Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Verses about Origin of Man

Discussion in 'Sikh Sikhi Sikhism' started by Amardeep, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Amardeep

Expand Collapse

Feb 13, 2006

im am to do a presentation in my clas s about how life originated...the only verses i could find was this :

True Lord created air that formed into water. From water are created all the three worlds, each being bestowed with a Divine-Spark, soul being.

and in a powerpoint presentation named "sikhi and science" i read this note:

However, Guru Nanak declared about 340 years before the famous naturalist, Charles, R. Darwin (1809-1882), that the present status of man was achieved by him after passing through a long process of evolution (16, 17). Thus, a religion based on unscientific and illogical principles will not survive very long.

where can i find this verse, where Guru Nanak states this?

do u also know other verses that talk about origin of life/mankind..
  2. Loading...