Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Why we are called Sikh ?

Discussion in 'History of Sikhism' started by mehargags, Jan 10, 2006.

Tags:
  1. mehargags

mehargags
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

SSA SARIYA NU
    IT may be fooled question but this come to my mind that
    On baisakhi Guru Gobind singh Ji Made us KHALSA
    so why we write our religion SIKH not KHALSA,
    I know sikh mean student but who given us this word "sikh" guru gobind singh ji ?
    thanwad

2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Sikhs Following Hindu Customs . Why Are We So Foolish And Whats This Guilt About ? Hard Talk Oct 1, 2016
    Opinion Who The Hell Are Sikhs? And Why Do They Wear The Turban? Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Sep 18, 2016
    Hard Talk Why Are Airports Still So Clueless About Respecting Sikhs? Hard Talk Mar 12, 2016
    Sikh News Why Are Airports Still So Clueless About Respecting The Rights of Sikhs? Breaking News Mar 9, 2016
    Sikh Why Are You A Sikh? Sikh Sikhi Sikhism Feb 28, 2016

3. Gyani Jarnail Singh

Gyani Jarnail Singh Malaysia
    Expand Collapse
    Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

Dear Jio,
    Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Wahgeguru Ji KI fateh.

We are called SIKHS..because we are LIFE-LONG..LEARNERS....

KHALSA is a STAGE in our Journey as SIKHS..it is certainly Not the END or Conclusion of our "Learning" process. So we continue to be called SIKHS even though we may have achieved the status of Khalsa.... just as a Kindergarten student is also called "student"....and so is a "University Student"...called a "student"..no matter if he is basic degree/Honours Degree/Masters Degree/PH.D degree..or even after that post-graduate...a "wise student" will continue to "learn"....till the day he dies..!!!

You can call a newly "Amrtidharee Khalsa"..a "University student"...but as to keeping Rehit, doing sewa simran, kirt, waand chhaknaa, and all those "studies" that a Khalsa student must do....thats a LIFE TIME JOB. NO self respecting "Khalsa" will ever have so much hankaar as to "sit back on his laurels" and claim...AAAH I have ARRIVED..I am PERFECT NOW...no need to do any more...simrans, jaaps, paaths, etc etc ?? A good Khalsa will continue all this even MORE...and more as his days get longer..and steps towards death get faster...

THAT is why we are called SIKHS.

Love,

Jarnail Singh Gyani