1. SPN is the most popular online destination of Sikh Scholars, Intellectuals sharing & exploring their understanding on Sikhi. We invite you to write for SPN by sharing your intellectual research Articles, News, Videos & of course, your views!
    Dismiss Notice

What is the way to praise the Lord?

Discussion in 'Gurmat Vichaar' started by Astroboy, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Astroboy

Expand Collapse
    ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
    Contributor SPNer

Jul 14, 2007
    As often as it is mentioned that the way to salvation is the constant praising of the Lord, God; I wish to know what are the ways to praise the Lord because I am interested in Jivan Mukti (Salvation).

Page 1386, Line 15
    ਕਵਨੁ ਜੋਗੁ ਕਉਨੁ ਗ੍ਯ੍ਯਾਨੁ ਧ੍ਯ੍ਯਾਨੁ ਕਵਨ ਬਿਧਿ ਉਸ੍ਤਤਿ ਕਰੀਐ ॥
    कवनु जोगु कउनु ग्यानु ध्यानु कवन बिधि उस्तति करीऐ ॥
    Kavan jog ka▫un ga▫yān ḏẖeān kavan biḏẖ usṯaṯ karī▫ai.
    What is the Yoga, what is the spiritual wisdom and meditation, and what is the way, to praise the Lord?
    Guru Arjan Dev - view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok

spnadmin likes this.

2. vsgrewal48895

Expand Collapse
    Writer SPNer

Mar 12, 2009
    Through Devotional Love & unconditionally accepting Its Will as Bhagat Ravidas says in Raag Sorath;

ਜਉ ਤੁਮ ਗਿਰਿਵਰ ਤਉ ਹਮ ਮੋਰਾ ॥ਜਉ ਤੁਮ ਚੰਦ ਤਉ ਹਮ ਭਏ ਹੈ ਚਕੋਰਾ ॥ਜਉ ਤੁਮ ਦੀਵਰਾ ਤਉ ਹਮ ਬਾਤੀ ॥ਜਉ ਤੁਮ ਤੀਰਥ ਤਉ ਹਮ ਜਾਤੀ ॥ਸਾਚੀ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਹਮ ਤੁਮ ਸਿਉ ਜੋਰੀ ॥ਤੁਮ ਸਿਉ ਜੋਰਿ ਅਵਰ ਸੰਗਿ ਤੋਰੀ ॥

Jaou Tum Girivar Taou Ham Moraa, Jaou Tum Chand Taou Ham Bha-ay Hai Chakoraa, Jaou Tum Deevraa Taou Ham Baatee, Jaou Tum Tirath Taou Ham Jaatee, Saachee Pareet Ham Tum Si-o Joree, Tum Si-o Jor Avar Sang Toree.

If You are the mountain, God, then I am the peacock. If You are the moon, then I am the partridge in love with it. If You are the lamp, then I am the wick. If You are the sacred place of pilgrimage, then I am the pilgrim. I am joined in true love with You, Akal Purkh. I am joined with You, and I have broken with all others. -----Ravidas, Raag Sorath, AGGS, Page, 658

Virinder S. Grewal
    Astroboy likes this.