• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Ardaas Changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2008

Amarpal singh ji

The following is additional information for your reference

Glimpse of the oldest available beerh of Sri Dasam Granth from 1698 AD

Glimpse of the oldest available beerh of Sri Dasam Granth from 1698 AD

Contents from the rare handwritten beerh of Sri Dasam Granth compiled in 1755 Bikrami (1698 A.D.), one year before the formation of Khalsa. The date when this historic beerh was compiled is given in the introductory paragraph. This beerh is preserved at Takhat Sri Patna Sahib. It is noteworthy that Guru Gobind Singh Sahib’s bani "Zafarnamah" which was written in 1704 A.D., six years after this beerh was compiled, does not feature in this beerh. Also noteworthy is the name of the granth that appears on the top, “Patshah Dasven Ju Ka Granth” (The Granth of the Tenth Master).

The year mentioned on this handwritten beerh is also significant because Bhai Kesar Singh Chibber too in Bansavalinama records that Guru Gobind Singh Sahib had himself compiled the Granth in 1755 Bikrami (1698 A.D.), and this Chhota Granth[1] was very dear to him. Hence it is evident that this is one of the oldest beerhs which Guru Sahib himself compiled before the formation of the Khalsa. Later compilations of the complete banees of Guru Gobind Singh Sahib is attributed to Bhai Mani Singh.

ਛੋਟਾ ਗਰੰਥ ਜੀ ਜਨਮੇ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦਸਵੇਂ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹ ਕੇ ਧਾਮ।
ਸੰਮਤ ਸਤਾਰਾਂ ਸੈ ਪਚਵੰਜਾ, ਬਹੁਤ ਖਿਡਾਵੇ ਲਿਖਾਰੇ ਨਾਮ।
ਸਾਹਿਬ ਨੂੰ ਸੀ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਹਥੀਂ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਖਿਡਾਇਆ।
ਸਿਖਾਂ ਕੀਤੀ ਅਰਦਾਸ, 'ਜੀ ਅਗਲੇ (ਭਾਵ ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ) ਨਾਲਿ ਚਾਹੀਏ ਰਲਾਇਆ'।
ਬਚਨ ਕੀਤਾ, 'ਗਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਹੈ ਉਹ, ਏਹ ਅਸਾਡੀ ਖੇਡ ਹੈ।'
ਨਾਲਿ ਨ ਮਿਲਾਇਆ ਆਹਾ ਪਿਆਰਾ, ਕਉਨ ਜਾਣੈ ਭੇਦ।
ਸੋ ਦੋਨੋ ਗਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰ ਕਿਰ ਜਾਨੋ।
ਵਡਾ ਹੈ ਟਿਕਾ ਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਟਕੇ ਪੋਥੀਆਂ ਪੁਤਰ ਪੋਤਰੇ ਕਿਰ ਪਛਾਨੋ

(ਬੰਸਾਵਲੀਨਾਮਾ, ਭਾਈ ਕੇਸਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਛਿੱਬਰ) [1] Kesar Singh Chibber calls the granth as Chotta Granth (small granth) in relation to the status of Sri Guru Granth Sahib

patna-sahib-beerh.JPG

The first paragraph is transcribed below:​
ਸ੍ਰੀਵਾਹਗੁਰੂਜੀਕੀਫਤਿਹ
ਸ੍ਰੀਭਗਉਤੀਜੂਸਹਾਇ
ਤਤਕਰਾ ਸੁਚੇਪੱਤ੍ਰਸ੍ਰੀਗ੍ਰਿੰਥਜੂਕਾ​
ਬਾਣੀ ਪਾਤਿਸਾਹਦਸਵੇਂਜੂਕੇਗ੍ਰਿੰਥਕਾ
ਸੰਬਤ 1755.ਮਿਤੀਅਸਾੜਬਦੀ1
ਕੋਗ੍ਰਿੰਥਲਿਖਿਆ: ਤਵਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ​
ਸ੍ਰੀਮੁਖਵਾਕਪਾਤਿਸਾਹੀ10

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Inder ji,​

Guru Fateh,​

Thanks for proving my point as you being a bully. The main word in the below sentence in quote which was given my me is IF. So if you do not know what it means, then I am sorry I can not help you.​

I also remember from our emails interaction sometime ago that you not only believe in the caste system but you live by it quite fervently, I may add. You call yourself a proud Jatt since the time of Gurus and for you Bhapas are of low caste as you have said many times in your emails, which means and was reminded by me in the emails, according to you all our Gurus which were Bhapas are of a lower caste than you are. It shows what kind of attitude and principles you live by. I would like to remind you that Sikhi has no caste system. People who live by that are Hindus NOT Sikhs no matter what kind of Baana they wear on the outside.​

I said:​

Insults like "Accept the offer if you are a Gursikh", are nothing but bullying others in a Taliban mentality which Sikhi does not need and it shows sheer arrogance on your part. Only Ik Ong Kaar knows who is a Gursikh and which milestone he/she is at? You, I or no one else can ever find that out. So it is not only demeaning to Ik Ong Kaar by pretending to play Him but to the whole Sikh Panth.​
You said:

I am surprised that you term it as an insult. It is an invitation and chance for you to see in person the Granth of tenth master. You will also be able to see his hand written pages in it, date of compilation and his signature. Why do not accept it. Only propagandists whose job is secure on festering this uncalled for controversey will not accept such a chance.​

Here you go again bullying others and show that you are superior which I am sure our Gurus would not approve of. What you have offered to show me is still not a proof of what I have asked you. So rather than responding to the questions in an honest manner, you start bullying so you can impose your viewpoint, which in my opinion is not a Sikhi way, to the contrary.

As I said in my previous post, I accept defeat in this tug of war of egos. You are the winner. When you respond to my queries in my earlier posts, then we can have a lively interaction based on Gurmat principles and bullying in not one of them.​

Regards​

Tejwant Singh​

May 28, 2009
Re: [SPN] Ardaas Changed by Gurudwara Sangat in Finland

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa..Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.....

They should have taken permission from Akal Takht...now everbody has started their own culture...where we sikhs are going ?

Feb 7, 2008
I
also remember from our emails interaction sometime ago that you not only believe in the caste system but you live by it quite fervently, I may add. You call yourself a proud Jatt since the time of Gurus and for you Bhapas are of low caste as you have said many times in your emails, which means and was reminded by me in the emails, according to you all our Gurus which were Bhapas are of a lower caste than you are. It shows what kind of attitude and principles you live by. I would like to remind you that Sikhi has no caste system. People who live by that are Hindus NOT Sikhs no matter what kind of Baana they wear on the outsid
e.

Tejwant ji

I have taken khande bate da amrit where all seekers drink from the same bowl and by waheguru's grace i maintain that unlike you who disowns the banis with which we are baptized.

Like a child who has no constructive arguements you have embarked upon a vilification compaign.
I do not believe in caste system and neither i consider any caste superior to any other.You should be ashamed of yourself of lying here to get sympathy. It is you who was castigating me being a Jat sikh in your hate emails that kept on coming to me and i ahd to warn you for taking recourse to remedial steps. A sikh does not lie and neither indulges in personal brawls.

So many references are given to you on demand. You have not provided a single reference so far in support of your contention. The only way is to come and see for yourself so that you get satisfied. there is nothing wrong in that.

You condemn the bani with which you have been baptized and also form part of a khalsa's nitnem. You claim to be a khalsa. It is natural that i will doubt your sikhi since you are violating the edict of Panj piaras who gave gurmantra to you.

I

Singh sahab, what you write, it seems the personal attack on Inder Singh ji, whereas he has opened the eyes of all critics of Dasam Granth which was earlier known as chota Granth.Guru Gobind Singh ji liked it most but his consciousness didn't allow to supersede the Adi Guru Granth Sahab ji. AGGS was compiled by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in 1604 AD.The Baani of 9th Guru was added in AGGS. All the Baanis wchich were composed by Dasam Patshah were being added in Dasam Granth time to time, as Jafarnama which was written and added in 1704.
In my knowledge as i have studied only one Salok of "Salok Mahalla 9," the 54th salok is written by Guru Gobind Singh ji. In many old manuscripts it has been written as "Salok Patshahi 10," Other than this single Salok no other Baani of him was added in AGGS.
Your name indicates that you are a seeker of Waheguru ji but you waste your and other's time unnecessarily by raising silly questions and arguments. What do you want to prove by your arguements?What are your questions in short? Why you pull the matter in length-to impress that you are the only wiser Sikh. Be polite and listen others also.

Last edited:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Singh sahab, what you write, it seems the personal attack on Inder Singh ji, whereas he has opened the eyes of all critics of Dasam Granth which was earlier known as chota Granth.Guru Gobind Singh ji liked it most but his consciousness didn't allow to supersede the Adi Guru Granth Sahab ji. AGGS was compiled by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in 1604 AD.The Baani of 9th Guru was added in AGGS. All the Baanis wchich were composed by Dasam Patshah were being added in Dasam Granth time to time, as Jafarnama which was written and added in 1704.
In my knowledge as i have studied only one Salok of "Salok Mahalla 9," the 54th salok is written by Guru Gobind Singh ji. In many old manuscripts it has been written as "Salok Patshahi 10," Other than this single Salok no other Baani of him was added in AGGS.
Your name indicates that you are a seeker of Waheguru ji but you waste your and other's time unnecessarily by raising silly questions and arguments. What do you want to prove by your arguements?What are your questions in short? Why you pull the matter in length-to impress that you are the only wiser Sikh. Be polite and listen others also.

Ajmer Singh ji,

Guru Fateh.

Thanks for prejudging others without any foundation. Showing one's superiority is one more tug of war of egos which I cencede defeat without fighting.

Let us talk about the facts in a Gurmat fashion and stop with name calling.

1. We all know who compiled SGGS our only GURU. There is NO other GURU for the Sikhs except SGGS. I hope you agree with me on that.

2. There is NO evidence but only speculation that the author of Dasam Granth is Guru Gobind Singh.

Let me ask you a question for you to ponder upon.

Why would our 10th Guru who sacrificed his own father, his 4 sons for the sake of humanity and added his father Guru Teg Bhadhar's Gurbani in SGGS, did not add his writings in the SGGS would have a Granth in his name?

I would love to have a civilsed interaction about Sikhi with anyone. So if you like to start a new thread with another subject, please do because after all we are all Sikhs, seekers, learners of the Truth and Truth can never be based on mere speculations by some but solid proofs and that solid proof lies in SGGS, our only GURU.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa..Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.....

They should have taken permission from Akal Takht...now everbody has started their own culture...where we sikhs are going ?

1. Bhai GS Kala Afghana sent copies of his books to Akal Takhat and SGPC..and many authorities including Tohra sgpc president etc etc....and WAITED...and waited..and waited...NONE REPLIED. When he went ahead and published his books..silence was golden...UNTIL the Akal Takhat jathedar published his own book...the Gurbilas Patshi Chhevin which derogated Guru hargobind Ji quite shamelessly..Kala Afghana wrote a damning rebuttal of thsi booka nd the Akal Takhat jathedar was FORCED TO BAN and withdraw his own book !! Honoured Persons like Tohra and many others who had written GLOWING FORWARDS and Welcome Messages for thsi Book were EMBARRASSED and forced to issue "excuses"...one Jathedar said .."my signature was FORGED"...others admitted they didnt even read the said book...
Next thing..Kala Afghana was in the limelight...hue and cry began..he was called to explain heresy in his books..he repleid..Quote me Five shabads form SGGS and prove me WRONG...this was ignored..cries for hsi excommunication grew louder..his chracter was assasinated..etcv etc and finally he was excommunicated..and the Jathedar quietly reissued his Gurbilas book with a different cover and rearranged pages...

