• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Sikhi What Are Dharam Khand, Gyan Khand, Saram Khand, Karam Khand As Per Gurmat?

Dalvinder Singh Grewal

Writer
Historian
SPNer
Jan 3, 2010
Good morning Everyone [UK 06:32]

It's Monday, start of a yet another "exciting" week. For some, its the same old thing on a different day, but for many, it is special. I'm one of those who like to think it special, case in point being, you either moan or groan, or get on with it. Generally speaking, Sikhs don't doom n gloom, but rather, "chuk da fattah" outlook, almost all the time. And as a result, coined a term 'chardi kala' for that very reason, meaning, ascending spirit, more commonly referred to as, optimism. This is contrary to Stoic philosophy [self alienation or detachment from society], which is seemingly cynical and has a pessimistic ring to it.

..nonsense ! choose your words carefully young man, there is no such thing as a demon. It is you and your outlook. Look at what Guru Ji says about the mind, "man tu jyot saroop ha apna mool pehchan" [meaning, mind you too emerge from the same light of eternity, cotton on]. Besides, look at all those who'd befriended the mind to give us the marvels of science and technology. You n me are connected across seven seas because some people had put their mind to good use. So should you, and if anything, your pranks are youthful exuberances - don't worry, like all things they too will come to pass.

..beautifully put Harkiran ! Sign of spiritual maturity - thank you !

..beautiful !

Sir, I'm a little sceptical ? would it suffice to suggest that understanding of Him precedes meditation and the process is organically, one of supplanting ? That is to say, understanding becomes meditation.
Various stages have been given in Japuji i.e., performing dharma, service to society (dharam khand), knowing him, realsiing Him and self (gyan khand), meditating on him (saram khand), attaining His blessings (karam khand), becoming like Him, realm of truth; (sachkhand).

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
Various stages have been given in Japuji i.e., performing dharma, service to society (dharam khand), knowing him, realsiing Him and self (gyan khand), meditating on him (saram khand), attaining His blessings (karam khand), becoming like Him, realm of truth; (sachkhand).
Sir

You might want to have a read of "The Five Realms" by Rajinder Singh Arshi, [on SPN] which I quite enjoyed and then perhaps proceed, as it were, with the topic to hand !

Link: The Five Realms

Regards

Last edited:

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016

Sachkandh are souls who practice Truth 24/7, who never have self doubt (doubt in Him for we are Him, he is Us). The ones who live on this earth have and have been souls who have detached from the face of the khel and teach others to detach.

Detaching means detaching from the 5 thieves of lust anger greed envy and jealousy ego and attachment and selfish pride.

They practice Truth 100%, 24/7 and teach others out of the khel aswell.

Society has become quite primitive, focusing on false Maya image and is a competition. Bhagats who can detach from all the rubbish while still living a good life, working hard etc and teaching others to detach win this game of life.

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
Sikhilove G

Good philosophy often begins by calling into question the meanings of some of the key terms we use to express a point of view on a subject. It's not always the case that fact and not argument, rules intelligent thinking, quite often, it's the other way around. The aim of academic writing is to develop a point of view on or interpretation of a material and offer evidence in support. With that in mind, I go on to say as follows:
Sachkandh are souls who practice Truth 24/7,
..you could've said, 'souls are residents of sachkhand who practice truth 24/7' since "sachkhand" is a realm, an area, dimension, dwelling, territory, plane, etc. And, the soul in this case is the subject acting on the object [sachkhand], meaning, belonging to or living there.

Why is it necessary to have meanings of terms ?

Well, in a rough and ready mode, if we are to understand each other [discussion under thread], then we have to mean the same by the words we use. We can't use words to mean whatever we choose them to mean. For example, mamma in Italian means mother, Punjabi uncle and British-Punjabi police [slang]. And, hence the reason for consistency and precision. That said, quite often in philosophy, a definition is only a starting-point- something to trigger think-mode. But more importantly, if I may add, is the need to get our vocab right if we're to understand and interpret Gurbani. The writers of Gurbani uses special vocab to mean and express specific conceptual points of view, such as "sachkhand". That is to say, it being a syllable of two words [1] sach = truth and [2] khand = realm, denoting specifically a metaphysical location beyond time and space of which Baba Nanak speaks in pauri 34-37 of japjisahib. Cash-value of which can only be had if one was to both read and interpret within theoretical standpoint to make sense.

But equally must I confess, an adept like yourself can do without such formalities and enjoy the true happiness of the soul in accord with perfect virtue being a staunch believer. So please take my comments to reflect literal sense and not corrective measures.

Take care and thank you !

Last edited:

Sikhilove

Writer
SPNer
May 11, 2016
Sikhilove G

Good philosophy often begins by calling into question the meanings of some of the key terms we use to express a point of view on a subject. It's not always the case that fact and not argument, rules intelligent thinking, quite often, it's the other way around. The aim of academic writing is to develop a point of view on or interpretation of a material and offer evidence in support. With that in mind, I go on to say as follows:

..you could've said, 'souls are residents of sachkhand who practice truth 24/7' since "sachkhand" is a realm, an area, dimension, dwelling, territory, plane, etc. And, the soul in this case is the subject acting on the object [sachkhand], meaning, belonging to or living there.

Why is it necessary to have meanings of terms ?

Well, in a rough and ready mode, if we are to understand each other [discussion under thread], then we have to mean the same by the words we use. We can't use words to mean whatever we choose them to mean. For example, mamma in Italian means mother, Punjabi uncle and British-Punjabi police [slang]. And, hence the reason for consistency and precision. That said, quite often in philosophy, a definition is only a starting-point- something to trigger think-mode. But more importantly, if I may add, is the need to get our vocab right if we're to understand and interpret Gurbani. The writers of Gurbani uses special vocab to mean and express specific conceptual points of view, such as "sachkhand". That is to say, it being a syllable of two words [1] sach = truth and [2] khand = realm, denoting specifically a metaphysical location beyond time and space of which Baba Nanak speaks in pauri 34-37 of japjisahib. Cash-value of which can only be had if one was to both read and interpret within theoretical standpoint to make sense.

But equally must I confess, an adept like yourself can do without such formalities and enjoy the true happiness of the soul in accord with perfect virtue being a staunch believer. So please take my comments to reflect literal sense and not corrective measures.

Take care and thank you !

I understand where you are coming from. Language is limited but it does help to speak in terms that others are able to understand properly.

Sachkandh is indeed a place, a realm. But we connect with it when we practice the highest Truth 100%.

So Sachkandh is also a state of mind. When we begin to vibrate at the frequency and practice truth to the level that is required in sachkandh, we live this state of mind. And when we leave this earth, thats where we're blessed to reside.

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: