• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

What Is The Meaning Of Gurprasad?

findingmyway

Writer
SPNer
Aug 17, 2010
World citizen!
FINDINGMYWAYS Ji,
DIVINE GREETINGS,
I appreciate your views on the pronunciation of the very first SYMBOL in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.Appreciation is related to the pronunciation.You are able to appreciate when you listen to proper pronunciation of any poetic language.
I may inform you that the two words IK and EK are not the same in their reference meanings.You may pl note that these words in Gurbaani appear as
IK.. ..IKu.....IKAA and IKO
EK.....EKu....EKAA and EKO Ref GURMUKHI VERSION OF Sri Guru Granth Sahib JI only

For your information I may tell you that the word EK is PLURAL and ADJECTIVE whereas the word IK is also PLURAL but NOUN.

With best wishes
Prakash.S.Bagga
If you are able to analyse the above words gramatically you will find different meanings

Please forgive me but I cannot untderstand how the word for ONE can be plural when the very definition of 1 is opposite to plural, it is singular. And what are you saying this means? That we have plural Gods? Also how does this relate to understanding Gurprasad?
Thanks

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
Guru Ji could have written the word for "ONE" BUT He DIDNT..He used the NUMERAL..so its perfctly clear what He means. Its SINGULAR...The ONLY ONE. The Hindus had OM..but they concurently also had the Trinity..and several gods...and 33 kror devtas and devis...so Guru ji DEVISED this UNUSUAL SYMBOL uisng the NUMERAL to remove all ambiguity and doubts once and for all.

1 can have no other meaning or interpretation..unless one is trying ones level best to bring it back under the previous plethora of multiple Oms and brahmas vishnus and shivs:eek:rangesingh::happysingh::blueturban::redturban:welcomemunda

Aug 28, 2010
Meaning of GUR PRASAAD,
It is interesting to note that in Gurbaani we find the words as under

GUR PRASAAD

GURu PARSAADu

GUR PRASAADi/GUR PARSAADi

GUR PARSAADI

All the above combinations convey different meanings in different context.This is
very important,

Prakash.S.Bagga

spnadmin

1947-2014 (Archived)
SPNer
Jun 17, 2004
prakash.s.bagga ji

I sincerely hope that you are going to develop your comments just above, with the contextual elaborations.

Aug 28, 2010
SPNADMIN,
Divine Greetings.
I have just brought into notice my observations from SGGS ji.I may not be able to elaborate as this requires different consideration .But since this observation is very much there in SGGS ji anyone interested can refer this of course from Gurmukhi Version of Sggs ji only.
With best wishes,
Prakash.S.Bagga

Aug 28, 2010
Ref:Meaning of GUR PRASAADi

I was going thru the messages of Page 1 on this subject.It is surprising to note that we are not trying to understand how the word GUR can be used as refference for GURU'.In this respect the message from SEEKER3k Ji is more relevent because unless we are clear in what we are understanding it would be difficult to comprehend the correct meaning of GUR PRASAADi.
Therefore I would be grateful to know from any one as to How the word GUR can be used as refference for GURU.
Prakash.s.Bagga

Chinu

SPNer
Oct 22, 2011
a question that has intrigued me from age of 2

Gurparsad - what is it?

from an innocent question i asked from my mom and anyone near, every time i recited the Mool Mantar...i have always reflected upon it...day after day... yet failed to grasp it all...

i hope to learn more from the learned people here...

Personal understanding is

Gur+Parsad

Gur means Guru,
Parsad means the thing which is betowed,

"Gurparsad-Jap" means: When somebody want's to chant the name of "God" -- this will be bestowed by guru, or this will be given to you by guru in the form of "Parsad"

"Satshriakal"

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: