discuss- 'How CAN Guru Say This, as I dont believe it'?

Gursikhs reaspect Gurbani- ALL OF IT, NOT JUST WHAT SUITS THEM AND THEIR LIFESTYLE. They change their thought process and life style according to Guru's Word.

EULOGISING happens by believing every word of GURU, not by doubting one and accepting the other. Guru Sahib has given very clear instructions on the type of Sangat one should do and do'nt.

gavaiaa sunaiaa tina ka thanai pavay jina satguru ki agyaa sat sat kar manee(please forgive me for my spellings)

Tuhada Das
Yograj

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

Tu Thakur by Dya Singh Australia at AllPunjabi.com

The Bani Of Guru Nanak Dev ji clearly points out that The Creator is a different entity.
ਤੂ ਠਾਕੁਰੁ ਤੁਮ ਪਹਿ ਅਰਦਾਸਿ ॥ ਜੀਉ ਪਿੰਡੁ ਸਭੁ ਤੇਰੀ ਰਾਸਿ ॥ ਤੁਮ ਮਾਤ ਪਿਤਾ ਹਮ ਬਾਰਿਕ ਤੇਰੇ ॥ ਤੁਮਰੀ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਮਹਿ ਸੂਖ ਘਨੇਰੇ ॥ ਕੋਇ ਨ ਜਾਨੈ ਤੁਮਰਾ ਅੰਤੁ ॥ ਊਚੇ ਤੇ ਊਚਾ ਭਗਵੰਤ ॥ ਸਗਲ ਸਮਗ੍ਰੀ ਤੁਮਰੈ ਸੂਤ੍ਰਿ ਧਾਰੀ ॥ ਤੁਮ ਤੇ ਹੋਇ ਸੁ ਆਗਿਆਕਾਰੀ ॥ ਤੁਮਰੀ ਗਤਿ ਮਿਤਿ ਤੁਮ ਹੀ ਜਾਨੀ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਦਾਸ ਸਦਾ ਕੁਰਬਾਨੀ ॥੮॥੪॥

Listen to the above audio file.

Last edited:

Archived_Member_19

SPNer
Jun 7, 2006

nice website...thx for the link :)

but it has irritating ad pages :(

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

Cyber Sangat Ji,

A few words on EULOGISING GOD:

Waheguru, The Great Master is EULOGISED in the company of the holy: Gurbani(PURA GURU), Sangat of those who believe in Pura Guru; not in the company of those who write: 'I DOUBT SIKH GURU'S AND GURSIKHS WHEN THEY SAY GURU'S WORDS-THERE IS NO DISTINCTION BETWEEN GURU AND GOD'.

If Guru says IT IS SO- then it is so, Gursikh sangat dont sit and discuss- 'How CAN Guru Say This, as I dont believe it'?

Gursikhs reaspect Gurbani- ALL OF IT, NOT JUST WHAT SUITS THEM AND THEIR LIFESTYLE. They change their thought process and life style according to Guru's Word.

EULOGISING happens by believing every word of GURU, not by doubting one and accepting the other. Guru Sahib has given very clear instructions on the type of Sangat one should do and do'nt.

gavaiaa sunaiaa tina ka thanai pavay jina satguru ki agyaa sat sat kar manee(please forgive me for my spellings)

Tuhada Das
Yograj

Dear Pyramid ji,

I do agree with you at many places that Gurbani is to be eulogised in totality. However, I am also quoting from gurbani to support my point. I am not very old to sikhi.May be an year + and that is all. I am not at all well read like you. I am in the process of making my concepts. I make the concepts after consulting Granth sahib ji as my basis. Hope this is the only method available to all of us.
There are times when we have points of differences and we sort them out peacefully without making the sangat getting involved at all. it is reciprocal. You clear my doubts and I shall clear yours.I shall look into points and you look into my point. I think it is only then that we can have a unanimous decision. We are not playing games here and decide as to who wins.You have wider access to gurbani as you have wider exposure to gurbani.
Kindly consider this.
Rest of us may be 80 percent are dumb watchers and some are simply put leg pullers. Let them do that what they do.
That should not deter us from finding as to that is correct.I love Nanak dev ji as much as you love.
Hell is not going break lose if I am wrong or vice versa.At the end we all are HIS product.
Regards. and please do resond.
Rab Rakha
e&oe.

Archived_Member_19

SPNer
Jun 7, 2006

sikh80 ji

what will happen once there is unanimous decision?

is there any new truth other than the truth already known?

Oct 14, 2007
Sachkhand

Truth is always a constant, ever shining and ever gleaming;it is our understanding that may require re-orienation sometimes.But the tructh peeps into our eyes in the sound of silience .

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM