Welcome to SPN

Register and Join the most happening forum of Sikh community & intellectuals from around the world.

Islam Under the Cover of Islam

Discussion in 'Interfaith Dialogues' started by Neutral Singh, Nov 24, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Neutral Singh

Neutral Singh
    Expand Collapse
    SPNer Supporter

Toronto -- As a young Canadian Muslim who has called for reform in Islam, I've been traveling throughout North America and Europe over the past year. Last week, I toured France and Spain. God help me.
    I didn't expect a warm reception from fellow Muslims. But now, I'm also not sure that liberal Muslims like me fit comfortably in a secular European crowd. I say this even after the murder of Theo van Gogh, the Dutch filmmaker, who police officials say was shot and stabbed by a Muslim extremist. Mr. van Gogh had exercised his right to criticize Islam - a right that I, as a modern Muslim, defend unequivocally

http://frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=16045

2. Loading...