2. Many issues before the Akal takhat hanging..for ages...excuses given..Let the 300th anniversary pass..then we will discuss....Let the 400th anniversary be concluded..we will meet...and the BEST excuse was..Let the WEDDING of Keshgarh Jathedar be over..then we will discuss...of course..NOTHING was ever discussed...EXCEPT when BADAL wnats it discussed..like the case of Patna Jathedar..etc..or Dera sacha sauda...or soemthign like that...then its super quick meeting and result...jhatt manggnni patt viah....

The AKAL TAKHAT IS SUPREME...but dont mix this up with the "JATHEDAR IS SUPREME"
He is NOT..he is just a PAID SERVANT who can be unceremoniously removed at a moments notice..Bhai Ranjit singh...Charan Singh.Lav Kush......Vedanti..etc etc.. !! They only remain in office at the pleasure of BADAL...and so issue hukmnamas as ordered.
The Akal takhat is supreme when headed by the likes of Akali PHOOLA SINGH who ordered Maharja Ranjit Singh tied to a tree and WHIPPED IN PUBLIC for a morality offense. I sincerely hope that day is not far....when the Akal takhat the SGPC etc will be TOTALLY PANTHIC.....

May 28, 2009

Thanks Gyani Ji..for such a great information. I heard Prof. Darshan Singh Ji also have some issues which SGPC is lagging ...you are right that SGPC is giving all excuses...but I heard that Ardass .up to Guru Teg Bahadar Simriye..Ghar Nao Nidh Aavey Thaneye." was said by Guru Gobind Singh Ji...even Dohra..we recite aftar Ardaas.. So I dont think we should change such things...yes...I may be wrong...Its like Barah Maah Tukhari and Barah Maah said by Guru Guru Arjan Dev Ji...he said I can not change what Guru Nanak said..He taught us lesson...so we have to follow that...we should do something to change the system which is taking undue advantage so sikhism..sitting at Akal Takht.... but I really don't know how...

These are my views and I may be wrong...please put some light on it...it will help me to get clarified.....

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa...Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh..........

Rabb bhali kare...............

Tere Bhaaney Sarbat Da Bhala.............

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

ADSSAINI JI,
GURFATEH JI.

My views ji.
Point about Gurbani. The AAD GURU..our Founder is GURU NANAK JI SAHIB. Sabh te wadda Satgur..Nanak Jin kal rakhee meree..No one appointed Guru nanak ji except the CREATOR..the Akal Purakh Himself.
The successor GURUS...wrote Further Gurbani as they had the SAME JYOT of Guru nanak ji Sahib..and they further ELABORATED what Guru nanak ji Sahib had already taught us. That is why all of them.... SIGNED OFF with NANAK. The Mehla was inserted by Guru Arjun Ji sahib when compiling the Gurbani into the AAd Granth just to facilitate the identity of the various Gurus. Guru Gobind Singh ji followed suit with Mahalla Nauvaan. THIS btw is the Strongest argument against the banis left outside and included in dsm garnth..why would the TENTH NANAK desert this TRADITION of all the PRECEEDING GURUS and desert the SIGNATURE NANAK to TITLE banis Patshai Dass BUT NOT SIGN them as the other GURUS DID...with NANAK ( or even Patshahi Das )....all poets never leave out their NAME from their writings..its just NOT done..and many wriitings do contain names like sham ram pointing towards the authors).
Anyway i digress... the Bani is ALL ONE...and there is NO QUESTION of any Guru trying to correct or declining to correct etc. Such blasphemous views are brought forward by anti-sikhs who dont have full faith in Guru sahibs. Many anti-sikh scholars have claimed that Guru Arjun ji changed/altered Guru nanak Jis Bani....etc etc. This is Totally wrong.
2. Whereever..the Bhagats have not fully explained a concept..the GURU JI has done a "technical correction" which is actually an elaboration that CLARIFIES the Bhagat bani. in one place when the bhagat says his blood is "unnecessray"..Guru Ji explains that BLOOD is VITAL to LIFE..a body cannot survive without BLOOD..what NEEDS to be REMOVED form BLOOD...is LOBH..Hankaar ..VICES...
Such examples can be seen in the Bhagat kabir Ji swaiyas..alterations by Guru Amardass Ji, Bhagt Farid Jis loks etc. Bhagat ji used a metaphor..Guru Ji expalined it fully in case it is misunderstood...as is reality - Mnay actually beleive that Farid Ji had made a WOODEN ROTI which he hung aroudn his waist..and bit it to satisfy his hunger...just from a superficial understanding of Roti meree KAATH KE..laavan meri Bukh..whch is a METAPHOR and not that Fraid ji NEVER ATE !! OR the imaginary paintings of Farid ji lying on the gorund with a crow tanding over him ready to peck out his eyes...just becasue Farid Ji wrote a verse about his eyes havent seen his beloved yet !! THOSE EYES are METAPHORICAL..and NOT the ones that the crow can Dig out !! These physical eyes cannot see "GOD".

Thnaks you for your message..we are all here to LEARN..and we do that..from EACH OTHER...each one has a place of HONOUR in SPN. Keep in Chardeekalla and keep on wriiting...:happy::happy:

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
Sadh Sangat,
Guru fateh.
What I am going to say is just a speculation on my part but it has been on my mind for a long time and I have decided to share it with you all. After Guru Arjan Dev ji added his Gurbani in SGGS, one wonders why Guru Teg Bahadur did not add his. Why did Guru Gobind ji added his father Gurbani instead? We all know that our 9th Guru had all the time to do that before he sacrificed himself for the sake of humanity, not just for Sikhi.

We also know the selfless nature of Guru Gobind Singh ever since he was just a young lad. The proof of this wonderful nature is self evident when he asked his father to sacrifice his life for the sake of others while he was just a young boy. This was a very unique thing void of Me-ism at that very tender age. It is difficult to find a person of that age with so much vision and courage.

We also know that Guru Gobind Singh was also a polyglot, a martial art expert and a great poet. The proof of the latter can be seen at Gurdwara Paonta Sahib.

He sacrificed his father, his 4 sons and gave us the true GPS of life based on the gurmat values written in SGGS by establishing Khalsa Panth. Khalsa panth is the amalgam of the concept of democracy sans hierarchy created by Guru Nanak where the community leaders consisting of Panj Pyaras take decision for the betterment of its people, a unique concept then, which has become the back bone of today's world with a new name called the boardroom where all the decisions are taken collectively in all fields imaginable.

Gyani ji is so right by pointing out this important aspect in his above post,"THIS btw is the Strongest argument against the banis left outside and included in dsm garnth..why would the TENTH Nanak desert this TRADITION of all the PRECEEDING GURUS and desert the SIGNATURE Nanak to TITLE banis Patshai Dass BUT NOT SIGN them as the other GURUS DID...with Nanak ( or even Patshahi Das )....all poets never leave out their NAME from their writings..its just NOT done..and many wriitings do contain names like sham ram pointing towards the authors)".

So, my own feeling is that the Gurbani added by our 10th Guru under the name of his father, the 9th Guru could have been actually his own but he wanted to pay homage to his own father, one more selfless act, who gave his life not only for the Sikh Panth but also so that the Kashmiri Pandits whose off spring is also Indira Gandhi could practice their own beliefs. As mentioned earlier that Guru Teg Bahadur had all the time in the world to add his writings in SGGS by himself but the fact is that he did not.

Just a thought which had been fermenting in my head for a long time and I thought this thread was the best to share it. Once again, these are just thoughts of mine and which are obviously speculative.

Tejwant Singh

Amarpal

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 11, 2004
India
Inder Singh Ji,

Thank you for the information you have provided

With love and regards

Amarpal Singh

NALWA

SPNer
Feb 16, 2009
Surrey, BC, Canada
par(Parminder Singh)

"This is a very good start to change from the entenched 17th century ritualistic Sikhi to the 21st century."
Change in a general sense is the law of nature but change merely for the sake of change is a meaningless jesture.The words of Guru Gobind Singh Ji are not mere words.These words were uttered at a certain point of time in the histoty of Khalsa.They are there for eternity.Finally, Who amongst us has the grace of the Akal Purakh like the tenth Guru Sahib had that we take upon our selves to change his words.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2008
The subject under discussion is change of ardas and we should focus on that. Gurudwara in finland has not only changed ardas but also has taken out the name of chali muktas out of ardas. This falls in line with heretic kala afghana lobby that says there were no muktas. That means that we have to rewrite our histroy.

People are writing whatever they like about Dasam granth. May i ask what research they have done to arrive at their conclusions. There are various parameters for assessing a scripture such as availability of manuscripts, contemporary literature of the time, internal evidence, message of its contents, traditions. have any of them including kala afghana looked into that?

Dasam Granth is accepted scripture of sikhs. Traditions do not crop up all of sudden.
People need to know that Guru sahib has used pen names Ram,shyam in some banis. He has also used Gobind as his name. This does not effect the theme of the scritpure.

Veer Tejwant singh ji, I am glad that you too agree Guru Granth Sahab ji is our present Guru.
2- These are not the speculations any more as only yesterday S. Inder singh ji pasted the photocopies of the manuscript of Dasam Granth which clears all doubts. The controversy is not if Dasam Granth is written by Guru ji or not but the wicked game behind this is to place it equal to Guru Granth Sahab ji which is not possible because if it had to be worship as Guru, than there was no need to declare next Guru to Guru Granth Sahab ji.
By giving same status and placing equally in Gurudwara's, whether we not doing jeopardize in faith with our Guru and betraying by considering two Gurus at one time?
Reciting Baani from either Granth is not banned. We are bound to recite the Baani of Dasam Granth in our Nit-Nem.
3- In a short life of 42 years only, Guruji had to fight with Moguls and Pahari Hindu rulers since the age of 19 years only. He was adorned with famous poets of his time at Paonta Sahib and Anandpur Sahib.He had to re-write Guru Granth Sahab ji beside compiling his own baanis when he was denied to handover the original script.
Dohra,"Sambat satrah sahas pachavan Haar vadi pratham sukh daavan !!" These lines referred to Chaupai (860),Which is a proof that Dasam Granth was compiled in Bikrami Samvat 1755(1698 AD).This is again certified by the photocopy of first page sent by S. Inder Singh ji, If you still deny, it will be your ignorance of facts.
See again:--
Contents from the rare handwritten beerh of Sri Dasam Granth compiled in 1755 Bikrami (1698 A.D.), one year before the formation of Khalsa. The date when this historic beerh was compiled is given in the introductory paragraph. This beerh is preserved at Takhat Sri Patna Sahib. It is noteworthy that Guru Gobind Singh Sahib’s bani "Zafarnamah" which was written in 1704 A.D., six years after this beerh was compiled, does not feature in this beerh. Also noteworthy is the name of the granth that appears on the top, “Patshah Dasven Ju Ka Granth” (The Granth of the Tenth Master).

The year mentioned on this handwritten beerh is also significant because Bhai Kesar Singh Chibber too in Bansavalinama records that Guru Gobind Singh Sahib had himself compiled the Granth in 1755 Bikrami (1698 A.D.), and this Chhota Granth[1] was very dear to him. Evidently that this is one of the oldest beerhs which Guru Sahib himself compiled before the formation of the Khalsa. Later compilations of the complete banees of Guru Gobind Singh Sahib is attributed to Bhai Mani Singh.

ਛੋਟਾ ਗਰੰਥ ਜੀ ਜਨਮੇ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਦਸਵੇਂ ਪਾਤਸ਼ਾਹ ਕੇ ਧਾਮ।
ਸੰਮਤ ਸਤਾਰਾਂ ਸੈ ਪਚਵੰਜਾ, ਬਹੁਤ ਖਿਡਾਵੇ ਲਿਖਾਰੇ ਨਾਮ।
ਸਾਹਿਬ ਨੂੰ ਸੀ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਹਥੀਂ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਖਿਡਾਇਆ।
ਸਿਖਾਂ ਕੀਤੀ ਅਰਦਾਸ, 'ਜੀ ਅਗਲੇ (ਭਾਵ ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ) ਨਾਲਿ ਚਾਹੀਏ ਰਲਾਇਆ'।
ਬਚਨ ਕੀਤਾ, 'ਗਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਹੈ ਉਹ, ਏਹ ਅਸਾਡੀ ਖੇਡ ਹੈ।'
ਨਾਲਿ ਨ ਮਿਲਾਇਆ ਆਹਾ ਪਿਆਰਾ, ਕਉਨ ਜਾਣੈ ਭੇਦ।
ਸੋ ਦੋਨੋ ਗਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਭਾਈ ਗੁਰ ਕਿਰ ਜਾਨੋ।
ਵਡਾ ਹੈ ਟਿਕਾ ਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਟਕੇ ਪੋਥੀਆਂ ਪੁਤਰ ਪੋਤਰੇ ਕਿਰ ਪਛਾਨੋ

(ਬੰਸਾਵਲੀਨਾਮਾ, ਭਾਈ ਕੇਸਰ ਸਿੰਘ ਛਿੱਬਰ) [1] Kesar Singh Chibber calls the granth as Chotta Granth (small granth) in relation to the status of Sri Guru Granth Sahib

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Moved to Leaders until we see eye to eye with Inder Singh ji

Inder Singh ji, although i can read Gurumukhi/Punjabi but many other members who may be debating the issue... cannot read in Gurumukhi/Punjabi...

May i request you to kindly produce this article in a more widely used medium ie. English for the benefit of sangat at SPN...

Thank you for understanding and consideration,

Warm Regards

Admin Aman Singh ji has just requested that there be NO posting of Gurumukhi/Punjabi without an English translation This is a forum rule, and right after Aman ji made this request the rule was violated again. So this time I am directing all to observe what Aman ji has stated or the commentary will be removed. Thank you, aad0002

Feb 7, 2008
Admin Aman Singh ji has just requested that there be NO posting of Gurumukhi/Punjabi without an English translation This is a forum rule, and right after Aman ji made this request the rule was violated again. So this time I am directing all to observe what Aman ji has stated or the commentary will be removed. Thank you, aad0002

Aman singh ji has asked me to render a translation of the article. I will do that as time permits. nowhere he has written that there should be any writing in Punjabi. Most of our literature is in Punjab and i see no reason to raise objection even for a small couplet as posted by Ajmer singh ji.

If there is a written rule please post it here.

Feb 7, 2008
Aman singh ji has asked me to render a translation of the article. I will do that as time permits. nowhere he has written that there should not be any writing in Punjabi. Most of our literature is in Punjabi and i see no reason to raise objection even for a small couplet as posted by Ajmer singh ji which is basically a refrence of earlier post.

If there is a written rule please post it here.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Inder ji

English is the official language of the forum. It is easier to abide by my request than to lock horms with me about it. Thank you.

Feb 7, 2008
Aad0002 ji

I did not contest that English is not the official language of the forum. My question was regading the policy banning certain couplets in Punjabi if they are part of the article. Is there a forum policy on that.

Please read my post with a cool mind and reply.

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Yes there is a forum rule and other people have abided by it. I will post the rule "when time permits."

Status
Not open for further replies.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM