• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

When The Black Dog Comes To Visit

Harry Haller

Panga Master
SPNer
Jan 31, 2011
The last 6 weeks have been too dark to write a blog about, also, I have noted in times of extreme darkness, I push on, wishing to taste more of the damp dankness, as I find it helpful in my writing!

So with no outlet to describe the darkness, I have just worked and slept. After a while the black dog comes to visit, he sits on my shoulder, and just watches, this morning, he shuffled off and left me alone, I am like a little kid in a sweetshop, no dog, no wolf, I don't feel too bonkers, almost normal, whatever that is, I am starving him, I have sold his Range Rover, I have not sex in uhmmm let me think , how long has it been, not really sure, I think its uhmm 11 weeks 4 days 6 hours and 32 seconds, not that its on my mind, I have stopped eating anything other than basic food, beans, bread, aloo, I have tried, very hard to put on a clean t shirt every day, the weather makes the world look dark, grey, 20 years ago, today would have been a good day to die, today is a good day to live, I treasure these few moments of normality, serenity, it makes it so easy to connect, it makes living the truth a lot easier, no howling, no screaming, peace, its nice,

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
Yes, the kind of peace you describe has a silky, unruffled, soothing feeling. It laps at your soul the way the river waters lap at the sides of a canoe when you just let down the oars and lean back for a restful look at the sky. Sounds, colors, smells, they are all mellow. If there were only a way to preserver the moment and call on it like a genie from a bottle when it is needed. I always have to rediscover it; and it does return.

Ishna

Writer
SPNer
May 9, 2006
Precious moments to recharge, brother. Isn't it funny how so many different incarnations of our selves fight over the driver's seat.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: