• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Are We Making Lame Excuses?

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
kanwar,
i feel that long hairs have become a good mask for some to hide behind their sinful deeds i do not intend to raise my finger at all the sardars and i am sorry if I'm insulting Sikhism but what is there in having long hairs does that makes us look like Sikh? no the Guru wanted to give us a different identity so that we may look apart in thousands and if by our personality and actions we can make ourselves look apart from millions i don't think we need to have hairs.

You have a point that many people do hide.But all the sects and scholars of sikhism who have studied it deeply agree with the point that a practising sikh should keep uncut hair.So Its Your personal opinion and I don't have any problem with it.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Its not raising fingers or insulting sikhs/sardars at all...the TRUTH is always the TRUTH.
I Lament all the time about the KESHADHAREE "HINDUS"....among us..the Radhasomais, the Dera Sauda Premis, the DERAWALLAHS who wear the Full Bannas and carry three foot kirpans BUT are followers of the Particular SANT JI/Waddeh baba Ji/Maharaj Ji/Satguru Ji...Dhadrianwalleh Ji...Rarewalleh Ji...Barru sahib walleh ji..etc etc..or the NEO-BRAHMINS ....so many hiidng behind long hair and banna but NOT Following the GURBANI in Spirit and Intention..only as a Ritualised behaviour.:happysingh:
BUT Dont Blame "long hair/Kesh/Banna/Gurbani/kakaars./nitnem banis/amrit/khandey dee pahul..etc etc..or LACK of Hair/no beard/shaved muchhan..no banis..no nitnem etc etc..all these are INDIVIDUAL BASED...Its the INDIVIDUAL whos at fault.OMG:{;o::advocate:

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
When a Sikh asks me why I keep kesh, I usually just reply, "Because my Guru asks it of me."

When the non-keshdhari - I've never been asked that question by a keshdhari Sikh - comes back defensively, "You think I should keep kesh, too, don't you?" my usual response is, "I don't know who your Guru is and what he asks of you, so I have no opinion." That usually ends the conversation.

When a non-Sikh asks me about uncut hair on head and elsewhere, I am, of course, much more forthcoming. I do, however, always end with, "The most important reason is that my Guru asks it of me."

Sorry if I'm sanctimonious. (But only a little bit sorry.):whisling::rofl!!:

:ice:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Mai Ji..GOOD ANSWER.
A perosn who knows nothing about his GURU or what the GURU asks of him..is NO SIKH..hiowever much he may attempt to "force himself" on SGGS and say I am SGGS sikh...and quote one liners tuks from SGGS...NO WAY cna anyone FORCE the SGGS to accept him without bothering to listen to SGGS.

Oct 16, 2009
well i think kanwar is above all :D
what i have observed is that half of these sardar guys are willing to cut their hairs i intend to share something, i had a friend at college he was a tall smart sardar his turban was the best one can imagine he looked cool but he didn't had a girl friend all my mates had the kind of impression that i had so many girl Friends ( don't know the reason why they thought so but its not true, i prefer to stay at a distance of minimum 100 meters from a girl) he once sat with me for sometime and i told him that if he gets his hair cut he will look smarter :}8-: he didn't come to college for some days and when he came :whisling:he was without a turban(he was beaten black and blue by his father,mother,uncles,elder brothers)

so what sardars need is commitment more than anything else.

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007
well i think kanwar is above all
biggrin.gif
Yes, well focused. Like a compass needle.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM