Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

1. Monthly (Recurring) Target: $300 :: Achieved: $95
      Become a Supporter    ::   Make a Contribution   

Wisdom of God

Discussion in 'Gurmat Vichaar' started by Sardara123, Feb 18, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Sardara123

Sardara123
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Gurbani is Wisdom of God. When I was a young boy, I remember my uncle telling me that Gurbani can only be truly understood if you stop thinking "I know". I was very young at that time to understand what he meant by that. Now, I am getting to the point that his words are starting to make sense. He was absolutely right.

Gurbani confuses those who think they know too much. Even at Spn, I am experiencing this truth. But I will keep sharing Guru Ji's words for those who read it keeping their MY WISDOM aside.

Worldly wisdom disappears in no time. It is God's Wisdom- Gurbani that stays.
    Bani Nirankaar hai.

In the following Shabad Guru Ji tells:

English Translations:
    Kalyaan, Fifth Mehl, Second House:
    One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:
    Belief in You, Lord, brings honor.
    To see with my eyes, and hear with my ears - every limb and fiber of my being, and my breath of life are in bliss. ||1||Pause||
    Here and there, and in the ten directions You are pervading, in the mountain and the blade of grass. ||1||
    Wherever I look, I see the Lord, the Supreme Lord, the Primal Being.
    In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, doubt and fear are dispelled. Nanak speaks the Wisdom of God. ||2||1||4||
    source: SikhiToTheMax

Shabad Gurbani:
    kilAwn mhlw 5 Gru 2
    <> siqgur pRswid ]
    qyrY mwin hir hir mwin ]
    nYn bYn sRvn sunIAY AMg AMgy suK pRwin ]1] rhwau ]
    ieq auq dh idis rivE myr iqnih smwin ]1]
    jq kqw qq pyKIAY hir purK piq prDwn ]
    swDsMig BRm BY imty kQy nwnk bRhm igAwn ]2]1]4]

2. Loading...

Since you're here... we have a small favor to ask...

More people are visiting & reading SPN than ever but far fewer are paying to sustain it. Advertising revenues across the online media have fallen fast. So you can see why we need to ask for your help. Donating to SPN's is vote for free speech, for diversity of opinions, for the right of the people to stand up to religious bigotry. Without any affiliation to any organization, this constant struggle takes a lot of hard work to sustain as we entirely depend on the contributions of our esteemed writers/readers. We do it because we believe our perspective matters – because it might well be your perspective, too... Fund our efforts and together we can keep the world informed about the real Sikh Sikhi Sikhism. If everyone who writes or reads our content, who likes it, helps us to pay for it, our future would be much more secure. Every Contribution Matters, Contribute Generously!

Become a Supporter      ::     Make a Contribution