• Welcome to all New Sikh Philosophy Network Forums!
    Explore Sikh Sikhi Sikhism...

Update Wikipedia Enteries On Sikh Socio-Political Topics

akaal

SPNer
May 16, 2015
Hey everybody,

I find it quite hilarious and disturbing how biased and one-sided Wikipedia entries are about topics related to sikhi and especially with regards to the "khalistan" movement and anything related to 84 and beyond. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Case in point: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalistan_movement#Support_from_outside_India

The citations are certainly official sources but extremely biased. Certainly none of the human rights perspective and work around independent organizations etc is covered. It's funny how easy it is for them to blanket call all of it "terrorism." I mean if people keep citing the official indian figures for the death toll in bluestar........... lol

A tangible way we can change this is to start making wikipedia accounts and making it happen. Does anyone out here already contribute to wikipedia?

- Akaal

Original

Writer
SPNer
Jan 9, 2011
London UK
Hey everybody,

I find it quite hilarious and disturbing how biased and one-sided Wikipedia entries are about topics related to sikhi and especially with regards to the "khalistan" movement and anything related to 84 and beyond. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Case in point: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalistan_movement#Support_from_outside_India

The citations are certainly official sources but extremely biased. Certainly none of the human rights perspective and work around independent organizations etc is covered. It's funny how easy it is for them to blanket call all of it "terrorism." I mean if people keep citing the official indian figures for the death toll in bluestar........... lol

A tangible way we can change this is to start making wikipedia accounts and making it happen. Does anyone out here already contribute to wikipedia?

- Akaal
Yes, I do, but very rarely and, that too on subjects that I profess qualified to do so academically; more policing if you like than contributing. General snoop around Sikh as a system of belief appears to be consistent with Sikh ideals. As regards socio-political, I'm not well versed to comment - sorry !

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

❤️ CLICK HERE TO JOIN SPN MOBILE PLATFORM

📌 For all latest updates, follow the Official Sikh Philosophy Network Whatsapp Channel: