Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

What Love is all About

Discussion in 'Inspirational Stories' started by Humble_Gursevak, Jan 5, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Humble_Gursevak

Humble_Gursevak
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

What Love Is All About, A Doctor's Story

It was a busy morning, approximately 8:30 am, when an elderly gentleman in his 80's, arrived to have stitches removed from his thumb. He stated that he was in a hurry as he had an appointment at 9:00 am.

I took his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over anhour before someone would to able to see him. I saw him looking at his watchand decided, since I was not busy with another patient, I would evaluate his wound.
    [​IMG]
    On exam it was well healed, so I talked to one of the doctors, got the needed supplies to remove his sutures and redress his wound. While taking care of his wound, we began to engage in conversation. I asked him if he had a doctor's appointment this morning, as he was in such a hurry. The gentleman told me no, that he needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife.

I then inquired as to her health. He told me that she had been there for awhile and that she was a victim of Alzheimer Disease. As we talked, and I finished dressing his wound, I asked if she would be worried if he was a bit late. He replied that she no longer knew who he was, that she had not recognized him in five years now.
    [​IMG]
    I was surprised, and asked him. "And you still go every morning, even though she doesn't know who you are?"

He smiled as he patted my hand and said. She doesn't know me, but I still know who she is."

I had to hold back tears as he left, I had goose bumps on my arm, and thought, "That is the kind of love I want in my life."

True love is neither physical, nor romantic. True love is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and will not be. With all the jokes and fun that are in e-mails, sometimes there are some that come along that have an important message, and this is one of those kind. Just had to share it with you all.

[​IMG]
    Please share this with someone you care about - I JUST DID.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    SATSANGATlover Joins Sikh Philosophy Network! New SPN'ers Nov 12, 2016
    Do You Believe In Love? Blogs Jun 15, 2016
    Is There A Thin Line Between Love And Hate? Interfaith Dialogues Apr 25, 2016
    Should I Become A Sikh For Love? Relationships Mar 28, 2016
    Interfaith Sikh Santa is Spreading the Festive Love Interfaith Dialogues Dec 20, 2015

3. devinesanative

devinesanative
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

"True love is neither physical, nor romantic. True love is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and will not be. With all the jokes and fun that are in e-mails, sometimes there are some that come along that have an important message, and this is one of those kind. Just had to share it with you all. "

Yes , you are right Humble Gursevak .

Upon reading this Tears rolled down my eyes .

• Like Like x 2
  4. roopsidhu

roopsidhu
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

SSA
    true love is something which can be experianced, felt, enjoyed but can never be expressed in words.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Tejwant Singh

Tejwant Singh United States
    Expand Collapse
    Mentor Writer SPNer Contributor

Roopsidhu ji,

Guru Fateh.

I beg to differ with you. We need words to experience, feel and enjoy true love. If it were not the case then we would not have 1429 pages of Sri Guru Granth Sahib, our only Guru, full of love for Ik Ong Kaar.

Yes, words are not enough. Our Gurus mentioned the same thing in Gurbani but when words used precisely as our visionary Gurus did, the experience by reading those words- Gurbani- is like Gungei ki Mithaee which is the result of True Love.

Regards

Tejwant Singh

• Like Like x 4
    #4 Tejwant Singh, May 18, 2010
    Last edited: May 19, 2010
  6. roopsidhu

roopsidhu
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

SSA,
    Tejwant ji,
    What I mean is that the defination of the true love is hard to be described in words. 1429 angs of SGGS ji are praise of ek-onkaar and the writers of those 1429 angs were enlightened souls. We ( normal human beings) can just think or pray for that type of intellectuality to express in words in true means. Gurbani is ocean of knowledge and during discussions whenever someone quotes gurbani, my head just bows down to it.
    Loved ur answer.
    Roopsidhu

• Like Like x 4
  7. a.mother

a.mother Canada
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

I was surprised, and asked him. "And you still go every morning, even though she doesn't know who you are?"

He smiled as he patted my hand and said. She doesn't know me, but I still know who she is."

That is true love ,LOVE is all about you . Its all from your heart. Nothing to expect from some one, Its completely what you feel for others.

• Like Like x 4