• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Do You See Differences Or Similarities ?

Hi guyz, there is room for alot of discussion after you've read this:-

Similarities And Differences Between Men And Animals

Namjap ji,

I think you know better than I that a discussion on this would be a marvelous waste of energy and time. There are people who look at empirical evidence and then there are the hardened drones who fall blindly to indoctrination. A behaviour seen in those who have misinterpreted a multiply translated ancient scripture on moral code.

Eventually in a discussion, each group, equally callous and ill informed in their arguments, would then progress to utilizing this ‘debate’ not to come to any conclusions but rather to see the opponent a bit more disheartened and offended.

It would also be a non-authentic discussion filled with Cliché’s and gross generalizations by both who have little understanding or care for an understanding of the other side.

It is simply a matter of taste (or to continue with my end of Cliché argument…a matter of mental capacity)
All I can say to the people who take that page as any semblance of truth…good luck finding a job in any research field…you will be alienated simply because the practical applications of any of these 'creationist arguments' you submit will be nil.

Keep it Awesome
Sinister.

anders

SPNer
Jul 13, 2004
Sweden
Are we playing SPOT THE DIFFERENCES OR SIMILARITIES ?
You decide. Good Luck.

It seems that nobody has taken up the OP challenge, so here goes.

If you simplify graphics enough they'll all look similar. But out of the three OP examples, the Jewish menorah (chandelier) is the only one that clearly has seven parts (for seven candles). It can be discussed if the number refers to the seven days of the week as proposed in Genesis, or the seven planets known to antiquity, or perhaps something else. Any way you argue, it's clearly seven. Different from the other two graphics, where you may imagine at most five parts.

Next, the Persian rising bird of Phoenix like in the Iranian flag. Also a calligraphic rendering of the name Allah (الله). Interesting, clever and unique.

Lastly, you all should know the combination of the centre khaNDa, the two kirpans and the chakkar. Very unique indeed. No connection to writing.

Knowing the origins, it's three very different symbols.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: