1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, we truly appreciate your patience while we are working hard on the upgrade process, which was forced upon us due to the decline of our original forum software. Good news is SPN is almost ready to resume its normal operations soon. The new cutting edge software has been chosen with a primary focus on enhancing user experience especially while using SPN on the mobile devices such as tablets or phones. This new platform will also provide us the opportunity to implement new ideas which were not possible in old software. Forum appearance will be an on going process and you would notice significant changes as we mature working in the new software environment. Some of the core functionality like the blogs will be restored gradually. Once, the forum is fully active, please take your time navigating around the new forum functionality. We will also introduce you to new functionality from time to time.

What is the way to praise the Lord?

Discussion in 'Gurmat Vichaar' started by Astroboy, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Astroboy

Astroboy ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap) SPNer

As often as it is mentioned that the way to salvation is the constant praising of the Lord, God; I wish to know what are the ways to praise the Lord because I am interested in Jivan Mukti (Salvation).

Page 1386, Line 15
    ਕਵਨੁ ਜੋਗੁ ਕਉਨੁ ਗ੍ਯ੍ਯਾਨੁ ਧ੍ਯ੍ਯਾਨੁ ਕਵਨ ਬਿਧਿ ਉਸ੍ਤਤਿ ਕਰੀਐ ॥
    कवनु जोगु कउनु ग्यानु ध्यानु कवन बिधि उस्तति करीऐ ॥
    Kavan jog ka▫un ga▫yān ḏẖeān kavan biḏẖ usṯaṯ karī▫ai.
    What is the Yoga, what is the spiritual wisdom and meditation, and what is the way, to praise the Lord?
    Guru Arjan Dev - view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok

spnadmin likes this.
  2. vsgrewal48895

vsgrewal48895 Well-Known Member SPNer

Through Devotional Love & unconditionally accepting Its Will as Bhagat Ravidas says in Raag Sorath;

ਜਉ ਤੁਮ ਗਿਰਿਵਰ ਤਉ ਹਮ ਮੋਰਾ ॥ਜਉ ਤੁਮ ਚੰਦ ਤਉ ਹਮ ਭਏ ਹੈ ਚਕੋਰਾ ॥ਜਉ ਤੁਮ ਦੀਵਰਾ ਤਉ ਹਮ ਬਾਤੀ ॥ਜਉ ਤੁਮ ਤੀਰਥ ਤਉ ਹਮ ਜਾਤੀ ॥ਸਾਚੀ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਹਮ ਤੁਮ ਸਿਉ ਜੋਰੀ ॥ਤੁਮ ਸਿਉ ਜੋਰਿ ਅਵਰ ਸੰਗਿ ਤੋਰੀ ॥

Jaou Tum Girivar Taou Ham Moraa, Jaou Tum Chand Taou Ham Bha-ay Hai Chakoraa, Jaou Tum Deevraa Taou Ham Baatee, Jaou Tum Tirath Taou Ham Jaatee, Saachee Pareet Ham Tum Si-o Joree, Tum Si-o Jor Avar Sang Toree.

If You are the mountain, God, then I am the peacock. If You are the moon, then I am the partridge in love with it. If You are the lamp, then I am the wick. If You are the sacred place of pilgrimage, then I am the pilgrim. I am joined in true love with You, Akal Purkh. I am joined with You, and I have broken with all others. -----Ravidas, Raag Sorath, AGGS, Page, 658

Cordially,
    Virinder S. Grewal

Astroboy likes this.