• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

What Is The Difference Between Guru And God?

Apr 15, 2009
hey gud question....... according to me this question has answer in only one line.try to understand, guru is one who can show us just right way how to reach to the god..... i think u will have got ur answer............:happy::welcome:

Gyani Jarnail Singh

Sawa lakh se EK larraoan
Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jul 4, 2004
KUALA LUMPUR MALAYSIA
The GURU is the "LIGHT" that shows the Creator..the GURU gives us the GYAAN to "see" Him.

Something my Muslim neighbour told me...God is in Heaven !! Heaven is under the feet of Ones Mother !! ???.....Bowing to ones mother.honoring her is akin to being in Gods Heaven.Presence..

hsnanua

SPNer
May 13, 2009
wjkk wjkf,

I disagree God and Guru are the same.... In mool mantar, it is said "ajooni' meaning without a form. So, if guru is a form of God then the mool mantar is not true.

Guru is a 'Bohaith' a ship, a divine soul which has direct connection with God. He sends the message of God to us. Thats why "Gur Bina Mukt nahi"....

Next question comes, who is a bhagat... A bhagat is lower than a guru because bhagats have only GLIMPSES of God. Not direct link....

wjkk wjkf

Jan 6, 2005
Metro-Vancouver, B.C., Canada
The True Guru and the Lord Are the Same:

guru prmysru eyku hY sB mih rihAw smwie ]
gur paramaesar eaek hai sabh mehi rehiaa samaae ||
The Guru and the Transcendent Lord are one and the same, pervading and permeating amongst all.

Guru Arjan Dev Ji
Siree Raag
Panna 53
- Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

--------------------------------------

gur pwrbRhm eykY hI jwny ]2]
gur paarabreham eaekai hee jaanae ||2||
one sees the Guru and the Supreme Lord God as one and the same. ||2||

Guru Arjan Dev Ji
Raag Raamkalee
Panna 887 - Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

source: Sikhi to the max.com

Tejwant Singh

Mentor
Writer
SPNer
Jun 30, 2004
Henderson, NV.
As Ik Ong Kaar is omnipresent- in all and everything, then our behaviour based on Gurmat ideals is capable of making us emulate our Gurus,hence our actions and truthful living can make us Godly. Ik Ong Kaar is not any monolithic entity but Creative Energy within all.

So, goodness is the manifestation of Ik Ong Kaar in our Gurus and in all the rest of us.

Tejwant Singh

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: