• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Are All Holy Writings Chains To Hold The Ignorant?

Jass Singh

SPNer
Nov 2, 2005
Amanji

I am just getting use to navigating around the site & figuring out how to reply etc. Thank you for your welcome. I look forward to intellectually challenging discussions.

Jass Singh

Dimitri

SPNer
May 4, 2006
Depends on individual, some get inspiration, answers, assurance from religious texts some from means u have mentioned.

Dimitri

SPNer
May 4, 2006
The only religion i have some knowledge about teaches me to fulfill my social obligations and i don't think they can be meet by being lathargic and ignorant.

max314

SPNer
May 28, 2006
devinesanative said:
Did Guru Nanak Dev Ji Went Half Way ??

Guru Nanak Dev Ji never came back with religion.

He did the opposite.

"Na koi Hindu, na koi Musalmaan."

The religion itself was created by the subsequent Gurus as a practical necessity to keep the sheep-like masses away from ignoble practices.

It's not a way to 'reach God' as much as it is a way to 'behave morally' and to prevent people from worshipping falsehoods. Although, as time has shown, this has been met with varying success :whisling:

ISDhillon

SPNer
Dec 13, 2005
sikhism itself is not a religion its a dharma, when you say subsequent gurus what are you referring to, their has only ever been 1 guru and thats gurshabad.:)

max314

SPNer
May 28, 2006
ISDhillon said:
sikhism itself is not a religion its a dharma...

I'm pretty sure that's the same thing :shifty:

when you say subsequent gurus what are you referring to, their has only ever been 1 guru and thats gurshabad.:)

Actually, the only true guru is Sat Guru :wink:

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: