• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

TGill

SPNer
Jul 31, 2007
Stupidjassi ji... are you awake ?

Some people shout while asleep, just wanna make sure you are not one of those. Time is to rise from stupidies !! Oops even I shouted :)

clarkejoey

SPNer
Oct 3, 2007
Belize City, Belize
Whoops! sorry kds ji, i certainly didn't mean you in particular. I find what i have read from you to be generally quite up-ful and sensible, and, as you say, blunt when required. However, i find this thread a bit of a downer.

On your other point -

Just because nobody helped sikhs in 1984, does that mean we throw out our obligation to support everbody's freedom? Do we regret Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur giving his life for some hindus 300 years ago, just because some hindus 20 years ago were wicked to us?

kay

SPNer
Nov 8, 2007
Vegetarianism

Just wondering - we all believe in God,

if we observer animals, who only eat grass, or vegetarian they have flat teeths

if we observer animals who eat other animals, they have sharp.

If we observe our teeths, we see that we have both sharp and flat. Why did god give us sharp and flat teeths if he wanted us to be vegetarians?

No disrespect - but what you people are doing, how do you know for a fact that this is what god wants you to do? how do you know that instead he might be angry at what you are doing, not about eating what you want, but about your religion, your beliefs, practises, etc.

clarkejoey

SPNer
Oct 3, 2007
Belize City, Belize
Re: Vegetarianism

If we observe our teeths, we see that we have both sharp and flat. Why did god give us sharp and flat teeths if he wanted us to be vegetarians?

No disrespect - but what you people are doing, how do you know for a fact that this is what god wants you to do? how do you know that instead he might be angry at what you are doing, not about eating what you want, but about your religion, your beliefs, practises, etc.

And where in the name of Diana Ross and the Supremes does that come from? Kay, your posts are like the viruses that travel on a big sneeze when somebody didn't cover their nose. Honestly: did you read what went before, or just jump into a thread?

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA
Whoops! sorry kds ji, i certainly didn't mean you in particular. I find what i have read from you to be generally quite up-ful and sensible, and, as you say, blunt when required. However, i find this thread a bit of a downer.

On your other point -

Just because nobody helped sikhs in 1984, does that mean we throw out our obligation to support everbody's freedom? Do we regret Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur giving his life for some hindus 300 years ago, just because some hindus 20 years ago were wicked to us?

No we should not regret sri Guru tegh bahadur ji giving up his life and we should not throw per obligation.but as a community our first duty is towards our own community.
If we don't care about ourself then who is going help us?

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA

At present if god is angry then he must be with muslim for killing
so many innocent people in name of religion and giving him bad name.

This is common sense

TGill

SPNer
Jul 31, 2007
how do you know that instead he might be angry at what you are doing, not about eating what you want, but about your religion, your beliefs, practises, etc.

Which beliefs and practises are you talking about, do you even know them ??:idea:

Apr 4, 2007

please start a new thread to talk about new issues, this is really confusing.

and by the way, we believe God is "nirvair", or "without enimnity". he doesn't "get angry" at us at all. :)

Astroboy

ਨਾਮ ਤੇਰੇ ਕੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਲਗਾਈ (Previously namjap)
Writer
SPNer
Jul 14, 2007

Aren't vegetarians being hypocritical because they still wear leather or exploit cows for their milk? Cow milk is meant for the calf.
Poor 'under-nourished' calf.

kds1980

SPNer
Apr 3, 2005
INDIA

Mool mantar.

God is without hatred or anger.

I know it . but i talk to people in there language .If he beleives that god could be angry with sikhs .then common sense tell us that god would be much more angry with muslims rather than sikhs for tarnishing his image.

kay

SPNer
Nov 8, 2007

I know it . but i talk to people in there language .If he beleives that god could be angry with sikhs .then common sense tell us that god would be much more angry with muslims rather than sikhs for tarnishing his image.

How many muslims in the name of islam, is that? Any proof?

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: