Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Verses about Origin of Man

Discussion in 'Sikh Sikhi Sikhism' started by Amardeep, Mar 10, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Amardeep

Amardeep
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer

Sath Shri Akal

im am to do a presentation in my clas s about how life originated...the only verses i could find was this :

True Lord created air that formed into water. From water are created all the three worlds, each being bestowed with a Divine-Spark, soul being.
    [19]

and in a powerpoint presentation named "sikhi and science" i read this note:

However, Guru Nanak declared about 340 years before the famous naturalist, Charles, R. Darwin (1809-1882), that the present status of man was achieved by him after passing through a long process of evolution (16, 17). Thus, a religion based on unscientific and illogical principles will not survive very long.

where can i find this verse, where Guru Nanak states this?

do u also know other verses that talk about origin of life/mankind..

2. Loading...