• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Yuvraj Singh On Om Run

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
It’s not just his great performance at the ongoing World Cup that’s charming Yuvraj Singh’s fans. The 29-year-old cricketer’s newfound lucky charm, a gold and diamond pendant with the Hindu religious symbol, Om, has turned hot stuff on the streets.

“I’m getting a lot of orders for Om pendants similar to Yuvraj’s,” says
Apeksha Jain, a Chandni Chowk-based jewellery designer. Tarang Arora from Amrapali says, “Many customers have come up asking for the ‘Yuvraj pendant’. I guess he wears it because ‘Om’ is one of the few words which gives you a feeling of peace and Indianness.”

The accessory is the new ‘it’ thing on campus. “Three of my pals are sporting Om pendants after they saw Yuvi wear it,” says Nitin Singh, 21.

The diamond-studded pendant costs around Rs 60-70,000 in gold, but many jewellers are selling cheaper versions in silver with other gemstones.

Word has it that the cricketer is wearing the pendant to ensure his dream run in the game. “The charm, gifted to Yuvi by Mumbai-based jewellery designer Bina Goenka, is turning out to be lucky for him. It also suits him as he is a religious, ‘temple-going’ boy at heart,” says his manager, Kedhar Gawde.

Jewellery designer Alpana Gujral says, “The pendant that Yuvraj Singh sports is definitely an auspicious thing. Such pendants are also used as a meditative tool for concentration, and the best part is that Yuvraj is also setting an example for the younger generation so that they start believing in spirituality.”

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Yuvi-on-an-Om-run/Article1-676317.aspx

Attachments

• yuvraj-om-pendent.png
    yuvraj-om-pendent.png
    311 KB · Reads: 1,297

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
I have seen many times people discussing here whether it is necessary for sikhs to have a identity.I guess this is the practical answer to them.99% of people in India think that Yuvraj singh is Hindu ,by wearing Om pendent he is reassuring them that he is hindu.Abhinav bindra's father also discarded turban and gave his son a hindu name instead of Sikh one.In India clean shaven sikhs just assimilate them into hinduism in one or two generations

Mai Harinder Kaur

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Oct 5, 2006
British Columbia, Canada
I have seen many times people discussing here whether it is necessary for sikhs to have a identity.I guess this is the practical answer to them.99% of people in India think that Yuvraj singh is Hindu ,by wearing Om pendent he is reassuring them that he is hindu.Abhinav bindra's father also discarded turban and gave his son a hindu name instead of Sikh one.In India clean shaven sikhs just assimilate them into hinduism in one or two generations

Just "shaven," please, not "clean shaven." There is nothing clean about it!

Kanwaljit.Singh

Writer
SPNer
Jan 29, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Such pendants are also used as a meditative tool for concentration, and the best part is that Yuvraj is also setting an example

Hehehe this is the best part! They think the power is in the pendant. They don't realize that Hindus are supposed to meditate by repeating OM, not wear pendants.

Aug 28, 2010
ANY ONE IS REFFERED AS HINDU OR ASIKH IS NOT RELATED TO THIS WORD "OM".
A SIKH BY ALL MEAMS IS TO BE IDENTIFIED WITH 5K s AS GIVEN BY GURU GOBIND SINGH JI.SOMETIMES SOME PEOPLE ARE UNABLE TO UNDERSTAND THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THIS IDENTITY AND THEY GO A DIFFERENT WAY.
Prakash.S.Bagga

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: