• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Learn Punjabi Why Punjabi Is Ignored In Google Networks?

Apr 14, 2010
new delhi
Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh... gursikh veer and bhaiji,
it is seen that in google language support Hindi,mrathi,gurjrati, kannad is supported by google networks but not Punjabi which is the second language of India. Why so???I asked from the help service of google language and they replied that punjabi people do not use their own language and uses english in most of thier sikhism sites and in other sites. Punjabi is used only by some villagers as their regional language.That is why it is not accepted by google and other networks.Is this not a shame full thing for us?

ਗੁਰੂ ਪਿਆਰਿਓਂ ,ਕੀ ਅਸੀਂ ਜਾਦਾ ਤੋਂ ਜਾਦਾ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਇਸਤਮਾਲ ਕਰਕੇ ਆਪਣੀ ਮਾਂ ਬੋਲੀ ਨੂੰ ਸਤਿਕਾਰ ਯੋਗ ਨਹੀਂ ਬਣਾ ਸਕਦੇ?ਹੋਰ ਭਾਸ਼ਾਵਾਂ ਨੇ ਆਪਣੀ ਬੋਲੀ ਨੂੰ ਇੰਟਰਨੇਟ ਤੇ ਪਾਸ ਕਰਵਾ ਲਿਆ ਹੋਇਆ ਹੈ ਪਰ ਅਸੀਂ ਸਿਖਾਂ ਨੇ ਆਪਣੀ ਮਾਂ ਬੋਲੀ ਨੂੰ ਪਿਛਲਗ ਕਿਉਂ ਬਣਾ ਲਿਆ ਹੋਇਆ ਹੈ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Re: Why Punjabi Is Ignored in Google Networks!

Type this in Google Search..and press ENTER..

ਗੁਰੂ ਪਿਆਰਿਓਂ ,ਕੀ ਅਸੀਂ ਜਾਦਾ ਤੋਂ ਜਾਦਾ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਇਸਤਮਾਲ ਕਰਕੇ ਆਪਣੀ ਮਾਂ ਬੋਲੀ ਨੂੰ ਸਤਿਕਾਰ ਯੋਗ ਨਹੀਂ ਬਣਾ ਸਕਦੇ?ਹੋਰ ਭਾਸ਼ਾਵਾਂ ਨੇ ਆਪਣੀ ਬੋਲੀ ਨੂੰ ਇੰਟਰਨੇਟ ਤੇ ਪਾਸ ਕਰਵਾ ਲਿਆ ਹੋਇਆ ਹੈ ਪਰ ਅਸੀਂ ਸਿਖਾਂ ਨੇ ਆਪਣੀ ਮਾਂ ਬੋਲੀ ਨੂੰ ਪਿਛਲਗ ਕਿਉਂ ਬਣਾ ਲਿਆ ਹੋਇਆ ਹੈ?

the very first LINK comes back to SPN !! this thread.

BlazinSikh

SPNer
May 6, 2011
Croydon, London, England

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

Are we talking about Punjabi, on Google Translate, because if we are, then i agree, lookin' at Google Translate has Hindi, Gujrati, Tamil, Tenglu. But no Punjabi, Punjabi is the one of the four most spoken language in India, why no Punjabi???

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh!

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

Google Translate depends on INPUT...HINDI has the 110% FULL SUPPORT and backing of DELHI...Gujerati from GUJERAT..Tamil form TAMIL NADU..Telegu form KERALA/KANNADA...BUT PUNJABI ?? Punjabi has NO ONE - not even PUNJAB which is run by ANTI_PUNJABI Govt.

Its a FACT that whatever PUNJABI/GURMUKHI that we see on the Internet/Forums/Google etc TODAY is 100% DUE to the SGGS....GURMUKHI FONTS were INVENTED to Facilitate GURBANI...the very first Punjabi/Gurmukhi FONTS like Annandpur Sahib LIPI Jhelum Lipi etc back in the 1980's and DR THINDS GURBANI CD and Gurbani Files Org were for the sole purpose of SGGS..all these were INDIVIDUAL EFFORTS by DIASPORA SIKHS...later on the Punjabi Universities based in Punjab did jump on the bandwagon and have done some work on this...and have ongoing projects but all that AFTER the INITIAL back breaking job had been done by dr Thind...the FATHER of GURMUKHI FONTS !!

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006

Perhaps the OP is talking about Google products (like Android) not supporting Gurmukhi in their apps and stuff.

For example, you have to jump through hoops to get your Android phone to accept Gurmukhi, or to display Gurmukhi characters if you're browsing the Internet.

(unless there is a way to do it and I don't know)

Apr 14, 2010
new delhi

uh te asi kise vi punjabi site ton kujh copy karke dekhiye tan us site te hi pohunch jande han jithon asi punjabi copy kiti hundi hai

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA

uh te asi kise vi punjabi site ton kujh copy karke dekhiye tan us site te hi pohunch jande han jithon asi punjabi copy kiti hundi hai

NAHIN JI..bilkul nahin...

Gurmukhi vich jarnail type karo, cut and paste in Google..and about 100 links open up...all in PUNJABI (Gurmukhi)...OF Coursde IF we cut and paste a special PHRASE..then that Phrase will take us back to the Original Linked site..BUT NOT otherwise...I TYPED JARNAIL and go the following sites..all in PUNJABI....over 100

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012

I would love to find even ONE free site that will translate Gurmukhi to romanized and English.... or even just Romanized to English! Because I have seen many conversations where people type in Punjabi in Romanized characters... so I can read it and sound it out... but have no idea what they are saying because there's no good translator online!

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006

And it's impossible to translate the Romanised back to Gurmukhi because there is no standard system used by every single person to represent Gurmukhi characters with Roman letters. So you can't Gurmukhify it and THEN stick it in a Punjabi/English translator either.

Harkiran Kaur

Leader

Writer
SPNer
Jul 20, 2012

Ishna Ji,

I have come to the conclusion that trying to learn Punjabi is actually learning two languages in one! The Punjabi language and then also the Gurmukhi script. SO to me it seems DOUBLY difficult to learn! ....and everyone says that English is the hardest language to learn LOL.

To my own credit though, I now can recognize about 10 or so Gurmukhi letters and I can start to sound out words in Gurmukhi.... much to my own amazement! Have no idea what I am saying when I do mind you, but I can sound out quite a few words phonetically.

Now I just need some Punjabi vocabulary... not the basic stuff that come with apps on my phone etc. I know what apple, snake, and camel are now in Punjabi, but I REALLY wanna know how to say things like: Me, You, I, We, They, She, He, Us etc. And basic verbs and how to conjugate them like: Do, Say, Am, think, want, etc. and basic sentence structure. (these of course have to be all in Romanized because though I can recognize some words in Gurmukhi, I am not very fast at it yet and still have a plethora of letters to memorize yet LOL)

And it's impossible to translate the Romanised back to Gurmukhi because there is no standard system used by every single person to represent Gurmukhi characters with Roman letters. So you can't Gurmukhify it and THEN stick it in a Punjabi/English translator either.

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Akasha ji..

you a re not alone..
IN Punjabi we have a saying..18 POORBIAEH..18 Chulleh...(Literally 18 Indians 18 stoves - since cooking is CASTE BASED..and each poorbiah would never touch or be allowed to touch or even go near anothers stove..each has to have his/her own separate kitchen/stove etc..)
This Idion Applies fully to GURMUKHI FONTS...each person created his own FONT..even though created using the SAME FONT CREATOR PROGRAMME !! and based on the SAME ASCII Base...so while One Person decided that pressing the Letter A should result in "Airra"...another says NO..my Font will result in "OORRA" if press "A"...and so on...SAME ASCII base, same font creator, same keyboard..BUT different "STOVES"..he he.

FORTUNATELY the Microsoft guys came along and NOW UNICODE demolished all these petty font castles and made them bite the dust...Now UNICODE FONTS can be cut and pasted right across all platforms and computers systems..UNIFORMITY..and Caste less Font World in.. computer world as GURU NANAK JI envisaged ?? he he

And then as we Punjabis love to jump on the bandwagon..many have begun building programmes that cross pollinate fonts and "translate"..go to the site provided...and you have phonetic English typed converted into Punjabi Font...fonts used can be converted if youa re lucky.. This SITE also has a lot more "resources" search it and you may get lucky to discover a gem you personally like...he he

1. http://g2s.learnpunjabi.org/unipad.aspx

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Apr 14, 2010
new delhi
waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh ji...gurmukh ji I was talking about google products available in many other Indian languages but not in Punjabi.As google ad sense,is not supporting our language.As they wrote to me in such way...thank you for your interest in Google AdSense. Unfortunately, after reviewing your application, we're unable to accept you into AdSense at this time.

We did not approve your application for the reasons listed below.

Issues:
- Unsupported Language

---------------------

Further detail:
Unsupported Language: We've found that the majority of your site’s content is in a language we do not currently support. Right now, we're only able to offer language support and ad targeting for the languages listed here: https://www.google.com/support/adsense/as/bin/answer.py?answer=9727 .
This was the issue I was talking about...I'm using Punjabi in majority of the content in my site sikhism4gurmat.com

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
So in a serious way gurmit-kaur-mit ji you have been facing a brick wall, because you have been disqualified and cannot have the advantages of Google adsense. That deprives you of business income. It is not just. I think it is wrong. Somehow some of us have to figure a way to turn this around. It isn't right.

Also, how hard can it be to fix this problem?

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: